• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Haha. You can mix them and get both into the same character. Healtanks do the jobs for two.

I have a heal tank (2 actually) but I always do dungeons as a healer so ultimately deal with stupif tanks. Dont get me wrong, there are good ones, but there are SO many bad ones.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
There are three beds in our air conditioned house for Oscar to lay on, but instead he goes outside into the heat to lay on the pebbly patio. :question:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
CT: Friday, I'm heading out to Tampa for Comic Con with my friends and brother. I'm a little nervous for two reasons. One, its only my second con and my first actually doing a cosplay. And two, last year I had a slight emotional breakdown, unrelated to the con, it just happened. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Aww. Always hate it when you have to come home from holiday.

Hope you had an enjoyable holiday. Seems like we're opposite of each other. Cause "let's go home" is music to my ears. Of course that would raise the famous question. "Where's home?". To me the answer would be home is where i can eat, sleep, play videogames in my birthday outfit ;P

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm thinking about the two American towns that appear as locations in my novel series, and whether or not I should finally reveal to my readers where exactly they are. The only problem is, I don't even know it myself, because I've never been to the US. It's supposed to be an area with an average climate (no desert, jungle, or polar region), balancing nature (forests, mountains, lakes) and cities with various degrees of modernness. My research up until now suggests that Maine could be a fitting state, but what do the actual Americans on this forum think? Any help is appreciated.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I am back from Tampa Bay Comic Con. It was hilarious. On Friday, my friend who drove us down had troubles finding parking and nearly flipped out at us. On Saturday, we ordered a pizza from a place that's supposed to deliver up to the hotel, but after 2 hours of nothing we had to look else-wear for dinner. And today before we left, one of my other friends accidentally broke one of the sprinklers in the room, drenching us.

But overall, it was still an enjoyable time. I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show performed with the live actors with the movie playing. It was a fantastic experience. I'm already kinda looking forward to next year :p

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I just handed in my dissertation after 7 months of work, now let’s just hope they like it! :lol:
The only thing I have left to do now is my thesis presentation and then I’m done with my masters. This year has gone so quickly.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I just handed in my dissertation after 7 months of work, now let’s just hope they like it! :lol:
The only thing I have left to do now is my thesis presentation and then I’m done with my masters. This year has gone so quickly.
Good job! :biggrin:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
That moment when you unload what's been on your mind and what's been on your chest and suddenly feel completely empty, completely completely unmotivated, and completely clueless on what to do next. but feel no regret at all because you kinda feel happier and light as a feather.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm afraid I have some bad news for those of you who were hoping for an R-rated Venom: it looks like Venom might be PG-13.

WTF man?!?!?! :mad: Venom is already brutal enough as a character that they'd have to seriously tone him down to keep it from getting an R rating, in which case, I don't think this is the smartest course of action. Look at all the terrible sequels/remakes we've had as a result of them having to be dumbed down from their R-rated predecessors: Rollerball 2002, Terminator 4 & 5, RoboCop 2014, just to name a few. On the other hand, I heard the R-rated Director's Cut of DareDevil is actually an OKAY movie as opposed to the POS PG-13 cut we got in theaters.

Oh God, if they make a Carnage movie somewhere down the road, it better not be PG-13. Imagine a Punisher or Blade flick without an R rating, it's the exact same thing. A Carnage that isn't violent as sh!t (to the point they would have to slap it with an R rating) isn't Carnage. Their whole justification for allowing a Spidey crossover is bogus, anyway since Bob Iger said he'll allow an R-rated Deadpool into the MCU.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm afraid I have some bad news for those of you who were hoping for an R-rated Venom: it looks like Venom might be PG-13.

WTF man?!?!?! :mad: Venom is already brutal enough as a character that they'd have to seriously tone him down to keep it from getting an R rating, in which case, I don't think this is the smartest course of action. Look at all the terrible sequels/remakes we've had as a result of them having to be dumbed down from their R-rated predecessors: Rollerball 2002, Terminator 4 & 5, RoboCop 2014, just to name a few. On the other hand, I heard the R-rated Director's Cut of DareDevil is actually an OKAY movie as opposed to the POS PG-13 cut we got in theaters.

Oh God, if they make a Carnage movie somewhere down the road, it better not be PG-13. Imagine a Punisher or Blade flick without an R rating, it's the exact same thing. A Carnage that isn't violent as sh!t (to the point they would have to slap it with an R rating) isn't Carnage. Their whole justification for allowing a Spidey crossover is bogus, anyway since Bob Iger said he'll allow an R-rated Deadpool into the MCU.

Eh. Movie already looked like trash. Can't say I'm disappointed by this news.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm thinking about the two American towns that appear as locations in my novel series, and whether or not I should finally reveal to my readers where exactly they are. The only problem is, I don't even know it myself, because I've never been to the US. It's supposed to be an area with an average climate (no desert, jungle, or polar region), balancing nature (forests, mountains, lakes) and cities with various degrees of modernness. My research up until now suggests that Maine could be a fitting state, but what do the actual Americans on this forum think? Any help is appreciated.

My first thought was maybe some place in Colorado.

mjk321

never been to the US myself, but Ohio usually is a good choice :razz:

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"

The latest trailer I've seen doesn't look completely terrible, but I still have concerns about the film. It seems like the production team are going back to the early 2000's method of comic book movie making where they take a character with a rich backstory and a connection with both fans and characters from other franchises, and decided to ignore all of that and isolate the character in a completely different origin story that doesn't even resemble their comic book origin. I'm probably still gonna watch Venom out of sheer curiosity, but I'll most likely wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release rather than see it in cinema.
As for the Daredevil Directors Cut, yeah, it is a better film than the theatrical release. It has less plot holes than the original version, the overall plot is reworked into something more coherent, the characters are a little more fleshed out than the they were in the theatrical, the fight scenes are a little more intense, and they switch in a few alternate takes of scenes or lines (for example, Bullseye's line of "I want a f*****g costume" instead of "I want a bloody costume"). And the best thing that got changed was the complete removal of that embarrassing PG-13 sex scene!
And an uncensored Deadpool in the MCU? BRING IT ON!!!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
The latest trailer I've seen doesn't look completely terrible, but I still have concerns about the film. It seems like the production team are going back to the early 2000's method of comic book movie making where they take a character with a rich backstory and a connection with both fans and characters from other franchises, and decided to ignore all of that and isolate the character in a completely different origin story that doesn't even resemble their comic book origin. I'm probably still gonna watch Venom out of sheer curiosity, but I'll most likely wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release rather than see it in cinema.
As for the Daredevil Directors Cut, yeah, it is a better film than the theatrical release. It has less plot holes than the original version, the overall plot is reworked into something more coherent, the characters are a little more fleshed out than the they were in the theatrical, the fight scenes are a little more intense, and they switch in a few alternate takes of scenes or lines (for example, Bullseye's line of "I want a f*****g costume" instead of "I want a bloody costume"). And the best thing that got changed was the complete removal of that embarrassing PG-13 sex scene!
And an uncensored Deadpool in the MCU? BRING IT ON!!!

Yeah, I might wait for the Redbox release, not sure I wanna support watering down a character who, for all intents and purposes is probably best-suited in an R-rated film.

And a PG-13 Carnage? Do not want.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Yeah, I might wait for the Redbox release, not sure I wanna support watering down a character who, for all intents and purposes is probably best-suited in an R-rated film.

And a PG-13 Carnage? Do not want.
A PG-13 Carnage would work about as well as the PG-13 Thomas Jane Punisher film did (at least I think it was PG-13, I'm not sure).

Top Bottom