• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm a little obsessed with the western theme lately. Since the trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2, I've been replaying Red Dead Redemption and watching a lot of Clint Eastwood movies. ^_^
If you haven't seen it, watch "The Wild Bunch". One of the best Westerns ever! "True Grit" too.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
If you haven't seen it, watch "The Wild Bunch". One of the best Westerns ever! "True Grit" too.

Oooh The Wild Bunch is one that I've heard about- definitely will be looking for that one then. I've seen the remake of True Grit and loved it! Haven't seen the original one in full though.

I also enjoyed Rio Bravo, El Dorado, The Train Robbers, Big Jake and, even though it's more funny than anything else, McLintock! (Gotta love John Wayne westerns. They're somehow different from other westerns.)

I have the move The Searchers! I'd like to watch more of John Wayne's movies because my grandpa used to be a big fan of his shows.

Thanks for the suggestions, you two! If you have any other favorites let me know! I honestly haven't seen too many.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I also enjoyed Rio Bravo, El Dorado, The Train Robbers, Big Jake and, even though it's more funny than anything else, McLintock! (Gotta love John Wayne westerns. They're somehow different from other westerns.)
YES! "Big Jake" is a great one! All those are, honestly! Good picks.
Oooh The Wild Bunch is one that I've heard about- definitely will be looking for that one then. I've seen the remake of True Grit and loved it! Haven't seen the original one in full though.
I have the move The Searchers! I'd like to watch more of John Wayne's movies because my grandpa used to be a big fan of his shows.
Thanks for the suggestions, you two! If you have any other favorites let me know! I honestly haven't seen too many.
The remake's good, but it's pretty different. Both are worth watching!

OH YEAH! I can't forget "The Shootist"!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Only on Facebook: If you're bored, you can hang out there all day and no one will post anything. But log out for half an hour or so, and it will feel like the entire world has changed five times by the time you're back.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Just when things were getting good on Supergirl, they just had to go and do a four day crossover event with all the other superhero shows. I'm seriously dreading tomorrow night's episode because I'm sure it'll just leave me wanting a real Supergirl episode.:cry:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Wait, what? A four day crossover event? :eek: Does that mean I'll have to watch Supergirl and possibly also Legends of Tomorrow to understand it? Meh... I mean, nothing against those shows, I just don't usually watch Supergirl or Superman or anything Super, and while I did watch the first season of Legends, I thought it was... um... not very good.

Nice new signature, though! :biggrin: I just saw this episode today, and now I'm excited to find out how this particular storyline will continue.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Wait, what? A four day crossover event? :eek: Does that mean I'll have to watch Supergirl and possibly also Legends of Tomorrow to understand it? Meh... I mean, nothing against those shows, I just don't usually watch Supergirl or Superman or anything Super, and while I did watch the first season of Legends, I thought it was... um... not very good.

Nice new signature, though! :biggrin: I just saw this episode today, and now I'm excited to find out how this particular storyline will continue.
Yeah there's a four day crossover about to go down starting tomorrow with Supergirl and ending Thursday with Legends... Which forced me to set up to record both Legends and Arrow as I don't watch either of them.

Yeah I'm super stoked about Killer Frost in Flash. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with this past episode...I found it pretty hasty and rushed in how certain things played out. I'm still uber excited though!

Supergirl is super awesome and might be worth an episode watch if you had time and were up to it. (I particularly liked the episodes at the beginning of season two with Superman.) It's not like other super-media. This isn't Smallville, it doesn't take itself super seriously; it stays true to what's at the core of the supers and has a talented group of actors at its core who all seem to be having a really good time with this series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Family gatherings are always fun... so this happened...
Aunt's boyfriend's son: "Everybody in my immediate family has glasses except me, but I balance it out because I'm schizophrenic!"
*Whole room goes silent*
Grandma: "What did he just say...?"
Mom: "...You heard what he said."

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yeah there's a four day crossover about to go down starting tomorrow with Supergirl and ending Thursday with Legends... Which forced me to set up to record both Legends and Arrow as I don't watch either of them.

If you need an incentive to watch Arrow, here are four pretty good reasons:

manu-bennett-as-slade-wilson-stephen-amell-as-oliver-queen-david-ramsey-as-john-diggle-colton-haynes-as-roy-harper.jpg

And it doesn't stop there... :wink:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
If you need an incentive to watch Arrow, here are four pretty good reasons:

manu-bennett-as-slade-wilson-stephen-amell-as-oliver-queen-david-ramsey-as-john-diggle-colton-haynes-as-roy-harper.jpg

And it doesn't stop there... :wink:
While that is some very nice incentive right there, my comic bias stops me. Never been a super huge Green Arrow fan, especially since the **** that went down with him and Black Canary before the New 52 reboot. (His relationship with Dinah was always one of the things that redeemed him to me and the fact that a writer just swooped in and cheapened their whole marriage sorta ticked me off.)

Like Batman, I find Ollie to be a pretty big asshole and I just kinda don't get down with that. Only reason I still chill with Batman is because of his rogues gallery.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I can't argue with that, Ollie is quite the asshole at times, especially now in the fifth season, where he's treating his new recruits like dirt. Or better yet, in the first season, where he tried to get his best friend Tommy and his ex-girlfriend Laurel (the TV show's equivalent of Dinah, as far as I know) back together, just to go and sleep with her himself later in the same episode. Damn, was I mad at him! If he's just like that or even worse in the comics, then yeah, I can understand your aversion to him. I got into the show totally unbiased because I didn't even know Arrow was based on a comic when I started watching; the only comic book superheroes I knew at the time were Superman, Batman, Chris Redfield the Boulder Puncher, and Spider-Man.

Needless to say, I didn't know the Flash back then either, but I'm glad I do now. He's just so sweet! Although it's a little hard to take his adorkable innocence seriously when you've also watched a certain other show...

6409d8f18472bbd9c3ea01ce6a6edd65.jpg

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yeah Ollie's pretty much an asshole no matter how you spin it but Dinah really leveled him out. Being married to her straightened him out pretty nicely, sorta gave him a few more layers and softened his edges a bit. He was still an asshole but he had a different side with her that was pretty darned endearing... And then that one writer decided to shake things up a bit and retconned him cheating on her numerous times during the course of their marriage before breaking them up and then the New 52 came along and changed just about everything we know about DC comics.

So no, he's never been a nice guy but, then again, neither has Batman's emo ass.

I think that's what I like so much about characters like the Supers and Captain America, and to that end, like Optimus Prime from Transformers and even our very own Chris Redfield the boulder puncher; they're genuinely good characters who don't hide behind hype or reputation. They really care about people and they have this really strong sense of right and wrong. They're everything we wish we could be and, even though they have their flaws here and there and their ups and downs, they never give up. I like that quality in my fictional characters.

Art imitating life can be amazing and it is amazing sometimes but I go to fiction to get away from all that. With Batman sometimes the complexity and genius of the plot gets lost because Batman's attitude just depresses the hell outta me.

Flash is another amazing character who has his flaws and ups and downs but is still just a really good person who wants to help people. Never seen Glee, I think that may have been a little after my time. (Everything I've ever seen about it seemed to be pointed at a... Younger audience I guess would be the way to put that...) But Grant Gustin seems to be a pretty talented guy. I really like him as Barry.

DC seems to be putting a lot of effort into their TV shows, which is always nice for fans who like to see justice done to their favorite characters. Like I said, I was super surprised by how spot on that Superman cameo was in Supergirl. Tyler Hoechlin seriously needs his own Superman show!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Okay so Supergirl is my show, KaraMel is my ship and there's only one problem I have with them kissing in Medusa...

Everything!

Call it my skepticism from years of loving a ship only to have writers torture them by breaking them up and shoving them with other people and making them starcrossed and just generally over-doing the relationship drama for no other reason than they think it's not entertaining for a couple to be a genuinely happy couple with normal, everyday problems and instead give them ridiculous, love triangle/quadrilateral, cheating scandal, I can't believe you slept with my mom problems!

That and, while I think it's totally adorable and very fitting to have Supergirl and Superboy in love and in a relationship, I don't think they'll do it. :cry:

I honestly couldn't care less if my ship is canon or not and would have much rather them just continue to stare longingly at each other when the other's not looking and adorably play monopoly while under quarantine for an alien virus.
Because you don't just play monopoly with anyone; that game is long as **** and requires true love to even consider playing!!!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Never seen Glee, I think that may have been a little after my time. (Everything I've ever seen about it seemed to be pointed at a... Younger audience I guess would be the way to put that...)

That's the exact reason I refused to watch it initially. In fact, I only got into it because there was nothing else to watch at the time and I was like, okay, everyone is talking about how great Glee is, let's give it a try. Now that I've seen all of it, I can confirm that yes, the main characters are mostly teenagers and the show is all about their (sometimes not so) silly problems, but the entire package is kind of similar to Disney movies: Made for kids, but still entertaining for older viewers as well. What I like about Glee is how light-hearted it is most of the time, which may seem strange to people who know the rather dark stuff I'm usually interested in, but that's just the point: Sometimes you need a litte light-heartedness in all that darkness, and Glee provided that for me at a time when I was quite depressed.

Tyler Hoechlin seriously needs his own Superman show!

You mean him?

OvF5CTw8.jpeg

Yeah... I know him from Teen Wolf, yet another show I started watching out of boredom and then continued watching for... um... "reasons", you know. :biggrin:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
@Magnolia Grandiflora
Instead, I tend not to like goodie two shoes characters. Those are the ones I find irritating amd nerve-grating. I find characters with a more grey morality such as Batman a whole lot more interesting. They usually tend to be the more badass too.

Top Bottom