• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 That Bi*tch!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
What make you think they don't have the time...It doesn't take 9 months to say "Oh, RE6 is in 2010, not 08...

I was referring to them changing it in the manner they did RE5. RE5 started out with Crimsonhead for enemies and Chris alone (and alot less buffer). But we all know how the final product turned out.

You are the one who made the comparison between the 2 so I answered.

But yea, they could say it takes place in 2010. But that would just completely retcon what was said in the trailer. The president said that it had been 10 years since the Racoon City outbreak. So they would probably have to cut that part out huh?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
And why the hell do you think it is a guy?

FACT is it was never confirmed that he/she was a guy or girl. It could go either way dude so lighten up.

Oh I am very lightened up. Just making a statement because a lot of people are placing all their theories on Alex being a girl (and an antagonist) when they may not be. I'm very aware- and annoyed- that there isn't a lot of information out to confirm any details about the story. ;)

On the subject of when the story takes place:

We could be working with different time frames with this game because there is a lot going on in it. But because Chris is now CAPTAIN (which he stated in RE5 that one day he wanted to be a captain) I think we can safely assume that most of the events take place after RE5.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
We could be working with different time frames with this game because there is a lot going on in it. But because Chris is now CAPTAIN (which he stated in RE5 that one day he wanted to be a captain) I think we can safely assume that most of the events take place after RE5.

But your not listening...

It CAN'T take place after RE5 if this game does indeed take place 10 years after the racoon city outbreak.

unless Capcom was lying or unless they change it there is no way since it would put this game in 2008 rather then 2009 when RE5 took place.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I can't remember, but was there anything within the game (ignoring the release date) that proved that RE5 was DEFINITELY set in 2009?

I do agree that RE6 must be set in 2008.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I can't remember, but was there anything within the game (ignoring the release date) that proved that RE5 was DEFINITELY set in 2009?

I do agree that RE6 must be set in 2008.

I believe it was mentioned in RE5 that it had been 6 years since the fall of umbrella which happened in 2003. that would put RE5 in 2009.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I believe it was mentioned in RE5 that it had been 6 years since the fall of umbrella which happened in 2003. that would put RE5 in 2009.
Ahh cool thanks!

I reckon another fact in favour of the 'RE6 is set before RE5' argument is how less beefed-up Chris is in this debut trailer.

kgould01

U CANT SEE ME
After all The Raccoon City Incident ended in October of 1998.

RE5 took place in August of 2009. They say this game is set 10 years after the raccoon city incident. So this game could take place after August or almost immediately after RE5. Technically it's still 10 years if it's September 2009. 10 years and 11 months but still 10 years

Plus if this takes place before RE5 when the whole world is affected by BOWs would they really have sent someone so high up in the BSAA as Chris is to Africa to stop what appeared to be a simple Weapons deal? I was also thinking that maybe leon's story is kind of before or during re5 and chris's story is after re5.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
But your not listening...

It CAN'T take place after RE5 if this game does indeed take place 10 years after the racoon city outbreak.

unless Capcom was lying or unless they change it there is no way since it would put this game in 2008 rather then 2009 when RE5 took place.

I feel like a lot of this information has been messed up somewhere along the way here. Something just isn't adding up because the way they seem to be presenting the new RE6 game makes it appear as though the game is supposed to take place after RE5. Not to mention the fact that the six is in the title. Also, as a few others have mentioned, the events that seem to take place in RE6 aren't even mentioned in the files you earn after beating RE5... Though maybe this can be considered just another mission Chris participated in before the events of RE5.... Oh f*ck me I've gone crossed eyed.

AYO.jpg

Albert better make an appearance then if it is before RE5. Alls I'm sayin.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I feel like a lot of this information has been messed up somewhere along the way here. Something just isn't adding up because the way they seem to be presenting the new RE6 game makes it appear as though the game is supposed to take place after RE5. Not to mention the fact that the six is in the title. Also, as a few others have mentioned, the events that seem to take place in RE6 aren't even mentioned in the files you earn after beating RE5... Though maybe this can be considered just another mission Chris participated in before the events of RE5.... Oh f*ck me I've gone crossed eyed.

AYO.jpg

Albert better make an appearance then if it is before RE5. Alls I'm sayin.

Well I would like to point out that the first part of RE3 took place before RE2 which means there has been a RE game to take place before another one even though it is numerically higher.

But as I said before, maybe Capcom just hasn't realized how stupid is to have this game take place before RE5. You can't sell a post apocalyptic world when your other game "RE5" takes place a year afterwards. It is just a pretty dumb move once you consider that a event of this caliber was not mentioned in RE5. Surely something this damn important would be alluded to in RE5 and yet it was not. But there is no denying the reports that this game does indeed take place 10 years after the racoon city outbreak which happened in 1998. The President even confirms this verbally in the trailer.

Doing the math obviously puts this new game at 2008.

And then there is no denying that RE5 takes place 6 years after the fall of umbrella(2003) which was confirmed in ingame which places RE5 in 2009.

I know it does not make since and I do not have a clue what Capcom is thinking with this but hopefully they have a plan and won't make a mess of the storyline.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well I would like to point out that the first part of RE3 took place before RE2 which means there has been a RE game to take place before another one even though it is numerically higher.

But as I said before, maybe Capcom just hasn't realized how stupid is to have this game take place before RE5. You can't sell a post apocalyptic world when your other game "RE5" takes place a year afterwards. It is just a pretty dumb move once you consider that a event of this caliber was not mentioned in RE5. Surely something this damn important would be alluded to in RE5 and yet it was not. But there is no denying the reports that this game does indeed take place 10 years after the racoon city outbreak which happened in 1998. The President even confirms this verbally in the trailer.

Doing the math obviously puts this new game at 2008.

And then there is no denying that RE5 takes place 6 years after the fall of umbrella(2003) which was confirmed in ingame which places RE5 in 2009.

I know it does not make since and I do not have a clue what Capcom is thinking with this but hopefully they have a plan and won't make a mess of the storyline.
No offense TooCool, but Capcom has been doing this for years, and is, in my opinion, the only game franchise left standing with a GOOD stroy intact...They've been doing this much longer than you, and I'm sure that have this all planned out...If you quit INSISTING what you know is FACT so early on, then we would be great, because in truth, you don't know..None of us do...No point in reiterating the same point a million times...We know where you stand...And you are POSSIBLY right...But untill more is told later on, we won't know...You OR us...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
No offense TooCool, but Capcom has been doing this for years, and is, in my opinion, the only game franchise left standing with a GOOD stroy intact...They've been doing this much longer than you, and I'm sure that have this all planned out...If you quit INSISTING what you know is FACT so early on, then we would be great, because in truth, you don't know..None of us do...No point in reiterating the same point a million times...We know where you stand...And you are POSSIBLY right...But untill more is told later on, we won't know...You OR us...

WOAH

Easy there dude.

Where the hell did I say I know more than you guys? Where did I say that I know more than Capcom? All I was doing was giving my opinion and pointing out the facts.

And the facts are

1.It was said in the intereview and trailer that it had been 10 years since the racoon City outbreak
2.Fact is that if what was said in the trailer is true than it would put it at 2008
3.Fact is that RE5 was confirmed to take place in 2009

Unless you can disprove those facts above I would really appreciate it if you did not make it seems as if I was just spewing unfounded BS at you guys like I know everything. I was only giving my opinion on what I thought about what has been shown and revealed so far. I was NOT trying to talk down to you guys or act like I know more than Capcom.

No need to "try to put me in my place". I know full well I'm in the same boat as you guys and know very little about the game. But that does not mean I should shut up and not state my opinion on what was shown.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Guys, can we take it down a notch please? And perhaps get back on topic?

Anyway, I kind of have a hunch that Alex Wesker is the baldish guy in the trailer whose blood is apparently worth a lot of money. It would make sense that Alex Wesker's blood is worth the big bucks and it'd be more creative at this point than just introducing a whole new male character vital to the game. He kinda reminded me a bit of Wesker too, only with a tad more personality. The b!tch in the trailer is either the Harper chick most likely, or Ada.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I find it interesting how the guy Chris is talking yelling at responds back to Chris with "your personal vendetta isn't going to get us anywhere". It almost sounds like Chris has come across this person before..?

This is a very good point. I really hope its a surprise to all RE fans and I really wish they'd mind f*ck us for once. They haven't done that since... RE1... and even THAT was a bit obvious.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This is a very good point. I really hope its a surprise to all RE fans and I really wish they'd mind f*ck us for once. They haven't done that since... RE1... and even THAT was a bit obvious.
When did they do this in RE1/REmake...You mean with Wesker turning out to be the bad guy?

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Helena doesn't seem bad though. If she did cause the mayhem, I think it was accidental or not as much her fault as we're led to believe in the trailer, and Chris isn't the type to call people names who don't deserve it. He is definitely referring to a woman though. If I had to guess off of what little we know, I'd guess Ada. Then again, I'm with Kennedy, I've never thought of Ada as evil either.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Helena doesn't seem bad though. If she did cause the mayhem, I think it was accidental or not as much her fault as we're led to believe in the trailer, and Chris isn't the type to call people names who don't deserve it. He is definitely referring to a woman though. If I had to guess off of what little we know, I'd guess Ada. Then again, I'm with Kennedy, I've never thought of Ada as evil either.
I've been thinkin' the same...About Helena I mean...When she says it's her fault...I think the only thing she's referring to may be the fact that she let the president get infected, seeing as she's got a position similar to Leon...Also, I agree that it's not like Chris to just drop names like that...Oh, and thanks for siding with me!

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
First off if I can get a link to the interview that stated that the RE6 takes place 10 years after the Raccoon City Outbreak then what I am about to put forth will be null and void.

After watching the trailer again (for the hundredth time) i realize that the President and Leon are the only people who mention the Raccoon City Incident, but never say anything about the passage of time since. When the President is talking to Leon the conversation itself is a flashback, so we don't know when it took place. If the President is Ashley's father, which would explain why the President always valued his friendship, then he wouldn't be in office more than twice (4 years apiece. 2004-2008/2008-2012 if consecutive terms, or 2004-2008/2012-current if not. However if I recall the time of year is never stated in RE4 other than 2004 so it could be possible that the President was 2000-2004, but I digress.) So the conversation may have been years ago, but after Leon rescued the President's daughter in 2004, if it is President Graham. (Note: some people still refer to past presidents as Mr. President after they leave office so it may be a moot point entirely.) Given the way things are I think if anything the game will take place in two different periods of time, or be after the events of RE5. At this moment in time it is all conjecture.

As to who the "bitch" may be I could go with Ada or Helena, but I think it could be Jessica Sherawat or some other female character introduced in Revelations.

Top Bottom