• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Reading?

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
At the moment I'm re-re-rereading the S.D. Perry adaptation of RE2. Again. Those books just don't get old for me. The last books I read before that were Mira Grant's "Newsflesh" trilogy. They've been some of my favourite books of the last few years, I can't recommend them enough.

Lithium

A Song of Ice and Fire: A Dance With Dragons.
At this point the tv series and the books really move into different directions. But its actually pretty cool to read one version of the story and watch another.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I JUST finished the final issue of The Boys tonight...It's easily the darkest, grittiest, most hardcore comic I've ever read. 72 issues of nightmare fuel. And the ending was brilliant, but I'm also happy to be finished. The mind can only take so much...

Desert Eagle

actually peggy carter
So many books!

Just finished "The Time of Contempt" (The Witcher #2), finishing up my re-read of HP1, "The Crown" by Keira Cass, and "Dan vs Nature" by Don Calame.

I also recently finished "The Dwarves" by Markus Heitz. It was amazing.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Gosh, I want to get reading JK Rowling's new crime novel. Need to buy it soon, now it's gone down in price. :D

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I bought JK Rowling's new book and have been reading that. I've done my usual thing of reading til 3am, thinking I'll read just one more chapter, and getting to the end of the chapter only for the good part of the book to start. There's 20% of the book left, so I can't finish it tonight... But damn, I want to read on...

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I'm re-re-rereading a book by Simon Spurrier called The Culled. It's part of a series of unconnected stories called The Afterblight Chronicles, all of them dealing with different kinds of post-apocalyptic societies. This one is about an ex-MI6 agent who travels from London to New York to find someone he thought had died of a virus that killed everyone except those with type O negative blood, and along the way has multiple run-ins with a religious cult that essentially kidnaps children.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger
Found a first edition print at Value Village, so why not?

latest

I hear this is another one of King's books like The Stand that's been, for lack of a better term, "George Lucas'd", where it's been extended, pop cultural references are altered, and details are changed to fit more in line with later books.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Yesterday I finished New York: The Novel by Edward Rutherfurd. It was really good, though I do think it focused on some characters too much and others not enough, and I expected the 1900s-2000s to show more of how the world was changing. Also, something I noticed was that characters kept talking the same way all the way from the 1600s to the 2000s. There was no change in the way people said things. Who says they had a "quarrel" nowadays? xD

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Reading the novel of the same name that inspired The Exorcist.
I swear to god, some of the sh!t in this novel would be even more intense than what we got in the movie if it were word-for-word.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Apart from my textbooks, I'm in the middle of reading House of Leaves. It is a book that inspired the Silent Hill game series. It's pretty impressive how the author, Mark Z. Danielewski, wrote this book as it is so intricate. Very creepy story so far and also very inspiring storytelling.

Also started reading S.D. Perry's Resident Evil Code Veronica. Wonder what's gonna happen?! :p

But in all seriousness it's a fun and quick read and is the first RE book that I have read by her (I've read the Alien vs Predator and Predator book series). While the book lacks some juicy environmental details, it does pretty good with giving more insight to the characters and their thoughts and personality.

Last edited:

SpaceOwlHoot

Been looking for a thread like this..

I started The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...took a pause there to finish up some other books, I think I have 2 or 3 books left in the series.

Started reading some book about conspiracists that I got for my birthday called Among the Truthers

Top Bottom