• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I can definitely see where you're coming from, and I get why you'd have reservations, especially considering it seems to be a completely different direction for the series, which could either be a good thing, or fail horribly. We barely know anything about the game yet so it makes sense to be skeptical, but saying things like "biggest letdown ever" and all of the things Hellboy said to indicate a feeling of, for lack of a better phrase, utter betrayal, don't indicate to me cautious optimism. It sounds more like giving up on the game without even giving it a chance. That is just the way I interpreted it, so if that wasn't your intention then that's on me. But I will say that based on what they've given us this far it's really difficult to determine anything one way or another.

I'm not being cautiously optimistic. I've seen enough and know enough to know that I'm sorely let down. That won't change ever. This isn't what I want from Resident Evil. That doesn't mean I won't play it or give it a chance or at least hope for some kind of semblance to the Resident Evil franchise. I'm just no longer excited for it. If I like what I play, it's because it's still a good game, it's just not Resident Evil and I want Resident Evil. This is what I've always said about Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6 but those games at least had tons of elements from the original games that kept it familiar despite how different it was.

@Turo602

These are from the trailer. I took a few as well, but I want to play the demo first xD and I need to upload them. Though I wanted to ask. Picture 1 and 5... were those in the trailer? Or did you actually take in game screenshots with a lot of them from the trailer? :p

Yeah, they're all from the trailer. I don't have a PS4 so I can't play the demo. I tried getting images of scenes that flashed too quickly and things that just looked interesting just in case anyone wanted to study them or speculate.

Edit: Just saw the demo on YouTube and it looks like this game is definitely going to shed some light on The Family.

Last edited:

e_etu

Soram ~
Still upset :/ I hoped something like re5 cuz it was my first re game and i loved it :( I hate first person games

Turo602

The King of Kings
I find it odd how they have spent 4 years now and this trailer is what they have to show.
It doesn't really show...anything?

They spent 4 years dicking around. Also, I fail to see how exactly they got this modern day cheap PC horror experience from The Last of Us and Tomb Raider... their supposed inspiration for this game.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
This... is not Resident Evil, and that's really disheartening. If the actual game is what this demo/teaser is, it appears Capcom have finally found the formula to turn me away from the series I've loved non stop for the last two decades. Not one of the things that sparked my love this series is present in that demo, and more than that (as if that weren't enough), first-person is an absolute deal breaker for me for health reasons. I have a strange inner-ear disorder that presents itself not only through hearing loss, but through intense vestibular migraines.

I have never been able to play or watch something in first-person for more than a couple of minutes without triggering one, and they can last for minutes, hours, or even days. I don't even care what the story's about at this point. It isn't worth that feeling. So, if RE7 does turn out to be like what we've seen (and all signs point to that absolutely being the case), I believe I've bought my last RE title whether I like it or not.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Yeah, they're all from the trailer. I don't have a PS4 so I can't play the demo. I tried getting images of scenes that flashed too quickly and things that just looked interesting just in case anyone wanted to study them or speculate.

Edit: Just saw the demo on YouTube and it looks like this game is definitely going to shed some light on The Family.

I'm on my second play through right now. Found something that I didn't the first time and it was right there. If you do certain things... certain things happen. This is the creepiest game I've ever played, far more ****ed than PT, minus the baby... but the cries are here. I literally feel like I'm 14 again playing Resident Evil for the first time.

Looking at the pre-order bonus. It gives early access to DLC that are 4 separate stories. So I'm guess the game has a lot of different short stories. I'm sorry that a lot of you guys don't like it. It's pretty ****ing awesome. I was a little conflicted when they showed it at first, but then I realised all the hints over the past 2 years and I kind of expected this to happen. I just wasn't sure it would be first person, I kind of figured it after "Project Kitchen" was talked about. So I wasn't caught of guard at all. As soon as that first item was picked up in the announcement trailer. I called it. Yes, it's different, but like RE4. It's the breath of fresh air the series needs.

Oh and btw. UMBRELLA IS BACK!! WHAT THE ****?! *fist pumps* I didn't see that coming!

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Makes me think about when they revealed re.net for re6, then eventually stopped bothering.
Then they remade re6 for next gen consoles with no support at all for it heh.

I havnt seen the demo yet as I'm at work, I will probably look at it later maybe.

Donchezeri

This is probably a real stretch, but I was just thinking about the song Capcom played with this trailer specially "Everybody is Dead" is it possible they have done away with all of the previous main characters?

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I've been a fan of this game for 20 years buddy. I've been pulling for capcom to do this ever since that failed abortion RE4 came around and put MY beloved franchise into a downward spiral.
i have also been a fan since day one.. I love Resident evil 4 . Different strokes for different folks I guess? I hate first person horror games that flood the market with their running away and hiding mechanics and this being resident evil has destroyed my faith in the series for good

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
This is probably a real stretch, but I was just thinking about the song Capcom played with this trailer specially "Everybody is Dead" is it possible they have done away with all of the previous main characters?

That's what I was thinking too. And it help me accept that I don't know the guy who appears to be the playable character. What if he actually got to fight Chris, Jill, etc. in a mutated form...?

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
This... is not Resident Evil, and that's really disheartening. If the actual game is what this demo/teaser is, it appears Capcom have finally found the formula to turn me away from the series I've loved non stop for the last two decades. Not one of the things that sparked my love this series is present in that demo, and more than that (as if that weren't enough), first-person is an absolute deal breaker for me for health reasons. I have a strange inner-ear disorder that presents itself not only through hearing loss, but through intense vestibular migraines.

I have never been able to play or watch something in first-person for more than a couple of minutes without triggering one, and they can last for minutes, hours, or even days. I don't even care what the story's about at this point. It isn't worth that feeling. So, if RE7 does turn out to be like what we've seen (and all signs point to that absolutely being the case), I believe I've bought my last RE title whether I like it or not.
sorry about your ear and i feel the same way .. i was also hoping for a new evil within game too.. disappointment

Donchezeri

That's what I was thinking too. And it help me accept that I don't know the guy who appears to be the playable character. What if he actually got to fight Chris, Jill, etc. in a mutated form...?

I mean honestly I wouldn't even see the point of calling it RE7 if that was the case. You might as well
just call it RE:Biohazard or something if you are going to sever all ties from previous entries

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I just thought.
What if gameplay is like silent hill 4?

For those who don't know the games apartment ( hub / safe area) is in first person. As the game goes on you'll have to avoid coming back to this place as it becomes deadly if you don't know how to deal with it.
The rest of the game is normal 3Rd person.

If the full game is 1st person constantly like the demo than I would find it boring in the long run.
If it was certain story segments which were 1St person I think the mixture of them both could be very interesting

Last edited:

Strafer

Church bells...!? Are you kidding me!?
This is absolutely not what I wanted.

It's like they were working on RE7 and then scratched everything and made PT 2.0

Disappointed as hell.

black 93

Ok you know what? Upon seeing the trailer, i was very disappointed. But after sitting down and playing the teaser, im excited as hell. Yes it's very very different, no it's certainly not what any of us were expecting, but im so curious about this game now. It was pretty scary, opening that microwave and seeing what was inside... Damn. And "the family"... I really wanna play more of this. I just hope in future trailers we see some established RE characters somewhere but other than that... Roll on January.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I just thought.
What if gameplay is like silent hill 4?

For those who don't know the games apartment ( hub / safe area) is in first person. As the game goes on you'll have to avoid coming back to this place as it becomes deadly if you don't know how to deal with it.
The rest of the game is normal 3Rd person.

If the full game is 1st person constantly like the demo than I would find it boring in the long run.
If it was certain story segments which were 1St person I think the mixture of them both could be very interesting

They've said that the game is gonna be playable with PlaystationVR from beginninng to end, so I doubt it.

I hope we aren't gonna go through the game getting random VR gimmicks thrown at us like when 3D became a big thing.

Top Bottom