• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 The villain of Revelations 2

Fenris

Wolf :)
I think it will turn out to be Barrys wife. Probably some backstory that Moiras Sister got killed by accident and then the mother becomes insane (probably some gun accident, also explaining why Moira is afraid of guns). In RE3 there are multiple character dialogues to unlock each time you finish, and that's propably what Capcom meant with "only hardcore fans will know her" since we only know her from Barrys dialouge.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think Capcom even said at some point that there would be several characters from past games anyway, just not Chris and Jill (which reminds me that Jill can't be the villain... I totally forgot about that).

I don't think he ever said Chris and Jill couldn't be in the game, just that they weren't going to be the protagonists. Though, the idea of Jill or Rebecca being villains just sounds really terrible but the possibilities are endless. I still have no clue as to who it could be as the quote goes as follows.

"You won't recognize this character just by the voice, but this is a known character that's very important to the RE universe, But you've got to be a core fan to know her. Really hardcore."

Okay, so we know the character is a known one and not only very "important" to the Resident Evil universe (which could make it pretty much any one of the big names or an influential figure to the lore) but also one that can be recognized, just not by her voice. Then he goes on to say that only core fans will know this character, which points to someone from the classic games since Capcom usually refers to that portion of the fanbase as "core fans." But then there's that "really hardcore" comment which just makes it sound like it could be a more obscure character to even the core audience.

Hmm, I think I've really narrowed it down here. So take your pick because it's definitely either: Alice, Elza Walker, Lisa Trevor, or Lady Hunk. :p

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
My first thought was that the mystery villain was Annette, and I'll tell you why; Not only does her story already tie into Claire's, but her canon death is almost exactly the same thing that happened to Wesker in RE1, and he turned out just fine. I know, I know; "But Wesker was special and had all kinds of experimentation done and etc." and that's true! However, that was all stuff we learned well after the fact. It wouldn't be an incredible stretch for Capcom to do it again with Annette.

Of course, as with every other post in this thread, this is just wild speculation, but it feels to me like one of the more likely scenarios, so I'm going to keep it in mind until we have more information to dissect.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think it will be Alex Wesker.
Alex has been referred to by different pronouns in Japanese, making their gender ambiguous. We know they used Spencer's funds to do their own research on an isolated island. Revelations 2 will take place on an isolated island....
We can't possibly know what kind of research Alex was carrying. They reported to Spencer they were working on a immortality formula, but Spencer was a finished old man, and would be easily fooled.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
We could just list all the female cast members from all games then pick one :p

Re0:
Rebecca

Re1:
Jill
Lisa Trevor (deceased)
Polly (mentioned)
Moira (mentioned)
Barrys wife (mentioned)
Ada (mentioned)
Rebecca

Re2:
Ada
Claire
Annette birkin (deceased)
Sherry

Re3:
Jill

Re4:
Ashley
Ada
Hunnigan

ReCV:
Claire
Alexia (deceased)
Steve's mum (referenced / deceased)

Re5:
Sheva
Jill
Excella (deceased)
Alex wesker (gender unconfirmed / mentioned in LIN DLC)

Re:DSC:
Manuela

Re:revelations
Jill
Jessica

Re6:
Sherry
Helena
Carla (deceased)
Ada
Deborah (deceased)
Hunnigan

From the canon films:
Claire (degeneration)
Rani (degeneration)
"Aunt" (degeneration)
Angela (degeneration)
President woman (damnation)
Hunnigan (damnation)

From the uncanon live action films:
Alice (rumoured to be in a game)
K-Mart (status?)

I would assume it's none of the previous protagonists, nor Ada / Carla since this takes place before re6, although Carla could be mentioned.

Rebecca/Manuela/Ashley have not been seen since their last games nor mentioned.
Rebecca is the only one who knows of Billy's current existence although I don't see how that could be related in anyway to this game.
Manuela has the Veronica virus in her but hasn't been seen since.
Ashley's fathers presidency was removed sometime before re6

There's some background story with Morias apparent fear of guns (considering her fathers obsession on all things bang bang)
So there could be something there with her family.

"Aunt" works for the same company as Claire so could be part of the story somehow.
Rani would be in her late teens by this point I thibk so I doubt she would be there.

There's got to be a reason for it being called revelations 2 so the return of Jessica is an option.

Alex Wesker: why not I guess.
Jake came out of nowhere in re6

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Impressive list! In a couple of months (if not sooner) we'll know anyway, but speculating is just so much fun!

There's got to be a reason for it being called revelations 2 so the return of Jessica is an option.

That would be anyone's first guess if it hadn't been stated that the story of Revelations 2 sadly won't be related to that of its predecessor, which probably means we won't see any of its characters (including Rachael, who you forgot to list) either. I hear the reason it's called Revelations 2 has something to do with "Revelations" becoming a spin-off series that attempts to go to back to the roots of Resident Evil while the mother series will continue focusing on action rather than survival horror, but that's it.

Something else: They said we won't be able to recognise the character based on the voice alone, but Claire certainly would if it was someone she knows, right? I mean, while the characters get new voice actors every once in a while, they don't change voices in-universe, and so, since Claire obviously doesn't know who's talking to her there, it can be assumed that it's a character she hasn't met yet... which doesn't really narrow it down, considering that the only females she knows are Sherry, Annette, Alexia, Angela, Rani, her aunt and possibly the rest of Moira's family, but still... It might be a hint.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Impressive list! In a couple of months (if not sooner) we'll know anyway, but speculating is just so much fun!

That would be anyone's first guess if it hadn't been stated that the story of Revelations 2 sadly won't be related to that of its predecessor, which probably means we won't see any of its characters (including Rachael, who you forgot to list) either. I hear the reason it's called Revelations 2 has something to do with "Revelations" becoming a spin-off series that attempts to go to back to the roots of Resident Evil while the mother series will continue focusing on action rather than survival horror, but that's it.

Something else: They said we won't be able to recognise the character based on the voice alone, but Claire certainly would if it was someone she knows, right? I mean, while the characters get new voice actors every once in a while, they don't change voices in-universe, and so, since Claire obviously doesn't know who's talking to her there, it can be assumed that it's a character she hasn't met yet... which doesn't really narrow it down, considering that the only females she knows are Sherry, Annette, Alexia, Angela, Rani, her aunt and possibly the rest of Moira's family, but still... It might be a hint.
Thanks
I knew I forgot some people and it's too late for me to edit it.

Alex wesker seems more and more of an option each time.
The wiki for Alex States that he/she was conducting research "ON A SOUTHERN ISLAND"
This game takes place where? An island.
It also matches the criteria you just mentioned about Claire never meeting this person.
This speculation thing Is fun ;D

Edit:
Oh just remembered the presidents name in damnation is Svetlana.
Probably nothing still though :p

Edit 2:
Just been reading the previous posts in this thread, Hel mentioned an interesting twist of Jill happened to have something to do with this.
Remember the very first trailer for revelations 1 where Jill and Chris were holding their guns up at each other and Chris said something like it's all his fault?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Manuela can't be an option though, because in the canon ending to Darkside Chronicles she dies...Evaporates into a gold dust in Leon's arms...I think we really need to focus on the part that says "Die hard fans" will recognize her. Die hard fans usually recognize even the most obscure references...To me, that could mean many things, such as:

Females from the canon CGI movies.
Females from the canon spin off games like Dead Aim and Survivor.
Female names mentioned in files/photographs. Ect.
Females with known relationships to characters, who have never actually been seen.

The fact that they say "Die Hard Fans" is probably our biggest clue...I consider myself a pretty die hard fan...And that's why I chose the two I listed in my earlier response...Manuela is a cool theory, but she's dead...So it just won't work. Rebecca and Alex are cool theories, but Alex is a boy. That's confirmed if you read the Japanese files, Alex referred to as a male on more than one occasion, and it's ambiguous in the LIN DLC simply because of translation errors...As for Rebecca...You don't have to be a "Die Hard" fan to know who she is...She's been in several games...RE0, RE1, REmake, Umbrella Chronicles, and even RE5 as DLC...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I think it will be Alex Wesker.
Alex has been referred to by different pronouns in Japanese, making their gender ambiguous. .

*sigh*

We just went over this earlier in the thread, it was the later ENGLISH version that left it ambiguous and as KennedyKiller pointed out it may have been due to error.

The original Japanese verson clearly referred to him as a he.

The pronoun used in the japanese version was "奴" which clearly indicates he is male.

Just don't get why people are still saying his gender is "unconfirmed" even after I explained things on the first page...

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Manuela can't be an option though, because in the canon ending to Darkside Chronicles she dies...
Manuela survives in the canon ending of DSC, it's only if the player takes too long to kill the final boss that she dies. In Krauser's secret scenario she survives too. But the thing is, Capcom said that we wouldn't recognise the character by their voice, and we've heard Manuela speak, so unless she altered the way she speaks, which I guess is maybe possible since she was taken care of by the US Government, I doubt it's her. It would be cool to see her again if they could come up with a good story, but I just don't think it would make sense for her to be the villain.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
As of now I am leaning more towards the President woman from the Damnation (forgot her name) since she is still alive and is pretty darn formidable.

Also given the timeframe this game is set in which should be around the events of Damnation (which is also set after RE5 but before RE6 like Revelations 2) It seems like this game could be set shortly before the events of Damnation and could feature her as the head of the prison Island.

It also falls in line with the "hardcore fan" recognizing her part since she only appeared in 1 CGI movie that was catered more towards the original fanbase unlike the Paul W Anderson film series which is aimed at a more mainstream audience, which is why I think Alice is pretty darn unlikely.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I would hate it if the villain was Manuela, not because I have anything against her personally, but because I don't know her. Not really, anyway. She's a character from a side game of dubious canonicity which many of us might not even have played because of its exclusivity, and by "dubious canonicity" I mean that the events and some of the characters of the main games are so distorted in the Chronicles that I'm not sure we can even trust their original stories, like that of Manuela.

I would feel much more comfortable with someone like the president from Damnation, because the CGI movies are canon and there for everyone. So whoever plays Revelations 2 before seeing Damnation can always go back and watch the movie to get a better idea of Svetlana Belikova, but PC and XBox players can't just go back and find out who Manuela is, at least not firsthand.

Unless that's what Capcom meant by "hardcore fans"; someone who bought all available consoles at all times to always be prepared to play all RE titles that ever came out. Someone who missed absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
When they say we won't regonise the voice
Is that because the voice actress changed or we just never heard this person speak before?

The president in damnation is "Svetlana"

And KK, I thought manuela only died in the other ending (non canon)
I never played it though so I can't say for certain...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
When they say we won't regonise the voice
Is that because the voice actress changed or we just never heard this person speak before?

The president in damnation is "Svetlana"

And KK, I thought manuela only died in the other ending (non canon)
I never played it though so I can't say for certain...
Apparently it is the Non Canon ending where shy dies...My bad...

I would hate it if the villain was Manuela, not because I have anything against her personally, but because I don't know her. Not really, anyway. She's a character from a side game of dubious canonicity which many of us might not even have played because of its exclusivity, and by "dubious canonicity" I mean that the events and some of the characters of the main games are so distorted in the Chronicles that I'm not sure we can even trust their original stories, like that of Manuela.

I would feel much more comfortable with someone like the president from Damnation, because the CGI movies are canon and there for everyone. So whoever plays Revelations 2 before seeing Damnation can always go back and watch the movie to get a better idea of Svetlana Belikova, but PC and XBox players can't just go back and find out who Manuela is, at least not firsthand.

Unless that's what Capcom meant by "hardcore fans"; someone who bought all available consoles at all times to always be prepared to play all RE titles that ever came out. Someone who missed absolutely nothing.
Exclusivity? Revelations is VERY canon but it was an exclusive for a while. And both Revelations AND the Chronicles games have been ported over. The games are clearly canon in their new stories. And even their old stories are not exactly "Non Canon" considering they are just memories, which can be distorted. In Umbrella Chronicles, it's all narrated by Wesker, so he's basically paraphrasing the incidents as he remembers them, or going off of what he knows about them, and the same with Leon in Darkside. They are just as cannon as main entries into the series...

Turo602

The King of Kings
When they say we won't regonise the voice Is that because the voice actress changed or we just never heard this person speak before?

Most likely because this person's voice has changed since we last saw her. I think that comment alone confirms that the character has made a physical appearance before, so that says something. It's just hard to pin down someone only hardcore fans will know, who has made an appearance before, and is also very important.

While I've said Jill is a terrible choice, she is very important to the RE universe and I'm also being reminded of that shady trailer for the original Revelations. I'm also curious as to why Jill wasn't involved with finding Chris in Edonia because apparently Sheva played a part. But what I feel writes her off is the fact that she's not exactly someone that only hardcore fans would know. She's one of, if not, the most popular character in the series. I still think it's a stupid idea, but you know, it doesn't hurt to play with it.

I think Alexia or Annette just sound like cooler ideas even though they don't exactly make much sense, but anyone else from the spinoff games or CGI films just sound uninteresting. If anything, Jessica is the best and most logic choice. I think it's stupid that her story started in 2005 and just stays in the dark for the rest of Chris' and Jill's careers. I don't know, the outcome is probably going to be stupid anyway. Someone who they know we wouldn't have thought of due to how ridiculous it is or misinformation.

bruno

Chief Researcher
*sigh*

We just went over this earlier in the thread, it was the later ENGLISH version that left it ambiguous and as KennedyKiller pointed out it may have been due to error.

The original Japanese verson clearly referred to him as a he.

The pronoun used in the japanese version was "奴" which clearly indicates he is male.

Just don't get why people are still saying his gender is "unconfirmed" even after I explained things on the first page...

"奴" is ambiguous and doesn't define gender (http://www.mrhowtosay.com/kanji/kanji?k=奴).

Alex has been declared a male in Archives II. However, the Archives books are often contradicted in posterior games, so we can't make a conclusion based on that.

In any case, even if Alex was a man by 2009, they may have changed sex. It wouldn't be the first case of trangenerism in the series - Alfred Ashford impersonated his sister Alexia by the time of the Rockfort Island assault, and Morpheus D. Duvall was in the process of sex change by the time of the Spencer Rain incident.

This is only a guess though, so there's no need for big discussions about this.... in the end, nobody will know for sure until it is revealed.

My other guesses would be Polly Burton, who is directly related to Moira and Barry, or Rebecca Chambers, since the developers said they wanted to please the fans, and she's one of the most requested characters -- I can imagine her being fascinated at Umbrella's research and become evil (she's a doctor after all, so she could have been making the experiences which originated the Afflicted).

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
"奴" is ambiguous and doesn't define gender (http://www.mrhowtosay.com/kanji/kanji?k=奴).

Alex has been declared a male in Archives II. However, the Archives books are often contradicted in posterior games, so we can't make a conclusion based on that.

In any case, even if Alex was a man by 2009, they may have changed sex. It wouldn't be the first case of trangenerism in the series - Alfred Ashford impersonated his sister Alexia by the time of the Rockfort Island assault, and Morpheus D. Duvall was in the process of sex change by the time of the Spencer Rain incident.

This is only a guess though, so there's no need for big discussions about this.... in the end, nobody will know for sure until it is revealed.

My other guesses would be Polly Burton, who is directly related to Moira and Barry, or Rebecca Chambers, since the developers said they wanted to please the fans, and she's one of the most requested characters -- I can imagine her being fascinated at Umbrella's research and become evil (she's a doctor after all, so she could have been making the experiences which originated the Afflicted).
Sorry Bruno...I speak Japanese...That translates 100% to "Guy" or "Man"...

ToCool74

Veteran Member

To reiterate what KennedyKiller said above, it 100% not ambiguous at all, I'm a big fan of japanese culture and I have a friend who is fluent in japanese and once I found out about alex wesker I asked whether or not he was confirmed to be a guy.

He read the original translation to me and said it very clearly refers to him as a guy.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Exclusivity? Revelations is VERY canon but it was an exclusive for a while. And both Revelations AND the Chronicles games have been ported over.

Revelations was only exclusive for a year or so and it didn't get a sequel until it was ported to all other current platforms. The Chronicles were only ported to PS3, not to XBox and PC.

The games are clearly canon in their new stories. And even their old stories are not exactly "Non Canon" considering they are just memories, which can be distorted. In Umbrella Chronicles, it's all narrated by Wesker, so he's basically paraphrasing the incidents as he remembers them, or going off of what he knows about them, and the same with Leon in Darkside. They are just as cannon as main entries into the series...

It doesn't change the fact that the Chronicles are not telling those old stories correctly, and that's why I don't trust them. That's why I don't trust the new stories either. I'd feel more comfortable with a villain from a story that can be 100% trusted. (Or at least close to 100%... We all know how Capcom love to retcon things.)

Top Bottom