• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 stupid Crapcom !!!!! Ruin stuff for real players !!!

sbr999

How is this in any way questionable or Disrespectful?
They are not pointing a gun at your head and saying give us more money or else.
If I made a game I would include optional additional payments so that I could make a little extra money by a players choice
This is business

Microtransactions might not be an issue for you, but they sure bother me a lot. This whole practise belongs to the freemium apps, and not supposedly triple A releases. When I pay for a game, the last thing I want to see is buy offers and "optional purchase ads" shoved into my face.

Of course Capcom won't go and lock half the contents right away, but the passive "I don't care, doesn't affect me" attitude and the cash shop users will encourage Capcom to continue this trend and on a larger degree. Maybe a little crystals now, later maybe some purchasable rare drops (coming with tampered difficulty and droprates, since who would buy otherwise right?). So yes, in a long run it will affect me, because I will get less for my money's worth. As a customer I consider what's best for me. I'm not buying the game out of charity because Capcom is in hole, which they dug for themselves by alienating many fans with their over-the-top greed, but I put down money because I expect a quality product without any unnecessary and pathetic attempts to squeeze out some more money.

TLDR? This video pretty much sums everything, just change Ubisoft into Capcom

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
You know, if this were a full-priced, $60 game and it shipped with seemingly mandatory micro-transactions (which has happened in the past), I might be with you. However, neither of those things is true in this case. Revelations 2 is $24.99 ($39.99 for the disc). That's really cheap for as much content as is included. If Capcom wants to offer extra, optional stuff to make a couple of extra bucks, that's well within their right. We don't have to buy them. I certainly won't be, and I'm sure most people here won't, but if somebody else feels like spending their money on them? I don't see why they shouldn't have that option. Because that's what it is; Just another option. On top of that, these micro-transaction are already confirmed as being for things that you can easily unlock simply by playing the game. You even start with ten of them. The paid versions are merely an option for the people who don't care to, or for whatever reason can't spend time with the game. And most hardcore Raid players won't want to use them anyway, as they'll bring down your overall score/medal count.

Your argument here is a 'slippery slope' argument, and there is a reason those don't fly in a factual debate; They are purely conjecture and rhetoric. Yeah, it's easy to picture a worst case scenario where every $60 dollar game really winds up costing you $200, but that just isn't going to happen. And do you know why? Because most of your hardcore gamers have the same attitude you do and simply won't pay for it. Yeah, these companies want your money, and they'd like it quickly if possible, but they also want it in the long run. And you know how you get that long run money? By making your core audience happy. Hell, look at Sony at the start of the Ps3/360 generation; They came out with a $600 price point and the same sense of "oh, they'll buy it" as the guy in your video, and you know what? They paid for it. Hard. It took them a hell of a long time to even kind of recover from that arrogant, greedy attitude. Now look at them. The PlayStation division is what's going to save that company. Because people voted with their wallets and Sony learned from the situation.

The fact in this particular case is that these are some of the most harmless micro-transactions any company has included in recent years. They're done the right way. They are the epitome of optional content. What Capcom are doing here and that video are two different things. And, hell, I'm even someone who has been really critical of Capcom in the past. When they had it coming. From all they've shown, they're doing things right this time, or are at least finding the right track. They've already made their big mistake and done what you speak of with Street Fighter X Tekken, and it damn near destroyed them. But, like Sony, they have also learned from it, and are applying that knowledge now. I just don't see the point in getting preemptively upset over a worst case scenario that is highly unlikely to happen.

Top Bottom