• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Show me your face

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Had my hair dyed today. :)

10947665_10152609795222647_1283924098_n.jpg

You're so pretty! You look like my friend, who everybody I know says she's the best looking person they ever met. When she quit one of her jobs, half of the other workers quit because they didn't get to see her every day anymore. xD

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
People really left for that reason?
That's actually really common in the job world. It's not just the job itself, but the environment. I've seen people quit quite often when other people leave or get fired. Hell, it happened to me. When I left my job, 4 others walked out because they wouldn't have any other supervisor...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The USA must be a real paradise if you can just quit your job for such a silly reason (and presumably find another one right away). Here, you would be living on the streets in no time.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The USA must be a real paradise if you can just quit your job for such a silly reason (and presumably find another one right away). Here, you would be living on the streets in no time.
It would be the same here. Jobs are so scarce that if you get one you've gotta cling to it with both hands. If you want alternative employment you have to try and search for it whilst still working. I've known people quit and regret it because they spend a year in unemployment searching for a new job.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Exactly. My sister and I have more than enough reasons to quit our current jobs in the world of the living, but won't do so until we find something else. Now she's been looking for another job for almost three years... Imagine what would have happened if she had just quit. In my case it's "only" three months, but still.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Reminds me of an episode of mystery diners I saw.
This woman was jealous over a breakup with someone she dated in the same restraunt
It turned out she was purposely turning customers away from him. She was being flirty with customers and tried to give them freebies but when they rejected her she charged them for her generosity.
She told a new girl to quit because a customer was.interested more in new girl than her
Then she made a big scene with her ex and threw a drink in his face in the middle of the restraunt even though he didn't do anything

Reactions: Jen

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Everyone in the USA likes to say how bad our job market it, but it's a load of self-pity bullsh*t. Our job market is fine. The problem is how lazy our population is. I have had 9 jobs in 4 years. Jobs are easy to come by. I get bored of one, jump to another. Now I have a family, so that's finally over, but the point is, yeah, the job market here is a ok if the people were't so arrogant and lazy...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
That's actually really common in the job world. It's not just the job itself, but the environment. I've seen people quit quite often when other people leave or get fired.
That's totally different. When the front desk manager at the hotel I used to work at left for another position, half his staff left within 6 months (given, he took some of his staff with him which isn't entirely legal but whatevs) because they were loyal to him and couldn't work there without him. But they left only once they had another job to go to... because bills exist and we can't pay them without a paycheque.

There's a difference between leaving because the workplace culture changed dramatically and up and walking out because the prettiest girl on the floor quit.

And I also wanted to comment on your 'the job market has been great for me, so it must be great for everybody else' spiel. This doesn't reflect a very deep understanding of employment or labour issues. The economy of a city is greatly tied to the nature of whatever industries are most prevalent. For instance - I worked in Niagara Falls from the time I was 17 to 24. There's two industries in Niagara Falls - there's energy, and there's tourism. Niagara Falls consistently has the worst unemployment rates in Ontario because the work is largely seasonal. There's lots of jobs and lots of money from May to August... and then it's a ghost town. Thousands of people are laid off due to no fault of their own and suddenly the job market is extremely competitive again. Each job posting receives 200+ applications. These people aren't lazy - heck, I was one of them once and I consider myself a workaholic.

Similarly, the town I lived in, which was about 20 minutes away had a great economy and very low levels of unemployment... and then what happened? Walmart came in and within two years I would say about 80% of the small, local businesses closed their doors because they couldn't compete. So, now everyone who lost their job competes for jobs at Walmart, which are precarious and low paid in comparison to the jobs they had at small businesses, and the ones who don't fit have to work in Niagara Falls. It's not about being lazy. Sometimes, people are just unfortunate.

Back to Maddy's friend - Honestly, that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. And creepy as hell. But I suppose it's better for the establishment they left though - if this job was so meaningless to them that they'd quit because some chick did, they shouldn't be there in the first place.

--

But sorry, this is incredibly off-topic so we should probably snap back at it now. Get it... snap... like taking pictures?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Everyone in the USA likes to say how bad our job market it, but it's a load of self-pity bullsh*t. Our job market is fine. The problem is how lazy our population is. I have had 9 jobs in 4 years. Jobs are easy to come by. I get bored of one, jump to another. Now I have a family, so that's finally over, but the point is, yeah, the job market here is a ok if the people were't so arrogant and lazy...
Yeah man, I know a guy who's had a job since he was 12. He has his body covered in piercings, and several tattoos, and he still hasn't had a problem with finding a job.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
People really left for that reason?

Yup. They found other ways to make the owner look bad that they were fine with before. They lied about tons of stuff too.

That's totally different. When the front desk manager at the hotel I used to work at left for another position, half his staff left within 6 months (given, he took some of his staff with him which isn't entirely legal but whatevs) because they were loyal to him and couldn't work there without him. But they left only once they had another job to go to... because bills exist and we can't pay them without a paycheque.

There's a difference between leaving because the workplace culture changed dramatically and up and walking out because the prettiest girl on the floor quit.

Honestly, that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. And creepy as hell. But I suppose it's better for the establishment they left though - if this job was so meaningless to them that they'd quit because some chick did, they shouldn't be there in the first place.

--

But sorry, this is incredibly off-topic so we should probably snap back at it now. Get it... snap... like taking pictures?

It's insanely creepy and stupid. It was mostly the people that had been hired when she already worked there that quit. That makes it creepier.

Okay yeah, totally off-topic now. I would post a picture, but I don't have any good ones of me and I feel weird taking selfies.

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
Geez , you looks like Oona Chaplin! :D ("Game of Thrones" fans know what I mean ;) )
Unfortunatly i don´t know who that is , but i suppose it´s a compliment. =P
And i´m not a" Game of thrones fan"....yet. XD
I might acctually buy the series sometime.

Top Bottom