• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 THE Mercenaries Thread

benfen

Leon fan
^ Yeah i learnt to take out reapers with hand gun. I love hand guns since you get a lot of ammo for the weapon.I also learnt to plant proximity mines at door steps and narrow walk through locations. I am still learning to play the game. I beat every mode in 4. Even broke a 100000 mark in mercenaries using hunk.

If you drop your handgun though, you don't get handgun ammo. I do this for Wesker S.T.A.R.S. so that I always get Hydra ammo when I do get an ammo drop. I only do it for him though.

aoshi

^ I love the hand gun. Why would i discard it?I would not do that to get a better score.

aoshi

Current score - 56000 prison - Solo. I felt like damn i missed by 4000 and time ran out on me.

aoshi

Yay me , i got an S rank in public assembly,mines and missile area. Damn missile area was unbelievably hard with time bonuses so far but i found the shortest route to get the time bonuses.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
^ I love the hand gun. Why would i discard it?I would not do that to get a better score.

Agreed. With my luck the few times I've dropped the handgun to see what would happen, I almost never got enough ammo for the rest of my weapons, I would get grenades instead.

If you drop your handgun though, you don't get handgun ammo. I do this for Wesker S.T.A.R.S. so that I always get Hydra ammo when I do get an ammo drop. I only do it for him though.

I have to laugh whenever I here about someone dropping Wesker's Samurai Edge. Considering to can take an Executioner to his knees with one shot and handgun ammo is plentiful, I wouldn't drop it. Besides, with the punch it packs, melees generally kill getting you those +5s in vast numbers as opposed to Midnight's handgun, which is powerful but not on the same level as Wesker S.T.A.R.S.. (The being said, Wesker Midnight is my Mercs character of choice.)

The only time I will discard a handgun is when I restart (on a different ps3 or whatever), with Chris BSAA. He's the only character that benefits without the handgun in my experience. Wesker S.T.A.R.S. does have the Hydra, but of all the shotguns, its my least favorite because the range sucks and it has a small amount of rounds usable before reload (and yes, I know the inventory reload technique and refuse to allow my character to actually do the reload animation.). And I think you might be mistaken about it having the power of a stock Handcannon, I'll have to check. Either way, its only effectively that powerful when you're standing in someone/something's face lol.

aoshi

Is there any special prize after S ranking all characters or SS ranking all the characters like in RE 4?(Hand cannon).

And where is RE 5 Mercenaries reunion available?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Is there any special prize after S ranking all characters or SS ranking all the characters like in RE 4?(Hand cannon).

And where is RE 5 Mercenaries reunion available?
No reward for SS. You have to download Reunion from PSN.

aoshi

Okay , I somehow cooked up an S rank on all levels with safari chris and stars chris. I would like to know dash move of wesker. Wat are the controls to it?

benfen

Leon fan
I think it was something like clicking one of the thumbsticks while holding a trigger button. Don't quote me.

aoshi

Thanks guys. I hardly play as wesker but jus wanna try out his dash move.I made 82000 with stars chris in ship deck which has been giving me nightmares lately. I am trying to SS rank. I think over a 100000 is a good score but damn i am finding videos of over 300000 which is amazing.

aoshi

Does josh have any new comments on 300000? I hated him the first few times where he goes "May be you should consider a career change".By the way, You should be impressive of such runs.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
He has a lot of comments. It depends more on the letter rank you get than the actual score (and Josh isn't in Mercs 3D in any way, shape, or form, thankfully). I can't remember them all off the top of my head because it's been like 8 months since I played RE5.

PS. I found the RE4 version of the Mercenaries to be far more difficult than the RE5 version. Maybe you could sharpen your skills there- I'm sure it would make the RE5 version seem easier.

aoshi

You gotta be kiddin me. I found RE 4 Mercenaries less annoying and irritating. Thanks to better inventory management. It was tedious in the beginning but once i found the time bonuses i was able to reach 5 stars in less time. I reached 90000 in ship deck but i died thanks to chainsaw majini. Some times i feel capcom isn't a fair player of games. I find life unfair so capcom does not make a difference. But it hurts all the time.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I thought RE4 was harder because you had weaker weapons, weaker Melee moves and the enemies seemed stronger. It was especially hard for me to get 5 stars on all levels with Leon. I didn't like his inventory. Management didn't really do much for me because I like being able to just push a directional button to switch weapons instead of stopping what I was doing to run around my inventory.

I much prefer the melees, levels, weapon disbursement, alternate costumes/weapons and just about everything else that came with RE5.

aoshi

I am used to playing RE 4 and carrying a huge inventory that allows me to collect a lot of ammo. Besides the enemies can't run as fast as those in RE 5. My strategy would be to play around in the beginning and collect more ammo then stick to a sweet spot and take out all ganados. Leon was the easiest to own with the shot gun. Since the inventory allowed to collect a lot of ammo, I used to collect them before i faced off with the bosses. Especially grenades would make the day alot easier. Switching to inventory pauses game which allowed me to take a breather. Issue with RE 5 is small inventory. I found occassions with alot of ammo lying around ut i could not collect. When i try to free up space in my inventory i get killed. RE 5 and RE 4 require different concentration levels if ya ask me. I prefer RE 4 though.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Leon having just a handgun and a shotgun made it ridiculous to try and beat bosses, especially in the dock area. Keep in mind, I have successfully unlocked the Handcannon, so while it is difficult it is by no means impossible. I prefer not to waste time collecting ammo because it leaves less time to build your score. And I personally don't prefer breathers for a couple reasons. 1) it breaks my concentration and adrenaline which helps me be successful in the game and 2) if you have time for a breather you've probably lost your combo.

aoshi

With leon , Efficiency lies in using hand gun effectively cuz there is a lot of hand gun ammo. But with bosses shot gun and grenades are effective. To keep the combo going hand gun should be sufficient. I say this cuz i have had combos to 35 and more with leon. I don't doubt your abilities. I jus found RE 4 less irritating while collecting ammo and items which is an important objective in story mode. I followed the same strategy in mercenaries as well which helped. But in RE 5 I get hit while collecting items in the area which is annoying. I know that we are not open while collecting items but while collecting combo bonuses and even sometimes on items i get hit. RE 5 Mercenaries has been one of most annoying experiences after Dante must die mode of devil may cry 3 to me.

Top Bottom