• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 7 ideas for Capcom? *Spoilers*

and not everything needs to be answered IMO.
True, not everything needs to be answered, but at the same time not everything needs to be kept a mystery. It strings the fans along and I think it kinda shows laziness and/or inconsistencies in the writing. They finally brought Sherry back after years of the fans going, "Where's Sherry? Where's Sherry? Where's Sherry?" Honestly if the fans don't harass the stink off of poo questions would never get answers, they still rarely do. People want their characters to have some real closure or at least have some sense made of their story. The writers just love to slap mystery onto everything to dodge plot holes and stuff they just don't want to deal with anymore. :(

If anything I (and very few will agree) feel that someone important (Chris, Leon, Jill, Claire, Ada basically) should die, as long as it's something par Aerith.
I believe you underrated your comment. I think more people would agree with you than you think. I love Chris but it would have been cool if he went down with Wesker in a different and better showdown. I thought Leon was gonna die in this game. The thought of them dying leave a bitter taste in my mouth for obvious reasons, but if they had an epic death I could eventually accept it. I think it's cheap that they kill off the awsome villain but never a hero.

BUT...since you put Ada on that list, I think we can sacrifice her first. :D

masterfortesque

As I was typing that comment the thought of Chris sacrificing himself to save Claire or Jill crossed by mind (going back to my thoughts of Chris's rescue squad going to save Claire and Chris paying the ultimate price to save her). Or knowing how Capcom has made Chris the ultimate hollywood hero maybe someone else would sacrifice themself to save "Our best hope" or something as cliche. I can just imagine that kind of witty comment from Leon as he is dying.

The original hero cast has been intact for so long, and if Capcom can keep introducing new characters like Jake or Helena I don't see why not. To me epic deaths only make the series more memorable.

I feel Piers's story concluded just fine if they leave it at this, even if some others like Sherry were left very open. And they managed to make something interesting out of Sherry instead of just adding her for the sake of it.

I love Jake, but I feel that the original characters have been around too long for the series to continue without them. To me they are the fabric of RE once they start dying the series should come to a close too. They're getting older after all. I don't know if I want a RE 17 staring Jake's grandson/granddaughter. I know I said I don't mind them dying, but I also don't want to play the series with them gone for too long.

masterfortesque

I wasn't suggesting they should kill everyone in RE7 or in games right after it lol. Kill someone now and let the others talk about it for next few games. But don't kill at all if it has no purpose.

I wasn't suggesting they should kill everyone in RE7 or in games right after it lol. Kill someone now and let the others talk about it for next few games. But don't kill at all if it has no purpose.
Well, yeah I know what you meant, maybe it was me that should have elaborated. Lets say they kill Leon in part 7, then in part 9 they kill Jill or Chris or both. By the time the next game comes around any remaining classic characters will be too old anyway. The series will began to feel awkward and alien...To me anyway.

masterfortesque

Well I'm skeptical the series will even last much further than RE10 without reboots or serious changes. And if they add good new characters I don't think I'm gonna get alienated.

EDIT:
And I don't think many have to die in the first place. But next will be RE7 and so far none of the important good guys have died. Killing off one could be a great way to up the ante and make the series a lot more memorable and dramatic, like how Aerith, or Mr J did. After that I doubt deaths would have the same impact so if, lets say, Chris was to be killed in RE7, someone else's death wouldn't have that impact anymore.

awesomeman1189

Just throw in ideas or what you think it would be like!

Hmm.. well I think Ada will be in it again because of how she got a new mission at the end of re6 but I could be wrong.
I bet Claire will finally be in it >:p She was mentioned in re6 also maybe as a hint... could be wrong again
Strange feeling Chris won't be in it.
Not sure about Leon
Maybe Jill :p
No clue about Jake n Sherry/Helena

awesomeman1189

Hmm.. well I think Ada will be in it again because of how she got a new mission at the end of re6 but I could be wrong.
I bet Claire will finally be in it >:p She was mentioned in re6 also maybe as a hint... could be wrong again
Not sure about Leon

awesomeman1189

Not sure about Leon

awesomeman1189

Not sure about Leon

I AM LEGEND

Shine Bright Like A Diamond
first of all ... thanke u Leo33322 for ur idea ..

now ...I expect this game will be very different
And I expect them to put leon, chris , Claire , jill , Jake and possible Sherry ..
u know Neo-Umbrella .. they must destroy it ...

We all know that Chris has new orders .. and with the death of his friend Piers.. strongly expect that to be in RE7 and next to Claire I do not think he will accept loss of someone close to him after what happened ..

Ada will be there, but invisible
You understand what I mean?

and finally and im sorry for saying this :(
We will see in RE7.. hero's death but I do not know who is .. This is what I expect..
and i hope they bring sheva back to the group ..
and it will be good if they bring nemesis ... so Imagine with the return of nemesis What will be the reaction of jill .. like old time ;)
RESIDENT EVIL 7
Time For Heroes
this is my title for it :)

I AM LEGEND

Shine Bright Like A Diamond
Wasn't Neo-Umbrella already over by the end of RE6?

maybe you are wrong maybe you are right ... but umbrella is a virus must be destroyed
u know we need to see the sun .. but we won't cuz of Umbrella ..maybe they did't do anything in RE7 BUT they still block the sun !!

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
the Umbrella Corporation is the basis of Biological Organic Weaponry, there will be other pharamacutical companies that will pick up on Biological Orgainic Weaponry business. I have a feeling that Neo-Umbrella are going for another round on RE7; at the end of RE6 it seems that Neo-Umbrella were "done", but i think the "other-wise".

Aleck

Biohazard
is there anyone thinks alice ( from the movie ) will be in RE7 ???

I would be in favor of a separate, one time only video game based on the movies. Maybe a sequel to the movies? Although I suppose it would highly irate the game loyalists so maybe that's not a good idea. They might boycott CAPCOM if that ever happened lol.

I wouldn't mind it, but it is highly unlikely.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I would be in favor of a separate, one time only video game based on the movies. Maybe a sequel to the movies? Although I suppose it would highly irate the game loyalists so maybe that's not a good idea. They might boycott CAPCOM if that ever happened lol.

I wouldn't mind it, but it is highly unlikely.

Perhaps the rumored sequel to ORC can have Alice in it, and, as Umbrella soldiers, you have to hunt her down and kill her. That would be nice. (Note that I do not hate Alice or the Anderson movies, as they are a separate universe to the game series of RE)

Top Bottom