• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 REVIEWS....

DarkJackal

This game doesn't deserve a 3/10 or 4.5/10. All the game lacks is a final
layer of polish. And the gameplay ain't THAT bad. I actually love it. The level designs are amazing.

This game has a lot of content. Sure, its $60, but for what you get, it''s worth every penny (content-wise).
Its not just about content. Quality over quantity.

Anyway. Saddens me what RE has become.

*plays RE3*

Hoady

I will try rent it tonight. Watched a few reviews. Game looks good with a lot of variety but maybe so much variety that it doesn't know where it wants to go. Capcom looks like they did hard to please all the fans which is admirable. Surprised how mixed all the reviews are.

Solidabd

I will try rent it tonight. Watched a few reviews. Game looks good with a lot of variety but maybe so much variety that it doesn't know where it wants to go. Capcom looks like they did hard to please all the fans which is admirable. Surprised how mixed all the reviews are.
Dont even waste your money and time , the more i play this game the more i hate it..

DarkJackal

Just popped back to this forum show you guys something that I think is crap:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/resident-evil-6
The user scores are destroying RE6, I mean I haven't played the game, I watched a playthrough and don't like the game much, but it doesn't deserve this.
What makes it undeserving? The time and money spent on making it? No. Putting that into a product doesn't automatically = good. You haven't even played it >.>, and just said you don't like it from just videos lol.

For a Resident Evil game I think its plenty deserving. For what its become it needs to be destroyed, and RE needs to be given the games it deserves.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
i can't help but be amused of all the negative and low rating scores, in which prove that Haters will always Hate . Ha (anyways i am "still" getting it, two hours from now, to be exacto) :p oh Yesssssssssss

So they are automatically "haters" if they do not like something the same as you?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.;)

Sound reasoning you have there.

So it would be ok for me to call everyone who likes the game "asskissers"?

Just trying to get the rules down here.

Seba5

It's not worse than a 7 IMO. It's too action oriented and grand for it's own good. I think Capcom was trying too hard to make it some big masterpiece, but instead of 4 stories/games in one game, they should have just focused on one story. I'm still going to buy it either way.

I miss the old survival horror games, but I didn't mind RE being more action oriented. RE4 wasn't really that scary, but it had its moments. Somethings were over the top, but overall the action wasn't too over the top. RE5 was a step in the wrong direction. There's no reason to have a car chase, and a big fight in a volcano in a RE game. It wasn't a huge critical success like 4, but it sold well. So Capcom wanted to make it even more action oriented to appeal to the casual audience.

So either way, bad reviews or not, this game is going to sell well.
Hopefully the next game will be more horror based, and less of a Gears of War wannabe.

leathaface99

It's not worse than a 7 IMO. It's too action oriented and grand for it's own good. I think Capcom was trying too hard to make it some big masterpiece, but instead of 4 stories/games in one game, they should have just focused on one story. I'm still going to buy it either way.

I miss the old survival horror games, but I didn't mind RE being more action oriented. RE4 wasn't really that scary, but it had its moments. Somethings were over the top, but overall the action wasn't too over the top. RE5 was a step in the wrong direction. There's no reason to have a car chase, and a big fight in a volcano in a RE game. It wasn't a huge critical success like 4, but it sold well. So Capcom wanted to make it even more action oriented to appeal to the casual audience.

So either way, bad reviews or not, this game is going to sell well.
Hopefully the next game will be more horror based, and less of a Gears of War wannabe.

As a survival horror fan and fan of the old RE games I started with Leon's campaign. I am in CH 3 and although I will admit their is some action elements in it, but I have not been dissapointed it definately has more scary moments the RE 4 and 5.

zeroskaterz92

So Capcom wanted to make it even more action oriented to appeal to the casual audience.
the plot itself is a worldwide outbreak. what do you expect? some slow paced gameplay while the world is on hell, death everywhere? it's a pure logical thinking about outbreak, there will be action, survival, destruction, etc.
RE always have been action oriented from the beginning.

the game has sub-story for each character but the main overall plot is about the outbreak. wouldn't it be too dumb if the game is just focused on one story knowing that each of the characters background are still unanswered?
imagine that the game just focused on the outbreak without telling us anything about the whole Carla and Ada / Jake and Chris about Wesker.

everyone knows that RE is story wise not gameplay wise.

Seba5

the plot itself is a worldwide outbreak. what do you expect? some slow paced gameplay while the world is on hell, death everywhere? it's a pure logical thinking about outbreak, there will be action, survival, destruction, etc.
RE always have been action oriented from the beginning.

the game has sub-story for each character but the main overall plot is about the outbreak. wouldn't it be too dumb if the game is just focused on one story knowing that each of the characters background are still unanswered?
imagine that the game just focused on the outbreak without telling us anything about the whole Carla and Ada / Jake and Chris about Wesker.

everyone knows that RE is story wise not gameplay wise.
I understand your point, but not like this. I've gotten to chapter 3 in Leon's game, and so far there's been a ton of bus crashes, helicopter crashes, and explosions. It's definitely more action packed than standing in one sport shooting a zombie with a couple handgun bullets in a hallway. The old games are definitely a lot slower lol.

It's not the story I'm talking about; it's the gameplay. There's too much kick zombie, press A, and jump across things in this game. The QTE can be really annoying. I'm enjoying this game so far, but at times it can get repetitive. A common criticism I hear about this game is that the level design is similar in every story, and people repeat the same parts like fighting that giant monster. That's kind of what I meant by having too many things going on. I haven't played the other scenarios yet, so I can't say, but that's what I've read.

The story is excellent, but the game play has some flaws.

Seba5

As a survival horror fan and fan of the old RE games I started with Leon's campaign. I am in CH 3 and although I will admit their is some action elements in it, but I have not been dissapointed it definately has more scary moments the RE 4 and 5.

Yah Leon's story has been really cool. The atmosphere has been great. The criticism of this game has been more on Chris and Jack's story though.

zeroskaterz92

I understand your point, but not like this. I've gotten to chapter 3 in Leon's game, and so far there's been a ton of bus crashes, helicopter crashes, and explosions. It's definitely more action packed than standing in one sport shooting a zombie with a couple handgun bullets in a hallway. The old games are definitely a lot slower lol.

It's not the story I'm talking about; it's the gameplay. There's too much kick zombie, press A, and jump across things in this game. The QTE can be really annoying. I'm enjoying this game so far, but at times it can get repetitive. A common criticism I hear about this game is that the level design is similar in every story, and people repeat the same parts like fighting that giant monster. That's kind of what I meant by having too many things going on. I haven't played the other scenarios yet, so I can't say, but that's what I've read.

The story is excellent, but the game play is decent.

Just because RE isn't know for it's gameplay doesn't mean the gameplay should be a problem.
they already stated long ago that the game will share the same scene between each segment, you gonna have to play it again but only with different character. also, you already in chapter 3, which is half of the campaign which also means that the plot is in the climax. understand how the plot works, climax usually have a lot of actions sequence.

every game has its flaws correct?
so yes, some part gets repetitive. what makes you think other games don't get repetitive? even classic RE have tons of repetitive things (mostly collecting A and B to get to C) but that's not necessary a bad thing. QTE isn't really a problem, since the previous two has a lot of QTE as well. heck, there are other games that have so much worse QTE than this.

let the critics be, not all of them are RE fans. sometimes they just review it cuz they wanna bash it, some are just starting to play RE game.
don't give a **** about the criticism. you might think that the game is great but the critics say otherwise.
you play it, you finish the game, and you judge it yourself.

Seba5

they already stated long ago that the game will share the same scene between each segment, you gonna have to play it again but only with different character. also, you already in chapter 3, which is half of the campaign which also means that the plot is in the climax. understand how the plot works, climax usually have a lot of actions sequence.

every game has its flaws correct?
so yes, some part gets repetitive. what makes you think other games don't get repetitive? even classic RE have tons of repetitive things (mostly collecting A and B to get to C) but that's not necessary a bad thing. QTE isn't really a problem, since the previous two has a lot of QTE as well. heck, there are other games that have so much worse QTE than this.

let the critics be, not all of them are RE fans. sometimes they just review it cuz they wanna bash it, some are just starting to play RE game.
don't give a **** about the criticism. you might think that the game is great but the critics say otherwise.
you play it, you finish the game, and you judge it yourself.

I think there's too much QTE and over the top action, but that's me. Either than that, I agree with everything you said. We all have different opinions, and different tastes. We'll agree to disagree. :)

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
So they are automatically "haters" if they do not like something the same as you?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.;)

Sound reasoning you have there.

So it would be ok for me to call everyone who likes the game "asskissers"?

Just trying to get the rules down here.

sure, you can call whatever you desire to call them (it won't affect me) :p

Solidabd

sure, you can call whatever you desire to call them (it won't affect me) :p
Now the question is in which group you belong Nashtalia ? For me hmm let see i love RE i played almost every game watched every single movie but i hate this game so much,so that puts me in ......... Asshater
Im an asshater deal with it ok :|

krogoth

i think most of the criticism is the change from horor to action in the evolution of the game if in the univers of RE there was an out break then it would start out as a horror in a maintain then eventually spred to a town and then a country or two and then the world and as it progressed it would be less scary and more kill sh** but really what i think most of the people that dont like it are saying is they had to high of expectation and for some resone did not expect it to change...... really every game is going to be different i am a lover of the original RE 1,2,3,0 and VX but 4 and 5 had elements i really liked and now 6 has things the others did not it is a good game the deviation between the new generation of RE games and the new RE ones is when 4 was made and after that people where just deluding them selves if they where expecting for the games to be more horer based insted of action based and the poeple that are really giving bad reviews of RE 6 are the old school RE fans not the new fan base.

and yes i still love all the RE 0-6 and all the crazy spin offs

zeroskaterz92

i think most of the criticism is in the evolution of the game if in the univers of RE there was an out break then it would start out as a horror in a maintain then eventually spred to a town and then a country or two and then the world and as it progressed it would be less scary and more kill sh** but really what i think most of the people that dont like it are saying is they had to high of expectation and for some resone did not expect it to change...... really every game is going to be different i am a lover of the original RE 1,2,3,0 and VX but 4 and 5 had elements i really liked and now 6 has things the others did not it is a good game the deviation between the new generation of RE games and the new RE ones is when 4 was made and after that people where just deluding them selves if they where expecting for the games to be more horer based insted of action based and the poeple that are really giving bad reviews of RE 6 are the old school RE fans not the new fan base.
i guess those people are too dumb to know about viruses or they just never pay any attention on science class. virus always change 'cause it doesn't have a constant molecule. RE always been about viruses/infection/experiment, these type of thing doesn't remain the same.
i really wouldn't play RE if the franchise stays the same from RE to RE6 (that includes all the spin-off) with the TANK controls, can't walk & shoot at the same time, same character model with different skins, pre-rendered background.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
After an agonizingly lame first hour, this game's starting to pick up, at least for Leon's campaign.

It's not really "survival-horror" (even less so than Revelations), but there's some nice nods to the old style. Like chasing a vicious dog to get a key (taken from REmake.) And the atmosphere is pretty scary and cool.
Speaking of dogs, they're still annoying as hell. Good to see some things in RE never changes.

Also, Mercenaries is amazing. I love how smooth and agile the dodging is.

Top Bottom