• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Redemption

Levan

Polkka. lol
*NOTE* Sadly, I probably won't be making the next chapters for now, because I'm currently rewriting the story in fanfiction.net, so if you wish to see the newly rewritten version, click here.

I may try and finish the 12th part or continue the story here(though I'll probably be only posting drafts since it's really hard to fit each chapter in each post, especially since the text limit is only 10,000 characters).
*NOTE*

-----

Here's my very own fan-fiction, but it's still a work in progress. I still have lots of errors with my grammar and I may change or add some of the facts as well in the near future when I update it(or maybe even change the title, if I find a better one). I tend to edit it a lot so you may find some missing words or errors, sorry about that. For now, I hope you guys enjoy this first part. ;)

I'll be posting part 2 in a day or so, when I get the chance. If you have any problems on how I write, please tell me. English isn't my main language and I'm still having a hard time writing properly and how I should tell the story, since I don't have a very large vocabulary. x_x

The story takes place between RE 4 and 5(or between Degeneration and RE 5) and has a character associated with the main storyline characters in RE. I'm hoping I could get the story to fit right into the plot of the franchise.

Compilation
Part 1: The First Step
Part 2: Suspicions
Part 3: Encounter
Part 4: Truth (1)
Part 4: Truth (2)
Part 5: Masterminds
Part 6: An Old Enemy...
Part 7: Connections
Part 8: Friend?
Part 9: Her Story
Part 10: Convict
Part 11: His Story

----------------------------------
Part 1: The First Step
----------------------------------​
"It's three o'clock in the morning, for Christ's sake." Matthew complained at Hunnigan over the radio. "I'm sorry Matthew, but it's orders. It's crucial that you rescue her. We've sent a team there previously but they seemed to have disappeared out of the blue."

Matthew frowned in disappointment. Besides the fact that he had to start his task early in the morning, he thought he was free for the whole month. It's not like it's his fault they lost her. But there's no way he could refuse. He is a government agent, its required that he must accept any mission that is asked.

"How about Marco or Arnold, can't they go instead?"

"Come on, Matthew. You're the only one that's free at the moment. They demand it, I'm just following orders." Hunnigan pleaded. How important IS that girl anyway, Matthew thought.

"Alright alright, where should I go?"

"The car's waiting outside, he'll send you to your destination. I'm sure you'll recognize him. Good luck on your mission." The radio turned off.

Matthew got up from his bed and took everything he needed with him, including his trusty handgun. He changed to his casual outfit. A new t-shirt, an old pair of trousers and his favorite jacket, was all he needed to get the job done. He looked out the window, it was dark, yet peaceful. The sound of the crickets in the forest below calmed him down from his depression. He climbed down the stairs quickly, hoping that his transportation wouldn't wait too long. But before going out the door, he took a quick glance at a small picture frame on the desk. The picture showed him and a blond haired woman having a small picnic at the park. He smiled after remembering that memory, then he set off towards the door.

A familiar man was standing on the porch. He was wearing a long, but simple coat that covered most of his body. Right in front of his house, a small black car was waiting.

"Carlos?" Matthew said, as he saw the face of this familiar man.

The man smiled. "Hey, Matt." Matthew, still surprised, said, "It's been a while. How've you been?"

"Just fine. Come on, let's go. There's no time to chat." Carlos then headed to the car.

As Matthew went inside the car, he noticed a briefcase in the back, surely containing something.

"What's that?" Matthew asked Carlos, who apparently took the case as he asked. "Oh yeah, Hunnigan said you'll need them."

Carlos passed the case to Matthew after unlocking it. Matthew opened the case and there, he saw a lot of equipment in it, a tactical vest, grenades, first-aid sprays, and rations as well. "What the hell am I supposed to do in this mission? Fight off a horde of zombies?"

Carlos just laughed as he started the engine. "Just take them, already. Things might get rough along the way."

They drove for a long time, but through the long hours they decided to catch up with each other and chat, telling stories about what they've been doing for the past years.

It took a while, but then, Matthew saw something coming into view.

"We're here." Carlos said as he turned off the engine.

"My god, I have to ride that?!" Matthew exclaimed after seeing his transportation.

"Yeah, I guess so." Carlos said with a smirk in his face.

Some sort of fighter aircraft was waiting for him. The government sure is going overload through this, Matthew thought to himself. The pilot went over to Matthew, still mesmerized at the sight.

"Greetings, Matthew. I'll be your pilot for this mission." Matthew accepted to shake hands with him.

"Nice to meet you. This is the first time I'm gonna ride one of these babies. Do you get sick when you ride it?"

The pilot laughed at Matthew's expression. "Of course, we're trained not to get sick. But I wish you a lot of luck, I'm sure you can't hold back puking in there. Most of the first riders do," the pilot explained.

"Then I'll just try my best then," Matthew replied. "How fast do these go again?"

"Oh, I can't tell you that. But, we'll probably stay only at 500-600 miles per hour, since we aren't going that far."

500-600 miles per hour? Damn, that's fast, I wouldn't call that an "only", Matthew thought to himself.

Matthew noticed the oxygen masks at both the back seat and the front.

"Are we gonna need those?" asked Matthew. "Yep," the pilot replied without explaining about it.

Matthew noticed that Carlos wasn't coming with him.

"Aren't you coming?" Matthew asked him, who seemed to have been laughing the whole time due to his questions for the pilot.

"I would like to go but I have another job to do. I'm sure you'll do great on your own," said Carlos.

Matthew bid goodbye to him as he climbed onto the aircraft. A few minutes later, the aircraft disappeared into the sky, and Carlos casually walked back to his car. Carlos started the engine and went off.

The aircraft has reached the ocean. They were heading towards Luxford Island, a small island located south west from San Francisco, the place where he lives. Usually it took about two to three hours to get there by flight, but with the jet's speed they could get there in less than an hour.

"So, you okay back there?" The pilot asked at Matthew, who seemed to be getting sick.

"A little. Ugh, this sucks." said Matthew as he desperately controlled himself from the dizzyness.

"Check under your chair, you'll need it."

Matthew did as he was told and found a paper bag. Matthew couldn't control himself anymore. Matthew puked all over the bag, as he heard small chuckles from the pilot in front of him.

A few hours passed, and there, in the clear morning sky, the island came into view. In the middle of the island, a blurry image of a building can be seen.

"I guess that's it, right?" Matthew asked the pilot. "Yeah, but I have to drop you off from here now. Miss Hunnigan warned me that they may detect the aircraft, and cause a ruckus over there. If we go any further we could be shot down. You alright with that?"

"Sure, sure, as long as we land safely at the ground..."

"Sir Matthew, sorry but we can't land there. I'll have to eject you. You do know how to use a parachute right?" asked the pilot.

"Oh crap," Matthew said as he heard what the pilot said.

"So do you know how to use one, or do I have to teach you?"

"No, no. I can handle it."

Hunnigan is gonna pay for this, Matthew thought to himself.

-End of Part 1

Godammlover

Aside from the grammer errors, I reckon it's coming along nicely. Everyone has gotta start from somewhere right?

Levan

Polkka. lol

Thanks, I'm trying to improve myself through this. xD

Here's part 2 now, hope I'm getting a lot better.

"YEAH!" Matthew shouted after landing completely unharmed. His heart continued to beat heavily from the thrilling experience.

There was no time to celebrate, though. Matthew still needed to finish his mission. He headed off towards the forest north of him.

The forest looked like any other forest, but at this time, it was like a location right out of some 1980's horror movie. It was dark, but the flashlight attached to his vest made it easy to search around. All he had to do was to use his GPS to track down the missing plane, and find the building that the kidnapped girl was being held.

It didn't take long before he found some wreckage. Debris of a plane were littered everywhere. After carefully examining the broken plane, he realized that it was of the previous team's plane. They must have been shot down, maybe its the reason why they disappeared so suddenly.

"Anybody here?"

Nobody answered. He didn't find any dead bodies in the area either, a clear sign that they may still be alive.

Matthew called Hunnigan through his radio to report what happened.

"Any reports, Matthew?" asked Hunnigan.

"Yeah, the previous team must've been shot down, I found some wreckage here and I'm confident it was theirs. But they could still be alive. I didn't find any bodies here."

"Continue your mission, Matthew. If you happen to meet them along the way, come with them. It'll be easier if you traveled in groups. When you're done, remember to contact me and I'll set up a rendezvous point so somebody can pick you all up."

"Roger that, and by the way, call me Matt next time, okay?"

Matthew heard a chuckle through the radio. "Alright then, Matt."

"Thanks. Over and out."

He searched around for anything anything useful. But, it seems that the team must have taken all the supplies already. He went on ahead, hoping to be able to see the team along the way.

Things were fine for a while, but then, an eerie noise filled the surroundings. Matthew heard moans all around him. The noise was all too familiar with him since the incident that happened to him years ago, during the Raccoon City incident.

He raised his handgun, ready to shoot anything suspicious. The moans grew louder and louder as he walked. He was getting near to something he had feared years ago.

A blurry figure appeared a few yards ahead of him. Still with his gun raised, he walked towards it while carefully examining the figure's behavior. As he went closer, the figure became much more visible to him, up until he sees the shape of a human.

He still couldn't see his or her face. But Matthew was sure that it wasn't human at all. It was something else.

"Tell me your name," Matthew requested. It didn't react in anyway from his words. "Sir, please tell me your name." Matthew held it at gunpoint, ensuring that if it is what he thinks it is, he can eliminate it as fast as possible.

It was now silent. The moaning had stopped so suddenly. But a growl slowly came about from the human in front of him, like it was some wild animal. Matthew's heart thudded heavily in his chest and fear filled him all over as its growls grew louder and louder. But he had a job to do, and he can't just run away.

It happened fast. The man rushed towards Matthew so suddenly, but it wasn't quick enough. Matthew fired at its legs, causing it to slip and fall on the ground. He thought he was done, but the man desperately crawled towards Matthew, growling every time it dragged itself toward him. A quick round from Matthew's handgun hits its head, and it finally stopped moving.

Matthew was right. The place must be full of them, Matthew thought to himself as he went over to the body.

His assailant was one of the previous team's members. His rotting flesh and horrible odor was a clear sign of the same virus that he encountered years before. He wore the same equipment that agents usually wore in missions like these. Matthew called Hunnigan again to report what happened.

"Hunnigan, you sure you didn't send me to a suicide mission?" complained Matthew.

"What do you mean? What happened?"

"I just found one of the previous team's members... and guess what."

"He's dead?"

"He was more than dead. He was infected."

"Do you mean... The t-virus? It's there? But ho-"

"I don't know either. The first time I placed a foot on this island, I knew trouble was coming to me. Thanks for letting me have all that equipment, looks like they'll come in handy."

"It was just a precaution, I never knew the mission would lead up to this. Can you continue your mission?"

"Yes, don't worry, Hunnigan. I've encountered these guys before, I know how to take care of them. I have to go. Out."

Matthew didn't want to stop his mission just yet. He was now filled with excitement than fear now, he knew it would be a fun challenge. But something in his mind bothered him. He knows that these creatures are slow, but the one he met surprised him. It ran nearly as fast as a Crimson Head, but it didn't have that same color or claws. It was clearly an ordinary infected human. He can't investigate it now, though. He just concluded it as some type of effect of something else such as the air or some type of chemical that was included in the leak, but with this information, he knows that he must be more cautious now, since they really aren't the same as before.

As he ventured, he encounters more of them, but Matthew was able to dispose of them easily, just like wild animals in a hunting game. He confronted these creatures before and he knows how to take care of them easily.

He then noticed something. He went closer to investigate. He saw a large cage, a cage that would possibly fit for a large animal, like a bear's. There was a large hole on one of the sides, and showed signs that something broke out of it with tremendous force.

Before long, a loud roar filled the air. Matthew looked around, trying to find where the sound was coming from. Then he heard something running fast from his right.

A large, black creature came into view. It was a bear, but not just an ordinary one. It was twice the size of any bear that he has seen before, clear signs of it being affected by the t-virus. It looked like it was craving for meat. Matthew was the only one there who was perfect enough for it to feed on.

Matthew acted fast. He fired at it numerous times from afar, but it didn't affect it one bit.

The bear quickly swiped at him with its claws, but Matthew was able to jump out of the range of its swipes easily. The bear's eyes were bloody red, it was ferocious and more agressive than any bear he has ever seen.

There was something odd about the bear. Something was hanging on its belly. Matthew at first thought it was just some kind of plant, but he noticed that it moves.

Before he could examine more, the bear lunged at him and rammed him hard with its head. Matthew went flying from the impact, onto a tree which his back slammed against it hard.

His body was throbbing in pain. But due to that attack, he was able to see clearly what was hanging on its belly. It was some sort of gigantic parasite.

The bear charged at him again. With quick reflexes, he evaded it's charge before it hit him. The bear's head slammed hard against the wood. It was stunned momentarily, giving Matthew the chance to shoot at what seems to be its weak spot.

The parasite was decimated after many rounds. The bear, now looking weak, gave out a large roar before it fell on the ground, lifeless.

Something's wrong here, Matthew thought to himself. It was affected by the t-virus, but the parasite he found on its belly didn't look like the t-virus' doing. Something else affected it.

Matthew, still in pain from the bear's attack, continued on. He was now desperate to find out what that parasite was, and how this outbreak started.

After disposing off some more infected humans, Matthew had finally arrived. He caught a glimpse of the building, it was huge and seemed to be some sort of facility. He knew he was getting near. But, the place seemed to be filled with moans, moans from the infected humans.

As he investigated, he found the front of the building filled with those creatures, devouring bodies that littered around the area. The front entrance was blocked by rubble. He had to find another way in.

After going around the building, avoiding the zombies along the way, he found a back door. But, the area around it is filled of those creatures. There was no way to sneak inside.

Matthew ran. He didn't think of any outcomes or possible problems, he just ran towards the door. Adrenaline pumped through his veins as he saw the infected humans noticing him as he passed by. He had only one objective at that moment, to get to the door.

He finally reached the door, but luck wasn't with him. It was locked. He tried to kick the door open, but something barred it on the other side. He turned around, and there he saw all of them running towards him, craving for him.

Matthew knew it was over. He accepted his impending doom with deep regret. He tried his best to run, but it wasn't enough to keep him alive.

But fate had another plan for him after all. The door swung open from behind him. "Get in, now!" He leaped towards the door.

He heard the sound of the door locking from behind him. He was still exhausted from all the running. He breathed heavily, but was completely relieved that he was now safe.

"Thanks, if you weren't there I would've--" He felt the tip of a gun against the back of his head.

-End of Part 2

Levan

Polkka. lol

"Do you work here?"

The voice was feminine and soft. Matthew knew right there that a woman was threatening to kill him. She must be one of her captors, Matthew thought to himself.

"I'm probably the only human at this point and you're going to try and kill me? That's a bit ironic, don't you think?" said Matthew, trying to smooth talk his way out of his situation.

"Don't even try." Matthew felt the tip of the gun slamming against the back of his head.

"Damn that hurts, what the heck did you do that for?"

"Maybe you should just answer my question now or else you'll feel much more worse than that."

Matthew frowned. "Alright, alright. Sheesh. You didn't need to be so harsh like that. No, I don't work here at all."

"Then, why are you here?" asked the woman.

"I was sent here to rescue someone, well, someone unimportant to you..."

"Let me guess, you're here to rescue Sherry Birkin, am I right?"

"So, you know about her. Do you have to kill me now that I'm trying to rescue her?" Time to make a run for it, Matthew thought to himself.

The woman seemed to have lowered her gun instead.

"Why would I do that? Besides, we're on the same side anyway."

Matthew turned around to see her face.

She was a woman, possibly in her mid 20's. She had long, red hair and to Matthew's eyes, was possibly one of the most beautiful women that he has ever seen.

Matthew's memories filled his mind as he saw her face.

"Emily...?"

The girl gave a curious impression. "Who's Emily?"

Matthew snapped out of what seemed to be an illusion. She's gone, there's no way she could be her, Matthew thought to himself.

"S-sorry, I thought you were someone else," Matthew apologized nervously.

"My name's Claire, Claire Redfield."

"Nice to meet you." Matthew shook hands with her. "I'm Matthew, Matthew Velroy. Call me Matt. So... you're the infamous Claire, huh? Your brother told me about you before."

Claire was surprised that he knew his brother. "You knew him?"

"Yeah, I'm thankful for the information he gave me a while back. Could you thank him again for me?"

"Sure, I'll tell him once we get out of this hellhole."

"You're part of the previous team, right? I was sent here by Hunnigan," Mattthew asked as they walked towards the end of the hallway.

"No, I came here for personal reasons."

"You know Sherry?"

"Yeah, I was sort of like her babysitter. Both of her parents died in the Racoon City incident a few years ago. With the help of a man named Leon S. Kennedy, we survived that incident."

"Leon? That guy who saved the president's daughter?"

"Yes, he's the same man. He saved my life many times, and I owe him a lot for that."

"I guess he's your type, huh?" asked Matthew with a smile on his face.

"Maybe." Claire kept serious, she knew she wasn't here to just chat and joke around.

"First things first, we should take a look around," Claire said as she readied her gun. "Maybe we'll be able to find Sherry."

Claire kicked the door open with great strength. As the door swung open she quickly scanned the left and right of the hall.

"It's clear."

"You don't need to be so alert. Those guys are so easy to shoot down, you know," Matthew said as he followed her along the hall.

"You fought these guys before?"

"Yeah, I did. I was there when the Racoon City incident happened..." Matthew's face turned blank as he remembered what happened to him back then.

"So, you have experience. That's good to know. But, have you noticed that... They know how to run?"

"I have, seems to be a little suspicious to me. I've also encountered a bear a while ago that seemed to be affected by something else than the virus. It was some sort of... parasite. Ever seen one of those before?"

"None as of yet. We don't know what we may encounter here as we search, so we better get ready for the unexpected."

It was obvious that the virus is present inside the facility, after all, it may be the source of the leak as well. The facility felt like a labrynth, they crossed hall after hall, taking a look at every room for any clues to Sherry's whereabouts.

"I'm getting sick of all this killing," complained Matthew as he fired a round on the head of an infected human. They've been going at it for an hour now.

"I thought men like you loved to do these stuff?" Claire fired on another one as she spoke.

"We've been going on it for a long while already, I just want to fight something else."

Finally they reached some sort of lab. Matthew immediately went to the desk to search for any files, while Claire examined the small operating table in the middle of the room. I hope they didn't do anything bad to Sherry, Claire thought to herself.

"Claire," Matthew said as he showed her a piece of paper, "You'll want to see this."

Claire took the paper from his hands. It was a letter, written by one of the researchers in the lab.

------

Ms. Gionne,

We ran tests on the girl, as you ordered. We have found what seems to be one of the greatest discoveries ever, a new type of virus. It was different from some of the viruses that Umbrella had made.

When we examined the components of this virus, we found out that part of it was from the G-virus. The other part of it, though, was some unidentified chemical. It appears to be some sort of medicine, but we need more time to identify it. We may need to interrogate the girl and ask her what medicines she had consumed over the years. The virus did not affect the girl in anyway at all, but she did complain of constant headaches and have been using medicines to ease her pain, but these medicines did not match the special chemical that we found inside of her.

Here are three things that we have observed from the virus:

1. It is "compatible" with other types of viruses. We have tested it by using a different kind of virus, specifically a sample of the G-virus we have gathered before. It absorbed the G-virus, causing it to also recieve the characteristics of the G-virus itself.
2. It's very vulnerable to high temperatures, and through low temperatures, the virus freezes but is still intact. It stops growth and change, however.
3. It cannot affect any human, plant or animal through exposure. It must be directly injected in the bloodstream to apply the effects.

We may need to run tests on her, but for now we will first try to identify the special component in the virus.

High temperatures causes the death of most of the cells of the virus, however, so we may have to keep her in low temperatures or put her into cryogenic sleep to avoid any changes in her body until we are done identifying the component. We shall keep her in the lowest floor of the facility and will be in constant surveillance to find any change in her body during that time.

If we are able to identify the special component inside virus, we may be able to replicate and recreate the virus with the G-virus samples that we have gathered from WilPharma.

David Oswald
Head Researcher

------

"Component...? Was that-"

The door suddenly swung open, and something stood by it.

Claire fired at it numerous times, but it didn't affect it at all. It wasn't one of those ordinary ones they have killed before.

Matthew was able to identify what it was. He has seen them before, long claws and the color of its skin. It was a Crimson Head.

It lunged towards Claire, ready to try and slash her with its claws. With quick reflexes, Matthew fired at its head. It collapsed immediately.

"What the heck is that?" Claire asked Matthew.

"A Crimson Head... We better hurry. This place will be filled with them soon. We wouldn't want to try and fight a whole pack of these guys."

"The letter said she's held on the lowest floor. This is the lowest floor already, but I'm guessing there are basement floors here. Let's head for the elevator."

They went outside of the room and headed to the elevator that they passed by a while ago, but before they were able to get close to the elevator, Claire noticed something creeping up from behind them.

It was the Crimson Head from before, but this time it looked much different. Odd-looking tentacles were coming out of its back.

"That's impossible. You already shot it's head, right? And are those tentacles... Normal to them?

Matthew brought out his knife, ready to decapitate the creature. Something was wrong with it, it didn't look normal as what he has seen before.

"Get ready." Matthew said while he was holding his knife.

The creature rushed toward them again. Claire shot the tentacles on its back, which seemed to be effective as it slowed down. Matthew charged towards it and with one quick slash he was able to decapitate it. Its head flew off from its body, and it landed right in front of Matthew.

He thought he did it, but he was wrong. Something came out of its head and the creature continued to walk, even with while it's decapitated.

"What the hell...?"

Some sort of parasite was controlling it now. Matthew couldn't go near it due to the parasite's constant flinging. The parasite looked like it had some sort of blade at its end.

Claire fired at the exposed parasite a few times until the parasite decimated like what happened before. Finally, it was now dead, as it should be.

"Matt! Come on! We have to get going." Claire shouted as she entered the elevator. Matthew ran to her and entered the elevator, but he still couldn't believe what just happened. It was the first time he encountered one of these, "things".

They had no time to lose. They have to save Sherry.

-End of Part 3

Levan

Polkka. lol
Thanks. xD

I'm planning something with the main antagonist(which they will meet at the later parts). I'll probably continue writing the 4th part in a while, I felt kind of lazy since the last few days. x_x

Levan

Polkka. lol
Part 4: Truth (1)

Here's part 4...

Part 4: Truth
"Hey, Matt... Could I ask you something?" Claire asked suddenly as the elevator continued to go down.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering, who's Emily? When you first saw me, you looked shocked, like you remembered someone. Could you tell me about her?"

Matthew sighed. He was uncomfortable with these type of discussions, especially this one.

"Alright, I should tell you now. Emily and I, we were engaged a few years back. I never thought I could be any happier in my life, until that incident happened." Matthew looked down at the floor, trying to remember every detail of his experience.

"The virus outbreak started. I lost all hopes of surviving that terrible incident, everyone was dying in front of me. But I was glad she was there, she gave me the confidence to survive. We came through various trials, trying to find a way to get out of the city. Until finally, something else than those zombies attacked both of us, a tyrant called Thanatos. It jumped towards us like we were some sort of threat.. I had no idea what it was, up until I found out a few years later, thanks to a reporter."

"Wait... you mean there were more of them there? I came across one, I never knew there would be more." Claire shuddered at the thought of this tyrant, she thought that the tyrant she met during her experience was the only one."

"I guess so. I believe that Umbrella were just experimenting on the survivors, releasing one tyrant after another to gather data for their own research. We managed to defeat this tyrant, exhausted but alive, but there was something that I noticed on its back. There was some kind of device in its back that was attached to its body, it contained a vial of the creature's blood. I thought that it could be used against Umbrella as proof of the outbreak, since back then both of us knew it was their fault. But the most unimaginable thing happened."

Matthew took a little while to relieve himself. He was uncomfortable in remembering all this.

"I took the vial, but then Emily was shot by a man who was just behind us. He was wearing a coat, a coat with the symbol of Umbrella. Emily was dying, but my rage swayed me from what I needed to do. I shot back, trying to hit this man, but he simply dodged my bullets like it was nothing. I felt a bullet's impact on my chest, and there, I thought I was going to die. Soldiers surrounded us as I fell to the ground from the pain. I closed my eyes, hoping that it would all end."

"But then, I woke up. At first I thought I was dead, but no. I was simply in a hospital outside of Raccoon City, lying in bed and with injuries that I couldn't even remember, except for my bite wounds from the infected and the gunshot wound on my chest."

"A doctor came in, and before I could ask, he said everything was fine, I was safe. He introduced himself to me like a friend. He injected me with something odd, but he said it was something that would save me from the virus. But then I remembered Emily. I asked the doctor if he knew where she was, but he just said to me that when they found me, I was alone, nearly bleeding to death. They just told me that she may have been caught in the explosion, since Raccoon City was bombed a few minutes after I was rescued."

"I'm sorry about your loss," Claire apologized at Matthew.

"It's alright, I'm done with it," Matthew replied, but still with a heavy guilt that stayed onto him even after all these years..

The elevator finally came to a stop, and both of them raised their handguns as they went out of the elevator. It was clear, no signs of any threats. But there were two pathways, another problem came upon them.

"I think we should split up," Claire suggested. "It'll be faster to find her that way."

"Splitting up is a bad idea, we don't know what we'll meet down here," said Matthew.

"We'll be alright, as long as we don't do anything rash. I'll go on the left. You can take the other route. Just in case something happens..."

Claire took something from her pocket and handed it over to Matthew.

"We'll be able to contact each other through that."

"Alright... just, stay alive, okay?"

Claire nodded. Matthew ran towards the door in his path, and when he looked back Claire has already entered the door at the other end of the hall.

Matthew searched room by room, as well as ransacking anything that would be useful to him. He came across the infected along the way, and he encountered dogs, spiders, and plants as well that were infected by the t-virus. He disposed of them easily like before, but this time those "parasites" started appearing within these creatures, and it was no easy task in disposing them with these parasites controlling them. But Matthew just learned how to deal with them, by shooting at these parasites instead of their host.

He arrived at an office. He searched the desk, and he found some sort of diary. The name Daniella was handwritten in front of the book. There could be useful info here, Matthew thought to himself as he scanned the book's pages.

-----
April 23, 2007

Dear Diary,

Finally I was able to go with my dad! I knew his job was quite interesting... There were lab stuff everywhere! Too bad I couldn't do any experimenting with him though, I've always wanted to. But at least I was going to spend a week with him! He's always away at home, but now I can have fun with him during the whole week. =)

April 24, 2008

Dear Diary,

My dad was given some type of injection, ordered by their boss. I dunno why, but I have a bad feeling about this. My dad was veeeeeerryyyyy angry when they told me I needed the injection. Ughhhh... It was so scary, I didn't want to get injections. Thanks to my dad, I didn't get the shot. Dad's my hero!

April 25, 2008

Dear Diary,

Something was going wrong, it was soooo scary. Some of Dad's friends looked like they were going crazy! But Dad said everything was alright, but I still had that bad feeling since yesterday. Those crazy people were sent somewhere were they could relax, I hope they're fine. I hope my dad wouldn't become like them too...

April 26, 2008

Dear Diary,

I can't believe it... my dad went crazy as well! I was crying a whole lot, I can't believe it would ever happen... They just said he'll be sent to where those crazy people were sent before. I want to go home, I really really want to go home.

April 27, 2008

They're after me... I can't believe it. They were chasing me like maniacs! Everybody went mad, and it looked like... They were eating each other or something. I was so afraid, all I could do was lock dad's office so that they wouldn't come here. I wish dad was here, he would help me.

-----

After reading the last few articles, it was clear what was the cause of the outbreak in this facility. But before he could think of it further, he heard something rumble in the closet at the other end of the room.

With his gun ready to fire, he crept up towards the closet, ready for anything that would come out.

He opened it carefully from the side, and suddenly a body fell down from the inside. He was relieved though, that it wasn't the girl that wrote the diary. She might still be alive, Matthew thought to himself.

A low moan came about, something was inside the bathroom. He went inside, and there, he saw something devouring on a body of a security guard.

It was the girl, infected by the same virus that infected all of the employees. She looked like she was only ten years old. She went up to Matthew, who looked hungry for him.

Matthew couldn't pull the trigger. He was shocked at what he saw, a young girl, infected by the virus. He left the room with deep guilt, he thought he could've saved her. The girl was slower than the others, which was one odd thing that he noticed about her.

Matthew then came up with theories that may explain their unnatural behavior. The parasites must be the reason why they were so fast, unlike before. It must control the host so that way it could still use its primary instincts and abilities, unlike those with only the t-virus where they just simply hunger for flesh once they reanimate. The injection must've been a mixture of the t-virus and the parasite, and since the girl was not injected, she might have been only affected by the t-virus.

He continued on, trying to forget what happened back there. It was an experience that he was not willing to share.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Part 4: Truth (2)

Sorry for this post, due to the post limit I couldn't fit the rest of part 4 in the story after I updated it.

Part 4 Continuation
Meanwhile, Claire is having her own fair share of problems. The infected and some B.O.W.'s just keep popping out of nowhere. But like Matthew, she was able to kill them off easily, due to her past experiences with these creatures. Umbrella may have something to do with this, she thought, but Umbrella's already dead.

She searched through the rooms but there were still no clues on the whereabouts of Sherry. Claire started to worry, but she kept herself calm to avoid any problems. She just concentrated on her objective.

This time she came upon a large room. It looked like it was some sort of storage room, but it was completely empty. The lights were running fine, and there were glass windows on the upper part of the room, which may lead to other rooms or halls. There was also a speaker there, well hidden but not for the eyes of Claire Redfield. There was a large, electronic door at the other side of the room.

She felt like she was being observed.

"Good morning, Claire." The sound echoed through the empty room. It came from the speaker that she saw.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" Claire responded to the voice as she searched around her.

"Who doesn't remember your name? The special Terra Save member, the brother of Chris Redfield, a survivor of the Raccoon City incident... You have many titles, and they fit you very well. Maybe I could ask of you a little favor."

The opposite door suddenly opened. A creature was now walking towards her, a creature not familiar to her. It looked like the same tyrant she encountered before in the plane when she escaped Rockfort Island, but it had a different skin color and even more gigantic claws were growing out of its left arm. In its other arm though, she saw the same, familiar parasite that grew from the Crimson Head she encountered a while ago, except it was larger and much more evolved.

"You see, Claire, I'm trying out different combinations for my experiments. I'm testing now what you see here is the combination of the tyrant and something special I found way back. You are my first witness to my creation, be honored. I suggest you try to survive as well, if you want to save her."

Claire heard the door locking behind her. There was no escape, the creature blocked the way towards the exit.

It attacked in a furious manner, flinging its left arm everywhere, hitting the walls continuously. Claire barely managed to dodge its attack. But through the process, her only communication device was destroyed by one of its claws. Without the radio, she can't call Matthew for backup. She knew she had to do this alone.

The creature lunged toward her this time, with its claws ready to impale her. Claire prepared herself, not just for the attack, but what she needed to do to survive.

-End of Part 4

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
Ok, i read part 1 and am about to start reading part 2.

Great story this far! :)

Your writing skills are great. :D

Looking forward to more! :)

Levan

Polkka. lol

Thanks, though I guess my story being as RE6 would probably be forever in my dreams... And I'd call this RE4.5 instead of RE6, since the story is set between RE4 and 5. :)

Now, here's part 5... Again, there could be a lot of errors. I'll just update it when I can.

"That's odd... Why won't this thing work?" Matthew struggled to try and contact Claire through the radio she gave him, but it seems to be malfunctioning.

Matthew sighed. How useless, I can't believe Claire gave me this for nothing, Matthew thought to himself. He wanted to ask Claire if she found anything, but he couldn't.

He found an unusual electronic door in one of the hallways. It was locked, and the only way to open it is by typing the password on the central security computer, which conveniently, was in one of the rooms in the same hall. He found out about this after reading a file that was lying around in one of the offices.

After searching through some of the rooms in the area, he found a peculiar file from one of the bodies of the infected humans. It listed all of the access numbers for every room. With this, he now knows the access number for the room he wanted to go into.

While he was heading towards the room where the central security computer was, however, he heard voices through the door that he was going to unlock. He took a little time to listen through the conversation.

"So, are they done yet?" The voice sounded like a woman's.

"Don't be in such a rush." This time, it was the voice of a man. "The procedure is going as planned. I'm sure this girl is the perfect combatant for my creation."

"If I didn't have that sample I gave you, you wouldn't have that creature now. Make sure, that once you're done, give me all the battle data, all right? Just clean out the spoils afterwards, we wouldn't want to scare out the next visitor."

"There's another one?" The man sounded surprised.

"Yes, I think both of them are partners. So remember, clean it out. He'll be suspicious of us if he finds her body there."

"Oh, I wouldn't bet on that," said the man, "I'm sure she'll survive... She's more clever than you think."

"Her wits won't be enough for that creature, I assure you that. Come on, let's go. We still have more to do. Let them have their fun."

Matthew heard both of their footsteps inside the room until the sound faded away. One thing he now knows is that the people inside that room was talking about him and Claire, and this "creature" seems to be having "fun" with Claire. This could be the reason why the device that she gave him wasn't working at all.

He unlocked the room as quick as he can, and there he found a simple microphone on a table, some chairs, a door at the other end of the room, and a glass window covering one of its sides. Gunfire can be heard through this window. The people were nowhere in sight. They left already, just as he heard before.

Matthew saw Claire struggling against an unusual creature when he looked through the window. He had to find a way to get down there or else Claire could die. He can't jump through this window though, it was too high up.

He went through the other door and inside was a staircase. He ran downstairs, hoping to find a way to help Claire. After going through one of the doors, he found another hallway, but this time, the side was completely made of transparent glass. Through that, he saw that this time he could jump down from that spot without getting hurt. Down there, Claire seemed to be in a pretty bad shape, she looked exhausted.

"It's showtime." Matthew smiled as he broke through the glass.

-

Claire thought she was going to die, she was too tired, she wasn't able to get at least one shot at the parasite since the creature kept blocking the gunshots with its claws. There was no way she could beat it now.

The creature lunged forward with it's huge claws, and this time, she can't evade its attack.

However, she heard a sudden crash from the upper part of the room. He saw a man jumping down as he fired shots at the parasite in one of its arms. The creature was interrupted and it went to a stop as it roared in pain, thus saving Claire's life.

"Claire, I'll try to distract it as much as I can. Just stay there and fire at it, okay?"

Claire nodded in response, and there Matthew began firing at the creature, distracting it completely.

Matthew's plan went on perfectly, the creature was completely distracted by Matthew, and because of that, Claire was able to fire at the parasite, and before long, it finally died.

"Thank you, Matt. I owe you one."

Matthew smiled. "No, my debt's just paid. Now, aren't you glad your knight in shining armor arrived just in time?" Matthew said as he laughed.

Claire remembered the last time who said that same line. Her knight in shining armor who saved her numerous times a long time ago... The one who sacrificed himself for her. It was that fateful day that made her decide what she needed to do in her life.

From then on, she devoted her life to be against bio-terrorism by joining Terra Save, a non-government organization that campaigns against bio-terrorism. Being a survivor of the Raccoon City incident and the one who captured Frederic Downing, she was a great adversary for the organization, and is also one of its famous members.

Both of them continued on to the opposite door as Matthew explained to Claire what he heard from the people that was inside the room.

"So, this is all some kind of experiment? What the hell is wrong with those people?"

"I don't know," Matthew replied, "but I did find out how the outbreak here must have happened, and I'm guessing it's their fault as well. Here, take a look."

Matthew handed over the diary he found earlier.

Claire skimmed the pages. She read everything that Matthew had, and she thought the same like Matthew when he first read the book. "The girl... What happened to her...?"

Matthew kept silent. Claire knew it was bad news by looking at Matthew's expression, so she decided to change the topic.

"Think we should split up again?"

"After what happened a while ago? I wouldn't want to find you dead, you're lucky I found you. Let's stick together from now on."

Claire accepted and they went on, now with the plan of finding these people who were the cause of all this.

They battled numerous B.O.W.'s as they explored the rest of the area, and the Crimson Heads are starting to become common. As they went deeper, the area becomes much more dangerous than before.

They arrived at a prison this time. Fortunately, the infected were all locked inside the prison cells. This may have been the place where those "crazy" people that were written in the diary were sent. They checked each and every cell they passed by, but all of them were only filled with Crimson Heads, all slamming on their doors, desiring their very flesh.

"Where could she be?" Matthew was getting worried.

Somebody must have heard Matthew. "Is anyone there? Please, let me out of here!" The voice came from one of the cells that they haven't checked yet. It looks like there was another survivor here.

"Who's there?" Claire shouted. Matthew went towards the cell to investigate. When he arrived, Claire saw Matthew's surprised experssion.

"You?!" Claire heard both of them say it at the same time. So, even the other survivor was also surprised as well. Claire went towards Matthew, curious about who this survivor was.

"What the heck are you doing here?" asked Matthew. When Claire got there, she saw Rebecca, one of Chris' friends.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Rebecca said.

"Rebecca? Is that you?" Claire asked.

"Claire! Thank god you're here. You've got to help me out this cell!"

Matthew interrupted her. "Now Rebecca, why are you here?"

"I was a part of the team who was previously sent here, okay? Are you happy now?" She seemed to be annoyed at Matthew.

"Wait, how did you survive that crash, and how did you get inside there?"

"It's a long story. I don't have to explain it to you now, we have to save the others. Can you unlock this door?"

Claire then remembered that they have passed through a room before which had a control panel that they decided not to touch.

"Wait, I think I know how to unlock it," Claire said, "Both of you, wait here. I'll be back."

Claire ran back to the room. It took her quite a while to get there. She was right though, the control panel can control the locks on the prison cells.

She noticed a large button with the label "Unlock". This must be it, she thought.

Meanwhile, Matthew impatiently waited for Claire to come back. Both Matthew and Rebecca are annoyed with each other since the first time they met.

"What's taking her so long? Why do I have to be here to babysit on this little girl?" complained Matthew.

Rebecca just shook her head and sighed. Both of them were thinking the same thing.

A few minutes later, Rebecca's cell was finally unlocked.

As she was going out of her cell though, sudden clicking sounds suddenly filled the hall. One by one, the prison cells were unlocked. Claire may have pressed the wrong button.

"Crap," Matthew exclaimed as he prepared his gun.

The Crimson Heads are now all free, ready to tear them apart. Matthew and Rebecca just prepared themselves for the worst.

-End of Part 5

Levan

Polkka. lol

Here's part 6! :)

The Crimson Heads were ready to charge at them with full force. There were dozens of them now inside that hall. They can't take it all on their own.

Both of them were thinking the exact same thing as they ran towards the other end of the hall. The Crimson Heads were fast, but not fast enough for the both of them. Matthew was able to lock the door before even one was able to pass through.

"Why the heck would Claire open all the locks at once?" Matthew was more annoyed than a while ago, not at Rebecca, but at Claire.

"How would I know? Besides, how do you think Claire would get here now? She can't just run through that room."

"I'm sure she'll find a way. We better get going if we want to find your team mates."

The room they were in was actually a storage, it was filled with supplies and equipment, from ammo to first aid sprays.

As they rummaged through the place, Matthew knew it was the perfect time to ask Rebecca. "So, how did you get in that cell? And that crash... What happened?"

"Well, last night, during the trip, the pilot started to act weird. He was scratching himself all over, up until he went mad and he... Scratched his skin off." Rebecca was disgusted at the thought.

"Scratched his skin off? Are you kidding me?" Matthew didn't believe her, it was a bit too ridiculous for him.

"Don't you know the symptoms for the T-virus? He was infected, he couldn't have scratched his skin off. But, one of the T-virus' symptoms were rotting flesh. With his skin melting like that, I could even rip some skin off of him myself. I'm still thinking how he got infected, since that kind of symptom shouldn't be in effect until after two to three days after getting infected by the t-virus. Something must have happened to him the day before we went here, but how the heck would he get infected like that? I'm sure you get it now on how we crashed."

"So, how did you end up in that cell?"

"I have no idea either, the only thing I could remember was when the plane. Right after that I woke up inside that cell, all other members were nowhere in sight. What is this place anyway?"

"It's some sort of research facility, I'm not really sure. But I'm guessing it is, with the labs and all."

Matthew thought about the first time they met. His brother, Michael Velroy, was a volunteer doctor in Africa. His last letter said something about a discovery of the lifetime, but he was hiding from the Umbrella Corporation due to his findings. But then the attack came to where he was hiding by the US Marine Corps. Billy was one of them, who was now accused of the murder of 23, and was sentenced to death. He knew that the attack wasn't made by the government, but it was Umbrella, they were trying to eliminate his brother.

He then heard about Rebecca's report about the death of Billy Coen, who was said to have escaped from US custody in the Arklay Mountains. Billy was the only one that seperated him from finding his brother so she went to Rebecca to ask anything about him. But Rebecca refused to tell anything. There was only one thing he could do to find out, by spying on her. But Matthew failed, Rebecca was just a bit too clever for him. Rebecca has been annoyed with him ever since.

"Matthew, we better get going. We've wasted enough time here," Rebecca said as she reloaded her brand new handgun, which she found inside the storage room.

--------------
Claire went towards the prison again after unlocking the cells. But when she got there, the room was filled with Crimson Heads. She thought that she must've opened all of the locks accidentally. Matthew and Rebecca were nowhere in sight as she peeked through the glass window, and she was relieved that they got out of there in time. She felt guilty in doing something so stupid like that.

She heard something from behind her. The sound of loud footsteps can be heard.

"Matt? Rebecca?" Nobody answered. Something else was there besides her.

A huge creature appeared in front of her, which looked human in form. The creature's cloak and hood covered the whole of its body and head. Claire can't see the creature's face to identify this creature, but she knew it was hostile from the start.

She raised her gun at it, but it suddenly vanished right in front of her.

But then, something struck her with brutal force. The impact was so strong that she slammed against one of the walls. Claire's vision faded away as she saw the creature coming towards her. She fell unconscious, unaware that she was being carried away.
--------------

Matthew and Rebecca continued to search through the floor, room after room for any signs of Claire, Sherry or one of Rebecca's team mates.

They were walking when suddenly, a woman jumped down from the ceiling, right in front of Rebecca. Before Rebecca knew it, she was kicked by this mysterious woman, knocking her on the wall. Matthew noticed the sound, but before he could turn around and see what happened, he was held at gunpoint once again.

"Long time no see, Matthew. Last time I saw you, you were running from Spencer's top notch assassins. I see you've been doing well."

"Same for you, Ada. I couldn't thank you that day you helped me. Is there still time to show gratitude?"

"Trying to sweet talk yourself out again, Matthew? You really aren't good with the ladies, are you? You don't need to thank me, but maybe a small gift would be acceptible, perhaps?"

"What do you want?" During this time Matthew was aware that Rebecca had come unto her senses. Rebecca knew as well what she needed to do.

"The file, with all those access numbers on it. Hand it over."

As Matthew took the file out, Rebecca had already stood up and held Ada at gunpoint as well. Matthew quickly took her hand with tremendous force and made her drop her handgun.

The woman quickly swung herself to get out of Matthew's grasp and knock Rebecca's gun off of her hand. She took a combat knife from one of the pockets on her legs and took her handgun right before she touched the ground. During that time, Matthew took out his handgun and Rebecca was trying to recover from the kick, but before they could, the woman had the knife ready to slit Matthew's throat, while at the same time, her gun was already pointed towards Rebecca.

"Ada with a knife? That's a rare sight. But you are Ada anyway, same as always, the ultimate trickster." Matthew was surprised that she was able to use a knife, Matthew knew her and she was always dependent on her firearms.

"Thanks to a friend, I just added one more to my list of special tricks," she said calmly, like nothing happened.

"So, why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be spying somewhere else?"

"I came here to retrieve something important. I could tell you that, but I would have to kill you, wouldn't I? It'd be a waste to see you dead here. Now, hand it over."

Matthew had no choice but to give her the valuable file. As she took it, she quickly fired on the ceiling with her grapple gun and went to another room through a small window, disappearing from their view.

"Who the hell was that?"

"Someone you shouldn't know. Darn it, without that file, we can't get through all of the rooms now. But there's nothing we could do, we have to keep going."

They went on forward, skipping all of the locked rooms as they went. The file was really useful, and without it, they could have missed important rooms, and maybe even the room were Sherry was held as well.

Up ahead, they heard the sound of engines and steam. They went in to investigate. It was a power room, filled with pipes and all sorts of engines. At the end of the room, they both saw Claire, tied up on one of the pipes.

"Claire?" Matthew headed towards her, Rebecca following after.

Before they could go any closer, the huge creature that Claire has encountered before appeared in front of them in a flash.

Without any hesitation, Matthew prepared his gun and fired at this creature, but due to its insane speed, it was able to dodge the bullets very easily.

Rebecca fired as well, but like before, it evaded the bullets like it was nothing.

The creature swung one of its arms at them, and both of them were sent flying from the impact. They fell on the ground hard, they stood up, shaking but fortunately not badly injured.

"Is that... some sort of Tyrant?" Rebecca asked Matthew as she breathed heavily due to the recent attack.

"I don't think so. It looks human. It's... Something else."

This time, another man came into view. This man was human, he was wearing a lab coat, a sign that he could be an employee of this facility. "Hello, Matthew."

When Matthew saw his face, he suddenly remembered everything that happened to him years ago, during the Raccoon City incident. It was the same man that he has been searching for all those years.

"YOU KILLED HER!" In his rage, he fired at the man, but the creature blocked the shots with its bullet-proof-like arms.

"Why are you so angry, Matthew? If you didn't interfere with us back then, I couldn't have shot both of you. But I guess I had to."

The creature that protected him lunged onto Matthew and grabbed his neck. The creature was choking him. Matthew gasped for air as it slowly strengthened its grip on his neck.

Rebecca quickly shot at its head with numerous bullets. The creature's attention was diverted towards Rebecca, and it threw away Matthew like a child getting bored with a toy. Matthew was battered but alive, but now, Rebecca was the one in danger, as the creature slowly crept up to her.

"I cannot allow all of you to interfere with my plans further. Nemesis, finish them all."

The man walked away and left the room, leaving Matthew and Rebecca to deal with the creature.

-End of Part 6

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Godammlover;38041 said:
Aside from the grammer errors, I reckon it's coming along nicely. Everyone has gotta start from somewhere right?
The what errors? :p Sorry darlin', I've just always got a chucle out of when people tell others to 'watch their grammer'. ;) Ah, no worries.

Levan, I've only read your first two posts, and it's coming around rather nicely. Good job! I'll definitely be saving this for later. :)

Levan

Polkka. lol
Thanks. :)

Actually, the first part of the story did have a lot of errors, and I simply reedited it to fix most of it. :p

Levan

Polkka. lol

I noticed that I tend to overuse some terms/words a lot. It's probably because I have a very low vocabulary. As I said before, english isn't my first language, so please bear with me. x_x

Here's part 7 now.

Things were getting a little rough. Claire was still unconscious and tied up, while Matthew and Rebecca were busy with an almost invincible enemy.

“There’s no way we can beat that thing, it keeps dodging our shots. Any ideas?” Matthew asked as he continued to fire on Nemesis.

“We have to get out of here, but first, we better get Claire. When I say go, run towards the opposite direction and get Claire out of here, I’ll catch up with you.”

The creature rushed to them with its hands ready to attack.

“Go!”

Rebecca ran towards the creature's right, and fired at it numerous times. The creature then came running after her, but during that time, Matthew had already gotten to Claire and cut off the ropes. Matthew ran to the exit as he carried Claire, who was now starting to gain consciousness.

“Matt…?” Claire asked weakly, the recent attack must’ve really worn her down.

“Don’t worry, Claire. I’m getting you out of here.”

He ran as fast as he could, and before he knew it, he was now back inside the previous room again. As Rebecca distracted the creature, there was no way that she could try to outrun it.

“Matthew! Lock the door, quick!” Rebecca shouted as she dodged the creature's attacks.

“But I can’t just leave you there with that thing!”

“I’ll find another way out. Go ahead, I’ll try to catch up!”

Matthew locked the door. He peeked through the small hole on the door, and he was relieved that Rebecca was able to get out of there through another door. Nemesis then went out to another door seeing as all of us have escaped from him.

Claire stood up, still a bit weak from the recent attack.

“You okay there?” Matthew asked Claire, who was now fully awake.

“I’m fine. Rebecca, is she alright?”

“Yeah, she got out just in time. That creature… It was unbelievably strong. The guy called it Nemesis, is it familiar to you at all?“

“Nemesis… I’ve heard of that one before. I think it’s the one that my brother’s partner encountered during the Raccoon City incident. But… She never said it was that fast. It must be some sort of an enhanced version. We better avoid it at all costs.”

“Right.”

They went on ahead, but much more alert now with this creature running about. There’s no telling where he could appear, and if he does, they were as good as dead if they don’t act fast.

They arrived on a security room, filled with the infected. After disposing them all, they noticed something on one of the security monitors.

“There she is,” Claire said after further observation.

It was Sherry, trapped inside some sort of sleep chamber.

“Look, here’s a map.”

Matthew gave the map that he found on one of the desks to Claire, and after looking through, she found out exactly where Sherry was held.

“Let’s go.”

They were walking through the small hallway when they suddenly heard a weak, low growl. Matthew quickly turned around, trying to see if anything was following them.

“Sorry, it was me…” Claire said as she held her stomach. “I haven’t really eaten for a while.”

Matthew took out a two candy bars from his pocket, and gave one to Claire.

“Well, I guess we should take a break. We are still human and all, we got to eat sometime.”

Matthew smiled as she watched Claire taking a huge bite on the candy bar he gave her. She really was hungry, and Matthew wondered a little on how long she’s been here.

“What are you staring at?” Claire said as she noticed Matthew’s smile.

“Nothing, nothing.” Matthew chuckled a little, trying to hide his laughter from Claire.

“So… While we’re taking a break, could I ask you something?”

“Again? What do you want to know now?” Matthew was clearly annoyed. She keeps asking questions from his personal life, which he is very uncomfortable in sharing.

“What’s your connection with Rebecca? How did you guys know each other?”

“Do you know Billy Coen?”

“The convict? He died years ago.”

“Well, I believe he’s still alive. Rebecca was the one who reported that he was dead, but I’m pretty sure she lied about it, considering the fact that she was avoiding me all the time and refused to answer my questions.”

“Why are you after him, anyway?”

“I know he’s got information about my brother. He’s still alive somewhere, I just don’t know where. Billy was part of that team that attacked the village where my brother was hiding, probably an attempt to cover up something my brother discovered. But after hearing that Umbrella was after him, I was pretty sure that the attack on that village he was hiding in was intentionally for him, not for terrorists. I don’t think that Billy was some sort of bad guy though, since one of my brother’s letters said that a man named Billy helped him and other villagers escape. I’m glad he escaped there, but it was sad that a lot of innocent villagers were killed there because of him, he felt guilty for it. I didn’t receive any more letters afterwards and I still had no idea if he’s still alive. But I’m willing to find him no matter what.”

After Matthew’s short but interesting story, Claire remembered her brother, Chris Redfield. She was inspired by this bond that Matthew had with his brother, and thought, Chris did save her a long time ago. He could easily compare Chris to Matthew for his ambition to find his brother, as for his ambition to find his sister, who was, because of her own rash actions, got her into Rockfort at the first place. Promises are promises, he had said before over and over. He has never broken a promise to her once before.

Sherry was kidnapped, and like Chris and Matthew, Claire had the ambition to save her. She was like a big sister to her. She took care of her back in Raccoon City with utmost responsibility. Now that she’s in danger again, Claire knew it was her responsibility to take her back.

“You done?” Matthew asked as he threw the wrapper into the trash can nearby.

“Yes.” Claire did the same thing, and then continued on to find Sherry.

A woman dropped in front of them though, it was the same woman that Matthew met before.

“Ada?” Claire said when she was able to fully recognize the woman’s face. “So, you’re still alive, just as Leon said you were.”

Ada seemed to have just ignored her, and went directly to Matthew.

“Here, I don’t need it anymore, I’m sure you still need this.” She handed over the file from before. It was a little crumpled, and some numbers were torn out of the paper.

“There are some rooms here that you wouldn’t want to go in, trust me.”

“How could I trust you, Ada? With all the secrets you’re hiding from me, it's very hard to do that.”

“That’s for you to decide for. I’m off, I still need to finish my objectives.”

Like before, she used her grapple gun and went off towards another room.

“Matthew, do you know everyone I know? It‘s like you’re some unknown relative that I never knew before.”

“Well, I guess my connections are just related to yours. It’s just a huge coincidence.” He smiled, then headed to the end of the hall. Claire followed after.

They arrived at the room where Sherry was held. It was fortunate that Ada has given back the file, since the room she was held in was completely locked, there was no way they could've gotten inside without the file.

Sherry was locked inside the sleep chamber, as expected. Claire went over to the computers in the small lab and the only way to unlock it was through a password.

"Any ideas?" Claire asked Matthew, who was examining the tube where Sherry was locked in. "Maybe we should check the files we've gathered, they may have some clues."

Something then struck Matthew's mind.

"Try... Gionne. I think it'll work."

Claire entered the password, and amazingly, it was the correct one.

The chamber opened, and there, Sherry's eyes slowly opened.

-End of Part 7

Levan

Polkka. lol

Matthew ran over to Sherry and grabbed her a second before she fell on the ground. Sherry was still shaken from the long sleep, it took a while before she was able to speak.

"C... Claire...?" Sherry said weakly as she held out her hand towards Claire.

"Don't worry Sherry, I'm here. Everything's okay, we'll get you home safely." Claire saw the happiness in Sherry's eyes as she held her hand. Sherry wasn't the 12 year old girl she knew. She was already 21, but a bit short for her age. She's fully matured, but Claire can still see the small little girl within her from years ago.

With great relief, Claire sighed, and brushed Sherry's hair like a mother to her daughter as her head was laid on Claire's lap. Matthew on the other hand, stayed by the door and waited. They can't go until Sherry can start walking normally.

Sherry started groaning, she was in pain.

"Sherry? What's the matter?"

"I'm having those headaches again..."

Matthew called Claire and threw her a bottle of paracetamol. "I knew this would happen, so I picked one up a while back."

Claire opened the bottle and gave Sherry a tablet, and then she gulped it down with Claire's water bottle.

"Thank you, Matthew." Sherry smiled at him as a sign of relief. It seems that Claire had already introduced him to her.

"No problem." Matthew said, but in his mind he knew Sherry had that virus inside of her, and there's no telling what could happen to her later on.

Claire was amazed at what Matthew did. She was too distracted with finding Sherry that she forgot about what she might have needed, the medicine. Claire saw Matthew like a loving father, doing his best to give what she needs.

"Let's go. I'm fine now." Sherry stood up from her chair, now ready to leave.

They walked out of the room, but then Matthew whispered to Claire, "Claire, I have to find Rebecca and the others first. If you want to, you can take Sherry and leave, I'll just call the chopper for you."

"We'll go together. We know that Sherry is our main objective, but I can't just leave you here all alone. Sherry's smart, she went through all this before and she survived. With both of us here, we can easily protect Sherry and ourselves as well."

Matthew had no choice but to accept.

They went on ahead, and they faced the infected again as before. Sherry really was a smart girl, she stayed close to them and warned them immediately if something's coming from any of their sides.

"Good work, Claire." It was the first time Matthew complimented her before.
"Thanks, Matthew. Don't let your guard down." There was some sort of bonding going on between them, Sherry noticed it but she just simply hid it inside her mind, but the thought of it makes her laugh, and at the same time she thought it was romantic.

They entered the final room in the area. There, they found dead bodies of Rebecca's team mates.

"Oh my god... Who could've done this?" Sherry said as she looked at the bodies of the officers.

They were all elite members, there was no way they could all die like that, Matthew thought as he went over to investigate the bodies. Claire went to the desks and checked them for clues.

Matthew noticed bullet wounds all over one of the bodies. As he checked the others, all had the same cause of death. They were all murdered.

"They didn't die from those infected. They were all killed... And I'm guessing it was that man that I met before."

"What man?" Claire asked.

"The man me and Rebecca met before we were seperated. The one who killed Emily..."

Claire looked over at the pile of papers on the desks and found one interesting file.

-------------------------
NEMESIS PROGRAM T-05 Report

At first I thought that it was near impossible to recreate Nemesis, since both me and Albert are now out of Umbrella. But fortunately, Albert has found a perfect subject, with almost the same genetic make-up of Sergei. With this, we were able to recreate the Nemesis T-Type, along with the NE-α parasite, thus Nemesis T-05 was born through our conducted research for almost 3 years.

T-05 was no ordinary tyrant. It has the basic capabilities of Nemesis, except we have utilized a special virus, special thanks to William Birkin. Due to that, this Nemesis now also has the same abilities of Albert. A perfect slave, as I would call it, all thanks to this virus, and the subject that Albert has retrieved.

------------------------

Albert Wesker... I knew he was behind all of this, Claire thought after reading the file.

"Help..."

Matthew raised his gun towards the direction of the voice, and was surprised to see one of the team members, lying on the floor, still alive.

The man had a gunshot wound on both of his arms and his side, he was lucky that he didn't get hit anywhere serious.

Matthew took a bandage and wrapped it around the wounds in his arms, and then stuck one on the wound on his side.

"Somebody ambushed us..." The man said weakly.

"You'll be alright. Can you walk?"

"Yes, I think so. Thank you."

The man stood up slowly with his handgun clutched on to his hand. As he balanced himself, he noticed Sherry, watching quietly near Claire.

"Is that, Sherry Birkin?"

"Yes. We should get out of here, now. We still need to find Rebecca."

"Rebecca... She's dead. That creature killed her..."

Matthew's eyes widened from shock. Rebecca was gone, they were too late.

"No..."

Matthew looked back and saw Claire, tears falling from her eyes after hearing the news. Sherry was comforting her with utmost care, the loss of Rebecca affected her very much.

Matthew had deep guilt for being too late. It was all my fault, Matthew thought to himself.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," said the man, who was also a bit guilty.

"It's okay. We have to go, Claire. There's nothing we could do."

Claire has already recovered as they left the room, and the man introduced himself to them. His name was Walter Richards, the weapons expert of the team. The loss of Rebecca was terrible, but they had to accomplish their mission.

They decided to head all the way back to the power room from before and find another route, Matthew remembered the Crimson Heads that filled one of the paths.

Matthew looked through the small window on the door that led to the power room, Nemesis was nowhere in sight.
"Alright, let's go."

With their firearms ready, they entered the room and scanned the room. It was safe.

"We should check over there." Matthew pointed to the steel door, the previous door that Rebecca entered when they were seperated.

"Stop right there!"

Matthew heard the voice of a man, coming from the other door.

There, he saw a middle-aged man holding a revolver, pointing towards them. Right beside him, a familiar woman with a bandage on her arm also held all of them at gunpoint.

"Rebecca?!" Matthew and Claire shouted both at once.

"Get away from him!"

Matthew then noticed that they weren't pointing at them, but instead, at Walter. Claire, Sherry, and Matthew headed towards Rebecca and the other man, now aware that Walter wasn't exactly one of the good guys.

Walter just laughed at them. "I thought I killed you, Rebecca. I guess not. But with all of you here now, I'm sure Ms. Gionne will be proud of me when I bring back Sherry and all four dead bodies."

Walter took out a syringe from his pocket. Acting fast, Matthew, Rebecca, Claire and the middle-aged man shot him numerous times on the chest. But, he was successful in injecting the syringe onto himself, and he started mutating violently.

All of them fired at Walter's mutating body, but not even bullets affected Walter. He changed into a gruesome form, something that Claire has already witnessed from before, the mutation of the G-virus.

Walter jumped toward them, attempting to crush them with its overwhelming strength. All of them got away safely, Matthew grabbed Sherry and took her to the previous room.
"Sherry, stay here. We'll take care of this. Just lock the door."

Sherry did as she was told after Matthew went back to the power room to help Claire and the others. When Matthew got there, all of them were continously firing at Walter with their firearms. Matthew knew already that they needed even more firepower.

"Matthew! You'll need this."

A rocket launcher fell from the ceiling. When Matthew looked up, he saw Ada, smiling at him. Ada again left the room through one of the upper windows. Matthew went over to the rocket launcher and picked it up.

"Typical Ada, she never ceases to amaze me with her tricks."

Soon, Rebecca, Claire, and the other man noticed that Matthew was holding a rocket launcher.

"Hey Walter!" Matthew shouted with utmost confidence.

Walter faced him, and there Matthew had already locked on him.

Matthew fired away, and the rocket took a direct hit on Walter's mutated head.

"Finally," said the man, who was now relieved that it was all over.

"Good job Matthew!" Claire shouted as she ran toward him.

When the smoke from the explosion was gone, however, the danger wasn't exactly over.

Walter's body was still intact, but this time, he looks much more different. His claw has extended to an extent that it can completely slice a whole bus in half. Like the Crimson Head that Claire and Matthew encountered before, tentacles came out from his back, but they were much, much more longer and thick enough that it could probably crush a human with full force.

Claire remembered Curtis Miller, what he looked like after mutating fully with the G-virus that was injected in him, but Walter looks far more dangerous than him.

With this evolved enemy at hand, they could only hope that they will live through it all.

-End of Part 8

Top Bottom