• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 This is so great

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Of course there's a lot more to consider than we know (other than that she hasn't even been asked if what she said on Twitter is to be believed), I'm just saying that your reason for dismissing her right away as if you knew for sure she couldn't pull it off, doesn't convince me. But that's fine, since I'm not the one who needs to be convinced and in the end we can't change anything about it anyway. I just think it's a pity that we won't hear her beautiful voice again, and so far I haven't grown fond of the new one.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Perhaps it was a simple matter of money. Maybe Capcom didn't want to pay a lot of money for Court, so they just went with a cheaper actress.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm sure whether or not Alyson Court can change her voice to sound older and more mature is not an issue. She didn't sound like Claire Redfield when she hosted The Big Comfy Couch, did she? No. She's a gifted actress and I won't insult her by just assuming she wasn't chosen because she doesn't have the range or talent to play a thirty-something Claire Redfield.

And according to the woman herself, she wasn't even aware of new Claire-involved Resident Evil media until fans asked her was she voicing the character in Revelations 2 so that blows the: "she didn't want to do it/had other obligations" theory out of the water. She seems to be quite fond of voicing the character and, much like Julia Voth, appears to be up for anything Capcom can throw at her...only Capcom decided not to throw this at her. (Just like they decided to not use Voth as Jill's model in ORC and Revelations.)

In the end Capcom probably has their own reasons for changing Claire's VA and, until they come right out and say why they decided not to go with Ms. Court this time around, all the reasoning in the world is just speculation.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm sure whether or not Alyson Court can change her voice to sound older and more mature is not an issue. She didn't sound like Claire Redfield when she hosted The Big Comfy Couch, did she? No. She's a gifted actress and I won't insult her by just assuming she wasn't chosen because she doesn't have the range or talent to play a thirty-something Claire Redfield.

And according to the woman herself, she wasn't even aware of new Claire-involved Resident Evil media until fans asked her was she voicing the character in Revelations 2 so that blows the: "she didn't want to do it/had other obligations" theory out of the water. She seems to be quite fond of voicing the character and, much like Julia Voth, appears to be up for anything Capcom can throw at her...only Capcom decided not to throw this at her. (Just like they decided to not use Voth as Jill's model in ORC and Revelations.)

In the end Capcom probably has their own reasons for changing Claire's VA and, until they come right out and say why they decided not to go with Ms. Court this time around, all the reasoning in the world is just speculation.
It is all just speculation...So I'm free to speculate that they just wanted someone who sounded older...Why is this such a crime to all of you? There are more important things going on in the RE world than a voice actor coming back, talented as she may be. I'd rather every single character get a new voice actor, and they go back to Horror oriented gameplay than keeping with the classic voice actors and them making it generic CoD style gaming...I'm not insulting her in any way shape or form. I'm not saying she CAN'T do it for 100% certainty. I'm just speculating, like we are supposed to do on this forum...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Why is this such a crime to all of you?

It's not a crime, just an unwelcome change that might not even have been necessary. Videogames are constantly evolving, graphics are inevitably changing, and so are face models. I don't know what the deal with Julia Voth was, I just remember seeing Jill's new look in Revelations and thinking: "What the HELL did they do to her face?" Keeping the same voice actor at least is one way to remind us that it's still the same character.

I'd rather every single character get a new voice actor.

Fine by me as long as they stick with those new ones then instead of changing them again for every other game, but on the other hand there's no need to fix something that isn't broken. Chris's voice, for example. It has been the same for the last three games, we all know it, and it's fitting for the character.

Perhaps it was a simple matter of money. Maybe Capcom didn't want to pay a lot of money for Court, so they just went with a cheaper actress.

Considering how much Alyson Court loves Claire and Resident Evil, I'm sure she would have been open to negotiations, if money was indeed the problem.

Tron8

Fighting just to survive, but you taught me i can.
I hate Moira -_-

Really? I think she adds a really interesting dynamic to the game. The fact that you can blind people with the flashlight and be purely an assist character is dope. It helps you conserve ammo even though there's an abundance.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
If you did your reading lessons, you'd know that I was talking about Capcom making Barry's daughter a main character instead of Barry himself (back when we didn't know for sure that he would return too), not complaining about him no longer being the same age as in 1998. I know how old he is, but my post had nothing to do with that.

ArabPikachu

If you did your reading lessons, you'd know that I was talking about Capcom making Barry's daughter a main character instead of Barry himself (back when we didn't know for sure that he would return too), not complaining about him no longer being the same age as in 1998. I know how old he is, but my post had nothing to do with that.

Whoops, sorry for misreading that.

I don't think a +50 Barry Burton is to be expected for being a main character.

Top Bottom