• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Strange things people put in freezer

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
A body would probably age as well as ground beef in the freezer, and more than likely a person would die in deep freeze without some kind of life support system.
Hmmm do you think moonshine would work as life support? :p

It's not that food "ages" more slowly. Frozen food isn't edible to the bacteria and fungus that are responsible for "rotting." That's why it does not begin to break down while frozen. Ever do a lab in biology where you apply heat to a culture of bacteria to make it grow faster? An absence of heat has the opposite effect. They move slowly and even die in extreme freezing cold.

It's restoring life to the preserved body as it thaws that's tricky. The closest thing we've ever done is with a fibrillator
Fatty food goes bad while frozen, and it's not because of bacteria or fungi. It doesn't rot, it just get a bad taste. So food does age even when frozen. I'm not fat, but even skinny people has some fat in their body. Isn't our brains made up mostly from fat?

And bacteria doesn't die from being frozen, that's why it's no help to freeze food that have almost gone bad.

That link seems to be music so I doubt it can explain how to thaw a living body.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Fatty food goes bad while frozen, and it's not because of bacteria or fungi. It doesn't rot, it just get a bad taste. So food does age even when frozen. I'm not fat, but even skinny people has some fat in their body. Isn't our brains made up mostly from fat?

And bacteria doesn't die from being frozen, that's why it's no help to freeze food that have almost gone bad.

That link seems to be music so I doubt it can explain how to thaw a living body.
It is true the fatter the food, the less time it remains edible after freezing. Bacteria becomes dormant in freezing temperatures, yes. Parasites, the other raw food concern, can be killed in cold temperatures.

The link, although a joke image, was meant to depict a fibrillator.

Cold enough temperatures can preserve even fat tissue, however. The problem isn't freezing a body and keeping it from decaying. There are places you could go even now and request to be cryogenically frozen until the technology is created to unfreeze you. You won't age frozen, because age derives from your biological use, wear, and tear. It's not like they'll thaw you and suddenly you'll look 300.

Fatty foods going bad while frozen is because the freezers we have in our homes simply don't get cold enough to accomplish what you're talking about.

Top Bottom