• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 The Versus Thread.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
but still what...its quite obvious this thread has gone completely off topic now.
the versus conversation can only be dragged out for so long before you end up repeating stuff.

v iBaxter

OK DONT GET AGNRY AT ME I WAS TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE WHO NEED IT IN VERSUS AND I WASNT THE ONE WHO BOUGHT IT OF TOPIC. sorry about the caps didnt realize they were on.

v iBaxter

well no. it depends wartch some vids of it on youtube and see but i dont nor does echoey, up to u.
echoey sorry i was supposed to say aintnoscrub... :D

aintnoscrub

Premium
seems to me your the only one getting angry, im nice and chilled out as it goes.
and no its really not worth spending money on, its barely worth a free download and we dont even get that privilege.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I never played versus but, if it's as bad as people say, they should let people who bought versus to download one of the Mercs Reunion pack for free. That's the minimum they could do to excuse themselves.
Also, if Mercs Reunion is really good, it'll make people want to buy the other packs, so it'd also be a marketing strategy.

v iBaxter

well u know how u cant move when ur shooting imagine that with someone right infront of you shooting ur face... and its basically the one with the better weapon or health.

aintnoscrub

Premium
the only new content we should really be paying for is the actual scenarios, mercs and versus are resident evil versions of standard multiplayer types on other games so why should re5 users pay for them.
for instance you wouldnt pay for versus on l4d2, it justs comes default as one of the game types.

Kellyrose

I didn't think Versus was bad, and I don't regret purchasing it. Its a competitive version of mercenaries.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Is it even any fun?

If you fight eachother, I am wondering how it works exactly...like the melee attacks, etc.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Spike991;63948 said:
Is it even any fun?

If you fight eachother, I am wondering how it works exactly...like the melee attacks, etc.

Versus is not even fun. Some people think that it is, but most don't think that it is fun.

There are huge flaws in it.

There are 4 game modes. Slayers is ok since you need to kill players and majini. Survivors is another game mode, but it wasen't that good, since you only need to kill players, but for some reason they added majini who just want stop and kill you, besides them being completely useless, the bosses were the only one necssary since they drop weapons. Team Slayers is not very good. Slayers was ok, but team slayers is messed up, you have to have 4 people to start it so you couldn't play it with friends unless you have 4 people that are your friends and bored to death then it would be ok, but there are very little people who play versus. Team Survivors is a f**k up, like Team Slayers you need 4 people to start it, but add the things about the orginal survivors and this mode is just retarded.

Next would be p***y players. You know when you play with them when they hide, run away, like to keep everything, or just a**holes. They are the #1 kind of people who inhabit the mode. They use rocket launchers, climb to place where they know that they can kill you, and just are uber obsessed with Magnums, Rockets, and Sheva's Bow.

Also is what I just said recently, Sheva's Bow. She still has unlimited ammo which is unfair. You go into 1 game and everyone who play as her and you are not then you can assume that they are b****es. The only time that they don't have that weapon is in Survivors which is switched with a grenade launcher. It is still unfair since it is an explosive weapon.

Last is that if you want to play with a buddy at your house and have 2 controllers then you couldn't play since it will reject that 2nd controller.

Bottom line is that it is horrible. Only play it with friends on PSN or XBL. It is a waste of your US Dollars, or Pounds, or Euro, or Yin, or what ever just stay away from it.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It doesn't seem like it would work very well...

Thanks for the description though.:)

How about melee attacks, are those able to be activated if you stun another player with a flash, or if you shoot them do they become stunned?

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Spike991;63955 said:
It doesn't seem like it would work very well...

Thanks for the description though.:)

How about melee attacks, are those able to be activated if you stun another player with a flash, or if you shoot them do they become stunned?

You only get to use melee when ever someone is being holded, frozen, or they are in dying status. So you don't get to use it very often. Aside from using it on players it can still be used on Majini.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ah...I suppose that is fair, and I imagine it is only the main melee attack, so I probably won't be doing a neck twist with Chris...

One might assume you could catch a player in an attack if they were close enough when you attacked a majini...

That whole thing is really wierd though, I will still try it, but it doesn't exactly sound like I will play it too much.

I assume the Majini attack both players, even if they are not on a team.

Top Bottom