• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 That Bi*tch!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Given the way things are I think if anything the game will take place in two different periods of time, or be after the events of RE5. At this moment in time it is all conjecture.

But that wouldn't make since....

It was confirmed in a interview that the stories of Leon,Chris, and the new guy would "overlap" at a certain point which means that at some point in the game their respective stories will meet and thus they may meet eachother.

There is no way that could happen if Chris's part took place after RE5 such as in 2010 while Leon's takes place in 2008.

bruno

Chief Researcher
First off if I can get a link to the interview that stated that the RE6 takes place 10 years after the Raccoon City Outbreak then what I am about to put forth will be null and void.

After watching the trailer again (for the hundredth time) i realize that the President and Leon are the only people who mention the Raccoon City Incident, but never say anything about the passage of time since. When the President is talking to Leon the conversation itself is a flashback, so we don't know when it took place. If the President is Ashley's father, which would explain why the President always valued his friendship, then he wouldn't be in office more than twice (4 years apiece. 2004-2008/2008-2012 if consecutive terms, or 2004-2008/2012-current if not. However if I recall the time of year is never stated in RE4 other than 2004 so it could be possible that the President was 2000-2004, but I digress.) So the conversation may have been years ago, but after Leon rescued the President's daughter in 2004, if it is President Graham. (Note: some people still refer to past presidents as Mr. President after they leave office so it may be a moot point entirely.) Given the way things are I think if anything the game will take place in two different periods of time, or be after the events of RE5. At this moment in time it is all conjecture.

As to who the "bitch" may be I could go with Ada or Helena, but I think it could be Jessica Sherawat or some other female character introduced in Revelations.

They mention Raccoon City to introduce Leon's part of the synopsis, so Leon's scenario might occur before Chris'...

As for the "B*tch", I think that, for now, it's most likely she's Jessica, but coulb be anyone actually.

bruno

Chief Researcher
But that wouldn't make since....

It was confirmed in a interview that the stories of Leon,Chris, and the new guy would "overlap" at a certain point which means that at some point in the game their respective stories will meet and thus they may meet eachother.

There is no way that could happen if Chris's part took place after RE5 such as in 2010 while Leon's takes place in 2008.
*Sorry for the DP, but I don't know how to quote with the author's name in edition mode...*

I think Leon's story will occur in different points in time. Maybe they alternate scenarios, like Leon(2008)-Mistery guys(2013)-Chris(2010)-Leon(2011)-MG(2008)-Chris(2013)-Leon(2013)-MG(2013)... (the dates are purposely out of order...)
We don't know for sure how the game will be structured, but I think Revelations is divided in a similar way as this.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
*Sorry for the DP, but I don't know how to quote with the author's name in edition mode...*

I think Leon's story will occur in different points in time. Maybe they alternate scenarios, like Leon(2008)-Mistery guys(2013)-Chris(2010)-Leon(2011)-MG(2008)-Chris(2013)-Leon(2013)-MG(2013)... (the dates are purposely out of order...)
We don't know for sure how the game will be structured, but I think Revelations is divided in a similar way as this.

But we DO know that the stories will overlap at some point.

That was confirmed in the initial interview.

How would that happen if all these stories take place at a different time?

makes no since.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I places scenarios for all characters in 2013, so those do overlap xD
I was just giving an example.

By the way, a cool video with SPOILERS of Revelations (Jessica being revealed as a traitor to the BSAA)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I places scenarios for all characters in 2013, so those do overlap xD

But under what grounds do you place those scenerios in 2013?

Did Capcom themselves say that?

Because most of the sites like IGN, Gametrailers,Softpedia, and Gamestop put the game as 10 years after the events of the Racoon City outbreak.

The initial interviews from Capcom also said that as well.

bruno

Chief Researcher
But under what grounds do you place those scenerios in 2013?

Did Capcom themselves say that?

Because most of the sites like IGN, Gametrailers,Softpedia, and Gamestop put the game as 10 years after the events of the Racoon City outbreak.

The initial interviews from Capcom also said that as well.

I was just speculating... Saying there could be multiple scenarios spread across a wide timespan, like Revelations...
Actually, there is a base for 2013 -- I think in Xbox Live site, they say it's in 2013.

I've also heard that the translation from japanses suggest "a dozen of years", instead of "10 years", but it's all speculation, we'll only know for sure when Capcom releases more information... Which may not happen before the release of ORC.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I was just speculating... Saying there could be multiple scenarios spread across a wide timespan, like Revelations...
Actually, there is a base for 2013 -- I think in Xbox Live site, they say it's in 2013.

I've also heard that the translation from japanses suggest "a dozen of years", instead of "10 years", but it's all speculation, we'll only know for sure when Capcom releases more information... Which may not happen before the release of ORC.

Well I say we already know since a majority of the info from Capcom and sites say that it is 10 years after the RCO while only the Xbox Live site sais otherwise.

Considering how many high profile sites have confirmed from Capcom that is it 10 years after the RCO while only the Xbox site and a few low profile site sais 13 I think it would be safe to assume that the error was made on the Xbox Live site if you ask me...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well it could very well be Capcom not paying attention to detail and not realizing that they ended up setting it before RE5. All the major sites are probably just playing it safe and sticking with the information that they were given for now.

Look at some of the things that we can tell from this game, like Chris being a captain (which he wasn't in RE5) and, as been stated numerous times before, how none of the events in this game have ever been mentioned before in any of the files found. Even this new monster that's supposed to have an even bigger impact than the zombies hasn't been mentioned before. The fact that 6 is also in the title as well. I know you mentioned how SOME of the events in RE3 take place before RE2, but also consider Code Veronica and how that game takes place between RE2 and RE4 and it was made before RE4. Capcom didn't feel the need to consider it the 4th game in the series though. They could have and should have done something similar if this game does take place before RE5.

Also where does it state, in the trailer, that the events in this game take place "10 years after the Raccoon City Incident"? I hear the president bring up the Raccoon City incident but I never hear anyone say anything about it being ten years since then.

Fact of the matter is no one knows for sure and until Capcom comes out with some more information or until the game finally does come out, none of us will know for sure.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Also where does it state, in the trailer, that the events in this game take place "10 years after the Raccoon City Incident"? .

It doesn't.

It only sais that during the initial storyline interview from Capcom upon the trailer's release.

But the Racoon City incident is mentioned throughout the trailer while the fall of Umbrella is not mentioned once through the entire trailer.

Some are trying to say Capcom meant ten years AFTER the fall of Umbrella but I highly doubt Capcom would make such a mistake.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
It doesn't.

It only sais that during the initial storyline interview from Capcom upon the trailer's release.

But the Racoon City incident is mentioned throughout the trailer while the fall of Umbrella is not mentioned once through the entire trailer.

Some are trying to say Capcom meant ten years AFTER the fall of Umbrella but I highly doubt Capcom would make such a mistake.

I can remember 2 times in that trailer where the Raccoon City Incident is brought up. One is where the president brings it up- which could very well be just a flashback or him just compairing the events in RE6 to the events back then. Then there's the part where Leon compares the events in RE6 trailer to the events in Raccoon City.

Just because they never bring up the downfall of Umbrella doesn't mean that the game isn't set so many years after that incident. Umbrella is gone, it's become just another name in the series because now other organizations are getting involved with the development and sale of B.O.W.s

None of the finer details are set in stone yet.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
None of the finer details are set in stone yet.

But what IS set in stone is the storyline interview Capcom gave.

Saying it is 10 years after the fall of Umbrella is pure speculation from the fans who believe that.

No matter how much people say it or try to reason it the fact remains that it was said in the initial storyline interview that it had been 10 years after the Racoon City outbreak.

Obviously more will be revealed later on but I highly doubt that Capcom is just going to pull a "oops, we made a mistake, its ten years after the fall of umbrella".

After all, they have been in this kind of business for many YEARS now, I doubt they would make a mistake like that.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
There are very talented people involved in the making of these games, theres no doubt about that. But they are still human and still can and have made some mistakes and contradictions with this series. They have changed some details in the past to help make another game's story take place. I think the fact that some of the games have flaws and (minor) continuity errors is the main reason why fans are starting to "see what they want to see" with this series; they interpret the series to how they see fit. That's at least how I like to look at it.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
But they are still human and still can and have made some mistakes and contradictions with this series.

Ok fine.

Name me some of the examples of when Capcom has made a mistake with the story or contradicted something that was confirmed by them earlier on.

Do that and I will consider the unlikely possibility that they made a mistake with this.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Ok fine.

Name me some of the examples of when Capcom has made a mistake with the story or contradicted something that was confirmed by them earlier on.

Do that and I will consider the unlikely possibility that they made a mistake with this.

I merely stated that there have been some minor continuity errors throughout the series. The entire first game has enough of them that still leaves fans wondering how exacly the manison incident plays out. Of course you can get a basic idea of what happens and what is discovered in the mansion incident, but which character goes through what is still debatable, is it not? The Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles try to tie in the entire game series but they still manage to leave out certain events and information (though this is mostly due to time constraints and you could even argue that the Chronicle series was simply there to catch people up on the basic events that have taken place before RE4 and RE5).

That all being said, if RE6 does take place before RE5, then it would be the biggest contradiction to the series for reasons I have listed in my previous post.

Also it's not like they haven't done some major changes along the way with the series. Look at Wesker's character for example. He was never supposed to be so involved in the series, until they decided to squeeze him into Code Veronica. Mind you I think it was an awesome addition. But I'm just pointing out how Capcom isn't always 100% sure how a story is going to play out. Hell it seemed like they were running out of ideas for Wesker and just decided to kill him off in such a convenient way... in a damn valcano, but not without adding in the entirely new information they managed to fit in about the Wesker Project. They've done this all throughout the series though, which is why it wouldn't be too shocking to me if they did mix up the information on when the events in RE6 take place.

Final edit.

Camhot56

I think its Helena Harper because she was like its all my fault and then Chris is like this is her fault she caused this.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
You may be right but seeing how ****ed Chris gets in that scene, it almost makes me believe that he is talking about someone who is deliberately trying to cause harm towards his team and the world. Helena sounded pretty remorseful and we're not too sure what exactly she has done yet; it could be something that was out of her hands to begin with...

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
ToCool74 just because events happen during two seperate time periods doesn't mean they can't overlap. For example, I have had events in my life overlap with events in a friend's life years before we even met, but looking back we can see the overlap itself. So it is not outside the realm of possibility that RE6 could take place during multiple time frames.

All in all the information we do have points to how unlikely it is that the majority of RE6 takes place before RE5.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I know this isn't a Story mistake or contradiction, but the fact that Capcom couldn't even spell the name of their own game correctly on the Resident Evil Revelations boxart in USA speaks volumes to them being fallible. That and the fact that the RE6 logo looks like a woman performing a sex act on a two-legged giraffe.

The fact that RE1/REmake you could only save Chris/Barry as Jill and Jill/Rebecca as Chris, but canonically speaking all four survived and no explanation is given for that. They could have instituted an RE2 like system for REmake where you play Jill A then Chris B, or vice versa where you could finish the game having saved all three of the NPCs. Besides, RE 2 and 4 underwent massive story changes before their release.

Top Bottom