• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 The villain of Revelations 2

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So why don't you tell us about the "NEW" avenues?? What do you have in mind? Nothing?
How about you bother to READ my posts before you jump to conclusions. I have already explained the "New Avenues" in post numbers #17 and #44 of this thread. If you had actually READ those, then you wouldn't be accusing me of having none...

Spencer Key

How about you bother to READ my posts before you jump to conclusions. I have already explained the "New Avenues" in post numbers #17 and #44 of this thread. If you had actually READ those, then you wouldn't be accusing me of having none...

Funny you say Jill when she’s already been a “secret villain”. Good girl turning bad would indeed be a “rehash” and with no relation to the games settings. There is absolutely no reason why she would be in Revelations 2, other than maybe you’d like her to be in, and so I don’t know how you came that conclusion. You also think Rebecca would be a cool idea? Ridiculous more like...and she’s only one year younger than Claire, so her voice should not sound as if she’s in her fifties. If she becomes a big baddie, then I know for sure CAPCOM are getting desperate. I think for a plausible “theory” we should be looking for clues and resemblance with what Revelations 2 has already revealed to us. This is what I have done.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It's a good theory
But it is still a theory whilst nothing has been confirmed as of yet.
I strongly think the evil corporation is or has links to Tricell but the truth is we all don't know anything yet. And debunking other theories in favour of your own isn't fair.
Although I do not believe a previously good character will be bad. Revelations 1 was going to have that storyline in early trailers but they completely revised that.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Funny you say Jill when she’s already been a “secret villain”. Good girl turning bad would indeed be a “rehash” and with no relation to the games settings. There is absolutely no reason why she would be in Revelations 2, other than maybe you’d like her to be in, and so I don’t know how you came that conclusion. You also think Rebecca would be a cool idea? Ridiculous more like...and she’s only one year younger than Claire, so her voice should not sound as if she’s in her fifties. If she becomes a big baddie, then I know for sure CAPCOM are getting desperate. I think for a plausible “theory” we should be looking for clues and resemblance with what Revelations 2 has already revealed to us. This is what I have done.
I didn't say it would happen, I simply said that I personally like the ideas of them turning bad. That said, I can't help but notice how you didn't say anything about my theories in post #44, which was EXACTLY the "New Avenues" I was speaking about.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
The website DID imply a while back, but as I said they pulled it the moment it leaked. Why are you out to crush any speculation or ideas that anyone has? Its kind of anti-social.

Five things in Revelations 2 reek of Code Veronica

1. The prisoners wear flashing bracelets (the prisoners wore flashing collars in CVX)
2. There is quoted poetry (Alexia sung poetry)
3. There is prison torture (one of Alfred's favorites)
4. The prison is on another island (Rockfort was an island)
5. Claire is our main protagonist (who would want to exact revenge on her?)

Unless CAPCOM are vastly running out of ideas, these similarities mean something significant to the plot.
Nobody is trying to crush your speculation. It's all argument on why this seems unlikely in THEIR eyes. As far as your five things,

1. Don't a lot of prisons require inmates to wear something so they can be tracked? I could be completely off by saying that though.
2. A lot of their games have used poetry.
3. Since when did Alfred use prison torture? Or any torture for that matter.
4. They've had a couple games on islands. (RE4 anyone?)
5. I do see Claire being the main character have a little bit something to do with it, but then you have Moira and Barry that kind of throws me off.

I do like your idea though. I think it would be kinda cool if I was proven wrong, given the fact that CVX is my favorite in the series with RER being my second. However, as it stands right now, I don't see it happening.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
remember when I listed all the female characters I could think of. I wanted to revisit the list and add some more I have researched and some extra info tidbits.

Re0:
Rebecca

Re1:
Jill
Lisa Trevor (deceased)
Polly (mentioned)
Moira (mentioned)
Barrys wife (mentioned)
Ada (mentioned)
Rebecca

Re2:
Ada
Claire
Annette birkin (deceased)
Sherry

Re3:
Jill

Re4:
Ashley
Ada
Hunnigan

ReCV:
Claire
Alexia (deceased)
Steve's mum (referenced / deceased)
Veronica (deceased / mentioned / entombed)

Umbrella Chronicals prequel manga:
Anna

Re5:
Sheva
Jill
Excella (deceased)
Alex wesker (gender unconfirmed / mentioned in LIN DLC)

Re:DSC:
Manuela

Re:revelations
Jill
Jessica

Re6 prequel manga:
Carla
Bindi (deceased)
Nanan (deceased)

Re6:
Sherry
Helena
Carla (deceased)
Ada
Deborah (deceased)
Hunnigan

From the canon films:
Claire (degeneration)
Rani (degeneration)
"Aunt" (degeneration)
Angela (degeneration)
President woman (damnation)
Hunnigan (damnation)

From the uncanon live action films:
Alice (rumoured to be in a game)
K-Mart (status?)

Carla's first appearence is in the manga which takes place in 2011 before Edonia at Margawa school. She offers the C virus to the female character Bindi after her friend Nanan died for revenge (but for Carla's tests) the following outbreak caused by lepotitsa Nanan killed all the female charcaters in the manga except for Carla who barely escaped, although her involvements were unknown by the BSAA, since this was her first field time I wouldn't expect her to be involved at all in revelations 2 a year before.

Rebecca/Manuela/Ashley have not been seen since their last games nor mentioned.
Rebecca is the only one who knows of Billy's current existence although I don't see how that could be related in anyway to this game.
Manuela has the Veronica virus in her but hasn't been seen since.
Ashley's fathers presidency was removed sometime before re6

There's some background story with Morias apparent fear of guns (considering her fathers obsession on all things bang bang)
So there could be something there with her family.

"Aunt" works for the same company as Claire so could be part of the story somehow.
Rani would be in her late teens by this point I thibk so I doubt she would be there.

Tricell got many virus samples:
G from Curtis millers body after degeneration.
Veronica from wesker
T abyss from Jessica
Some others from Wesker

Alex Wesker: interesting speculation about the gender being female. Alex has links to an island and ran off with research gathered ("the secret to immortality")

Veronica: anther interesting theory except for the fact that her body is deceased and entombed in the Ashford family European home.

Anna is from the manga which takes place before the umbrella chronicals part. She is saved by Chris and jill and reluctantly helps wesker by giving him a key but this backfires. Chris saves her from an explosion and she is presumably alive still.

Angela is still alive and doesn't seem to have any obvious resentment, although her brother was framed and was disassociated from Terrasave. Maybe she deep down is angry and blames terra save for they're block they did with her brother.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
... And you forgot Rachael again. ;) By the way, the president woman is called Svetlana Belikova, and Ada also appears in Damnation.

3. Since when did Alfred use prison torture? Or any torture for that matter.

Since I only played CV once, but read the corresponding Perry novel twice, I might be mixing things up here, but didn't Alfred encourage one of his employees (a doctor, I think) torturing inmates at the Rockfort prison? And both he and his sister were shown to have been cruel as children, considering the video of them maiming a dragonfly and throwing it on an anthill to be eaten alive. Given their personalities, it's not hard to imagine they might have done the same to humans.

Of course that doesn't tell us whether or not the female villain is their ancestor Veronica, but I think that's where Spencer is coming from.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Ah
I got caught up adding new people, that I forgot to add the ones I missed again. Dang half hour cut off time.
At least it was no one completely relevant as we know Ada is still alive due to re6 and Rachel is dead or still alive but at the bottom of the ocean :p

I think I recall something like that, wasn't one of the people that were subjected to either Alfred or someone else's torture at the command of Alfred Steve's father?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
... And you forgot Rachael again. ;) By the way, the president woman is called Svetlana Belikova, and Ada also appears in Damnation.

Since I only played CV once, but read the corresponding Perry novel twice, I might be mixing things up here, but didn't Alfred encourage one of his employees (a doctor, I think) torturing inmates at the Rockfort prison? And both he and his sister were shown to have been cruel as children, considering the video of them maiming a dragonfly and throwing it on an anthill to be eaten alive. Given their personalities, it's not hard to imagine they might have done the same to humans.

Of course that doesn't tell us whether or not the female villain is their ancestor Veronica, but I think that's where Spencer is coming from.
I saw where he could think of some of this.
And I do think recall reading a file like that, but it was Antarctica not Rock fort. That doesn't really matter though . . .

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Though I really don't know who it could be, I do have some thoughts on the current theories.

Though Annette doesn't seem like a very popular choice right now anyway, I'll start with her. Based on the trailers and stuff we have seen so far, we can safely conclude two things.

1. This person intended to kidnap Claire Redfield and
2. She is evil (or at least has sadistic tendencies),

neither of which describes Annette. Let's say, hypothetically, that Annette is in fact still alive (which I sincerely doubt, but whatever). Annette Birkin is not evil. She's a little bit crazy, certainly paranoid at times, but for the majority of the events surrounding RE2, she is just being loyal to her husband, and before her death(?) she acknowledged the fact that G had gone too far, and needed to be destroyed. She even attempted to stop William herself. Not evil.
Secondly, we can conclude that this person dislikes Claire for some reason, as most people don't consider being kidnapped and taken to some torture prison a "good time". Annette does not hate Claire by any means. On the contrary, she is grateful to Claire for being everything for Sherry that Annette herself was not.
In conclusion, I personally don't see Annette as a likely option.

Regarding Alex Wesker, I don't even know this person's gender, let alone possible connections to this game, so I'm not even going to try.

Rebecca doesn't fit with me either because she's just an innately very good person, which arguably is why it would be such a good plot twist, but realistically, it seems nearly impossible for her to be evil just out of the blue. She's also intelligent, so I don't think she'd be as easily enticed into doing evil as some people seem to think. After all, she's a medical prodigy. She is devoting her life to helping people, so it doesn't seem like a very likely turnaround.

Any of Barry/Moira's family members seem like a fairly logical choice considering this game is focused on Burton tragedy and whatnot, not to mention that prior to the announcement of Moira being in the game, the entire Burton family with the exception of Barry was really obscure, fitting the idea that "hardcore fans" would know her. We also don't have very much information on Polly or Barry's wife, so a turn for the evil may not be totally out of left field. The only thing that doesn't seem to fit is that this character is allegedly really important to the RE universe, and I'm not sure how big of an impact anyone in the Burton family could have made that would give her this title. which brings me to my final point.

How is it that this character is only well known by the most hardcore fans, but could still be a very important character? It doesn't seem to add up.

TL;DR
We still know absolutely nothing.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
As for Rebecca turning evil: The Perry novels portray her as quite the ambitious scientist, somewhat fascinated with the T-virus and the idea to be the first to get her hands on it. Sure, those are just the novels and not the game, and their depictions of the characters cannot be considered canon, but it provides a plausible reason: Maybe Becky took it a little too far with her enthusiasm and went crazy in the meantime? After all, we haven't seen her in more than a decade. A lot can happen in such a long time.

Now I'm not saying that I believe Rebecca is the villain; in fact, I can't even imagine that anymore after hearing the voice of the person in question. But it might not be as impossible as everybody thinks that someday, little Becky might turn on us...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
As for Rebecca turning evil: The Perry novels portray her as quite the ambitious scientist, somewhat fascinated with the T-virus and the idea to be the first to get her hands on it. Sure, those are just the novels and not the game, and their depictions of the characters cannot be considered canon, but it provides a plausible reason: Maybe Becky took it a little too far with her enthusiasm and went crazy in the meantime? After all, we haven't seen her in more than a decade. A lot can happen in such a long time.

Now I'm not saying that I believe Rebecca is the villain; in fact, I can't even imagine that anymore after hearing the voice of the person in question. But it might not be as impossible as everybody thinks that someday, little Becky might turn on us...
Rebecca's representation in the novels was fantastic, and I think that, while they're not considered canon, had she had more screen time in the first game, she would have acted MUCH like she did in the books. That said, RE0 does show her aching to prove herself, and be something more than a burden, which is how she felt about herself. Rookie. Only 18. Female. She had a lot going against her, causing her to mouth off to Billy more than a couple of times if you remember. Maybe the want to prove herself, coupled with her EXTREME love of the more artistic side of creating a virus drove her slightly over the edge...Hell, in Naruto Sasuke starts out as a good guy. Good guy through and through, even though he has an attitude problem. But he eventually succumbs to evil, simply because it makes reaching his goals a lot more efficient. Rebecca, being the scientist she is, should respect efficiency.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
There's a new article on RelyOnHorror discussing the villain of Revelations 2. Apparently, at the end of the demo, a female voice can be heard explaining the nature of the bracelets to Claire and Moira. I don't remember such a voice, but then again, it might have been there and I just didn't hear it thanks to the annoying Japanese commentator lady saying "Hai, hai, hai" all the time.

Anyway, according to a magazine mentioned in that article, this female villain is "one that hardcore fans will know", and now I think it's time for us to speculate who it might be. The members of RelyOnHorror have already begun doing so in the comments section, mentioning Annette Birkin, Alexia Ashford, Jessica Sherawat, Carla Radames and Rebecca Chambers as possible candidates.

Personally, I don't think it's any of those (although such a Face-Heel Turn from Rebecca would be interesting) because they're all too obvious. Of course I don't know how Capcom defines "hardcore fans", but I'd say it's fans who know everyone and everything in the RE universe. That's why I can't really imagine who it might be, given that there are hardly any female characters that only an expert could possibly know, unless Alex Wesker turns out to be a woman after all (which would be my guess if I had to decide right now), it's some other female Wesker child (which would retcon the fact that they're all supposed to be dead by now), or one of the other Burton women (Moira still has a sister and a mother after all).

Any ideas who it might be? Or who would you want it to be if you had a say in the matter?
In Lost in Nightmares Episode it's says in Diary that Alex Wesker is a guy.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Here are all the names of Female protagonists or antagonists that could probably be the mysterious villains:
Rebecca Chambers
Manuela Hidalgo
Svetlana Belikova (Antagonist)
Angela Miller (Maybe she turned evil)
Kathy Burton
Polly Burton
Lucia (Gaiden)
Carla Radames (Since Revelations 2 has happened before RE6)
Alexia Ashford (Maybe she regained her form back after being defeated by Chris (not to go into details now))
Deborah Harper (Could be...)
Annette Birkin
Veronica Ashford (Maybe Revelations 2 was "Enhanced Vernoica" in first place so then they have changed to Rev 2 and it's related to veronica)
Jessica Sherawat
Warren's daughter (small number of people would've have remembered of her, Maybe she was infected (only a theory))
Lily Klein
Fong Ling
Elza Walker (Big possibility since small number of Fans knows her(probably))

I'm not saying "Yes Some of them are villain...But it's possibility one of them is.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
In Lost in Nightmares Episode it's says in Diary that Alex Wesker is a guy.

Actually, it doesn't. Alex is only ever mentioned using non-gender specific pronouns. And the original, Japanese language script does the same. I'm gonna copy/paste a post I made earlier in the thread on the subject:
So, I just had a fairly lengthy conversation about this subject with my brother (who is actually fluent in Japanese, both written and spoken), and we poured over all of the 'Spencer's Memoirs ' files in both English and their native Japanese. Our conclusion is that Alex's gender is still very much up in the air. And the "奴/kare wa" in question is not in reference to Alex, but rather part of a quote from Alex addressing a male character (in the case Spencer). It is entirely possible for Alex to be a male or a female, and they muddied it on purpose. Whether that purpose was to stoke conversations like this or Capcom just not yet knowing what they wanted to do with Alex is anybody's guess, but I have never been more certain that Alex's gender is still unknown.

So, for now, my vote goes for Alex being out mystery woman.

Now, I'm not saying this is confirmation that Alex isn't a guy! I'm just saying that, at the very least, Alex's gender isn't set in stone either way. And now having Albert Wesker confirmed as a Raid Mode character makes me feel even more like Capcom are leaving us clues pointing toward Alex.

Of course, like everyone else here, I'm merely speculating! We could well all be wrong!

The Darkening Sea

Yes, but what link would an "evil Rebecca" have to Claire or Moira, or Barry? What would be the motivations for her to turn bad, send a bunch of men to gate-crash a Terra Save fundraising party, and kidnap the two females? It doesn't make sense to me. Rebecca is only meant to be a trained medic in the canon story. Looking for heroic, well-know characters which could turn bad is easy and probably not what Revelations 2 have install for us... I bet.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
No idea, I was just explaining how and why Rebecca could have turned evil since the last time we saw her, not what exactly her motives might be to let it out on the protagonists of Revelations 2. But keep in mind that Rebecca knows Barry from her time as a STARS member and the mansion incident, and Moira is his daughter, so there's your link. She also worked with Chris on the same case and might know Claire through him. Again, hell if I know what kind of problem she could have with either of them, but a long time has passed since Raccoon City, and as I said, a lot could have happened in that time.

The Darkening Sea

No idea, I was just explaining how and why Rebecca could have turned evil since the last time we saw her, not what exactly her motives might be to let it out on the protagonists of Revelations 2. But keep in mind that Rebecca knows Barry from her time as a STARS member and the mansion incident, and Moira is his daughter, so there's your link. She also worked with Chris on the same case and might know Claire through him. Again, hell if I know what kind of problem she could have with either of them, but a long time has passed since Raccoon City, and as I said, a lot could have happened in that time.

It's a pretty weak link for them to simply know eachother - and if one switches to the bad side - that makes the good people automatic enemies. It is very comic book-like. I hope you would never validate such a contrived plot. A villain, now matter how evil, should always being able to justify their motivations - even if completely crazy.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well... Basically I agree with you, but we're talking about a videogame series that has never made much sense and rarely given us a villain whose motivation for being evil was anything other than the plot needing an antagonist, so...

The Darkening Sea

Well... Basically I agree with you, but we're talking about a videogame series that has never made much sense and rarely given us a villain whose motivation for being evil was anything other than the plot needing an antagonist, so...

I wouldn't say so. Wesker was motivated by greed, then revenge, then power, then maniac ideas. Marcus was motivated by mere revenge. Sergei was motivated by power and opposition. Alexia was motivated by self-defense, as Wesker was after her "body" and both Chris and Claire presented a danger to her survival as well. I agree that Saddler was like an umbrella throwaway, and seemed to be doing evil for the sake of being evil. And the Neo-Umbrella thing was desperate and gay.

Top Bottom