• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident evil 7 at e3??

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
if RE7 ends up being announced at this year's E3 and released next year, then it will have a serious old rival competitor which is Silent Hills (assuming it's not cancelled or won't be) so 7 better be good. Also think that Zero Remaster likely comes first before RE2/3 remake but who knows

and oh maybe there won't be any RE announcement at all :sleepy:

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Wish Capcom wasn't so secretive about RE7. I wanna see a trailer already, if there is any :p And please let Jill be the main protagonist along with Rebecca for god's sake. If Chris Roidfield gets the spotlight again, I'll f*cking explode!
But Yeah RE0 is more likely to come first (wasn't that leaked anyways?) then hopefully RE2/3 remake.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Seems like Silent Hills will be cancelled. That means no real competitor for RE7 then.
Yeah it's cancelled, too bad because fans have high expectations for this (including me) but they could always make another SH tittle

Wish Capcom wasn't so secretive about RE7.
anyway I kinda think the opposite of this, wish Capcom was more secretive about new RE releases not publishing too many gameplay and trailer vids to avoid major spoilers and build more hype

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Yeah it's cancelled, too bad because fans have high expectations for this (including me) but they could always make another SH tittle
Was looking forward to it :( too bad
anyway I kinda think the opposite of this, wish Capcom was more secretive about new RE releases not publishing too many gameplay and trailer vids to avoid major spoilers and build more hype
Well I'm just an impatient guy, that's why.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I wonder if Capcom could somehow "capitalize" the cancellation of Silent Hills. I mean like, Capcom's respond to angry Silent Hills fans = Resident Evil 7 (lol)

anyway according to E3 website (http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_...9126fe471-970149D3-BA49-9DBD-48C99FA5E072EC3C) there is an interesting list of game categories that'll be announced by Capcom:
  • Action > PC/Windows
  • Action > Sony Playstation 4
  • Action > Xbox One
  • Adventure > PC/Windows
  • Adventure > Sony Playstation 4
  • Adventure > Xbox One
  • Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 4
is it RE7 in one of those categories? if true then it's gonna be an action game? (hope not) or adventure? obviously not fighting/wrestling

N7Valentine

It'd be weird considering Capcom said they want to the franchise to bring it back to its survival horror roots. Let's just hope they learned their mistake from RE6. Announcing the game as an action game would just p*ss off many fans

Last edited:

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Resident Evil has always been considered an action game from a development standpoint. And, were they to say 'Horror/Action', everyone would already know what they were showing off before they showed it. That in mind, I have a fairly good idea what the games from them will be at E3 (according to that list, anyway).

Action>PC/PS4/Xbox One - Resident Evil or Devil May Cry
[Honestly, I'm leaning more towards Devil May Cry, seeing as there hasn't been a new one since DMC. I have no doubt we'll hear something about a new RE game this year, but I feel like they'll wait for a later trade show. E3 would be a pleasant surprise, of course!]

Adventure>PC/PS4/Xbox One - Monster Hunter or Dragon's Dogma
[Leaning more toward Monster Hunter here, as those games sell massively.]

Fighting/Wrestling> PS4 - Street Fighter V
[Unless Capcom have decided to make another of their fighting franchises Sony exclusive/a totally new franchise, this is the only logical game it could be.]

It's very unlikely they'll be making a bunch of new IPs right now, considering their financial woes. It makes more sense that they'll buckle down on their top franchises, and attempt to deliver the best games they can within them. Of course, I could be wrong, and every single thing they show at E3 could be a totally new IP, but that would just be completely illogical.

N7Valentine

Hmmm... maybe RE7 will be presented at the gamescom in Germany, but I think they announce big games like Resident Evil at E3 rather than Gamescom.

I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get infos on 7 at E3. It's 4 days after my Birthday this year ^^

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
so it's either E3, Gamescom or TGS. Next year may be the biggest year of RE with its 20th anniversary, the final RE movie and RE7 (still think 2016 is the re7 launch despite the rumor of it being released later this year)

N7Valentine

My guess would be E3 or TGS this year. For the 20th anniversary however, I hope they'll do a RE2&RE3 remake.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
uh oh, there's a rumor that Microsoft is in talks with Konami to revive Silent Hills as Xbox exclusive and the announcement could be at E3 (with possible 2016 release date). If it's true then RE7 still has Silent Hills a serious rival so it better be damn good

Update:
the rumor has been denied by Microsoft

Last edited:
Top Bottom