• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil 7 Speculation

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Editors note: I promised a fair few people that I would post my Resident Evil 7 speculation that wrote up prior to E3. I'm hoping that we will see something by TGS regarding RE7. I also want to add that I actually would not be surprised if Resident Evil 7 is a console exclusive.

maxresdefault.jpg

Introduction:

For the past few years Resident Evil 7 has been a controversial subject for many fans and gamers alike. The expectations are unprecedented given the quality of the gameplay the series is known for and the stakes have never been higher for Capcom. Resident Evil 6 was a massive disappointment for the majority of the fans, despite being a good game in its own rights subjective to the opinion of many. It is believed that Resident Evil 7 has been in development before 6 hit the street date and has seen multiple revisions since. As long time fan I will examine the various rumors regarding the game and include my own speculation on the matters myself. Capcom needs a miracle and I believe that Resident Evil 7 will be the game that we've all be waiting for.

Another soft-reboot:

Many fans believe that Capcom needs to once again overhaul major elements of the Resident Evil franchise to appeal to the core fanbase while pushing the characters and plot forward. This very well may be exactly what Capcom is doing and as a result it may be a very special entry in one of gaming's most prominent franchises. Roughly over a year ago, perhaps two, there was a very interesting rumor regarding to the gameplay elements of the next major installment in the series. One which at the time I called bull**** on and now I ponder that it may be true. The rumor claimed that the game will return to the survival horror roots and will be unrecognizable at first sight to the fans. The game was claimed to be closer to Silent Hill more so than Resident Evil and that it would focus more or less on paranormal and supernatural aspects rather than traditional biological (pseudo)sciences we are used to. This seems like an outcry at first because it would be a stretch from the plot but in reality it is not (I will return to this later). With a new found focus on psychological horror the game may actually feature a complete lack of guns, another first for the series. We may also see a single (speculated to be female) protagonist who does not have a partner. This would put the entire co-op play at great risk and would alienate the fans who've enjoyed that feature since 5. Perhaps it is a necessary evil to revitalize new life into an old franchise.

resident_evil__wallpaper_by_ethaclane-d7n4t1x.jpg

Characters and Plot:

It is well known by fans that some of the games have major impacts on the overall story arch while others like Resident Evil 4 and the first Revelations stand on their own without feeling overwhelming or convoluted to the average gamer. Many fans demand the return of the deceased Albert Wesker. It took me over 5 years myself to accept his death and I regret to say his return doesn't seem likely. We have other potentially bigger but truly more horrifying threats to deal with now, along with more mysteries. It's been speculated that Resident Evil 7 would star one of the following protagonist: Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Jake Muller, or Sherry Birkin. Many people believe that the Jake's story will continue in Resident Evil 7 and I think this was the plan Capcom had originally intended. I do not believe that this is the case anymore and we very well may not see the continuation of the characters we all love until Resident Evil 8; unless there are multiple playable characters. It is possible that we will play small segments of other characters to witness "real world" consequences of a war within. Hearts and minds must be conquered in order to truly rule the world and such manipulation is easily swayed by the most corrupt and wealthy people.

WarningBiohazard2.jpg

WARNING: Up until this point I have refrained from containing spoilers! I am now about delve into my theory of Resident Evil 7 regarding gameplay, characters, and plot.

You have been warned!

RESIDENT-EVIL-REVELATIONS-2_20150314012345-1560x950_c.jpg

The Angel Within:

Lets say that Resident Evil 7 really is a soft-reboot that brings survival horror back to its true former glory and ditches the series recent images of Hollywood block buster actions. Lets pretend that the claims of the game being a psychological horror rather than a survival horror were a fact rather than a theory. How would this even be possible? How could the game be more like silent hill? How could it survive without guns? No co-op and a new never before seen female protagonist? This must be outrageous and Capcom has either gotten their senses together or decided to get stoned until they forgot what their series was about. It is true that Natalia is no longer a new character but she's here and now. Revelations 2 may have very well set up all the groundwork for Resident Evil 7; and while many people are lead to believe that now Alex is now reborn within Natalia; Natalia's vessel as Alex will be the main antagonist for our mainstay heroes to stop from her reign of terror. It is true Alex plans to make the world very afraid and she will likely throw these plans into motion and will continue to push the series forward. However, many people don't realise that Natalia may very well be the main protagonist after all. "A cage went in search of a bird, and now the bird is gone, the bird has changed." I am now convinced that the only way for the theories stated above to be correct is if Resident Evil 7 were to take place within Natalia's mind. A battle for freedom as her consciousness tries to regain control of her own body all while clinging onto her life as Wesker creates the most horrifying scenarios to keep Natalia forever trapped in a dark void of endless nightmares. An opportunity for Capcom to create an acid trip of horrific scenarios for gamers to participate in without needing to worry about sensible logic. A potential of which could create one of the greatest entries in the Resident Evil saga and perhaps one of the most horrific experiences in the history of video games.

Imagine a scenario where dolls come to life and arms and faces come out of walls trying to grab you. As you run down hallways the door gets further and further away as get your foot stuck into the floor. Horrifying monsters are coming toward you and the only thing you have to defeat the darkness if your light! Your flash light. Imagine Alex constantly coming out of no where and taunting you as she creates horrifying experiences for you in order to keep Natalia's will broken. Imagine reliving the events of the fall of Terragrigia and the death of her parents and then suddenly the city becomes alive again and her parents are monsters that are out for her blood. Imagine Lottie chasing you with a butcher knife and you need to crawl your way away form him and find a safe place to hide. Puzzles that are based on Alex's poetry and horrifying traps that will keep you barred into the void of darkness. Your running down the street then suddenly the ground turns to black goo and consumes you underwater and you see creepy monsters like a mutated jelly fish clawing to get to you. Imagine Barry's house turning into a huge mansion and Natalia finds Moira, Barry, Polly, and Claire all dead and reanimated as zombies trying to kill her. The only thing Natalia has to fight is her love and her light. A light that Alex wishes to keep as dim as possible. A light that is Natalia's only hope to break free from the shackling darkness and fear manifested upon her. He only change to break the cage and fly away.

tumblr_nkzycshtR11slipmdo1_500.jpg

The future of horror:
A return to survival horror presents a major problem. Once we return to the real world action centric characters like Jake and Chris need to be accounted for. It is very likely once Alex is defeated and pushed out of Natalia's body she will likely escape and need a new vessel. There are many potential candidates for this such as Sherry Birkin thanks to her bonding to the G-Virus and ability to live for 300-400 years. Or perhaps uploading herself within technology and/or transcend into something greater would be an interesting, yet different route to take. Characters like Jake, Leon, and others will need to rush to the rescue. More survival horror based characters like Claire and Moira will likely be involved as well. Of course Natalia will likely fight Wesker in the real world as well. A fine line will need to be drawn between survival horror and action in order to push the story forward. Do not be surprised if characters like Chris Redfield retire or die heroic and selfless sacrificial deaths in order to push into this new direction and create emotional distress for long time fans. It is also a fact that Capcom has been adding a younger generation of heroes to the Resident Evil universe such as Jake, Sherry, Moira, and Natalia. Alex Wesker has de-aged to a younger age. We may very well be hitting an era where our older heroes that we all know and love are about to retire or take roles in a higher command. Perhaps the torch is now being passed down, but don't count them out because we will definitely be playing as them again at some point.
Without a doubt Alex Wesker will likely become the new face of evil for a long time to come. She may very well be the final end game villain for the series as she is the brightest and best of them all and her potential is beyond limits. I suggest people not to expect her to be the villain in every future title as other villains will shine in between titles to keep the games fresh. After all we have questions regarding Ada Wong and unfortunately the family that must be accounted for as well. Breaks between villains is a familiar concept and has been done with Albert Wesker and I would like to believe that Capcom learnt from their mistake of killing Albert off. Unfortunately this may be a blessing because Alex Wesker is EXACTLY what Resident Evil needs. A villain whose focus and desire is to consume the world with fear and holds intentions of horrific deeds. An endless excuse to keep the survival horror genre alive and well. Also a potential to build the strongest female antagonist in gaming history. A trophy that is easily attainable as there are very few major mainstay female antagonist worth mentioning in the world of video games. All Hail Wesker!

11541926_10152966610505205_5948146504782780326_n.jpg

Conclusion:
Capcom couldn't be in a stronger position with Resident Evil 7 and the potential to push survival horror into new depths is unparalleled. It is only a matter of time until TGS and the potential unveiling of Resident Evil 7 on the worlds stage. Perhaps my theories are correct or perhaps they are wrong. That is the fun of speculation! Deep down I have a gut intuition that tells me, right or wrong, Resident Evil 7 is going to be the game Capcom needs and the game that will absolutely blow us away. Every now and then you get that feeling that something is about to happen, something so epic and so great that you can't contain the feeling. I am confident that this is the game we have been waiting for and the game that everyone hoped Resident Evil 6 was meant to be. The hype is real and the countdown to your greatest nightmares is near its expiration date.

Last edited:

SteelEagle

Lots of good stuff. I'll admit that the supernatural elements in Rev 2 really tuned me off story wise, and if the series went psych horror, I'm not sure I'd really be into it all that much. The Silent Hill series is an awesome series of games that I have a hard time finishing because I can't get into that horror. Games where you are helpless- such as Amnesia- do the same thing to me. I understand why they are scary but I just can't get into them.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't blame you. I am kind of the same way but if this is done right I think it would be amazing. I don't think it needs to be slow paced like those games. As long as stuff is consistently occurring and there is always something keeping you on edge. Then the game can be very exciting, the flash light could be a really good substitute as a weapon. It would be a little less like Moira's flash light but a lot more damaging like it was in Alan Wake. Monsters could dissipate after they take enough light or be scared and forced to back away. This would give Natalia enough time to get away or find a way to escape and finally break free from her shackles.

I would love to see her break free and/or at least see what she is going through inside of her mind personally. As for how likely this is? It's hard to say, given all the rumors that are going around. I'm more or less willing to believe this one over many of the nonsensical others which presents nothing of substance. I wished I could find the sources and I have been looking for a while as I had wanted to use them as a source for this part of my theory. Unfortunately I read it a while ago and regrettably I didn't save it. I believe it was published roughly a year ago and the resemblance to some of the things in Revelations 2 strikes me very eerily.

So hey! It's just a theory but I don't think stuff like "Alice will make a debuted appearance" or "Albert is a live and well and Jake is going to fight him" hold much substance. Especially the first one! I am also aware that the logo for 7 I used is fake. It looked cool and was the closest thing I could use to represent the game.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
My speculations about RE 7:

1. The game will probably use the brand new Panta Rhei engine which I hope provides great graphics without sacrificing FPS or aspect ratio and better optimization for current gen systems than MT Framework.

2. Single player gameplay (still optimistic about this).

3. 2016 release date.

SteelEagle

I don't blame you. I am kind of the same way but if this is done right I think it would be amazing. I don't think it needs to be slow paced like those games. As long as stuff is consistently occurring and there is always something keeping you on edge. Then the game can be very exciting, the flash light could be a really good substitute as a weapon. It would be a little less like Moira's flash light but a lot more damaging like it was in Alan Wake. Monsters could dissipate after they take enough light or be scared and forced to back away. This would give Natalia enough time to get away or find a way to escape and finally break free from her shackles.

I would love to see her break free and/or at least see what she is going through inside of her mind personally. As for how likely this is? It's hard to say, given all the rumors that are going around. I'm more or less willing to believe this one over many of the nonsensical others which presents nothing of substance. I wished I could find the sources and I have been looking for a while as I had wanted to use them as a source for this part of my theory. Unfortunately I read it a while ago and regrettably I didn't save it. I believe it was published roughly a year ago and the resemblance to some of the things in Revelations 2 strikes me very eerily.

So hey! It's just a theory but I don't think stuff like "Alice will make a debuted appearance" or "Albert is a live and well and Jake is going to fight him" hold much substance. Especially the first one! I am also aware that the logo for 7 I used is fake. It looked cool and was the closest thing I could use to represent the game.

Thing is: As much as I liked Alan Wake, I liked it in a rental sort of sense. In fact it was the final game I ever rented from Blockbuster! I'm just not a fan of supernatural or otherwise unusual enemies that you can't harm by just shooting them. If RE7 turns that route- supernatural- I'm just not gonna be intrigued. The elements in REV2 that were supernatural turned me off considerably. The stuff with Alex Wesker and Natalia- meh. So meh it hurts.

What makes survival horror to me is a belief that I am in control- and a faced with overwhelming odds. Supernatural elements make me feel as if I am out of control and the odds I face almost don't matter. What made RE work was a belief that I, as a cop, could survive through my wits and skills. My enemies were biological. That same 'ease' makes it more horrifying- because I am in control and am equipped(barely) to deal with it, I can fail. And my failure is what leads to my defeat. In supernatural horror games, so much of your defeat is up not to your own skills, but the power of the supernatural foe you face. I am at the mercy of it. For some people this is scarier: For me, it is less so.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Thing is: As much as I liked Alan Wake, I liked it in a rental sort of sense. In fact it was the final game I ever rented from Blockbuster! I'm just not a fan of supernatural or otherwise unusual enemies that you can't harm by just shooting them. If RE7 turns that route- supernatural- I'm just not gonna be intrigued. The elements in REV2 that were supernatural turned me off considerably. The stuff with Alex Wesker and Natalia- meh. So meh it hurts.

What makes survival horror to me is a belief that I am in control- and a faced with overwhelming odds. Supernatural elements make me feel as if I am out of control and the odds I face almost don't matter. What made RE work was a belief that I, as a cop, could survive through my wits and skills. My enemies were biological. That same 'ease' makes it more horrifying- because I am in control and am equipped(barely) to deal with it, I can fail. And my failure is what leads to my defeat. In supernatural horror games, so much of your defeat is up not to your own skills, but the power of the supernatural foe you face. I am at the mercy of it. For some people this is scarier: For me, it is less so.

I fully understand what you are trying to say. I agree that Rev 2 brings back a lot of the classic horror roots while bringing new concepts to the series. Albert Wesker's powers would also be considered over the top, but can clearly be seen as a physical enhancement that follows the same laws as B.O.W's or any other mutation. Just simply bonded to a person as was the whole point of the researches on these viruses. At the same time Alex's experiments are also applied sciences that are more mental and psychological than they are physical. The concepts of transferring a consciousness is an idea that many scientist theorise about. Because these things occur in Natalia's head it is fully scientific even if it gives a feeling of supernatural because Alex controls these aspects within Natalia in an attempted to drown her out and keep a foot on her head. This will result in far more aggressive tug-of-wars in the future as time passes. As for Natalia's ability to see through walls is something that is supernatural. Natalia mentions to Claire and Moira that she is not scared because she can see the monsters through walls and what not. This is BEFORE Alex gets her greasy hands on her and is able to perform any enhancements she may have done. Another odd thing to mention is that Anpo said that the powers within Alex were transferred to Natalia, meaning the powers from Project W. that were hindered within her because of her "disease" supressed what ever abilities she may have had. This gives to question as if both the original Alex and the one in Natalia are one and the same and Alex blew her brains out to be "whole" again. Being revived made her once again to be whole and she needed to "kill" and "crush" Natalia so only SHE would reside and be true. A split consciousness of multiple experience so to speak. This is something that is in great debate amongst fans and director interviews seem to flip-flop back and forth between the two. Perhaps we will get a definite answer at some point. I do understand by what you mean by "lack of control", personally I can't stand supernatural horror films and I find them boring. In a game I find them somewhat exciting and at the same time.... Alex Wesker is obsessed with control and manipulation of others. She is the type that would without a doubt leave people with no choice or ability to use their own skill. During Claire's campaign Rev 2 she is watching you through security cameras and opening doors for you. She is guiding Claire and Moira (you the player) through the game on her terms to test her subjects. To pit them against horrifying odds and puzzles to see if you deem worthy. Both Claire and Moira displayed nervousness and anxiety and were there deemed unworthy of the experiment and eliminated from the equation. Alex lost interest in both of them. It is without a doubt that Alex will take the power of self-control from our heroes and the player will have a feeling that you are playing the game on her terms and a sense of having no free will. The bad ended left you in a state of complete defeat as she leave Barry there to suffer with his failures and the player has no choice in this matter. In the good ending you get a very small sense of satisfaction after the boss fight, yet it was completely pointless because she WANTED her original vessel dead to begin with and she had already won by achieving her goals. Once again leaving the player to be left in the sense that they were on her terms and had minimal impact on her goals by only delaying her by 2 years. Either way the game ends with Alex giving a big hearty "**** You" to the player.

jayshizzo

Let the story line / speculation be for rev3 not re7.resident evil 7 should focus on realistic horror.In my opinion Alex is not the best villain for the re7 franchise.her storyline of how she came to existence is questionable,her actions in the course of the game is questionable and she is not a badass like the rest of them.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Let the story line / speculation be for rev3 not re7.resident evil 7 should focus on realistic horror.In my opinion Alex is not the best villain for the re7 franchise.her storyline of how she came to existence is questionable,her actions in the course of the game is questionable and she is not a badass like the rest of them.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I think Alex Wesker is the character who will bring horror back and she is by far the scariest and sinister villain in the series. She is capable of unleashing true horror because of her ambitions for fear and not just some "insert ulterior motive here" causes a disaster. I think her actions are very well explained and her existence is quite well established in Resident Evil 5 where she was first introduced. She was actually mentioned and hinted at in the main storyline before "Lost In Nightmares" was released.

I disagree about her not being an badass because her character is more focused intellectually rather than in sheer strength. That being said in the bad ending she ripped her former self with her bare hands like butter. The sheer ease she displayed in doing so gives an idea of how strong she is when her powers returned. Albert himself even grunts and displays an effort as minor as it may be. She just ripped her old monstrous body like she was bored and it was just "meh".

Albert Wesker is the most badass villain and is one of my all time favorite villains in video games. Alex is really starting to catch up and even replace him. We know she is the "brightest and the best" of all the Wesker's, that was established in RE5. I think Alex may very well end up being the best villain in the series and she could have been pulling strings for a while. The way she words things adds a lot to her character and makes her all the more sinister. She's not just some "hur hur hur I'mma rule the world and destroy it" kind of villain. She's cruel and wants the world to suffer, sure, but she has very different vision and philosophy on those matters. She's also the only villain to calculate and retain control over situations, to play others like they are pawns on a chess board. Alex Wesker has been built up for quite a long time and debatably there are a few things in RE6 that points some fingers to her without and real obvious indications. I will be replaying the game in the very near future and take another look at these parts for myself. I defiantly would love to hear on why you think that Alex is not a bad ass. How is Carla or Saddlar a better villain than Alex? How are any of the other villains more scary than someone who can manipulate and main control and devotion from others? Someone who's main focus is fear. She is truly a character that was created for horror. At least that is my opinion ;)

jayshizzo

first question: the origin of alex wesker is not well explained,we just saw a picture of her and wesker.I havent played lost in nightmares dlc so i can't comment on that but will check on it especially the highlights on youtube

second question:she killed herself when claire and moira disovered her(why?) and how was she able to come out as form as a monster and is 3. she possesing natalia?story does not make sense .

fourth question:why put them on an island and not infect them,(infect only the others) what is the purpose of taking them to the island in the first place?... she had all the time to kill moira to **** barry off.why didn't she?...why is she scared of natalia ?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
first question: the origin of alex wesker is not well explained,we just saw a picture of her and wesker.I havent played lost in nightmares dlc so i can't comment on that but will check on it especially the highlights on youtube
second question:she killed herself when claire and moira disovered her(why?) and how was she able to come out as form as a monster and is 3. she possesing natalia?story does not make sense .
fourth question:why put them on an island and not infect them,(infect only the others) what is the purpose of taking them to the island in the first place?... she had all the time to kill moira to **** barry off.why didn't she?...why is she scared of natalia ?

I can actually understand your confusion now. I can explain most of these questions as well and I will do so as best as I can. Bare with me because this is going to be a lONG READ! :p

1) The origin of Alex was more explained in RE5 LiN. In the main story of RE5 we hear talk between Spencer and Albert regarding Project W. and how Spencer planned to make a superior race of beings to inhibit the new world that Spencer was to rule. In act 6-2 we also find a document on the ship that is a report on Project W. It is signed and written by none other than Alex herself. She was very well aware of Project W. for a long time. You can read about this document here http://residentevil.wikia.com/Report_on_Project_W_-_August_28,_1998

Lost in Nightmares explores Alex's character a lot more. Her story is HEAVILY explained and told through documents in both RE5 and Rev 2. If you scroll down on the link I gave you, you will see documents labelled "Spencer's memoirs". These documents will answer a lot of your questions. It is clearly stated that Alex was Spencer's favorite and that she the brightest and the best out of ALL the Wesker's. All of the Wesker's were kept isolated and did not know of each other and grew up in controlled environments. If you read Albert Wesker's file in the documents in RE5, it will explain this.

Alex was working on achieving Immortality for Spencer. She was researching the Progenitor virus in order to find out how to prolong life and become immortal. She was given vast amounts of wealth, resources, and employees for this task. She of course betrayed Spencer and moved away from the island she was at and went to another island somewhere by Russia.

2) Alex Wesker was obsessed with being a god and more so than Albert was. She was also obsessed with living forever. These are two things that Revelations 2 makes very clear and inescapable. Her body was getting old and she had a disease that hindered her from all of her "powers". She realised that no matter what, the body will still age and she was near death. She then poured all her resources into understanding the consciousness and how to transfer it due to the lack of time she had. She killed herself because she transferred her consciousness into Natalia and had no need for her original vessel anymore. She believed that she would now become a god and that she had found away to conquer both life and death itself. At this point, she is basically immortal and transfer/copy her consciousness as many times as she needs until the end of time.

While it is true that Alex had conquered fear, she miscalculated one thing. When she pulled the trigger and the bullet left the chamber and penetrated her skull, she felt a trace of true fear. This caused her brain to release noradrenaline and noradrenaline is the chemical that the T-Phobo's virus reacts with to kill and mutate the unworthy vessels. This caused Alex to be reanimated and become a monster. Unlike most people she was able to retain her consciousness and control herself due to her "superior" nature. In the final fight you can see that Uroboros bonded to her very well.

One of the biggest debates is if the Alex in Natalia is a copy or if it is a transfer of herself. This is something that has been "flip-flopped" in developer interviews. It sounds like Alex needs to kill one of them to be "whole again". This will be argued between fans until we get answers in the future and neither side can be proven despite those who say otherwise.

From another perspective Alex says "My brother's escape was death, and soon it will be mine too" "I will share in his fate, and then I will surpass him". This is referring to how Albert faked his death in the first came back stronger than ever. There are A LOT of things in Rev 2 that is familiar to the first game.
3) Alex's consciousness was now inside Natalia. Barry's story takes place 6 months later and the transfer process takes about 6 months to complete. If you played the little miss episode you learn that Natalia woke up from her slumber and has had internal "tug-of-wars" with Alex. Natalia think's this girl within her just wants to be her friend. Alex's true intentions is to break Natalia's will and mind in order to take full control over her. She used Lottie as these means but unfortunately for her Natalia found Barry.

At the end of episode one, when Natalia tells Barry that "Moira is dead". It was actually Alex trying to take control of Natalia and **** Barry off. Alex also truly believes that Moira died when the tower fell. She also lead the two of them to the tower. Natalia's memories were being mixed with Natalia's and Natalia was becoming confused. Both Natalia and Alex are exceptional people that are mentally strong and have powerful consciousness. This is why Natalia was able to fight Alex off for so long. Alex chose Natalia because she believed that her experience and surviving the lose of her parents, Terragrigia fall, and such suffering at a young age has caused her to lose the ability to feel fear. She wanted someone who was strong and adaptable. Had Alex choose to use Claire, Moira, or anyone else..... Alex would have dominated them upon awakening. Everyone including Claire and Moira became nervous or anxious, but not terrified. The T-Phobos within their veins is something that was stated to be explored at a later date.

As to answer why Alex was scared of Natalia. Alex was not scared of Natalia at all. She was scared of herself within Natalia. At the end of episode 3 she see's herself within Natalia and we only see Alex's eyes looking into Natalia (Alex's) eyes and knows that her experiment was not a failure after all. Now she needs to "destroy" Natalia and trigger a permanent awakening to awaken within. Some people also conceive that Alex felt her experiment to be a mistake and wanted to kill the other Alex. This would defeat the whole purpose of the Alex's goals and contradict everything she said and what was explained in the documents earlier.

3) The reason she brought them all to the island was to find a suitable vessel for herself. She injected everyone of them with the T-Phobos virus. Those who felt fear were incapable for her needs and were not a suitable vessel. The virus would react with the noradrenaline and cause them to mutate. Alex was OBESSED with fear and her character is very well centered on the fixation of fear and immortality as well as her "god complex". She then selected the most promising vessel, but also the most dangerous one and she believed that eventually Natalia would break and lose to Alex. Even though Natalia DID break, it took far longer than Alex wanted it to take. It took 2 years in the canon ending and Alex wanted it to occur instantly upon awakening.

Once Alex decided on her vessel she no longer had any need for Claire of Moira. So she initiated an explosion to eliminate them. Personally I don't think Alex really cared if Claire or Moira died or not. She did want the tower to be destroyed and all evidence of her was erased and Natalia was well protected in an isolated location that would not be harmed. In earlier documents you learn that the scientist were killed and even committed suicide in Alex's honor to keep these secrets tight.

We know that Claire and Moira never found out that the overseer was Alex Wesker. Claire said that she couldn't figure her out and was upset that the secrets "died" with her. It is unknown if Barry even mentioned to anyone that it was Alex Wesker or if he kept that a secret because it doesn't matter anymore if she's "dead" and would only cause a ****storm with most of the main characters. I can see Chris and Jill flipping the hell out over this and there would be some pretty hefty reactions to some of the characters. We can't prove or disprove that Barry did, or did not mention anything. Everyone that knew anything about Alex had a tight lid around them. Alex even had the nearest B.S.A.A. location under her watch and silent. Barry was unable to get information from them when he went there to find out about the distress call. Alex had influence in Terra Save and mentions Lansdale from the FBC. It is currently unknown how many strings Alex is pulling and how involved she is in the RE universe. Some speculate that she is going to take over the Family or revive Umbrella for her own desires and visions for the world. This is of course just a theory.

Alex's whole goal was with Natalia. Not with Barry or Moira and they were just simply obstacles and had no need to just kill them. It often felt like she just ignored them and didn't give a single **** that day. In the bad ending she left Barry to die and suffer in is own guilt and failure. Alex is more interested in the fear and suffering of others than she is in just killing them. She is a true sadist and even admitted to Barry that Moira was underneath the mountains of pain in despair with the rest of them. This last quote gives to question on if the consciousness is just a "copy" then how would the Alex within Natalia know that Moira was dead? She wouldn't have any knowledge of the tower collapsing and killing off Moira and Claire because both her and Natalia are under. Also the transfer was only starting so there wouldn't be anything to remember..... Ugh the whole copy or original half-split consciousness is a real headache when it comes to the evidence.

The bottom line for me is that Revelations 2 made perfect sense and almost all of the answers with within the game. Alex's story is understood in both RE5 and Rev 2, but this is only the beginning. There is so much mystery around this character, a character who put so much effort in her secrecy. Much like Albert, she operated from behind the scenes in the shadows but was much more successful in doing so and didn't make big appearances to boost her ego. She does have a HUGE ego and has to prove she's better than everyone else and makes them feel hopeless and worthless beyond words. Albert will just kick your ass, Alex will make you suffer in ways you would rather kill yourself than face. I think we are just seeing the "birth" of Alex and that there is much more to come. She may very well become the series best villain and perhaps the biggest villain who has been pulling strings from the events of the first game. Given how involved she was in many past affairs.... it wouldn't be surprising. I also think that Alex Wesker is one of the best written and most in-depth character in the whole series. Unfortunately you do need to read countless of documents to understand her character as her story is delivered through these means than she is in cutscenes. Like I said before, she is mysterious and horrifying.

bad_egg156

Revelations 3 would fill the bill, IMHO. The way I see it, revelations does have its own momentum with Claire and Moira (backed up by Barry) later have to deal with 'dark' Natalia. Imagine Moira also have her supernatural abilities battling out against Natalex. Imagine the Burton's house and its neighboring areas becoming an area full of zombies and supernatural creatures. Yet the zombies are different because those zombies are fear-instilled not just some infected ones.
RE 7, I do hope, traces back to the eerie atmosphere of the original Resident Evil. I miss the creaking sound of the stairs....not knowing what's behind the closed doors, not realizing the danger waiting upstairs, down the sewers, and so on. If I have the pleasure of choosing, I would love to play as Jake and Sherry trying to find more clues back 'home'.
The Spencer Mansion, the Arklay mountain, the devastated Raccoon City. :)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Revelations 3 would fill the bill, IMHO. The way I see it, revelations does have its own momentum with Claire and Moira (backed up by Barry) later have to deal with 'dark' Natalia. Imagine Moira also have her supernatural abilities battling out against Natalex. Imagine the Burton's house and its neighboring areas becoming an area full of zombies and supernatural creatures. Yet the zombies are different because those zombies are fear-instilled not just some infected ones.
RE 7, I do hope, traces back to the eerie atmosphere of the original Resident Evil. I miss the creaking sound of the stairs....not knowing what's behind the closed doors, not realizing the danger waiting upstairs, down the sewers, and so on. If I have the pleasure of choosing, I would love to play as Jake and Sherry trying to find more clues back 'home'.
The Spencer Mansion, the Arklay mountain, the devastated Raccoon City. :)

To be honest.... I don't see this being the case.... at all. Alex will show up in a numbered title and she is a MAJOR character of the Resident Evil universe and she was also first mentioned in RE5. The Revelation games take place between two numbered titles and we can assume Revelations 3 will take place between 6 and 7. Also it's been rumored that Rebecca will be the main protagonist of Revelations 3 and/or Billy Coen. One of the directors already stated that he "takes note" of this demand.

I'm pretty sure Alex is going to be one of the main villains of the series. I don't think her next move would fit the whole "isolated" feelings the Revelation games give. She's done her work and is ready to play... big. Who knows.... Leon went public about Tall Oaks and maybe from that information she's the one who took over The Family. Probably not but that is something people have speculated.

There are so many ways that RE7 could go and a lot of the RE6 cliff-hangers scream Wesker. Maybe we will finally get information on "The Organization" as well. We might not learn of that until we see Leon again in RE8. I guess we will see when RE7 is revealed and all we can do until then is speculate! ^.^

jayshizzo

Airaku this is what you said in a thread on this forum http://residentevil.org/threads/which-resident-evil-character-would-you-bring-back-that-died.8697/
Honestly there is A LOT of story left to be told if he ever came back. You know.... he has a son named Jake. I wonder how Albert and Alex would mingle, it could get shaky since they both want to be gods and while Alex cared for Albert as a brother and knew she was better than him.... Albert was probably a bit jelly. Plus in 5 it is pretty much clear that Albert didn't actually know that Alex WAS a Wesker. It appears he knew her as a friend but not in the way he was friends with William. Alex was the only Wesker that knew about Project W. until Spencer told Albert a little bit. I can't recall he every mentioned Alex was a Wesker to him. I'm going to need to replay LiN again soon here ^.^

Honestly the whole relationship between Albert and Alex seems kind of one sided and needs to be explained better. According to Resident Evil 5 Albert didn't know jack **** about her. According to Revelations 2, Alex cared for him as a brother and he's like "meh" but goes with it and sends him a Uroboro's sample.... then she goes and sends team to clean it all up and get more after he dies. At least she cared enough that she wears and obsidian necklaces (made from the location of his death or not is unknown). It almost seems like she cared but she would kill him in an instant if he tried to be better than her once she was ready to become a god and she seemed to believe it was her right all along. I think there was a file by Stuart that went into how it was her destiny and everyone failed because it was her fate or something like that xD

Anyways I'm REAAALLY starting to feel stupid. The bottom line as far as we know here and now and this was stated by a developer in an interview. Alex loved Albert in the sense of a brother and sibling and if you want to know their relationship then look at Metamorphosis. Albert was rejected by his family (umbrella) Alex was loved but "oversaw" caretaking of him and then grew impatient with him (that's how it goes in metamorphosis). So it's really hard to say what would happen at this point in time should he be alive. I've heard quite a few people speculate that Albert would redeem himself after he met his son and learned the truth about Alex and he's be a "hero". That Alex is the ultimate prime evil of the series "The Devil Herself" and somehow Albert will be ****ed that she's the brightest and the best and realize he needs to stop her and save the world. After all he was trying to save the world with Uroboro's, not destroy it.

Yeah.... people believe that. My head hurts now and everything I just posted was stupid as hell and I'm not even going to proof read it......

Seriously though.... there is A LOT of story that they could tell with Albert. They just need to be very, very, very careful with how they handle it if he did come back. The whole father vs son thing is over played now days and could he really be redeemed? The whole Albert vs Alex going super Saiyan and having a battle of the gods is simply a fan boys dream. It would be cool... sure. It wouldn't fit the series AT ALL!
See what i'm saying, the story is flawed is soo many ways.I checked out the lost in nightmares(the fact that i had to check the dlc out to understand revelations 2 takes away soo many points) the info is so little,just spencer telling wesker she has a sister or so( couldn't quite remember.) bottom line:Alex wesker is dead.the only person who can take her place is Natalia or someone better.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Airaku this is what you said in a thread on this forum http://residentevil.org/threads/which-resident-evil-character-would-you-bring-back-that-died.8697/

See what i'm saying, the story is flawed is soo many ways.I checked out the lost in nightmares(the fact that i had to check the dlc out to understand revelations 2 takes away soo many points) the info is so little,just spencer telling wesker she has a sister or so( couldn't quite remember.) bottom line:Alex wesker is dead.the only person who can take her place is Natalia or someone better.

Capcom has defiantly made some errors in the story. That much is indeed true. However Spencer NEVER once told Albert that he had a sister or anything about Project W. (they are not blood related but I am sure you know this) He told Albert that he was the last surviving member of the project and the best of them. Spencer was lying about it and in his journals wrote that Alex was his favorite and the best and brightest of them all. I just actually replayed Lost in Nightmares the other day and replayed RE5 very recently. It was very clearly stated this and Albert was clearly oblivious about this. Albert knew about Alex but her surname and her involvement in Project W. (over seeing it at one point at that) was kept a secret from him. Alex may have likely never told him that SHE was a Wesker, but she referred him as a "fellow Wesker".

Funny that you mention that Alex is dead. I am just finishing a write up on that on this thread http://residentevil.org/threads/alex-wesker-and-natalia-confusion.8729/
You can read about it as it brings a new perspective on things. She isn't dead and for many reasons. Also Natalia will NEVER take her place. Natalia's consciousness is trapped in her own body and is being drowned and buried by Alex. Natalia is her own individual as is Alex. Natalia will try to fight to free herself from Alex's grasps and I don't think Natalia is capable of hurting a fly :p This is also part of my reasoning for believing that Natalia will be a future main protagonist.... no one in their right mind would think that Natalia would be an antagonist. It wouldn't ever happen because that is not who SHE is. Alex within Natalia will indeed by a main antagonist but that is still Alex.

Definitely replay Lost in Nightmares and RE5 if needed. Just re-watch the cutscenes with him and Spencer and read the file in the library for Albert. Also read my proposition if you have the time :)

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
Very interesting stuff..... I am wondering if they are going to make Revelations 3 and RE 7 or if they are going to cram it all into one game. Hopefully the former. And please tell me I am not the only one that wants Jake to meet Alex. I feel like that could either be very epic or very hilarious.

Jake: wait so your telling me your the big bad Alex Wesker who everyone is afraid of?
Alex/Natalia: Yep fear me son of my brother I will rule the world with fear.. muahahahahahah
Jake: wait so a little girl is going to take over the word.... and are you my aunt technically?o_o

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Very interesting stuff..... I am wondering if they are going to make Revelations 3 and RE 7 or if they are going to cram it all into one game. Hopefully the former. And please tell me I am not the only one that wants Jake to meet Alex. I feel like that could either be very epic or very hilarious.

Jake: wait so your telling me your the big bad Alex Wesker who everyone is afraid of?
Alex/Natalia: Yep fear me son of my brother I will rule the world with fear.. muahahahahahah
Jake: wait so a little girl is going to take over the word.... and are you my aunt technically?o_o

The Revelation series take place in between games and are much more fan focused. There have been a few hints that Revelations 3 will be focusing on Rebecca and possibly even Billy and explain what has happened two those characters as we have not seen either of them in such a long time! They need to be accounted for and Capcom has claimed that they are not done with either of those characters despite never seeing them for 13 years! So I hope they go this route for Revelations 3 and Resident Evil 7 and possibly beyond deal with Alex Wesker. I think Alex deserves much more than one game just like Albert did. She's also a better written villain and far more menacing! She's an absolute twisted sadist and has yet to fail!

LMAO I think the conversation will be a little different but yes I think they would meet. Of course don't forget that Alex and Albert aren't blood related but I know what you mean. I'd love to see Albert and Alex have a conversation since Albert actually never found out that her sure name is Wesker nor did he know that she is better than him! LMAO

Alex: "Hey Albert, I just wanted to let you know that my name is really Alex Wesker and I consider you a brother but I am better than you in every way and I'm smarter too! I'm Daddy's favorite and you're not, but he's a piece of **** anyways so please don't be bothered by that. Please don't be jelly Albert and please stop failing... you gon goof now!"
Albert: "ARRRGHHH!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ALEX!!!!!!"
*rips off sunglasses and throws them on the ground while he throws a temper tantrum!

Top Bottom