• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 7 ideas for Capcom? *Spoilers*

Leo33322

Whoever Ada Wong works for
Just throw in ideas or what you think it would be like!

Hmm.. well I think Ada will be in it again because of how she got a new mission at the end of re6 but I could be wrong.
I bet Claire will finally be in it >:p She was mentioned in re6 also maybe as a hint... could be wrong again
Strange feeling Chris won't be in it.
Not sure about Leon
Maybe Jill :p
No clue about Jake n Sherry/Helena

Aleck

Biohazard
It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Who knows? They could possibly introduce new characters altogether and only use a couple of older ones for supporting roles.

I think that Jake and Ada might be in DLC for Resident Evil 6 That is why it was left open ended imo.

Resident Evil 7 will ideally be a Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield game, with additional mainstays like Sherry Birkin, Ada Wong and even Rebbecca Chambers. I would throw in Jessica, Parker, Barry, Steve, Hunk, and Billy to tie previous stories and close the ones they don't plan on pushing forward. Would be alot of work, but if done right, would be epic! I don't care too much for the game play schemes, but I volunteer to write the story for it! No charge! ;)

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Who knows? They could possibly introduce new characters altogether and only use a couple of older ones for supporting roles.

I think that Jake and Ada might be in DLC for Resident Evil 6 That is why it was left open ended imo.

Resident Evil 7 will ideally be a Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield game, with additional mainstays like Sherry Birkin, Ada Wong and even Rebbecca Chambers. I would throw in Jessica, Parker, Barry, Steve, Hunk, and Billy to tie previous stories and close the ones they don't plan on pushing forward. Would be alot of work, but if done right, would be epic! I don't care too much for the game play schemes, but I volunteer to write the story for it! No charge! ;)

I figured that was the case with Jake, but now that you mention it, it could be a possibility for an Ada dlc. Guess this is fingers crossed.

I'm all for campaigning a Claire or Rebecca oriented RE7. Which says a lot considering Ada and Leon are my favorite characters, Rebecca and Claire being just behind them. Claire I see being a big possibility with the rumor of Downfall and her DLC scenario for RE6. I just hope they didn't forget about Rebecca :/ She was my always go to for RE5 Mercenaries Reunion.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
With the many endings of RE6 there's so many sequels that could be made, but I think RE7 will continue the story of Jake (and hopefully it will include Sherry so they can continue to develop their relationship ;) )

As for all the other stories, I think they will make separate games just to continue everything else... maybe another subtitled game like Revelations? And speaking of Revelations, that game also had an amazing story that they can definitely expand on. The way I see it, there's 4 possible stories Capcom has the option to continue from: Jake, Chris, Leon/Ada, and Revelations. Not to mention the countless unfinished stories they still have (i.e. Claire/Steve). I'm hoping the next numbered game (RE7) will focus on only one story, while they have separate games to focus on all of the others (like I said, they can do the others in subtitled side-games)

That's the way I think it should go down, but this is more of an opinion than a prediction XD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm hoping the next numbered game (RE7) will focus on only one story, while they have separate games to focus on all of the others (like I said, they can do the others in subtitled side-games)

I agree with you on that, my only (senseless) hope is that the developers have learned from their mistakes and will not once again make those "subtitled side-games" exclusive to one crappy new console that nobody would care about otherwise. :confused:

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I agree with you on that, my only (senseless) hope is that the developers have learned from their mistakes and will not once again make those "subtitled side-games" exclusive to one crappy new console that nobody would care about otherwise. :confused:

While I did in fact enjoy Revelations on the 3DS, I definitely agree that no RE game should ever be console-exclusive...

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
Make another 3 storyline game but with RE2 and RE3. Leon, Claire and Jill. PS3 and 360 graphics and only put more details in the story, doesn't really matter anymore the camera angles, remake the soundtrack but don't change it, and better voice actors like the Helena voice actress and there u have it, tons and tons of money for you capcom. everyone wins imo

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
RE7 should reunite the Redfield siblings, (like what happened to Claire after Chris went to go to Africa, etc)... IMO, Claire should be after Wesker, (after what he said about Steve), but along the way, she finds Jill, and maybe some other 'gone' characters, like Rebecca/Billy, etc, and stumble into Sherry! (REUNION! :D), and Jake. *cough cough* :p Hey, I wouldn't mind if they added Leon, and Ada too... (;

Flipqy42

Nevermore
There is a strong possibility that Ada and Jake will appear in a sequel. Sherry may return as well, maybe with Claire. I wouldn't mind Leon and Chris being in there, but in minor roles. I have nothing against Helena, so she can return.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
RE7 should reunite the Redfield siblings, (like what happened to Claire after Chris went to go to Africa, etc)... IMO, Claire should be after Wesker, (after what he said about Steve), but along the way, she finds Jill, and maybe some other 'gone' characters, like Rebecca/Billy, etc, and stumble into Sherry! (REUNION! :D), and Jake. *cough cough* :p Hey, I wouldn't mind if they added Leon, and Ada too... (;

Yeah, I too have always wanted to see a Redfield reunion in the modern games. The last time this happened in the main-series was CV, but I'm really eager to see what it's like with Roger Craig Smith as Chris, and (of course) Alyson
Court as Claire :D

Not to mention Claire is one of my favorite characters, so it'd be awesome to see her return and find out just how she interacts with the new characters, like you said.

ClaireB

The Lovely Redfield<3
...And to add, I'd also like to see what was behind Chris and the feminine necklace that he was wearing in the beginning of his scenario? ..Maybe that itself is a hint of what's going to be in the new game... IMO, I'd think he would've somehow heard that either Jill, or his sister went missing again (or maybe that one of them died?), so he wore it in their remembrance, but in the meantime of RE6, (in RE7), they both have their own escape from once again; being caught up in ANOTHER bio-hazardous incident... :)

Aleck

Biohazard
...And to add, I'd also like to see what was behind Chris and the feminine necklace that he was wearing in the beginning of his scenario? ..Maybe that itself is a hint of what's going to be in the new game... IMO, I'd think he would've somehow heard that either Jill, or his sister went missing again (or maybe that one of them died?), so he wore it in their remembrance, but in the meantime of RE6, (in RE7), they both have their own escape from once again; being caught up in ANOTHER bio-hazardous incident... :)

I don't want to believe that Claire has died. It could be a gift from Jill, his on and off again girlfriend? Atleast I like to believe so. Claire is alive and currently continuing her work with TerraSave. :D

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The first thing I thought when I saw the necklace was that it could stand for Amnesia-Chris's new "I am the boss" attitude. Where I live, those great wannabe gangstaaaz always run around with fancy accessories like that. But actually I think that, like so many other things in RE6, it means nothing at all.

CRAZY ED

RESIDENT EVIL 7 SHOULD HAVE CLAIRE AND JILL AS MAIN CHARACTERS AND ALSO BRING BACK JAKE AND JAKE SHOULD USE HIS BLOOD TO BRING BACK SHERRYS MOM ANNET BERKN

Light_One5

I don’t really want RE7 next; I was thinking that CAPCOM should do a side game expanding on the American crisis of RE6 using Rebecca Chambers as the main protagonist (an analyse of some bureau/Terra Save) and some military guy, which would start with her inoculating American civilians with the “T Virus” antidote. She could then find some facility which is protected by an A.I. system known as the “Black Knight/King” (named after chess pieces) and it has a new “Regenerator” monster. When they reach the A.I. to destroy the facility, the A.I. is a digital copy of “Wesker” (bring back D. C. Douglas) which spills the beans on “Neo Umbrella” in proper ‘80’s antagonists fashion and tells them that the regenerator is a prototype of a new tyrant and then it releases the first complete tyrant (this part is similar to RE1 tyrant part). Then roll on “Jill” with BSAA North America to destroy everything. The End.
I would prefer something like this over a next numbered game.

D. C. Douglas: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLL90q3as4M

I think that they could bring back Ashley, but instead of being an annoying, useless girl, they could make her an Agent. So there's a new outbreak of a random virus, in a random place and Ashley got dispatched to investigate and find out who's behind releasing the outbreak. She bumps into Claire and Chris, who are there because they are looking for answers regarding their parents deaths. They should definitely bring back Rebecca and Jill. Jill went after Chris because she was worried about him. When she finds him they finely confess their love for each other and run off into the sunset. :D Jusk Kidding, but they should get together. Anyway, Claire soon discovers that Steve is alive and searches for him but soon realizes that Steve now takes the place of Wesker. The gang confronts Steve and he tells them that while Claire left him to die, Wesker had taken him under his wing and brought him back to life, as well as appointing his as his heir. So then for the rest of the game, they chase and kill Steve. At the end, Leon retires and Jill and Chris get together (finally). Furthermore, Ashley successfully completes her mission. Claire resigns from TerraSave and moves in with Leon. Rebecca however, becomes Captain of the Alpha team in the BSAA (she joined the BSAA) the end :)

masterfortesque

I'd like them to move on. Jake&Sherry was great, but they can (and will) do something new and great.

Anyway what I most want to see is Dead Rising/Dead Space/Arkham Asylum/classic REesque game world instead of linear levels. IMO they should set the game in a Neo-Umbrella Facility. The leaders behind the organization have retaliated against the face of BSAA by capturing Claire. Chris learns of it and Barry Burton, Jill Valentine, Rebecca Chambers and Leon Kennedy (Or Carlos, Sherry, Sheva, a new guy etc. whatever fits story and gameplay niches) accompany him along with other troops to assault Neo-Umbrella's base. They manage to infiltrate the facility and soon things go really bad with lockdown going in effect, monsters starting to roam around and squadmates being seperated from each other.

Each hero (Claire too, who is extra solo without contact to the other heroes and even less weapons) has their own campaign and they are solo most of the time. The facility is huge with tons of corridors and rooms. Heroes have different equipment and abilities (Barry has physique, Rebecca has science skills etc.), but everyone starts scarce. The heroes keep in contact through radio and occassionally meet up or assist each other in some way. But soon each are again doing their own objectives so they can survive and escape. Bit by bit the story unravels and previously locked passages open, with more and more dangerous creatures and environmental hazards becoming apparent. Plenty of puzzles, keys to collect etc. Secret rooms and lots of collectibles from figurines to data files. And a co-op mode in which you aren't just slaying zombies side-by-side, but moving around the facility and communicating with each other. The Jake&Sherry imprisonement was a great taste of this and I want to see more of it. And finally while characters share much of the story and game area, each have their unique scenes.

The facility is also used to contain samples of all the viruses. That means all the classic enemies will be back: T-zombies, Las Plagas, Majini and J'avo; dogs, spiders, moths, snakes; Lickers, Nemesis, Tyrant, Reapers, Hunters, Novistadors, Albinoids, Garradors, Rasklapanjes and so on. There are a handful of new species too.

I'd also like to scale back on the streamlining a bit. I preferred RE5 inventory and I think something like it would suit well this more profiency-based game so you can't carry all weapons along with lots of ammo and other items. The game should also encourage more scavenging from tables, cabinets and armed corpses instead of having weaponless enemies and large generic boxes be the main source of items. There were a few cabinets with ammo early in RE6 and I loved that detail. In general I'd like more investigation options, which were very much gone in RE6. Weapons should also be found by the player instead of just giving them. Weapon upgrades should return whether there is a shop or not. Ally A.I should also be believable again, not immortal with infinite ammo.

That's my dream idea for RE7.

----------------------------------------

But seeing how they set Jake on a pedestal I don't doubt he'll be back. Middle-east hasn't been featured in RE yet so it makes even more sense. I don't have much preference on what his campaign is, but I could see him continuing his mercenary career, just with more modesty and empathy. He is capable of taking down monsters alone. The perfect match-up for that is Ada Wong. In co-op they can both be semi-supernatural monster slayers (afterall the Dante comparison is very apt because DMC was originally supposed to be a sequel to RE), and Ada can easily give Jake a goal and an excuse to join her on a grand quest. I wouldn't consider it out of question Jake injects himself with a virus that boosts his powers while swearing he won't become like his father, but in his sense of strength and witnessing the terrifying situation of current world he is struggling to do the right thing. Ada is a great counter piece to that, willing to do harsh choices but generally has good intentions.

----------------------------------------

As hidden extra hardcore bonus I'd like to see a small urban campaign played as unknown newcomer or maybe Ashley. A small city suffers a zombie outbreak that is somehow related with the scenes in main campaigns and the player ends up in the middle of it. The character isn't an athlete and is terrible in melee combat. He also has little experience with weapons and no easy access to them. For him/her running away from zombies is often the best option. He isn't there to save everyone or to stop the outbreak, he just needs to stay alive.

PiersNivansRealHero

I think that RE 7 should include Piers in some way. I have read other threads and many people want him back. An idea I read somewhere was that Piers wasn't actually physically seen die. And after Chris gets shot out in the escape pod we see another escape pod seen after. Unfortunately for Pier's arm he should still be in the game. He is very hurt and the virus is spreading but he eventually runs into the new villain, whoever he may be. He makes Piers his right hand man after healing him. Similar thing with how Jill was covered in RE5 he should continue on in the story being covered. RE7 is gonna have various campaigns and his should follow after Chris. During Chris campaign, he meets Piers again near the end and he wounds Chris. After finding out it was Piers, they share a happy and sad moment because Chris wants Piers to continue his life away from the BSAA. not sure what happens after but if anyone likes my idea i would like some replies. Thanks :)

Reactions: Hel

masterfortesque

I rather see them not bringing everyone back. If everyone starting from Albert were to come back it would just seem like nothing is moving on. That's the opposite of DRAMATIC horror instead giving the series a comicbooky cycle of repetition, and not everything needs to be answered IMO. If anything I (and very few will agree) feel that someone important (Chris, Leon, Jill, Claire, Ada basically) should die, as long as it's something par Aerith.

I liked the drama of leaving Piers behind. It's very possible he will be back down the line, but I certainly hope it isn't RE7. Likely he'd be an evil monster, unless he's yet another human with special DNA, which would just make it worse.

But I had this exact same feeling with Arkham City. Thousands seem to want - erm, THE one guy back, but I prefer if he stays gone.

Top Bottom