• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Redemption

Levan

Polkka. lol
Part 9: Her Story

----------------------------------
Part 9: Her Story
----------------------------------​
Rebecca Chambers...

Rebecca sat down on one of the chairs in the room she was in, exhausted from running away from this "Nemesis". She barely got out of there alive.

She had no choice but to find a different route, it was too dangerous to try and follow Matthew and Claire now.

On the corner of her eye, she saw a shadow, walking in the hall she was in. She prepared her gun, ready to shoot it down.

"Don't shoot! It's me Rebecca!"

Rebecca looked at the man in front of her. It was Walter, one of her team mates.

"Walter? How did you get here?"

"I have no idea. We crashed, remember? What the hell is this place anyway? And why is this place full of those zombies that were in Raccoon City before?"

"I don't know either, I'm still trying to find the others. Have you seen them anywhere?"

"I've been searching through this place and I couldn't even find a damn human, until I saw you."

"We should search for them, and also there are two other people here except us, but we got seperated a while ago."

"Alright, let's go." Walter headed towards the room she was in, the power room.

"Don't go in there, trust me. Something is in there that you sure wouldn't want to mess around with," Rebecca warned Walter.

Rebecca and Walter then went on together through the path that Walter has been through, hoping to find another way out.

They met various enemies inside of the unsearched rooms, but the both of them were able to eliminate them all too easily. In Rebecca’s mind, her top priority was to save one of her dear friends, or what she could call her mentor in her team. Since Walter’s still alive, there’s still a possible chance that the others may have survived the crash.

A sudden crash made both Rebecca and Walter jump. Something went through the ceiling from behind them, and it wasn’t human.

Once Rebecca recognized what it was, she knew the only thing they could do.

“Run!”

They ran as fast as they could away from Nemesis. It followed fast, it was moving with lightning speed as it crept up on Walter and slammed him. Walter fell unconscious, but Rebecca was still running. The creature didn’t care about Walter, it kept chasing Rebecca. It was after her instead.

Before long, Rebecca spotted a small gas canister a few meters in front of her. She quickly jumped into the room at the end of the path and fired at the gas canister, causing an explosion. Nemesis was caught in the explosion, and it screeched and screamed like a monster as it held its head. Rebecca was able to see the head of Nemesis now. His head wasn’t of a mutated being, but an experimented one.

After it stopped screaming, it quickly jumped onto the ceiling and went away. Rebecca was relieved.

Walter was running after both of them at that time.

“Rebecca! Are you alright? What the hell was that?!”

“I’m fine, and I don’t have time to explain. That creature could come back at any moment, and I wouldn’t want to be here when that happens.”

“Come on, I know where to go.” Walter entered the door on his left, and Rebecca had no choice but to follow him.

“We’re here,” said Walter as he opened a door. They were walking for a while, but now that they have arrived, Rebecca went inside before Walter, curious on what Walter wants to show her.

The room was dark. It was strange for Walter to not open the lights.

“Walter, could you open the lights please? I think we should search around here.”

“Sure.” Rebecca noticed an evil smirk, and she knew something wasn’t right. Light filled the room, but the only thing that Rebecca could notice was the dead bodies littered on the floor. She could clearly see that all of them were her teammates.

“Oh my god…” Before Rebecca could face Walter and ask him, Walter was suddenly in front of her, his handgun pointed directly at her chest.

“You know Rebecca, I’ve always been fond of you…” Walter brushed her face and smelled her hair like an addict. Rebecca could do nothing unless she wanted to get shot.

“Why…? Why did you have to do this?”

“It’s simple, really. They pay better. Plus, they give me the sense of respect though, unlike all of the others. But you…” Walter wrapped his arm around Rebecca’s body. “Beautiful…”

Rebecca couldn’t handle it anymore. She spat at his face. Walter brushed off the saliva off of his face, disgusted and annoyed.

“You want to die? Then you WILL die.” Walter raised his handgun and was ready to kill her. Rebecca wasn’t able to act fast enough, it was too late. She will suffer the same fate as all of her teammates.

But before Walter could fire, she heard the sound of the gunfire of a revolver right behind Walter. It was too late though, Walter pulled the trigger before the man was able to stop him. But, he misfired and shot Rebecca on her side, but it was so painful that she fell unto the ground.

Walter quickly hid on the corner of the room and returned fire.

The man also took cover with one of the tables and dragged Rebecca to safety, but before he could, Walter indirectly shot Rebecca’s arm. Rebecca screamed in pain.

The man returned fire and was able to shoot both of Walter’s arms. Even though he was pretty good with firearms, he wasn’t very good with cover.

The man carried Rebecca who was bleeding heavily from the wounds. He needed to find an infirmary somewhere here fast and stop the bleeding or else she’ll die. Rebecca was still barely conscious as he looked at the man who saved her, up until finally her sight faded away.

-

Rebecca woke up, she had the same nightmare she had back then during the Arklay Incident, something she hasn’t dreamt of for years. She was shaking, she painfully remembered everything what happened to her back then.

She then noticed a man coming towards her and gave her a glass of water. As she looked at his face, it seems that Barry, her mentor, was her mysterious savior.

“I never thought that I’d end up being the one who’ll patch up the medic.” He laughed and sat down on one of the chairs. They were in an infirmary, and Rebecca noticed a bandage wrapped in her arm and side.

“Thank you so much Barry. You saved my life.”

“Nah, it’s nothing. It’s not like I did anything serious. I am the leader after all, and my top priority is to keep you guys intact.”

Rebecca remembered their fallen team members, all died in the hands of a traitor.

“I’m sorry Barry, about the other-“

“Why are you apologizing for? I should be apologizing to you, I wasn’t there when all of you were in trouble, and now… I have six dead bodies to worry about. Or eight, if we count Derek and Walter. I still can’t believe how Walter would betray us like that. He’s been with me for three years. I never thought that this would ever happen.”

“I didn’t know either. We should’ve seen the signs.”

“He fooled us all, Rebecca. He fooled us all… But he wasn’t completely successful though. Both of us are still here, and our priority now is to get out as soon as we can.”

“Wait… Matthew! Claire! They’re still out there!”

“Claire? You mean…”

“Yes, she's Chris’ sister. They’re trying to save Sherry as well, we should try to find them first.”

“Then I guess we should start now.” Barry stood up from the chair and grabbed a first aid kit from one of the cabinets. “We’ll probably need this, just in case this little medic here gets hurt again.”

Rebecca snorted at him, but in her mind she was completely relieved that Barry was still alive, and thankful to him as well.

“Come on, let’s go.” Barry threw her handgun to her, and after reloading she stood up, ready to find Matthew and Claire. This time she won’t let both of them to die like the others.

Barry and Rebecca went through another path now. One thing’s for sure is that they have to go back all the way to the power room, and the path they’re heading through would take both of them there much faster.

Rebecca noticed something swiftly moving from the upper part of the halls, like someone was following them. It certainly wasn’t Nemesis since Rebecca was able to notice a woman in a red dress. It was the woman from before, the woman who took the codes from Matthew.

The woman ignored both of them though, and Barry couldn’t even notice this swift woman. Rebecca just relaxed herself. It seems that this woman won’t be bothering them this time. She still doesn’t know whose side she was on, she seems to be an enemy, but Matthew showed great respect with her, like a dear old friend. But it was not the time to think about it.

Finally both of them arrived at the power room. Rebecca noticed that they came out from the path that Matthew and Claire went in. So, one thing’s for sure, they simply have to go through Rebecca’s path before and hopefully meet with them.

But before they could go there, the door opened. Three familiar people came out of that door: Matthew, Claire, and a blond woman they identified as Sherry Birkin. But there was someone else.

Walter was following them, and it seems that he was fooling both Claire and Matthew as well. Both of them thought it was time to confront them. Barry and Rebecca pointed their firearms toward Walter.

“Stop right there!” shouted Barry as he held his gun.

-End of Part 9

Levan

Polkka. lol
Part 10: Convict

Thanks. :)

BTW, I editted the last name again of the main character.

Here's part 10. *NEWLY UPDATED*

Part 10: Convict
All Sherry could hear from the power room was the sound of gunfire and occasional explosions. She felt useless, but nevertheless, she can’t just go inside and try to help them, or else she could be just a nuisance, worse than being useless. If only I knew how to use a gun, she thought.

She just sat there, waiting for them to finally finish Walter off. Amidst her patience though, was the constant worry that someone might get hurt, or worse, get killed. She balled her hands into fists. She was overwhelmed with the fact that all of them were risking their lives just for her, and she couldn’t even do one damn thing to help them.

She suddenly heard footsteps coming from the other room, but not in the power room. They were heavy, like something massive was walking towards the other door. She locked the whole room completely. Nothing could probably open both of the doors of each side.

The footsteps stopped, and now the only thing she could hear was the sound of gunfire from the power room once again. But she had that uneasy feeling that something was standing right outside that door.

There was a sudden crash and the door broke and flung to the other side of the room. Nemesis broke through the door like it was nothing. Sherry was completely surprised, but since she knew this creature was after her, she ran to the door towards the power room. But, the creature blocked her path in a flash.

At the other door, a man stood there and blocked Sherry’s only exit.

“Get her.”

Nemesis dashed towards Sherry and grabbed her tightly. She could feel Nemesis’ arms slowly squeezing her hips. She punched, slapped, and even slammed her hands on the creature’s shoulders and back, but there was no escape. Sherry could not break free from its strong grip.

“Take her back to A3053 and make sure that she’s still alive. I still need to extract more of the virus from her.” The man left them and entered a different door.

Nemesis did as it was told and started heading on a different route. Sherry had to think fast, or else she could be lost from the others forever. Using a screwdriver she found earlier, she slowly carved the "code" she have heard from the man onto the wall as they walked through the hall.

Nemesis was able to notice, however, and it took the screwdriver and broke it apart like a small toothpick. Sherry screamed for help, but nobody was able to hear, until finally, she passed out from the tight grip of the creature. The creature carried her away.

-

“Fall back!” shouted Matthew as Walter’s fully evolved body slowly walked towards them. They fired continuously at it, but they could only delay it's movement. Claire knew there was nothing they could do but to run.

Walter started running towards them. With his huge tentacles, he slammed Matthew, Claire and Rebecca. Due to that, they flung towards the other end of the power room and slammed against the wall, hard. The three of them were momentarily stunned as Walter went closer to Barry.

“Ba.. ry…” Walter, even with his evolved form, was able call his name. All of them were surprised, but Claire was the only one who knew the meaning of it. Barry must be some sort of relative of Walter, and the one thing that Walter wanted was to have him as a breeding tool.

“Stay away from him!” Claire shouted at Barry, who kept firing at Walter with his revolver. Barry heard her words clearly and ran away from the creature, which was also running after him. The others fired at Walter, trying to distract it from chasing Barry. But it didn’t even turn around and look at them.

Barry was cornered, and he couldn’t run away. Walter walked towards him, and Barry kept firing at it with his gun, hoping that it would affect it somehow. But it didn’t.

Walter grabbed Barry on the neck, and slowly, a small embryo came out of his arm. Barry tried to break free but he couldn’t, it was too strong.

The others ran after both of them and continued to shoot at Walter, but whatever they do, nothing happens. From there, they saw Walter forcing something into Barry’s mouth.

“No!” Rebecca ran towards Walter, but its huge tentacles hit her and sent her flying towards both Matthew and Claire.

Walter dropped Barry after being successful in implanting the G-Embryo, and headed to the others, with the intent of killing the rest.

"No..." Rebecca saw Barry, lying on the ground. Tears fell from her eyes with the thought that she was too late to save him.

This time, the three of them were the ones who were cornered now. The creature crept up to them and readied its claws to tear them apart. Continuous gunfire could not affect it, and they were about to die a horrible death.

Suddenly, like some sort of miracle, someone fired at the tentacles on its back, and it screamed in pain. It was crying in agony, and then the three of them saw someone falling from the ceiling. At first they thought it was Ada, but it wasn’t. Matthew and Claire saw a man, but Rebecca saw an old friend.

The man landed right on its back and took out a syringe from his pocket. The creature struggled to get the man off of it, but it failed, and the man injected the syringe on its back.

Walter screamed in pain, and he started to dissolve. The man who injected him just watched after leaping from its back.

Finally, Walter has completely gone and not a trace of him can be seen.

Rebecca ran over to the man and gave him a big hug. The man looked embarrassed, but Rebecca kept on hugging him tightly. Claire and Matthew exchanged looks, wondering who that man was.

Claire then notices Barry walking towards them, who looked like he was in pain. Claire ran towards him and checked up on him. Inside of him now, was an embryo, and sooner or later he'll evolve just like Walter. Rebecca knelt beside him and checked up on him as well.

“Barry… I thought you were dead…” She was crying.

“Don’t worry like that, Rebecca,” said Barry weakly, “I’m alright… Ugh…” Barry held his chest in pain.

“He’s infected with an embryo,” Claire explained, “We have to find a cure, fast.”

“I’m taking him with me,” said the man who saved them. “I know where to find the Devil.”

"How do you know about that? Who are you anyway?"

“Let's just say, I'm an old friend of Rebecca's."

Matthew closely inspected this man, wondering if he could recognize him. And then he remembered, he was Billy Coen, the ex-convict. Right in front of him was the man he was trying to find all along.

"You're Billy Coen..."

Billy wasn't surprised, he knew very well that he's pretty famous around with the authority, even after his suspicious but fake death.

“Billy, you have to tell me. Do you know a man named Michael Velroy? He’s my brother, and I need to find him. I know that you’re the only one who knows where he is.”

“As much as I would like to tell you now, this is not the time to do so."

Matthew had to understand, he knows that he can ask him another time.

“I’ll be taking him to a lab. Come with me," he pointed at Claire, "I suppose you know a something about the Devil. As for you two, I suggest you go on ahead and do your business, we'll catch up with you guys later. The Government has already found out about the island and the outbreak already, and they’re making plans on bombing this island soon.”

Claire was outraged. “What?! They can’t do that, we’re still on this island!”

“They didn’t forgive Raccoon City a few years back, did they? What makes you think they'll risk the spread of the virus just for us?"

Claire calmed herself down, she knew Billy was correct. Billy helped Barry walk as Claire followed them towards one of the doors.

Matthew took out his radio, hoping to be able to talk to Hunnigan about it.

“Hunnigan, come in.”

“Matt, you have to get out of there. They’re planning to bomb the place any second now. Have you found Sherry yet?”

“Yes, we found her already. We still need to get out of here, delay the bombing with any means necessary."

“I will, Matt. Hurry.”

Matthew turned off his radio.

“Let’s go.”

Rebecca and Matthew headed to the room where Matthew left Sherry in. They were close on finally going home.

Matthew unlocked the door through the access numbers, but when they went inside, Sherry was nowhere in sight. Matthew noticed the broken down door and tables inside the room.

“Darn it!” He punched a wall, trying to relieve his anger on something else. “It’s all my fault… I should’ve never left her here."

“Matt, this is not the time to feel guilty. Right now, we need to find Sherry and get the hell out of here.”

“I’m sorry Rebecca... But, she could be anywhere in this building now. How the heck are we supposed to find her?”

“Let’s try to search for any clues.”

Matthew looked around the room, while Rebecca headed to the hall. Rebecca examined the place closely, and she noticed something etched on the wall.

“Matthew, you’ve got to see this.”

Matthew went over to check what Rebecca was talking about. He saw a letter and three numbers etched on the wall.

“A305… What does this mean?”

Rebecca closely examined the numbers. It must definitely be a code.

“Matthew, how many floors does this entire building have?”

“From what I've seen, I think there are about thirty floors, not including the underground floors."

“I knew it. Let’s head to the highest level, I'm confident Sherry's being held there."

It took them a while, but finally they arrived at the elevator. Rebecca and Matthew stepped in, their hearts beating heavily with the fact that they could all get blown up at any moment.

They hid away their fears and prepared themselves to rescue Sherry once again.

-End of Part 10

Levan

Polkka. lol
Part 11: His Story

Here's part 11. It's kind of a bit rushed, so there will be a lot of errors, I'll just try to find some time and edit it later on. :p

Part 11: His Story
Billy Coen…

It was about 10:00 in the morning, and in a small, casual diner in the middle of nowhere was a man with a complicated past. He was quietly sipping on his freshly made coffee, and he could easily notice the stares from the waitresses and the people eating there.

One thing’s for sure, the people there thought he could be a bit troublesome, especially since he was covered with a hood. But the man didn’t care. All he cared about was his contact who he's patiently waiting for. He was confident that his contact would come especially because of the information he has.

A few seconds later, the door opened, and there appeared a man with a long, black coat. He looked around, until he noticed the man who was sipping on his coffee.

“You’re Carlos?” asked the man who was seated at the table.

“Yes, I am. Sorry I’m a little late, I had to escort someone first. You have the info?”

“Sit down first, we should talk.”

Carlos sat down on the opposite end of the table. The man then uncovered his hood. From there, Carlos was able to recognize him. He was Billy Coen, a man he long thought was dead.

“Wait, I thought you were-“

“If I am dead, then why would I be here in the first place?”

“Heh, I guess you’re right.”

“Here.” Billy handed over a small map, which showed an area in South America. It was marked already that pinpoints to a location.

Billy watched as Carlos carefully examined the map.

“So, what do you want with Michael Velroy anyway? You're not gonna try and assasinate him or something?” Billy asked.

“No, no. Simply enough, I know one of his relatives, and that relative has been trying to find him for years. How about you, why do you need to go to Luxford Island? You do know that the government already found out about the virus leak there, and certainly it would get bombed soon."

“I’m trying to save a friend, if that’s what you want to know about. Now, let’s cut the chat, shall we? I need to get there as soon as possible.”

“Alright, let’s go.”

They kept driving for about an hour. Both were silent, the only sound that can be heard was the sound of the engine and the movement of the car. They finally reached their destination, it was a small helipad in the middle of nowhere. Right on the center of the helipad was a helicopter.

“A chopper… How ingenious,” Billy said sarcastically.

“It’s the only way to get there without being detected. And if it does get detected, I’ll get arrested. And I wouldn’t want that, but I guess you’re used to it already, I bet?”

Billy wanted to scowl at him, but his priority was to get to the island. He followed Carlos as he went inside the chopper. Just a little while longer, he thought.

The helicopter was very slow, it took them about three or four hours to get to the island. They couldn’t just land anywhere though, especially since the ground was full of the infected, all staring at the helicopter like animals looking at their prey. They headed to a small opening in the building at the highest floor. There was a helipad inside with another helicopter parked as well.

“We should go together, don’t you think? I have experience, you have experience, and it’ll be less risky if both of us are watching our backs.”

“Sure, I guess. We’re partners, but just for now.” He shook hands with him as a sign of agreement.

The only thing they could do was to search the floor for any signs of Billy's friend. They encountered some B.O.W.’s along the way, but their past experiences made it much easier for both of them to take care of their enemies.

They arrived at a small lab. It seems to have been ransacked recently, so they decided to investigate the room. There, Billy saw a small syringe and a piece of paper, neatly placed on one of the tables, untouched.

Apparently, the paper said that the syringe contained a G-embryo antidote called the Devil. It was made through various chemicals, but is still not proven exactly to be a sure antidote, and may not completely remove the G-embryo, but it will surely stop the growth of the embryo inside of the host. It is also known that it could act as some sort of antigen for the G-virus.

He already knew about this type of virus when he spied on Umbrella after the Arklay incident, and for sure, it was much more dangerous than the ordinary t-virus. He took the syringe with him just in case, hoping it would be of some use later on.

They entered another room, an office in fact. All Billy wants was to get at least any information on his friend’s whereabouts, and if it means searching every room in the whole building, he would.

And then Billy found it. On the desk, he saw a letter that was handwritten and newly made.

-------------------------

Miss Excella,

I’ve successfully implanted the t-virus on our pilot. It was a success; the plan went on as usual. I’ve hidden Rebecca Chambers and Barry Burton just as you asked. I sent Nemesis to take them to the prison in the facility, and you were right, without a leader or at least someone with good experience, all of the other members were pretty much delinquent against the infected people. But of course, they got smart, and the only way to get them all eliminated was to do that myself, which was I was successful on, of course. I simply lured them inside a room, and disposed of them. All was left were Barry and Rebecca, but unfortunately, both have escaped with the help of Claire Redfield and some unknown US agent.

For now, Rebecca Chambers is currently exploring the lowest underground floor with the agent. I will try my best to eliminate all of them, and I will utilize this sample you have given to me with greatest extent.

From,

Walter Richards

-------------------------

“Let’s go, Carlos. We’ll take the elevator.” They went outside the room, but when they did, a man in a lab coat awaited them. Right behind him was an impossibly huge man whose head was completely covered in a hood.

“Didn’t your parents tell you to don’t mess with other people’s belongings?”

“Robert…” Billy said with angst in his voice. Carlos noticed, and for sure, this “Robert” wasn’t a friend.

The creature behind him looked like it was itching to do something, possibly something bad for Carlos and Billy, but Robert restrained him.

“Are you here to interfere again, like what you did years ago? You’re very fortunate to survive on that day.”

Billy ignored his question. “Why did you have to put Rebecca into all this?”

“Ah, Rebecca Chambers. It isn’t like I did it on purpose, Billy. I had to.”

“You’re as evil as your father,” Billy said, who was now calm from his anger a while ago.

“Who says I’m evil? I know you and all other people who are mere obstacles towards my goal are simply too incoherent enough to realize that my plans will improve the world so much better,” Robert said with utmost confidence.

“Since I am kind, I’ll let you leave unharmed with your little partner over there. If you don’t, I might just have this big guy break you both apart in a matter of seconds. I’m in a hurry, so farewell.” Robert turned around and started walking the other way, and then left the hall.

“Are you still up to it, Carlos? It's getting a bit riskier now than before."

“For you? Maybe not at all, but for Rebecca, sure, I’m up to it. You should have told me in the first place, she’s a friend of mine as well.”

“That’s good to know.” Billy smiled, and then headed towards the elevator. Carlos followed as well, and it took a very long while before they got to the lowest floor. They went outside with their handguns prepared for anything they could come across.

They searched everywhere, up until they arrived at a small room that was connected to some sort of balcony.

They heard gunshots coming from the lower level from the balcony. They went ahead and looked down. There, they saw someone being held by a huge creature, and it was forcing the man to swallow something coming from its mouth.

A few yards away from them were three people, firing at the creature, desperate to save this man . Billy recognized it as a creature formed from the G-virus. He also recognized one of the three people, Rebecca Chambers.

He took out the Devil, possibly the only thing he could use to defeat this monster. When they looked again, the creature was already finished with the other man and started heading towards the three other people.

“Carlos, go ahead and find a lab, call me when you find one.” Billy gave him a radio.

“But, you'll need help with that creature. You can't take it on your own.”

“Don’t worry, I can handle this. I’ll need that lab to make this one again,” Billy showed him the Devil, “Since someone will need it.”

Carlos nodded, and went off.

Billy looked down again, and this time the three were cornered by this creature. The creature was right below him, and it was the perfect time to jump down and plant the Devil on it.

He prepared his gun, and leaped. He fired three times on the massive tentacles that were coming out of its back, and then grabbed onto it. He injected the Devil immediately, and after a few seconds, the massive creature was gone from existence.

-End of Part 11

Levan

Polkka. lol
Sadly I probably won't be making the next chapters for now, because I'm currently rewriting the story in fanfiction.net, so if you wish to see the newly rewritten version, click here.

I may try and finish the 12th part or continue the story here(though I'll probably be only posting drafts since it's really hard to fit each chapter in each post, especially since the text limit is only 10,000 characters).

Top Bottom