• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil: Damnation Trailer!

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
And where can we find this at? Do you have a link where they state this?

AtsAjVfCEAAl5W2.jpg:large

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Plus, Claire straight up admits that she is done fighting in the CANNON movie Resident Evil: Degeneration...If they pull her back into the fight it will be an insult to her character really...Characters that had good closure, like Claire, don't need to be brought back...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Plus, Claire straight up admits that she is done fighting in the CANNON movie Resident Evil: Degeneration...If they pull her back into the fight it will be an insult to her character really...Characters that had good closure, like Claire, don't need to be brought back...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

Actually though, I see that as saying that they aren't necessarily retired, just that they aren't in Resident Evil 6. I agree with KennedyKiller that Claire has had her closure in Degeneration, but that doesn't mean to say that Jill might not make an appearance sometime in the future. Maybe this is just my take on things though.

BranBran

That does not say anyone is retired. As far as the movie goes, who cares? Just because she said that, does not mean that something won't bring her back in a future Resident Evil GAME. Just because she says she is done fighting doesn't mean something drastic could make her fight again. To go through what she went through, there is no reason for her to not fight, especially if her beloved brother is still in the fight. :)

Reactions: svp

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Actually though, I see that as saying that they aren't necessarily retired, just that they aren't in Resident Evil 6. I agree with KennedyKiller that Claire has had her closure in Degeneration, but that doesn't mean to say that Jill might not make an appearance sometime in the future. Maybe this is just my take on things though.
That does not say anyone is retired. As far as the movie goes, who cares? Just because she said that, does not mean that something won't bring her back in a future Resident Evil GAME. Just because she says she is done fighting doesn't mean something drastic could make her fight again. To go through what she went through, there is no reason for her to not fight, especially if her beloved brother is still in the fight. :)

They did say they are retired in yet another statement but that I cant find now. But yh Im sure something will bring them back one way or another.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
They did say they are retired in yet another statement but that I cant find now. But yh Im sure something will bring them back one way or another.

I hope so, wouldn't like it if they just faded away. Maybe in RE6 they'll mention what they're up to.

BranBran

Well, at least Sherry did mention Claire in that one video! That's better than NOTHING right? Lol. ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There is every reason for her to stay out of the fight...her only two games her purpose was to find Chris...That's been done...In Degeneration, which is CANNON, she was caught up by mistake...for that to keep happening would be unrealistic...and Capcom prides themselves on their realistic characters...Besides...She doesn't WANT to fight...

zeroskaterz92

oh so by returning her character with a caught up mistake like in Degeneration movie, for about another one or two games? "i don't want to fight and yet this ****ty things always drag me for more than three to four times". seriously that **** blows. it will ruin her character and it's cliche a.k.a. boring pattern. just because his brother fight, doesn't mean she need to fight as well.
realistic point of view, if you have a little sister, would you allow her to fight? you'll wonder if she might get kill, and it will affect your concentration. just look at RE6, Chris ****ed up about his dead comrades, imagine if it's Claire? Chris would've just kill himself by drinking too much alcoholic, yup, what an honorable death at the bar somewhere in Eastern Europe.

BranBran

There is every reason for her to stay out of the fight...her only two games her purpose was to find Chris...That's been done...In Degeneration, which is CANNON, she was caught up by mistake...for that to keep happening would be unrealistic...and Capcom prides themselves on their realistic characters...Besides...She doesn't WANT to fight...
Yea, like Wesker's Report? How he took Sherry and Capsom changed that?? But I suppose that's not cannon anymore, right? It sure was back when Code:Veronica was out, lol. Anyways, I don't see Claire just sitting on the side lines while all these people she knows are fighting lol. Sounds like some people just don't wanna see her again. All I want is for her to come back. Is that so bad? lol. :p

JeffreyScott13

Wesker never took Sherry. He had agents in the gov. that were watching her for him. He had a hunch that she would end up being special. Being the daughter of the man who could match his intelligence.

svp

idk why they didnt make Claire an agent in the first place. She was more skilled and qualified then some of the main crew. Maybe she will put on a badge in the future....it isnt the last of her. Again, if Capcom can revive men who get impaled by Tyrants and have ppl in helicopter crashes survive, why would it sound crazy if a living character makes a re appearance

BranBran

idk why they didnt make Claire an agent in the first place. She was more skilled and qualified then some of the main crew. Maybe she will put on a badge in the future....it isnt the last of her. Again, if Capcom can revive men who get impaled by Tyrants and have ppl in helicopter crashes survive, why would it sound crazy if a living character makes a re appearance
Thank you! And in Wesker's Report, he did take Sherry, but then later on Capcom changed it. But like I said, Claire is bad ass and needs to come back. It just seems like some of you people try to be all smart about the game but I don't care lol, I just want Claire. So let me say this: I don't care who is "retired" or who said they are finished fighting. That means nothing to me lol. Thanks guys, bye bye ;)

Reactions: svp

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I'm pretty sure both Claire and Jill will be back just to please the fans, there was basically an uproar about this game because they weren't in it. They'll find some way to bring them back.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yea, like Wesker's Report? How he took Sherry and Capsom changed that?? But I suppose that's not cannon anymore, right? It sure was back when Code:Veronica was out, lol. Anyways, I don't see Claire just sitting on the side lines while all these people she knows are fighting lol. Sounds like some people just don't wanna see her again. All I want is for her to come back. Is that so bad? lol. :p
Wesker's Report WAS cannon...It is not anymore..However, Degeneration IS cannon...And Damnation will be as well when it comes out...So the information given in these movies should be taken EXACTLY like it should if one was playing a game...And it's not so wrong to want to see her again...I quite love Claire...But I don't see any point in bringing her back...It's a waste...Claire doesn't WANT to fight...She isn't working on the sidelines...She's working for TeraSave...

BranBran

Wesker's Report WAS cannon...It is not anymore..However, Degeneration IS cannon...And Damnation will be as well when it comes out...So the information given in these movies should be taken EXACTLY like it should if one was playing a game...And it's not so wrong to want to see her again...I quite love Claire...But I don't see any point in bringing her back...It's a waste...Claire doesn't WANT to fight...She isn't working on the sidelines...She's working for TeraSave...
Ummm, that's the point, dude. It USE to be cannon lol. Capcom can do as they please and change what they want so please get off my balls about something stupid such as Claire coming back to the series. I see you like to be right all the time, but not this time.....Sorry....Capcom can do it if they please and that's that. ;)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ummm, that's the point, dude. It USE to be cannon lol. Capcom can do as they please and change what they want so please get off my balls about something stupid such as Claire coming back to the series. I see you like to be right all the time, but not this time.....Sorry....Capcom can do it if they please and that's that. ;)
But the medium was different...A difficult to get your hands on small time movie is a TOTALLY different medium than a mass produced full length movie...It would be MUCH harder to change that, and let's face it, it would be a much messier fix because SO many more people saw Degeneration...And it's more than a report...It's an event...It is an Outbreak that happened...It is an outbreak in which was even referenced in RE5...And not only is there Degeneration, but Damnation, the cannon RE6 prequel...If Capcom were to go back and make those non-cannon it is a huge slap in the face to both the fans, and to the games story...It's an insult...A 20 minute mini movie is one thing, but a full length feature film is another...

Top Bottom