• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
CT: I just stumbled upon a completely random bit of trivia that I'm not totally sure I'm thrilled about knowing. Learned today that human testicles are lighter than chimpanzee testicles but heavier than those of gorillas and orangutans.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I know that feeling, Femme! I recently learned that cat **** apparently glows in the dark, and just like the person who told me the worldshaking news, I couldn't help wondering who gets paid for investigating things like this.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
CT: Someone seriously just told me Ashley Graham is a better character than Helena Harper. Where is my gun.

tumblr_miwdoiiN7V1s3rygco1_500.gif

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
CT: Since when is being a bartender looked down upon? I swear my parents are the most difficult people in the world. I make a decision on what *I* want to do with my life and they try their goddamn best to change my mind. Nope, from now on I'm not telling ya'll sh!t about my life decisions if you're gonna act like that.

LordGolbez

I found this on Facebook and I just had to share it.

Why Did God Create Atheists?

There is a famous story told in Hasidic literature that addresses this very question.

The Master teaches the student that God created everything in the world to be appreciated, since everything is here to teach us a lesson. One clever student asks "What lesson can we learn from atheists? Why did God create them?"

The Master responds "God created atheists to teach us the most important lesson of them all -- the lesson of true compassion. You see, when an atheist performs and act of charity, visits someone who is sick, helps someone in need, and cares for the world, he is not doing so because of some religious teaching. He does not believe that god commanded him to perform this act. In fact, he does not believe in God at all, so his acts are based on an inner sense of morality. And look at the kindness he can bestow upon others simply because he feels it to be right."

"This means," the Master continued "that when someone reaches out to you for help, you should never say 'I pray that God will help you.' Instead for the moment, you should become an atheist, imagine that there is no God who can help, and say 'I will help you.'"

If there is redemption in religion, I believe it is when people come to understand this story.

Hoady

Things you couldn't imagine to happen, but all you have is intellectual knowledge so all you can do is ultimately transfer it to others.. who then go to live the dreams you believed. Funnily enough they always discouraged it. But you cannot pursue it, the past dominates you...

Top Bottom