• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The World Cup

Ganado

Floundering in the savage doorway
Ah okay, so was he generally as good for Porto as he has been in the WC? Chances are Chelsea would get first dibs anyway, but he'd suit a red shirt ;)

Porto player, Defour, just sent off for Belgium. Oops.

That is quite a list of names who've played in your league, the stars of various seasons past, largely foreign too. Same here. But all that said, I still remember watching aghast as a very young Ronaldo made his debut (as a sub) in style against Bolton a few years back. I'll never hold the bloke in anything other than the highest regard, as a footballer. It was one of the highlights of this red fans supporting life to watch him play the game in a United shirt.

Popo

Monaco is one of the new rich clubs out there, and they paid 45 million € for James to Porto, so I doubt that he is going anywhere.

Ganado

Monaco is one of the new rich clubs out there, and they paid 45 million € for James to Porto, so I doubt that he is going anywhere.

Ah, that's put the mockers on that thought then. Although, Monaco were **** last season weren't they, hence Cavani's wish to leave as soon as possible.

Anyway, 2 cracking matches (hopefully) today, I couldn't possibly call the Brazil - Chile game, but I do think Colombia will easily beat Uruguay, especially now they've lost their bitey striker.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Damn! Colombia - Brazil was intense and exciting, at least the part I watched which was the second half. I'm a bit sad for Colombia, I hoped they would win. I think Colombia was as good as, if not better than Brazil in the 2nd half.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Well, some people said that FIFA's "Dream Final" match is Brazil vs Argentina, and, after I saw some of Brazil skills and, *cough* referee help in other matches, I think it might be some true in this. Also, don't you think, people, that Argentina had a little "too easy" way to final? Easy group round (but even there, they didn't play very well, I expected results like 5-0 with Iran, at least, it was a "great Argentina!"), easy 1/8 round, now also easy match with Belgium?...

Anyway, on this World Cup, there is no team which one I can say is playing excellent (maybe Costa Rica is a little surprise), and everything can happen.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Netherlands and Costa Rica have just started the second half, 0-0 so far. I like Costa Rica a lot better than the orange gang. It's not that I have anything against Netherlands this year, because they have refrained from mixing football with martial arts... Arjen Robben is a complete douche though. He has great football skills but I think he should retire from football and pursue a career as actor.

The winner of this match will meet Argentina next? I wonder which one of them will have the best chance of beating Argentina. I won't complain if Argentina wins, though.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So this is it. Semifinals: Brazil against Germany (Tuesday), the Netherlands against Argentina (Wednesday).

I will pick my favourite once I've gotten over the depressing fact that Colombia didn't make it. Sweet James, when will I see you again?

Popo

Did anyone see that giant bug that landed on James after he scored?? Jesus that looked like a T-Virus mutation xD

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Haha yes I've seen it in a slow motion capture afterwards. It's almost impossible to see so the one who discovered it must have had a very close look at the footage. Maybe it was Hel, it sounds like she fancy James alot. :p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
No, that wasn't me. What are you thinking? If I used my shape-shifting ability to get closer to my James, I would transform into his wife, not some random insect!

I also only saw it on photos that were released afterwards. I don't understand how I could miss that giant, obviously mutated moth that looks like it escaped RE2, unless this is just a photoshopped image.

jamesrodriguezmitinsev1kt6.jpg

But hey, if an insect made it into the quarter-finals and Italy didn't... Well, that speaks for itself, doesn't it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
No, that wasn't me. What are you thinking? If I used my shape-shifting ability to get closer to my James, I would transform into his wife, not some random insect!
Lmao you're so funny.
I meant that it could have been you who first discovered the insect, not that the insect was you. But now when I think about it, it makes sense that the insect could have been you. Maybe you were desperate and didn't remember that the proper insect is a frog? :p
We've all heard of the frog who became a prince/princess when kissed... I'm sorry James didn't kiss the insect but maybe I shouldn't be, because if you had spawned on the field you would have been arrested.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Now that sounds like a plan! A few years ago I saw a cop on the train who was so hot that I desperately racked my brain over something I could do to get him to arrest me, but he got off before I came up with something. If randomly spawning in public areas is indeed so unsettling, I might consider it for the future. Although you probably meant that I would be arrested for spawning on the field, not for spawning in general...

Then again, I might as well turn into a football player, that wouldn't be so conspicuous if no one minds a doppelgänger running around, but hey, Brazil needs a new Neymar anyway if they wish to defeat Germany. Or anyone at all, really... Most of those teams rely way too much on their star players and ignore all the others. Colombia wouldn't have made it this far without James either. The insect was probably just trolling to remind us of that fact.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'm a little bit disappointed. I was hoping for 0-8 lol. But I can live with 1-7.

Ganado

Bloody hell, hands up who didn't see that coming? <sticks hand up> I can't say I feel sorry for Brazil, they kicked their way to the semis by assaulting Rodriguez so it was sweet to see them being taught a very strict lesson in football tonight. And all being well Germany have just peaked too soon, allowing the Dutch to run them daft on Sunday.

The BBC footage showed a 'replay' during the game of the B.O.W. congratulating Rodriguez on his well-taken penalty, easily the coolest thing to happen thus far at this World Cup :)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Brazil, you had it coming! So my curse worked after all... I really shouldn't be surprised.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
So Argentina and The Netherwor.... I mean The Netherlands are next. Who are we rooting for?

If Robben don't play I won't be very bothered if Netherlands win. But I think I prefer Argentina anyway.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Romero saved two penalties, and the day! Romero is the hero!

I just love how it sounds. :p

Reactions: Hel
Top Bottom