• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
CT: Not every single movie is for children just because it's animated.:rolleyes: Incredibles 2 was a pretty awesome movie but honestly, why did you think it would be for kids? Not only did it have a PG rating, which always prompted my mom to screen/find out about a movie when I was younger, but children now weren't even born when the first one came out!! Why would Pixar make a movie for kids who weren't around for the first one?

And if we were to be completely honest, the first one wasn't exactly a kids movie either.

I'm sorry but not everything is about your kids. I find parents very selfish in this regard; they automatically assume that everything is appropriate for their children and then get mad and want to start a bunch of **** when it's not. Get over yourselves, your child is not the center of the universe and everything does not revolve around him/her. That's why it's your job to parent. That's what that means.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Hollywood strikes again: Scarlett Johansson is set to play a trans man in an upcoming movie.

Wow, they never learn, do they? First she plays an Asian character as a white chick in Ghost in the Shell and now this sh!t? :lol: Get the f*ck out of here! And it's got the same director from the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie, too (Rupert Sanders).

I guess she learned nothing from all the backlash her whole whitewashing controversy got in their other movie, LOL. Which BTW, it was a sh!tty movie even on its own terms, even looking past the fact that Sco Jo isn't an iota Asian no matter how much pale makeup they put on her.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
On Days of our Lives:
*Ben goes running toward the cabin screaming Ciara's name, obviously worried for her safety*
Hope and Rafe: "He's obviously the one who lit the cabin on fire!"
:question:

Lithium

CT: Not every single movie is for children just because it's animated.:rolleyes: Incredibles 2 was a pretty awesome movie but honestly, why did you think it would be for kids? Not only did it have a PG rating, which always prompted my mom to screen/find out about a movie when I was younger, but children now weren't even born when the first one came out!! Why would Pixar make a movie for kids who weren't around for the first one?

And if we were to be completely honest, the first one wasn't exactly a kids movie either.

I'm sorry but not everything is about your kids. I find parents very selfish in this regard; they automatically assume that everything is appropriate for their children and then get mad and want to start a bunch of **** when it's not. Get over yourselves, your child is not the center of the universe and everything does not revolve around him/her. That's why it's your job to parent. That's what that means.

Oh, I hate this kind, too! When I was still in university I went to see Spirited Away with a friend. In Germany the anime is rated "0" (means "ages 0 and older" - for all audiences), which is NOT a recommendation. In the audience there was a family with a boy aged 2 (!) They were right before us at the ticket counter and asked, if the movie was okay for their kid. We overheard the question and told them "no, it's way to complicated and scary for a toddler" (it was our second time we went to see it) but they bought the tickets anyway, telling us "thanks, but we will just try and see for ourselves".
That was when I swore to myself I would NEVER do such a thing. Being ignorant about the movies or games your kid watches or plays is a total no-go for me. My parents always watched movies without me beforehand to decide if they'd let me watch it. I will do the same with my daughter.

CT: Oh jolly - made it through winter without a sneeze and now I caught the summer flu. :rolleyes:

mjk321

just made pancakes without milk and didn't have any syrup, so I melted some sugar into a syrup. I feel proud and bloated

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Heading into a long weekend of opposite shifts from my husband and so I wont see him til Monday if not later. Makes me kind of sad but our entire marriage seems to have always been either long distance (when he was in college living 8 hours away) or workinf opposite shifts. It makes one realize how valuable what little time you have together is, and I still feel lucky to have married him. <3 /mushystuff

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Heading into a long weekend of opposite shifts from my husband and so I wont see him til Monday if not later. Makes me kind of sad but our entire marriage seems to have always been either long distance (when he was in college living 8 hours away) or workinf opposite shifts. It makes one realize how valuable what little time you have together is, and I still feel lucky to have married him. <3 /mushystuff
My SO and I were on different shifts for two weeks (I know, I know) and it was the worst feeling ever. I missed him so much it was ridiculous. :redface:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My SO and I were on different shifts for two weeks (I know, I know) and it was the worst feeling ever. I missed him so much it was ridiculous. :redface:

Not meaning to trivialize, but imagine doing that for 5 years lol. I hate to say I've gotten used to it, but I'll say during the first year when he was in college when I only saw him a handful of days per year, I would get really depressed. Now, I will get a day with him maybe once per week and the rest is up in the air. I might get a little lovesick if you will, because he is my husband and best friend, but at least it doesn't depress me anymore. Then at least once a month we will go for dinner and/or a movie and some pool to really escape from our day to day lives and stress and really enjoy our time together because we know our time is important. I really do think it has made our relationship stronger and as bad as it has been in the past it is worth the time we do have together.

I don't feel that long distance relationships/opposite shifted relationships are for everyone and I can see how and why they wouldn't work out. I do think if you can stand it though, it can be worth it.

Not to get all mushy again (Sorry lol) but I always tell people not to do what we did, as we dated for a month and were engaged for a month before we got married and for the first couple of years we caught a lot of crap for it because everybody thought we jumped into it too quickly and it would never work and now we've been married more than 5 years and I still feel the same way now as I did on day one. Not for nothing but I've never heard of the honeymoon phase lasting longer than 5 years, so I have no doubts that we will work out. I knew the day I saw him that something was different, it was like a movie, and the same thing happened on the day he proposed to me (which is a funny story but I'm already on a tangent now lol). It was like I got tunnel vision and all I could see was him. I didn't have any sense of anything around me be it sounds or smells. Never felt uncomfortable with him in spite of my bad past which I also won't go into. I always say if you had asked me before I met him whether or not I believed in love at first sight or soulmates I would've said no, but with all of the small coincidences in our shared experiences, as well as everything that had to go wrong in my life to put me in just the right place to meet him at all, I find it hard to think said things don't exist.

Anyway, I will stop now since I'm sure this is the last thing people want to read on a RE forum lol.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yeah don't worry, we didn't do that. We moved in together very quickly but we've been together for a year and a half and have decided not to get married until we can move out of my bachelorette pad. That's essential to us and, even though he wants to stray from that and get married beforehand, I'm determined to stick to our original plan.

So as of right now, we're in a sort of pre-engagement. We're engaged to be engaged, once we buy a house we'll be officially engaged and then married the following May.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
My understanding of the Japanese language is improving quite a bit lately. It was pretty rough for a while but I feel like I got this burst and now I’m just soaking it all up. I have to say, the feeling of understanding a language so (for lack of a better word) foreign to an English speaker, is amazing. I’m by no means fluent; I understand basic Japanese. Progress is progress though and I’m feeling good about it. That hasn’t stopped the nervous, slightly sweaty mess I become when I try to actually conversate though :lol:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My understanding of the Japanese language is improving quite a bit lately. It was pretty rough for a while but I feel like I got this burst and now I’m just soaking it all up. I have to say, the feeling of understanding a language so (for lack of a better word) foreign to an English speaker, is amazing. I’m by no means fluent; I understand basic Japanese. Progress is progress though and I’m feeling good about it. That hasn’t stopped the nervous, slightly sweaty mess I become when I try to actually conversate though :lol:
I wish I had stuck with my Japanese lessons. I found it to be fun to learn.

mjk321

If you need any help, I lived in Japan for the past 5~6 years and quite confident in my Japanese. Passed the JLPT N2 test and some of my friends tell me that I can even pass the N1 test, but dont have the time to study it due to uni.

Top Bottom