• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Strange things people put in freezer

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Ok because @Jen asked me to do it. Here it is

Back when the Sega Genesis came out and it was the new thing. I used to play it a lot to the point where i have to buy a new AC adapter once every two days. So in order to prevent it from heating up and melting i used to put the AC adapter in the freezer to cool down. thinking that by doing so it will prevent it from heating up really fast.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Ok because @Jen asked me to do it. Here it is

Back when the Sega Genesis came out and it was the new thing. I used to play it a lot to the point where i have to buy a new AC adapter once every two days. So in order to prevent it from heating up and melting i used to put the AC adapter in the freezer to cool down. thinking that by doing so it will prevent it from heating up really fast.
Every two days?! Woah, you must have got through a lot of those!

Well, two or three years ago I got a brand new iPod Touch. It worked great for a few months, but then it suddenly overheated, literally to the point where I couldn't touch it because it burned my fingers. I picked it up with a towel and put it in a Tupperware box and then put it in the freezer to cool down. I had hoped that it would be okay - it would stay dry in the box but cool down and still work. But it was broken. :(

However, because it was still under guarantee I got a free replacement. :)

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Every two days?! Woah, you must have got through a lot of those!

Well it was the first and only console i owned back then.

I am one of those students that at the end of the year return the books to school because they are not useful anymore. But when i was in 7th and 8th grade. I used to soak some of the books of the subjects that gave me a hard time in water and then put them in the freezer and then hand them to the principle with a big smile.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
I once tried by that method to put HDD to freezer, yep that one who died on me or rather had that infamous Click Of Death thing but well this not so much helped, sad as i had there many things even games i liked on it

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I sometimes put beer in the freezer for 10 minutes but if I forget about it, beer is ruined and that's no bueno.

Other than that, I just freeze normal stuff. Pizza, ravioli, bread, espresso beans, imported body parts, assets, meats, etc.

Everyone google 241543903. Then explain to me why there are all those heads in freezers.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I sometimes put beer in the freezer for 10 minutes but if I forget about it, beer is ruined and that's no bueno.
Ruined because the can or bottle breaks, or does something else happen to it?

I do the same with beer, soda, anything that needs to be cooled fast.

I know many people also put things in a freezer to kill bed bugs and other pests.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I keep my copy of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre in the freezer for... obvious reasons.

d8c68b32b2359d9d432b4484c8e37aad.png

Gotta keep it fresh!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Things (usually food) age extremely slowly in a deep freezer. I wonder if sleeping in the freezer could be a way to age at half speed, in other words double the life span.
I've not put myself in the freezer just yet, it's too full of evidence and dirty money.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Things (usually food) age extremely slowly in a deep freezer. I wonder if sleeping in the freezer could be a way to age at half speed, in other words double the life span.
I've not put myself in the freezer just yet, it's too full of evidence and dirty money.

A body would probably age as well as ground beef in the freezer, and more than likely a person would die in deep freeze without some kind of life support system.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
It's not that food "ages" more slowly. Frozen food isn't edible to the bacteria and fungus that are responsible for "rotting." That's why it does not begin to break down while frozen. Ever do a lab in biology where you apply heat to a culture of bacteria to make it grow faster? An absence of heat has the opposite effect. They move slowly and even die in extreme freezing cold.

We can freeze people and preserve them perfectly. It's restoring life to the preserved body as it thaws that's tricky. The closest thing we've ever done is with a fibrillator but even that requires most of the body to be at it's proper temperature, even mostly functioning. It can restore a heartbeat but only if the heartbeat is just about the only thing missing. We'll probably learn how to genetically engineer an entirely new species from the ground up before we learn how to unfreeze one and have it come out living.

Top Bottom