• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I've been alright. More importantly how have you been? It's been so long!!!

I'm just trying to hang in there. It hasn't been easy, to say the least. My mom is slowly getting worse. Now my brother and I are taking care of three people (that's including our mom). We almost have no time for ourselves. My stepdad's family won't step up and care for their grandparents so my brother and I were roped into it. Funny, they don't like us but they'll let us take care of their grandparents....

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm just trying to hang in there. It hasn't been easy, to say the least. My mom is slowly getting worse. Now my brother and I are taking care of three people (that's including our mom). We almost have no time for ourselves. My stepdad's family won't step up and care for their grandparents so my brother and I were roped into it. Funny, they don't like us but they'll let us take care of their grandparents....
Sorry to hear you've been having a bit of a rough time. Sounds like you and your brother are very kind people. Try to keep being the strong person you are and try to stay positive. :)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm sorry sweetie. Family is like that sometimes and I know that's frustrating.

I'm so sorry things are so difficult for you right now.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
CT: Anyone ever just hate the slow progression of time? Like, you have something you're really looking forward to some months down the road but you have to wait for it to come, which just increases the chances of something coming up and ruining your plans and killing your happiness. Call me impatient or whatever, but damn, when your outlook on life is pretty crappy to begin with, you need the stuff your looking forward to to actually happen.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
CT: Anyone ever just hate the slow progression of time? Like, you have something you're really looking forward to some months down the road but you have to wait for it to come, which just increases the chances of something coming up and ruining your plans and killing your happiness. Call me impatient or whatever, but damn, when your outlook on life is pretty crappy to begin with, you need the stuff your looking forward to to actually happen.
Ah yes... I’m dying to see The Predator too... and Red Dead Redemption 2... and The Last of Us 2. But mostly The Predator. But only 94 more days until it’s released!

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but I really missed this place and everyone here. I was a little worried I wouldn't see some of the older faces around when I got back, but thankfully you all are still here.

This might sound stupid, but I get really nostalgic just being here. I used to spend hours browsing and chatting with everyone. I hope to be able to do it again for many years to come.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but I really missed this place and everyone here. I was a little worried I wouldn't see some of the older faces around when I got back, but thankfully you all are still here.

This might sound stupid, but I get really nostalgic just being here. I used to spend hours browsing and chatting with everyone. I hope to be able to do it again for many years to come.
Aww that's so sweet! And no, it doesn't sound stupid at all! I've spent close to ten years of my life on this forum and you do start to miss everyone when you're away for a while. It's totally normal... Whatever that means lolol!

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Not sure if i am supposed to feel excited or nervous about something that just happened. It feels like something out of a dream

Cure Zombrex

I've had all manner of rude comments on my YouTube channel since I uploaded all of these Resident Evil 2 opinions videos and people give my videos a thumbs down. I'm not going to turn that option off, because I'm not trying to give people grief for stating how they feel. What I don't appreciate though is trolls saying I have Down's syndrome, because I don't even have that. I've got PDD-NOS, which is kind of like autism. Like, that is really immature to cast that up on a video where a guy is just speaking about how he feels, because at least people on these forums here are somewhat respectful of other fans' views and don't go to that level. My opinion has differed a bit since I uploaded the first rant video a few weeks ago. It was more so that I said all of that stuff because it was all uploaded as a spur of the moment thing that I just fired up on YouTube in a hurry, because E3 didn't really surprise or shock me.

I still think Capcom are money grabbers and I'm not the only guy out there who thinks that this is a one time thing that does well so that Capcom think people have forgotten how lousy their track record has been over the years, then switch things up on us and release more horrendous games for a cheap profit somewhere down the road. The game will likely have tons of DLC stuff put out by Capcom post release that may even be delayed for months like 7 had all that DLC that was delayed until around nearly Christmas last year, and it will contradict the original game's story, I'm sure. I'm just going to enjoy it as a general horror game, because I think that way people like myself won't feel too disheartened or incur the wrath of the true elitists that enjoy whatever Capcom produces. I'm just going to count the first remake as canon due to Lisa Trevor being in other games, and maybe they'll make this remake canon, but I doubt it can be canon since they altered the attires and the story is generally way different as well. That wasn't a good idea. I'm aware that they can still add the biker costume and the original R.P.D. suit in as alternate attires, but it should have been the other way around. Other than that, I don't know what to think. It does look dark and creepy. You'll probably have to do a task to restore the power later on. I don't think we'll be in a darkened state the whole game, but it would be scary.

I do think the Tyrant looks stupid. It's nice that they're using the original concepts, but in my opinion, I can see why they took that out. It is a remake, so I think it probably shouldn't matter, but I don't know. I have to question why Capcom are making some of these choices.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Well, I hope you're happy, #BoycottSolo brigade, all future Star Wars spin-offs have been put on hold after Solo flopped at the BO.

I'm actually kinda torn on what to think of this. On the one-hand, a part of me is glad the milking/cash-grabbing of the franchise is done for as it was so obviously the case for Solo, but on the other hand, I'm a little disappointed that we won't get the Bobba Fett or Obi-Wan Ewan McGregor spin-offs. And really, all it did was affect the spin-off movies fans actually wanted. I get that fans don't want the Rian Johnson stand-alone trilogy, but they boycotted the wrong movie for that. If they wanted to get the Rian Johnson trilogy cancelled, they should've voted with their wallets and boycotted E9 instead. Now the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan pipe dream has been flushed down the toilet along with any potential future appearances by Darth Vader (for the time being).

Cure Zombrex

I have the dentist later on today. It's just for a check-up, but these buildings don't smell nice at all, and I cannot believe it has been 6 months already. :eek:

Top Bottom