• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Top 10 Favorite Movies/TV Shows

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
MOVIES
1. Blade Runner
2. The Thing
3. The Shining
4. AKIRA
5. MASH
6. Highlander
7. Batman
8. Stripes
9. The Untouchables
10. The Goonies

TV
1. M*A*S*H
2. DragonBall-Z
3. Fairy Tail
4. Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
5. Criminal Minds

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
Movies

1. The Shining
2. Child's Play
3. A Nightmare On Elm Street
4. Wishmaster
5. IT
6. The Matrix
7. Nine Dead
8. Saw
9. The Ward
10. Vile

TV Shows

1. The Walking Dead
2. Being Human
3. The Haunting
4. Forensic Files
5. Solved
6. Myth Busters
7. I (Almost) Got Away With It.
8. Oddities San Francisco
9. I Shouldn't Be Alive
10. Man Vs. Wild

Cartoons/Anime (Mostly Anime)

1. Blood +
2. Soul Eater
3. Full Metal Alchemist
4. Ghost Hunt
5. Romeo x Juliet
6. Avatar: The Last Airbender
7. Pokemon
8. Martin Mystery
9. Teen Titans
10. Naruto

haha I'm actually terrified of Chucky cos my cousins made me watch it when I was 6, also, when I got into a fight with my ex, his mum made me sleep in the living room with a whole bunch of porcelain dolls eyes glaring at me for the entire night.

@KKAAIIG suggested Being Human and the British version is awesome.

TV Shows
  1. Pretty Little Liars
  2. The Walking Dead
  3. Big Bang Theory
  4. Family Guy
  5. The Simpsons
  6. Doctor Who

Movies
  1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (All)
  2. I Know What You Did Last Summer
  3. Halloween H2O
  4. Wrong Turn
  5. Resident Evil (All)
  6. Superman
  7. Kill bill vol 1 & 2
  8. The Predators
  9. Harry Potter
  10. The Shining
Cartoons
  1. Scooby Doo
  2. Winx Club (lol)
  3. Powerpuff girls
  4. Johnny Bravo
  5. Tom & Jerry
  6. Bratz
  7. Martin mystery
  8. Totally Spies
  9. Thumbelina
  10. Teen Titans (I prefer Original over GO)

You're a GODSEND, I thought I was the only person that liked Thumbelina

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
haha I'm actually terrified of Chucky cos my cousins made me watch it when I was 6, also, when I got into a fight with my ex, his mum made me sleep in the living room with a whole bunch of porcelain dolls eyes glaring at me for the entire night.

@KKAAIIG suggested Being Human and the British version is awesome.

You're a GODSEND, I thought I was the only person that liked Thumbelina
LOL. Chucky is amazing though!
I was actually trying to find out what Charles Voodoo chant translated to in English, and this is what I found:
To the almighty Damballa, give me the power I beg of you!
To the mercy of my soul.
To the point of my death.
Hear me out of from my condemned voice.

Damballa is some sort of Hatian God, (Hati, I believe, is where Voodoo originated from, but I could be wrong.) but I'm not sure of what. Anyway, just in case you didn't know, "Zombies" Actually came from Hati while practicing the Voodoo art of raising the dead.

Man, I know so much worthless crap 8D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I was actually trying to find out what Charles Voodoo chant translated to in English, and this is what I found:
To the mercy of my soul.

Damballa is some sort of Hatian God, (Hati, I believe, is where Voodoo originated from, but I could be wrong.) but I'm not sure of what. Anyway, just in case you didn't know, "Zombies" Actually came from Hati while practicing the Voodoo art of raising the dead.

Well...That part about Zombies isn't ENTIRELY accurate...See, Voodoo is a form of religion and based on that religous practice, there is lore about using Voodoo to raise the dead...However, what you're actually refering to is the Tetrodotoxin in Puffer Fish that can "Zombify" those you are poisoned with it. It will cause Paralysis, and even death. However, for those who survived the death (Usually happening within 24 hours) they will begin to recover. Their motor skills and mental capabilities are vastly diminished at this point, and they can just shamble around and attempt to make vocal noises, which is where we have inspiration for our modern day zombie as we know it (They could still follow basic order though, so they were the perfect slaves for a small period of time. Usually a few days). However, Zombies existed in lore FAR earlier than this pre dating ancient Greece. However, they weren't given the NAME of zombie itself until the time you speak of, when the Hatian word for Zombie was a very similar word. Can't remember it off the top of my head. In fact, this is all coming from memory, so there may be a FEW things that are off, but for the most part this is accurate. Also, they weren't actually even given the name "Zombie' until the 1930's.

AgentZero

Okay then. I didn't know all that. I
Well...That part about Zombies isn't ENTIRELY accurate...See, Voodoo is a form of religion and based on that religous practice, there is lore about using Voodoo to raise the dead...However, what you're actually refering to is the Tetrodotoxin in Puffer Fish that can "Zombify" those you are poisoned with it. It will cause Paralysis, and even death. However, for those who survived the death (Usually happening within 24 hours) they will begin to recover. Their motor skills and mental capabilities are vastly diminished at this point, and they can just shamble around and attempt to make vocal noises, which is where we have inspiration for our modern day zombie as we know it (They could still follow basic order though, so they were the perfect slaves for a small period of time. Usually a few days). However, Zombies existed in lore FAR earlier than this pre dating ancient Greece. However, they weren't given the NAME of zombie itself until the time you speak of, when the Hatian word for Zombie was a very similar word. Can't remember it off the top of my head. In fact, this is all coming from memory, so there may be a FEW things that are off, but for the most part this is accurate. Also, they weren't actually even given the name "Zombie' until the 1930's.
I knew that the term zombie didn't come out until the thirties, but I didn't know that they dated back that far.
I wasn't referring to a puffer fish though. I forgot exactly what I was watching, but it was some kind of documentary. It was talking about this man that came to Hati one day. When people asked who he was, he told him his name. (I forget the name.) The name he told was the name of a man that died some years back. After word got around, somebody sat him down and asked various questions that only the real person would know. He got them all correct.
I searched around and I can't find the documentary I watched. It might of been called "The Truth Behind Zombies" . . . Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I think that's the only zombie documentary I've ever watched.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Okay then. I didn't know all that. I

I knew that the term zombie didn't come out until the thirties, but I didn't know that they dated back that far.
I wasn't referring to a puffer fish though. I forgot exactly what I was watching, but it was some kind of documentary. It was talking about this man that came to Hati one day. When people asked who he was, he told him his name. (I forget the name.) The name he told was the name of a man that died some years back. After word got around, somebody sat him down and asked various questions that only the real person would know. He got them all correct.
I searched around and I can't find the documentary I watched. It might of been called "The Truth Behind Zombies" . . . Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I think that's the only zombie documentary I've ever watched.
I've watched plenty, and read plenty of books. I'm not saying that story's not true, but that's not exactly where they legend came from.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Movies
9. Ip man 1&2

Dropping the Ip man; nice. Love those movies

MOVIES:
  1. Revolver
  2. Fight Club
  3. Shawshank Redemption
  4. Cloud Atlas
  5. The Matrix
  6. Dumb and Dumber
  7. Clerks
  8. Django Unchained
  9. Se7en
  10. American Beauty
TV:
  1. Alias
  2. Fringe
  3. Walking Dead
  4. ER
  5. Friends
  6. Sherlock (UK)
  7. Modern Family
  8. Heroes
  9. Are You Afraid Of The Dark
  10. Whose Line Is It Anyway
CARTOONS:
  1. American Dad
  2. Family Guy
  3. Dragon Ball Z
  4. Ren & Stimpy
  5. Rocko's Modern Life
  6. The Animaniacs
  7. Adventure Time
  8. The Amazing World Of Gumball
  9. South Park (old)
  10. AHHHHH! Real Monsters

A lot of good times there lol

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Dropping the Ip man; nice. Love those movies

MOVIES:
  1. Revolver
  2. Fight Club
  3. Shawshank Redemption
  4. Cloud Atlas
  5. The Matrix
  6. Dumb and Dumber
  7. Clerks
  8. Django Unchained
  9. Se7en
  10. American Beauty
TV:
  1. Alias
  2. Fringe
  3. Walking Dead
  4. ER
  5. Friends
  6. Sherlock (UK)
  7. Modern Family
  8. Heroes
  9. Are You Afraid Of The Dark
  10. Whose Line Is It Anyway
CARTOONS:
  1. American Dad
  2. Family Guy
  3. Dragon Ball Z
  4. Ren & Stimpy
  5. Rocko's Modern Life
  6. The Animaniacs
  7. Adventure Time
  8. The Amazing World Of Gumball
  9. South Park (old)
  10. AHHHHH! Real Monsters

A lot of good times there lol
You're just a walking, talking, 90's billboard XD Did you hear they are making a sequel to Fight Club?

rondachewarrior

To the mercy of my soul.

Chucky was spawned by the devil himself just to **** with me xD. And I did know that about Haiti Agent Zero and I also know that you can appear to be dead for awhile and come back to life via the puffer fish.

AgentZero

Chucky was spawned by the devil himself just to **** with me xD. And I did know that about Haiti Agent Zero and I also know that you can appear to be dead for awhile and come back to life via the puffer fish.
Well hey, maybe for some odd reason, you'll need that information one day :)

Meg

So bin ich eben
TV Shows:
1. Castle
2. House of Cards
3. Parks and Recreation
4. 30 Rock
5. Scandal
6. South Park
7. Drop Dead Diva
8. Doctor Who
9. Torchwood
10. The Colbert Report

I think?

Movies:
1. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
2. Life is Beautiful
3. SWV: Empire Strikes Back
4. SWVI: Return of the Jedi
5. Inception
6. Pan's Labyrinth
7. V for Vendetta
8. Independence Day
9. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
10. Christmas with the Kranks

Maybe?

rondachewarrior

TV Shows:
1. Castle
2. House of Cards
3. Parks and Recreation
4. 30 Rock
5. Scandal
6. South Park
7. Drop Dead Diva
8. Doctor Who
9. Torchwood
10. The Colbert Report

I think?

Movies:
2. Life is Beautiful
5. Inception
6. Pan's Labyrinth
7. V for Vendetta
8. Independence Day

Maybe?

Jesus, Pan's Labyrinth scared the crap outta me
I just remember this guy bashed a guy's head in with a broken bottle

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
TV Shows:
1. Castle
2. House of Cards
3. Parks and Recreation
4. 30 Rock
5. Scandal
6. South Park
7. Drop Dead Diva
8. Doctor Who
9. Torchwood
10. The Colbert Report

I think?

Movies:
2. Life is Beautiful
5. Inception
6. Pan's Labyrinth
7. V for Vendetta
8. Independence Day

Maybe?
Oh come on. Where are the prequels at XD

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Well, my taste in movies never seems to be set in stone, so here is a DIFFERENT variation of my Top 10 Favourite Movies.

1. Highlander: The Director's Cut
  2. Blade Runner: The Final Cut
  3. The Thing
  4. Akira
  5. The Shining
  6. Dune
  7. Die Hard
  8. MASH: Restored, Uncut
  9. Batman
  10. Alien

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
Movies
  1. Brother (Aleksei Balabanov)
  2. La Haine
  3. Nosferatu (1979)
  4. The Seventh Seal
  5. Mephisto
  6. The Decalogue
  7. Eyes Wide Shut
  8. The Thing
  9. Ghost in the Shell
  10. The Face of Another
Television
  1. Ghost in the Shell (2nd Gig > Stand Alone Complex > ARISE)
  2. Chappelle's Show
  3. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
ehhh it's kinda hard to list more than that for TV, i could throw around some series like the wire or yuru yuri but i don't think i'd be able to fairly put them in a proper order, since i rarely find the time or determination to rewatch an entire TV series, and i don't think any kind of entertainment media can be totally digested on a first take. these three are the only ones that come to mind i have watched completely many times and will continue to do so.

and that movie list was pretty hard, again i tried to only include things i have watched several times and feel i have as close to a complete grasp of the creators' vision as a viewer can have. the top 5 is pretty solid but i'm sure if you ask me later tonight something in the bottom 5 would surely change.

rondachewarrior

Is that good or bad? For all I know it could be either. :lol:

Sorry for the long reply but I feel like you may as well skip it...80% of the book is irrelevant or has no point.

Well, my taste in movies never seems to be set in stone, so here is a DIFFERENT variation of my Top 10 Favourite Movies.

1. Highlander: The Director's Cut
  2. Blade Runner: The Final Cut
  3. The Thing
  4. Akira
  5. The Shining
  6. Dune
  7. Die Hard
  8. MASH: Restored, Uncut
  9. Batman
  10. Alien

That list was just extremely creepy cos you remind me of someone I used to know ...lol, next you'll be saying you like spiderman and you're born on Aug 29th, 1988 xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom