• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 This is so great

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
In Resident Evil Revelations 2 we get to play as Moira whenever we want....You just switch to her! It's an awesome feature. I like it better that way, We can play as Claire or Moira...tho Moira is only supportive character without gun, but still it's awesome! Can't wait to play it.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Just like resident evil Zero
I wonder if she will be able to get hurt when your not controlling her since she's almost defenceless.

Also the games campaign will not be online CO OP
Only locally.
I guess like revelations 1 the co op will be only for raid mode which I don't mind since it worked really well

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Actually, 4 x 2 hours = 8 hours, not only 6, but that would be quite long for a Resident Evil game if it's true, so I have no problem here. What I find amusing is how he says they have a pretty good understanding of what their fans want. Do you really, Capcom? Well, let's see...

- You're bringing Claire back, but not with Alyson Court as her voice actress.
- You're bringing Burton back, but in the form of his offspring, not the original, the same thing you did in RE6 with Wesker/Jake.
- You're calling the game Revelations 2, but it will have nothing to do with Revelations 1, which means it won't tie up any loose ends.
- You're proudly giving fans the choice between digital download and a disc version, but the disc version is said to include more content, so someone who wants to own the whole game doesn't really have a choice.

Personally, I don't mind any of this except Alyson Court not returning to voice Claire, but that alone won't ruin the game for me. I just find it funny that they claim to know what their fans want when everything they do to please them also comes with a disappointment, or an inconvenience at least.

DarkJackal

It's boggling my mind this is coop but not online.
Actually, 4 x 2 hours = 8 hours, not only 6, but that would be quite long for a Resident Evil game if it's true, so I have no problem here. What I find amusing is how he says they have a pretty good understanding of what their fans want. Do you really, Capcom? Well, let's see...

- You're bringing Burton back, but in the form of his offspring, not the original, the same thing you did in RE6 with Wesker/Jake.
- You're calling the game Revelations 2, but it will have nothing to do with Revelations 1, which means it won't tie up any loose ends.
- You're proudly giving fans the choice between digital download and a disc version, but the disc version is said to include more content, so someone who wants to own the whole game doesn't really have a choice.

Personally, I don't mind any of this except Alyson Court not returning to voice Claire, but that alone won't ruin the game for me. I just find it funny that they claim to know what their fans want when everything they do to please them also comes with a disappointment, or an inconvenience at least.
I'm certainly a RE fan, have been for years. RE hasn't given me what I wanted since REmake. Not to say there hasn't been some things in some RE games but still.

There's also coop, but not online. Because reasons.

I thought the same thing about wondering why its called Revelations 2. I mean RE1 to 2 were connected even if not by the characters, but if Revelations isn't connected in anyway thats just stupid. Like why do they take their franchise and just go all over the place with new stories.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
There's also coop, but not online. Because reasons.

Oh dear, yes! How could I forget about that? There's people who like coop and there's others who don't (or at least not in RE), so Capcom was probably thinking: "Since we're so great at giving our fans what they want, let's find a compromise to make everyone happy - include coop, but make it only semi-functional!!! :eager:" ... Yeah...

Just for the record, I'm not bashing the game. I like what I've seen of Revelations 2 so far. But I still find Capcom's decisions... questionable, to say the least.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I thought the same thing about wondering why its called Revelations 2. I mean RE1 to 2 were connected even if not by the characters, but if Revelations isn't connected in anyway thats just stupid. Like why do they take their franchise and just go all over the place with new stories.

I reckon it's because Revelations was a success and they want the association with a successful title so that people see Revelations 2 and buy it because they enjoyed the first Revelations. Which is pretty misleading, really.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
... Aaand there's a new disappointment on its way.

"The game will feature Rape Mode and it comes with the very first episode already, but you won't be able to enjoy all of it unless you buy the game on the correct platform."

In this case, the PlayStation. So much for Capcom having learned their lesson when it comes to platform-exclusive content...

Source

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
... Aaand there's a new disappointment on its way.

"The game will feature Rape Mode and it comes with the very first episode already, but you won't be able to enjoy all of it unless you buy the game on the correct platform."

In this case, the PlayStation. So much for Capcom having learned their lesson when it comes to platform-exclusive content...

Source
Its because Playstation is the best- the worse part though is you have to preorder it in full before tuesday to get it and pay for all the episodes up front

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Its because Playstation is the best- the worse part though is you have to preorder it in full before tuesday to get it and pay for all the episodes up front
The way I understood that was that the pre-order bonus starts Tuesday, not that you have to do it before.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Yea, and orange is the best color.
- greens good too. But orange is fashionable in the fall with Halloween around the corner and the leaves falling whatever outfit you put together will look fabulous no matter what xoxo

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

Every time I think of Claire, I think of her voice. I hope this new one doesn't differ too much from her original

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Why use Alyson Court again? Claire isn't a hot 19 year old anymore. She shouldn't have a hot 19 year old voice. She's in her early 30's now, and, as such, should have a voice that's different. Besides, Leon has a different voice actor in RE4 (Paul Mercier) than in RE6 (Matthew Mercer), and that turned out a ok. I'd rather have a different voice actor, and have her sound like she's aged, than play as a 30+ year old with the voice of somebody who isn't even old enough to drink alcohol yet...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You do realise that Alyson Court is actually older than Claire, right? Also, she's a professional voice actress, so it would be a shame if she wasn't able to modify her voice to sound like someone older and more mature.

And what distinguishes Claire from Leon is that he's had so many voice actors by now that no one cares anymore (and just as many different personalities too). It's one thing to change a character's voice for every single game they appear in, it's something else if there's always been one and the same voice actor since day one, and they suddenly get replaced for no apparent reason.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You do realise that Alyson Court is actually older than Claire, right? Also, she's a professional voice actress, so it would be a shame if she wasn't able to modify her voice to sound like someone older and more mature.

And what distinguishes Claire from Leon is that he's had so many voice actors by now that no one cares anymore (and just as many different personalities too). It's one thing to change a character's voice for every single game they appear in, it's something else if there's always been one and the same voice actor since day one.
"Voice acting isn't about changing your voice, it's about conveying emotions through a character that's not you." A quote that was directly said to me by Voice acting god himself, Vic Mignogna. You can act without changing your voice. If Alyson's NATURAL voice sounds like that of a 19 year old all the time, (Which is the case for some people. They just naturally sound much younger than they are.), then it would make no sense to have her playing a 30+ year old, despite how good she is at conveying the emotion. It's not a shame if she can't modify her voice, because that's not where the true acting comes from. This is also speaking as someone who competed in MANY Dramatic and Humorous interpretation contests, as well as duet acting (No props or contests, so your voice and body language is all you can act with) competitions throughout his high school life. Not that that's much of an accomplishment compared to someone who does it for a living, but the point is still the same.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, I'm sure that friend of yours is a wise man, but acting is all about becoming a different person. That's why it's called "acting". They squeeze you into costumes, put makeup on your face, have you behave in ways you would never behave otherwise, say words that aren't yours... Why should changing your voice, if necessary, not be part of the deal? Others have done it before: Chris Emerson sounds nothing like Piers Nivans when you hear him talk in his (much deeper) natural voice, and if I hadn't been told that Jake Muller and whatever that guy from The Last Of Us is called are voiced by the same person, I might never have guessed. (Now that I know it, though, I can hear it.)

Also, if a real person can sound like a teenager no matter how old they get, why shouldn't the same be true for a fictional character? (Although to me, Claire never sounded like a teenager in the first place.) Then again, I don't think Capcom took any of this into account when they chose a new voice for Claire. They just did.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, I'm sure that friend of yours is a wise man, but acting is all about becoming a different person. That's why it's called "acting". They squeeze you into costumes, put makeup on your face, have you behave in ways you would never behave otherwise, say words that aren't yours... Why should changing your voice, if necessary, not be part of the deal? Others have done it before: Chris Emerson sounds nothing like Piers Nivans when you hear him talk in his (much deeper) natural voice, and if I hadn't been told that Jake Muller and whatever that guy from The Last Of Us is called are voiced by the same person, I might never have guessed. (Now that I know it, though, I can hear it.)

Also, if a real person can sound like a teenager no matter how old they get, why shouldn't the same be true for a fictional character? (Although to me, Claire never sounded like a teenager in the first place.) Then again, I don't think Capcom took any of this into account when they chose a new voice for Claire. They just did.
I'm not saying you should NEVER change your voice for a part, but what if Alyson Court CAN'T. And Resident Evil characters age in Real time. It's nice to be able to notice the change in more ways than just a visual change. And I'd say that "friend" (I put friend in quotation marks because I've only met him twice) of mine is a smart man, considering his acting resume...(Edward Elric...Tamaki)...Besides, we don't even know all the details. Maybe Alyson had prior acting obligations. Maybe she didn't want to come back for various unknown reasons. All I'm saying is there is a LOT more to consider here rather than just thinking it was a bad move on Capcom's part for not bringing her back...

Top Bottom