• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 The villain of Revelations 2

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
So, I just had a fairly lengthy conversation about this subject with my brother (who is actually fluent in Japanese, both written and spoken), and we poured over all of the 'Spencer's Memoirs ' files in both English and their native Japanese. Our conclusion is that Alex's gender is still very much up in the air. And the "奴/kare wa" in question is not in reference to Alex, but rather part of a quote from Alex addressing a male character (in the case Spencer). It is entirely possible for Alex to be a male or a female, and they muddied it on purpose. Whether that purpose was to stoke conversations like this or Capcom just not yet knowing what they wanted to do with Alex is anybody's guess, but I have never been more certain that Alex's gender is still unknown.

So, for now, my vote goes for Alex being out mystery woman.

Spencer Key

The clues we have scream VERONICA Ashford.

1. Claire wakes up in an island prison (it probably means something to the plot)

2. The mysterious villain has an older female voice

3. The mysterious villain likes to quote poetry (just as Alexia sung poetry)

4. Barry might be returning to save his daughter (just as Chris came to save Claire)

5. Not many gamers will guess Veronica Ashford, and nobody has really thought about her

6. Lady Ashford has a motive to want to kidnap Claire and exact revenge for the destruction of Rockfort Island

7. The ‘evil’ in the game apparently correlates with torture and insanity of the prisoners (just as Alfred once liked to do)

8. Veronica is significant to the overall plot (T-Veronica virus)

I think I've got it figured out. There is no other theory out there that comes close. There might be shock and tragedy to come. I have this terrible feeling Moira is going to be another Steve. Accept this time, Claire might take the fall being the mother figure. You know, Chris destroys Alexia, so Veronica destroys Moira, or exchanges her life for Claire's. God forbid if Steve returns like his fans want him to. Perhaps even Chris will return AGAIN. Not as a playable character though, but maybe as a prisoner...Veronica's prisoner. Another family reunion! Another thought of mine is that Alex Wesker will be indeed a male (not a female like people are now assuming) and in partnership with Veronica Ashford...just think of the twist! I bet both are probably in their fifties like Barry! Whatever the plot turns out to be, I think it will tie up some loose ends anyway.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
The clues we have scream VERONICA Ashford.

1. Claire wakes up in an island prison (it probably means something to the plot)

2. The mysterious villain has an older female voice

3. The mysterious villain likes to quote poetry (just as Alexia sung poetry)

4. Barry might be returning to save his daughter (just as Chris came to save Claire)

5. Not many gamers will guess Veronica Ashford, and nobody has really thought about her

6. Lady Ashford has a motive to want to kidnap Claire and exact revenge for the destruction of Rockfort Island

7. The ‘evil’ in the game apparently correlates with torture and insanity of the prisoners (just as Alfred once liked to do)

8. Veronica is significant to the overall plot (T-Veronica virus)

I think I've got it figured out. There is no other theory out there that comes close. There might be shock and tragedy to come. I have this terrible feeling Moira is going to be another Steve. Accept this time, Claire might take the fall being the mother figure. You know, Chris destroys Alexia, so Veronica destroys Moira, or exchanges her life for Claire's. God forbid if Steve returns like his fans want him to. Perhaps even Chris will return AGAIN. Not as a playable character though, but maybe as a prisoner...Veronica's prisoner. Another family reunion! Another thought of mine is that Alex Wesker will be indeed a male (not a female like people are now assuming) and in partnership with Veronica Ashford...just think of the twist! I bet both are probably in their fifties like Barry! Whatever the plot turns out to be, I think it will tie up some loose ends anyway.
Veronica Ashford died like a couple hundred years ago.

Spencer Key

Did she? But what is the T-Veronica virus all about? Why does it involve the woman's name? James Marcus resurrected from the leeches, so absurdity is not beyond Resident Evil. Lets not start thinking CAPCOM have their sh*t together and are going logical on us for Revelations 2. Anyway, her skeleton may still exists and it carries her DNA. Now I think about what I just said, it sounds very Resident Evil.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Did she? But what is the T-Veronica virus all about? Why does it involve the woman's name? James Marcus resurrected from the leeches, so absurdity is not beyond Resident Evil. Lets not start thinking CAPCOM have their sh*t together and are going logical on us for Revelations 2. Anyway, her skeleton may still exists and it carries her DNA. Now I think about what I just said, it sounds very Resident Evil.
...No it doesn't...It doesn't sound very "Resident Evil" at all. The T-Veronica virus was named after her...But she wasn't infected with any virus at all. Hell, she had nothing to do with B.O.W.'s at all. Alfred and Alexia were birthed using her DNA (Modified clones essentially), so Capcom wouldn't REUSE something they've already done...It'd be a waste..As for the reason Marcus was resurrected, it makes sense...Well...in Resi World...Before he was officially dead the Regerative Infected leach crawled into his mouth...

Spencer Key

...No it doesn't...It doesn't sound very "Resident Evil" at all. The T-Veronica virus was named after her...But she wasn't infected with any virus at all. Hell, she had nothing to do with B.O.W.'s at all. Alfred and Alexia were birthed using her DNA (Modified clones essentially), so Capcom wouldn't REUSE something they've already done...It'd be a waste..As for the reason Marcus was resurrected, it makes sense...Well...in Resi World...Before he was officially dead the Regerative Infected leach crawled into his mouth...

But I think bringing back Alexia as a second-time boss would be "milking it". Nobody really wants that, do they? Besides the female voice is too mature and American (or Canadian) to be Alexia. Both in CVX and TDSC she sounded dead girly and English. The only reason why I think there is an Ashford connection is because of the clues I stated above. I don't think CAPCOM are recycling things for the sake of it, unless they've gotten desperate.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I love the Veronica theory! And I don't think it's far-fetched at all.

So they said, but what if she didn't die after all, just vanished into thin air to do some very special, very private research? What if Alex Wesker didn't discover the secret of immortality all alone, but had help from someone who was already immortal and hundreds of years old...?

Capcom wouldn't REUSE something they've already done...

They do that all the time, actually. See Chris's personal tragedies, Claire being kidnapped and/or randomly thrown into an outbreak, the cute girl / roguish boy partnership, bringing dead people back to life, and - you brought it up yourself - the cloning thing. (Sure, Carla was a different kind of clone than Alfred and Alexia, but still.) Also, RE2 had more or less the same plot as RE1, just on a larger scale, so yes, they do reuse old concepts a lot.

Spencer Key

So they said, but what if she didn't die after all, just vanished into thin air to do some very special, very private research? What if Alex Wesker didn't discover the secret of immortality all alone, but had help from someone who was already immortal and hundreds of years old...?

They do that all the time, actually. See Chris's personal tragedies, Claire being kidnapped and/or randomly thrown into an outbreak, the cute girl / roguish boy partnership, bringing dead people back to life, and - you brought it up yourself - the cloning thing. (Sure, Carla was a different kind of clone than Alfred and Alexia, but still.) Also, RE2 had more or less the same plot as RE1, just on a larger scale, so yes, they do reuse old concepts a lot.

Cool! We don’t know where Alex Wesker is, what exactly he’s been doing, and what connections he has. The character is left open to whatever CAPCOM makes of him (and I do think he is a man). I also don’t think Claire finds herself in a similar situation for the hell of it. Aspects of “prison torture” and “quoted poetry” are reminiscent of CVX…the only thing it brings to mind is the Ashford family. The biggest mystery is of course, Veronica herself. She has been extremely important in that her DNA was used to create Alexia and Alfred…and the T-Veronica virus was named after her and all. The Moira/Barry thing is probably a sub plot to involve family and people at stake.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It does fit the old "enhanced Veronica" poster rumour that came out the other year.

Although I had no idea there was actually a person named Veronica xD

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm with KK on this one. I don't see Veronica coming back.
Immortality doesn't sound very resi to me.
Unless we're talking about Wesker's plan XD
But I think bringing back Alexia as a second-time boss would be "milking it". Nobody really wants that, do they? Besides the female voice is too mature and American (or Canadian) to be Alexia. Both in CVX and TDSC she sounded dead girly and English. The only reason why I think there is an Ashford connection is because of the clues I stated above. I don't think CAPCOM are recycling things for the sake of it, unless they've gotten desperate.
...I never once said they'd bring Alexia back, or that the voice was Alexia. IDK where you got that from...

Fair enough. I guess I should have said, Capcom is smarter than BLATANTLY reusing an old concept that has next to NO relevance anymore when they have all these great new avenues to explore...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

...I never once said they'd bring Alexia back, or that the voice was Alexia. IDK where you got that from...

Fair enough. I guess I should have said, Capcom is smarter than BLATANTLY reusing an old concept that has next to NO relevance anymore when they have all these great new avenues to explore...
Yeah, but Wesker wasn't essentially after immortality, was he?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Yeah, but Wesker wasn't essentially after immortality, was he?

Neither Albert or Alex where after it as far as I can remember, but Alex was researching a way to achieve it at the request of Spencer and did find out the secret to immortality and then took it for himself and ran away.

We don't even know if he used it on himself but I would think it would be pretty likely that he did, even with him having the superhuman abilities the Prototype Virus most likely gave him it still would be even better being immortal on top of that.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
We never thought an ada clone would come into play either
Then re6 happened.
So at this point I would expect anything to happen no matter how far fetched it is.
I just really hope they put clones storyline or plot points to rest now.
I hate clone stuff

Spencer Key

CAPCOM has already “implied” on their website that Revelations 2 will be a sequel to Code Veronica. They pulled it the moment it was leaked. The similarities “clues” between the two games only reinforce the idea. Do you actually think Claire (for a second time) finds herself in a prison on an island just for the sake of it? Also, sadistic prison torture links us to one of Alfred’s favorite hobbies. Veronica Ashford (the ancestor) is important to the series and relatively unknown...and reviving her from the dead is not exactly the same as using her DNA to create twins. It is the best answer we have thus far…

Would it be terrible if this Alex Wesker turns out to be a long-lost Ashford family member who, as a kid, was taken by Spencer? After all, super intelligence IS an Ashford thing and the Ashford's DO relate with the Umbrella corporation.

Annette, Jill, and Jessica are poor choices as a "guess".

Reactions: Hel

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Would it be terrible if this Alex Wesker turns out to be a long-lost Ashford family member who, as a kid, was taken by Spencer? After all, super intelligence IS an Ashford thing and the Ashford's DO relate with the Umbrella corporation.

It would not be terrible, but it would be unlikely in my opinion given the timeframe that Project W had to have started.

The Ashford family had fallen to the bottom of the foodchain in the Umbrella corporation after the death of Edward Ashford at the hands of his own son Alexander.

Considering Albert's age he would be roughly around the same age as Alex when they where both kidnapped and put in Project W, around that time the Ashford family was a shadow of its former self with only Alexia being the one to stand out as explained in the files, all that being said I doubt that the Umbrella corporation would be stealing kids from the Ashford family at that time.

And even if they had it would have been Alexia that was taken for project W.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
CAPCOM has already “implied” on their website that Revelations 2 will be a sequel to Code Veronica. They pulled it the moment it was leaked. The similarities “clues” between the two games only reinforce the idea. Do you actually think Claire (for a second time) finds herself in a prison on an island just for the sake of it? Also, sadistic prison torture links us to one of Alfred’s favorite hobbies. Veronica Ashford (the ancestor) is important to the series and relatively unknown...and reviving her from the dead is not exactly the same as using her DNA to create twins. It is the best answer we have thus far…

Annette, Jill, and Jessica are poor choices as a "guess".
The Resident Evil website implies nothing...And Veronica Ashford is not important to the series...Hell...She didn't have a 15 minutes of fame. Her ANCESTOR did...She was literally nothing more than a quick story telling device...As far as Alfred's favorite hobbies, does it matter? He's dead...Hell, depending on what's considered Canon, in Darkside Chronicles Alexia kills him HERSELF.

Spencer Key

The Resident Evil website implies nothing...And Veronica Ashford is not important to the series...Hell...She didn't have a 15 minutes of fame. Her ANCESTOR did...She was literally nothing more than a quick story telling device...As far as Alfred's favorite hobbies, does it matter? He's dead...Hell, depending on what's considered Canon, in Darkside Chronicles Alexia kills him HERSELF.

The website DID imply a while back, but as I said they pulled it the moment it leaked. Why are you out to crush any speculation or ideas that anyone has? Its kind of anti-social.

Five things in Revelations 2 reek of Code Veronica

1. The prisoners wear flashing bracelets (the prisoners wore flashing collars in CVX)
2. There is quoted poetry (Alexia sung poetry)
3. There is prison torture (one of Alfred's favorites)
4. The prison is on another island (Rockfort was an island)
5. Claire is our main protagonist (who would want to exact revenge on her?)

Unless CAPCOM are vastly running out of ideas, these similarities mean something significant to the plot.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The website DID imply a while back, but as I said they pulled it the moment it leaked. Why are you out to crush any speculation or ideas that anyone has? Its kind of anti-social.

Five things in Revelations 2 reek of Code Veronica

1. The prisoners wear flashing bracelets (the prisoners wore flashing collars in CVX)
2. There is quoted poetry (Alexia sung poetry)
3. There is prison torture (one of Alfred's favorites)
4. The prison is on another island (Rockfort was an island)
5. Claire is our main protagonist (who would want to exact revenge on her?)

Unless CAPCOM are vastly running out of ideas, these similarities mean something significant to the plot.
Or, rather than speculate that this game is going to be a carbon copy of a game we've already had, we can speculate about the NEW avenues that Capcom can take with this, rather than rehashing something that's been done before. It's not being antisocial...I have more posts than anyone on this website, so I'm kind of the OPPOSITE of antisocial...I'm a social butterfly...

Spencer Key

Or, rather than speculate that this game is going to be a carbon copy of a game we've already had, we can speculate about the NEW avenues that Capcom can take with this, rather than rehashing something that's been done before. It's not being antisocial...I have more posts than anyone on this website, so I'm kind of the OPPOSITE of antisocial...I'm a social butterfly...

So why don't you tell us about the "NEW" avenues?? What do you have in mind? Nothing?

Top Bottom