• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Sad to hear that pretty much all movies are being moved to 2021 with Godzilla vs. Kong being pushed back yet again. A Quiet Place is still currently pegged for September, but who knows if it'll even keep its spot at this point.

In that sense, I'm kinda thankful for Tenet keeping its July release window. It may seem like financial suicide to release a $250m movie with limited attendance (it needs in the ballpark of $600-650 mil just to break even), but it'll help keep the industry alive, which Chris Nolan is all about the moviegoing experience, which surely factored into his decision to stick with it.

I'm not sure how a feel about this. Especially with the resurgence happening now; which will line up with July being a huge spike in active cases. The movie industry will always be relevant as it's entertainment and big theaters will reopen. I'm sure many big studios will rush to their aid as there's no way Disney or Universal is going to let happen. The major movie theaters are not re-opening until June 26th at the earliest here and that's limited to like 6 in the whole province. We have more than that in our city alone.

I'm glad many films are still being planned and filming to move forward in the future. Marvel isn't taking a break and using their time to work towards the future and have more breathing room. I would not be surprised if Black Widow gets further delayed or released straight to blu-ray and DVD depending how bad it gets.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Yeah, theres been quite a few films we were planning to see this year that won't happen now. The kids were pleased that Onward and Trolls got home releases without cinema so that's mollified them a bit.

CT: eldest needs to get a job again. Lockdown is no longer an excuse for sponging off the Bank of Mum and Dad

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
My local drive in move theater is playing classic films right now, so I am pretty excited about that. They're doing things like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ghostbusters, Jurrasic Park, Jaws, The Thing, They Live, The Breakfast Club, etc.

So I am cool with that. I just have to find which one REALLY excites me since the most local drive in is about a 50 minute drive!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So a woman just called in to my job at work. She said her name was Karen. I asked "Karen, are you the store manager?" She says, "Yes." I respond with, "Oh how the tables have turned. Now you can only ask for yourself." ...She was not amused.

Sad to hear that pretty much all movies are being moved to 2021 with Godzilla vs. Kong being pushed back yet again. A Quiet Place is still currently pegged for September, but who knows if it'll even keep its spot at this point.

In that sense, I'm kinda thankful for Tenet keeping its July release window. It may seem like financial suicide to release a $250m movie with limited attendance (it needs in the ballpark of $600-650 mil just to break even), but it'll help keep the industry alive, which Chris Nolan is all about the moviegoing experience, which surely factored into his decision to stick with it.
I know what you mean. GvK and Dune were like...My biggest movie wants this year and boom. Nothing. My church is closed. It's devestating.

My local drive in move theater is playing classic films right now, so I am pretty excited about that. They're doing things like Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ghostbusters, Jurrasic Park, Jaws, The Thing, They Live, The Breakfast Club, etc.

So I am cool with that. I just have to find which one REALLY excites me since the most local drive in is about a 50 minute drive!
My drive in has been doing the same. It's awesome.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Am I the only one who is super excited that this is happening?

You're definitely not alone. I'm so happy this is happening. Unfortunately, I can see reviewers going after this game for dumb reasons like it y'know, being a Crash game, even though that's the point. I just hope the nostalgia hasn't worn off from the trilogy and people show interest in this too.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am not familiar with the Crash series. Is this a new entry in the series or is it a remake of an older Crash 4 I didn't know existed. haha.

Anyway, glad to see Naughty Dog bringing back some older franchises. I'd be real happy to see a new Jak and Daxter game!

Turo602

The King of Kings
I am not familiar with the Crash series. Is this a new entry in the series or is it a remake of an older Crash 4 I didn't know existed. haha.

Anyway, glad to see Naughty Dog bringing back some older franchises. I'd be real happy to see a new Jak and Daxter game!

It's a brand new sequel from the developers of the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy. Also, Naughty Dog hasn't had anything to do with Crash since the PS1. I also recall Naughty Dog saying they were done with cartoony games. The only way I can see Jak and Daxter returning is under a new developer, which hasn't really worked out too well before.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well, I just learned a lot of information real quick. Interesting. Well, I haven't played a Crash game since Crash 2, but I wouldn't mind getting back in to the series.

And I can still dream of a Jak and Daxter return! haha

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@UniqTeas Turo is quite right about the status of the game as well as Naughty Dog's lack of involvement.

I miss the Naughty Dog days but The N Sane Trilogy was amazing despite their lack of involvement, as was CTR Nitro Fueled. I feel like the developers who have touched Crash so far have been insanely respectful of its legacy so I'm pretty hyped and hopeful.

The gameplay looks promising and, though I was a bit skeptical about the redesign when I first saw the box art, I'm really digging it after the trailer.

From what I gathered in another video this picks up after Warped and the line at the end of the trailer appears to retcon the existence of post-Naughty Dog games. (Which I'm kinda okay with since I never played anything after the ND days.)

Turo602

The King of Kings
From what I gathered in another video this picks up after Warped and the line at the end of the trailer appears to retcon the existence of post-Naughty Dog games. (Which I'm kinda okay with since I never played anything after the ND days.)

I could never finish the Wrath of Cortex. It had a lot of potential, but the gimmick stages were terrible. I will however highly recommend the GBA games (minus the Spyro crossover one). I don't know what kind of witchcraft they pulled, but those games felt like genuine Crash games right down to the physics. By far my favorites of the post Naughty Dog era. Never got to play Twinsanity though.

Awebb

Today, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court agreed to hear Bill Cosby's appeal for rape conviction.

I don't get why people think Bill Cosby's innocent TBH. He admitted to drugging the girls and 60+ accusations don't just come out of thin air.

[video...]

Need I say more?

No, you don't need to say more. This is exactly why we need a proper judicial system, because people will just pick apart anything you've ever said and try to make a case. The concept of the love potion is as old as literature. People thinking that Cosby's innocent is a strawman, people think all kind of stupid stuff, because they simply consume data and don't really process it into information.

The actual big deal here is, that Cosby has the money to spend on lawyers who will pester the system over and over again, not only until he has kicked the bucket, but until the rest of his family is either dead or too broke to pay lawyers. They're also trying to make this about race, which is funny, because playing the race card is the social equivalent of throwing your trash into the ocean, it's a quick fix but it will come back and bite your nuts later.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This just in. The Teen Titans are now using Pokemon to guard their HQ
original.jpg

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Since there's not a lot in the way of movie news ATM, Josh Trank, the guy who infamously directed the godawful Fantastic Four reboot (Fant4stic, or Fant4sh!t as I like to call it) and the recently reviled Capone movie, had another outburst on Twitter where he threatened to "knock critics the f*ck out" before closing his account YET AGAIN.

Social media user Dr. Sizzle noticed Trank recently deleted his Instagram and Twitter following online trolls harassing him about Capone and Fantastic Four. Ahead of his deletion, Trank began to respond to some of the trolls with equally passionate comebacks. When one user wrote "How egotistical and pretentious can a director be? Answer: Josh Trank," Trank replied with "Say it to my face. I'll knock you the f*ck out." In his final post, Trank stood by Capone, affirmed that "Black Lives Matter," and told people to "Accomplish something interesting w/ your lives."

Wow this guy is a complete f*cking nutcase and extremely thin-skinned. He's effectively blacklisted himself from making another major Hollywood picture again because no studio in their right mind will hire this guy after the complete sh!tfests that were his last 2 movies and his erratic behavior both on and off the set. He literally compared a picture of his dog's anus to the fans and caused thousands of dollars in property damage after getting coked up on the set of F4 2015.

If he can't handle criticism of his movies, then maybe he shouldn't be making them. Or stay off social media at the very least. This isn't that far removed from Uwe Boll literally challenging his critics to boxing matches because he couldn't take people (rightfully) bashing them. It doesn't show how "ballsy" or "cool" they are, it just shows how childish and self-absorbed they are.

But yeah, now we know Chronicle was him catching lightning in a bottle and this guy is pure cancer to work with. Fant4sh!t would've sucked hard even if he'd been left to his own devices the whole time. He himself admitted no Trank Cut of the movie exists BTW (he doesn't even have the FOOTAGE for it, unlike the Snyder Cut).

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
CT: I know you mean well but I've been parenting for almost 20 years. Please don't patronise me.

Top Bottom