• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I have a bit of good news for those of you who were disheartened by the Resi 7 E3 trailer: Capcom confirmed during the aforementioned Twitch feed that the playable demo is just a tech demo/teaser meant to set the tone and NOT part of the actual game much like the Silent Hills P.T.

Great news, and really not all that surprising seeing how it literally looked like a carbon copy of the P.T. Hell, Kojima probably gave them the assets after Konami fired him like the pretentious assholes they've sadly become, LOL. Notice how it uses the exact same textures as the P.T. and blatantly ripped it off 7 ways from Sunday.

Seriously:

Screenshot_2016-06-14-01-29-08_zpseomnorts.png

lPEzG5m.jpg

Capcom also hired one of the main devs from Konami to work on the game, no doubt that may have also factored into the decision.

That being said, if it (and by that, I mean the actual game) really is gonna be in first person, I wish they'd give us a 3rd person option or at least a zoom out feature at bare minimum, though I seem to be one of the few actually willing to give it a chance and play it first before judging. Even after they said there's NOT gonna be any ghosts or paranormal **** in the game itself, the trolls in the comment section still bitched and moaned about them copying Silent Hills, bunch of whiners.

slack

I have a bit of good news for those of you who were disheartened by the Resi 7 E3 trailer: Capcom confirmed during the aforementioned Twitch feed that the playable demo is just a tech demo/teaser meant to set the tone and NOT part of the actual game much like the Silent Hills P.T.

Great news, and really not all that surprising seeing how it literally looked like a carbon copy of the P.T. Hell, Kojima probably gave them the assets after Konami fired him like the pretentious assholes they've sadly become, LOL. Notice how it uses the exact same textures as the P.T. and blatantly ripped it off 7 ways from Sunday.

That's pretty reassuring. Paranormal aspects don't belong in RE. It should be biological terror through and through.

Also, I doubt Kojima gave them anything considering he has Death Stranding.

That being said, if it (and by that, I mean the actual game) really is gonna be in first person, I wish they'd give us a 3rd person option or at least a zoom out feature at bare minimum, though I seem to be one of the few actually willing to give it a chance and play it first before judging. Even after they said there's NOT gonna be any ghosts or paranormal **** in the game itself, the trolls in the comment section still bitched and moaned about them copying Silent Hills, bunch of whiners.

I'm not exactly thrilled to see Resident Evil go the first person route either, but I am overly joyous that they're returning to survival horror and I know that first person POV works very well in that genre so I'm a lot more lenient and accepting about it. Personally, I would have liked them to see them go in a more "The Last of Us" direction in terms of mobility and weapons system, but again, I'm not turned off by the first person POV because I'm getting what I wanted -- a return to survival horror.

meg5493

What I want to know ,which I don't think anyone on here's talked about, is if going back in time to affect the future will be in the main game for puzzles and such. That was a neat concept especially since we do it with a vhs tape we find and I'd like to see it down again.

IntoxNitram

Found an interview on RE7 with Capcom devs that you guys might find interesting ;)
Yeah that's the stream I mentioned previously (content explained in a post on previous page). The community manager for Resident Evil has also filmed an interview apparently and suggests people watch it when it lands to find out more about the characters we know and love... so when that comes out hopefully we know more.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Yeah that's the stream I mentioned previously (content explained in a post on previous page). The community manager for Resident Evil has also filmed an interview apparently and suggests people watch it when it lands to find out more about the characters we know and love... so when that comes out hopefully we know more.
Looking forward to it ;)

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Yeah to those who are concerned I'm pretty sure there will be weapons and stuff in the game. Saying the old combat will return and what have you seems to imply that.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the connection to PT as far as like the actual game? The idea of using a short demo as a promo for the actual game, yeah that feels ripped from PT, although there was the whole Kitchen thing, but idk when that was. But as far as the actual game, like the only connection I could see was that it was scary and first person. The setting reminded me way more of RE4 than PT, and that came first and was made by Capcom. The style of the gameplay is different too. Beginning Hour is about survival, kind of. It's hard to really get a feel for it considering how short it was, but that seemed like the gist. But PT is a puzzle game with a horror coat of paint where you have to find the trick to unlock the next hallway. I mean they were both focusing on trying to escape, but PT was very clearly designed as a puzzle game, and BH didn't really feel that way. Also there's the fact that PT was psychological whereas BH was just about real stuff. Not a whole lot of similarities, apart from the fact that they both used tropes that existed well before PT.
What I want to know ,which I don't think anyone on here's talked about, is if going back in time to affect the future will be in the main game for puzzles and such. That was a neat concept especially since we do it with a vhs tape we find and I'd like to see it down again.
Yeah I thought that was pretty cool too. It seemed like a neat mechanic that could be put to use at some point.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Fenris
These are good points. It's just that both games were shown off last E3. One to the public, the other to just the press. I can't see how one can be ripping off the other if they were both playable for the first time at the same time. That just doesn't seem physically possible to me.

We've had a lot of people speak about their experiences of "Project Kitchen". A lot of it seemed familiar. Though we didn't see a fire or the lady cut her tongue by licking the blade or something like that. I believe that's what people were saying if I were to be correct.

svp

Anybody else notice the Blair Witch reference when Andre was facing the wall on the video tape? It looked like it. Also that photo did look a lot like Moira or Rebecca but the house seems out dated so idk.

IntoxNitram

Purely imagination, but it would be awesome if Rebecca was kidnapped by someone restarting Umbrella, or a corporation like that - and your like a family member or something who goes hunting for her yourself after you realise she won't be found otherwise. That way you would be a vulnerable person, it would have at Ieast one resident evil character in and you would have motivation. When reaching the mansion, after finding that's where she was taken, you find out bioterrorism experiements are taking place and must survive and try to find Rebecca. You could use that to explain why the person would be poorly equipped.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Has anyone noticed that there are two doors leading outside of the cabin? The one they got in is white solid door and the one you get out from is red with glass panel.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I can't really wait for January, or at least October, December when we'll probably have more details on how Resident Evil 7 will be...I'm pretty sad that it's confirmed that there won't be any characters from previous games, that is Leon, Chris, Jill...etc tho even they said to expect some easter eggs in game at least, gives indication that someone will make appearance, but I doubt it will be any of main characters, the only onew ho could make appearance in RE7 is Rebecca Chambers, as she will be in new CGI movie Resident Evil Vendetta, coming out 2017 (She is 100% confirmed to be in movie) That's all, but if there's nobody from earlier games, I have no idea how am I going to be able to play it WITH RE feel to it, at this point, even tho demo isn't part of the main game, it doesn't feel like RE at all.

IntoxNitram

We could see another series come out also, or the characters just be split off into Revelations. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw mini episodic games with all of the different characters alongside the new main series, Revelations and Umbrella Corps.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
BUT xD Barry Burton's house isn't in Wilderness in Lousiana

The Burtons live in Canada xD Though it could be Natalia.... errr I mean Alex xD I have no idea how she got there though. Unless she's the one controlling the experiment and is ****ing with people for fun. The main theme of this game is "fear". Of course that could mean nothing. It's ironic how one of the locations with the girl is in a room with dolls hanging down from the ceiling.

Also I think Capcom is just saying that we won't be seeing past characters in the game. They claimed that the game will clearly be current canon with ties to the past games. Did they say no characters, or none of the heroes?

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
Did they say no characters, or none of the heroes?

This is what they said exactly;
"And when I asked would we see any familiar faces – Chris, Jill, Leon – or the nefarious Umbrella Corp?

"Basically no. It’s a whole new set of characters and situations," said Kawata, who has worked on the franchise since 2005's Resident Evil 4. But he did say, "There could be some interesting surprises in store as well." So expect there to be some easter eggs in there at least."

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
This is what they said exactly;
"And when I asked would we see any familiar faces – Chris, Jill, Leon – or the nefarious Umbrella Corp?

"Basically no. It’s a whole new set of characters and situations," said Kawata, who has worked on the franchise since 2005's Resident Evil 4. But he did say, "There could be some interesting surprises in store as well." So expect there to be some easter eggs in there at least."

Well, that's kinda a let down. I'll admit I was willing to give the FPP a chance, but this is a huge turn off for me. I was hoping we'd at least get the lore from the previous games, if not as playable characters, then at least feature them in cutscenes FFS! DLC side stories like the RE5 Lost in Nightmares featuring some of the old cast would be nice, too. Why not just reboot the series if the old characters aren't gonna be in any way connected to this game (which he already said it's not a reboot and is part of the canonical storyline from the previous games)? Seriously, that's like creating a new Hitman game without Agent 47 or new MGS game without Snake in it. Jill at least deserved to be in this game, her fallout from RE5 after being Wesker's unwilling test subject for years is way too big a story to just let slip through the cracks. They could've built all kinds of intriguing storylines around that, and they choose to ignore it? Plus, she's been completely absent 2 games in a row now, plenty long enough for one of, if not their most popular main character. They even teased her being in the game in the Barry e-mail file in Revelations 2, only to pull the rug from underneath us! WTF, Capcom?

Hell, both Jill and Claire have some unfinished business with the Weskers after Natalex. They're seriously gonna push that off to the wayside? I seriously hope Kawata is trolling on this one (which he might be if the Turo screencaps are any indication).

Again, I ain't even mad about the FPP, THIS is what I'm concerned about. The characters didn't need fixing in the previous games, hell, they were the only intriguing aspect of 5 and 6! Unlike in the original trilogy, they actually gave the original cast developed backstories to boot, and now they want to change the one thing that didn't need to be changed? FFS, ever hear of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it?" Same with turning Dante into an emo douche in the DmC reboot that nobody asked for!

Last edited:
Top Bottom