• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Turo602

The King of Kings
Hopefully this new Ghost Rider can help us forget that Nic Cage performance. And I'm still weary of DC. Most of their films have been sh*t lately.

Meh, if it's not Johnny Blaze then what's the point? I was even contemplating giving Agents of Shield a watch but I'll stick to the Netflix shows. Sh*t? I don't think so. I can nitpick the sh*t out of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, but I still enjoyed both films very much, definitely a lot more than a lot of Marvel movies. I don't understand why Marvel gets a free pass when they f*ck up yet everyone sh*ts on DC like they're the worst thing ever.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
And I'm still weary of DC. Most of their films have been sh*t lately.

True that. I was one of those who believed that BvS could be good. And MoS too. Their post Nolan expanded cinematic universe plan is crumbling so bad, it's painful to witness. Although look, I got hope for Ben Affleck's Batman flick. He seems to know what he's doing a lot more than Snyder does.

But aside from that movie, I've given up hope for DC/WB to churn out decent flicks now. I'll see if Suicide Squad makes me change my mind.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Not sure, but a friend of mine who live in Canada told me that. He also told me that the person who broke into your house can file a report. Abd take you to court for attacking him.

I heard that from another friend but I'm pretty sure that's not true. I'm guessing you're from Canada as well? So if this were to happen. You have the right to defend yourself. This is "the supreme law of Canada." In other words it takes priority over any other law and these things must be carefully considered when writing and passing a law. There are a few exceptions in extreme cases. Such as if a minor broke into your house and you subdued him/her and performed sexual activities (acts of pedophilia) on them. Something like that is unjust and pure common sense.

The charter of rights in freedom states the following under section 7.
“ Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice."

It also protects your physical and psychological safety. You own security. The offendant who broke into your home and tried to kill you broke every single one of those laws and you defended yourself lawfully.
You can read about it here http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sjc/just/06.html it'll probably clear a few things up.

I do want to add that there is actually difference between being placed under arrest and detained in a holding cell. And being arrested. One will give you a criminal record and the other won't. You have to be proven guilty and it needs to be justified. Even if it isn't, it will be in court should you pursue to do so.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Watched the Kong: Skull Island trailer... they... they didn't make Kong bipedal again, right? Please tell me they didn't. Cause in the trailer it looks like they did. Goddammit! That's cheesy as hell! THIS is the definitive Kong for me, period.

Kingkong_bigfinal1.jpg

I hope he will still come off as badass as he should, but man, with the cheesy bipedal stance, I just can't see it! Sigh...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
That sounds awful hope you get well soon. I have some unpleasant memories with insect bites too, specially Centipedes, if that's what they're called.

First year at uni is done for, four more to go...
Never imagined it to be this tough...
Thanks wolf trail. :) Bites suck, huh? And I hope uni is going well and you're enjoying it, even though it's tough!
Omg Jen that's horrible! D:

Do you know what kind of insect bit you? I hope you recover smoothly *hugs*
No idea what bit me, it could have happened anywhere, but the mark appeared Thursday morning and then just spread. It could have happened on the beach, sat in the grass or just walking around. I'm not gonna let it ruin things, though. Thanks for your concern, chick. <3 :)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: *sigh* Maybe it's because I've experienced myself what it's like to not have enough to eat, but I really hate wasting food. This weekend I had to throw away eleven slices of toast and a pot of tomato sauce, both of which had miraculously gotten mouldy in the fridge. I'm telling you - now that Teen Wolf is dying, everything is...

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
Thanks wolf trail. :) Bites suck, huh? And I hope uni is going well and you're enjoying it, even though it's tough!
Sure as hell they do :D
And yes uni was fun with all it's difficulties.
CT: *sigh* Maybe it's because I've experienced myself what it's like to not have enough to eat, but I really hate wasting food. This weekend I had to throw away eleven slices of toast and a pot of tomato sauce, both of which had miraculously gotten mouldy in the fridge. I'm telling you - now that Teen Wolf is dying, everything is...
I agree wasting food is so anoying, one time I had to throw everything away cz my silly friend turned off the fridge.
I was so mad :)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Meh, if it's not Johnny Blaze then what's the point? I was even contemplating giving Agents of Shield a watch but I'll stick to the Netflix shows. Sh*t? I don't think so. I can nitpick the sh*t out of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, but I still enjoyed both films very much, definitely a lot more than a lot of Marvel movies. I don't understand why Marvel gets a free pass when they f*ck up yet everyone sh*ts on DC like they're the worst thing ever.

Oh I'm not defending Marvel. The last Marvel film I actually enjoyed was Guardians of the Galaxy. The rest were kinda boring, imo. And I'll admit I'm biased against DC because I hate Superman. In every form of media he's in. I just don't like him.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Turo602 you're really missing out if you don't watch AoS. The first 4-5 episodes are not very good, but then it gets really good. It's a rollercoaster ride. It has it's up and downs but it's the most plot twisty stuff in the MCU. It's very intense and leaves you on the edge more than any other show does. It does have some issues and the Narrative goes back and forth in quality. At it's best.... it is a highlight of the MCU. At it's worse... it's meh.

Unlike the Netflix shows. It actually ties into the movies. The first 15 minutes of Age of Ultron is directly a result from the show. A fair few episodes built up to that. Dr List who was on the movie was in the show and S.H.I.E.L.D. was tracking Von Strucker down. Once they found him they called the Avengers and the movie opens up. Actually they did all the hard work. The Avengers just cleaned up the checkmate.

Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. is equally about HYDRA and explains a lot. In fact people might be surprised to know that Red Skull did NOT create HYDRA. he just rebuilt his own version of it in his image. The organization has been around for hundreds of years. It explains their logo and a bunch of other things. If you remember the first Avengers film. The main guy from the World Security Council. His name is Gideon Malik and he's a major character in Season 3. He is the head of HYDRA at that time but he follows the ideals of the old HYDRA. Not the twisted sick version Red Skull and Dr Whitehall did. He stills wants power but he's not going to kill everyone for it.

There are a few other characters in the movies are in the show. Even Nick Fury and Maria Hill show up for 2 episodes. There a lot of characters from the comic books that show up. Even some iconic ones. As you can tell with Ghost Rider. We've had a few like Hellfire, Victoria Hand, Mr Hyde, and a bunch of others. I don't want to spoil the surprises. It's definitely worth a watch.

@Flipqy42
You didn't like Civil War :O ?! Ant-Man was also awesome xD

I do agree with Superman. He's a little bland and his powers are silly. But I do love Henry Cavill as Superman. Man of Steel was my favorite thing regarding Superman. The fights were amazing and the story was emotional. DC fans are just ****y as hell.

I am excited for Affleck's Batman film. It's going to take place in Arkham Asylum. He's directing and will not release it until he's happy because....

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Well..I had to dig out the only dress I own, today...it only gets worn to funerals. Around lunchtime this past Friday, I received a phone call from my best friend's mom. I could tell by the tone of her voice that something wasn't right. This poor woman had been leaving voicemails for her father all week & he never returned her calls. Well she went to go check on him Friday & found him dead in his apartment :( The coroner says that they think he had a massive heart attack sometime this past Monday. I will spare you all the details but a daughter shouldn't have to find her father the way she found hers.

It broke my heart hearing this. That whole family has been through thick & thin with my family & I always loved talking to my best friend's grandfather. He was funny as hell & him being Italian American, he had some pretty interesting stories about "friends" of his up North lol. I always wondered if the man had been involved in the mafia in his younger days :p He treated my brother & I like we were his grandkids, & we treated him like he was our grandfather.

I hate that he's gone. It sucks realising that I'll never get to talk to him again.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Well..I had to dig out the only dress I own, today...it only gets worn to funerals. Around lunchtime this past Friday, I received a phone call from my best friend's mom. I could tell by the tone of her voice that something wasn't right. This poor woman had been leaving voicemails for her father all week & he never returned her calls. Well she went to go check on him Friday & found him dead in his apartment :( The coroner says that they think he had a massive heart attack sometime this past Monday. I will spare you all the details but a daughter shouldn't have to find her father the way she found hers.

It broke my heart hearing this. That whole family has been through thick & thin with my family & I always loved talking to my best friend's grandfather. He was funny as hell & him being Italian American, he had some pretty interesting stories about "friends" of his up North lol. I always wondered if the man had been involved in the mafia in his younger days :p He treated my brother & I like we were his grandkids, & we treated him like he was our grandfather.

I hate that he's gone. It sucks realising that I'll never get to talk to him again.

I am sorry for your loss. If you ever want to talk. i am here for you. *hugs*

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I am sorry for your loss. If you ever want to talk. i am here for you. *hugs*

Thanks hon <3 I'll be okay. My job is to be that family's rock right now so I'm tucking away how I feel until we get through the funeral Tuesday morning.

wolf trail

Oh sorry to hear that tremor, you guys stay strong, we're here if you need to talk.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

I'm so sorry, that's awful. If he made an impact on people's lives, then I think he's not completely gone. He's still here, in a way. I'm here for you too. <3

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm thinking about how ****ed over I was when I ran a couple blocks to get that Lapras and it was a 40CP. The RNG ****ed me over so hard. I'm a level 21 and I get a ****ing level 40CP for the 3rd most powerful Pokémon in the game? That's a joke! That's a ****ing joke!

The other day a Snorlax showed up and there was a huge crowd that went wild looking for it and we got it. My was a Baby. Extra small weight and extra small height. Just a little one meter cutie. A real teddy bear who can't do jack ****. He was a 130CP and even if I fed him so much candy that he's bloated. He'd still be a baby. Plus I would need to spend all my hard earned resources to make him half useful. So disappointing. I am happy for my friend because he was level 12 and his Snorlax was CP??? He got it and it was a 960. Very impressive and very lucky. That is insane catch for a level 12.

Ughhh I'm not super mad, but I'm really upset and disappointed over it.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Sorry for your loss @tremor! Be strong for your friend, girly.

I just got back from my vacation to San Francisco with a few girl friends. It was definitely an experience... there was a lot of emotions; some good and some not so much. Funny to think that the oldest person there (being almost 30 years old) was the most childish one in the group. A bridge was burned between us and it is still shocking how things ended up between us due to her ridiculous behavior. As disappointing as it is to think that things wound up this way, I do not have any regrets in how I handled such an absurd situation.
The other two girls and I knew that she is notorious for being dramatic and overreacting, but being across country on a trip we all worked so hard to bring to fruition and having to deal with her nasty attitude and scowling face was all too much to put up with. She was literally mad at us for wanting to walk around this town that none of us have ever been to and hated that we kept doing and seeing touristy things instead of mingling in bars every night. None of us thought she would behave as badly as she did. You live and you learn and sadly it made me realize that I need to stop trying to look past red flags on people that I come across in life and take them for what they are- warnings.

wolf trail

C.T: It sucks so bad to live in a society where you have to keep your ideologies a secret and live acording to their messed up principles.
I'm so sick and tired of pretending.
Why do they get to run their mouth and preach about their faith while I face extermination for simply disagreeing with their nonsense?

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
We switched from Shaw to Telus half a year ago, and Shaw has been calling us about every few weeks since then. The more you phone us, the more we're not gonna want to go back, idiots.

Top Bottom