• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident evil 5 Mercenaries tips

Morphosis

Yup, true.
On story mode, early part of the gme, where a truck comes at you, I had a RPG ready, the truck comes i shoot almost without aiming, the RPG flies underneath the truck and explodes almost inside the warehouse where Majinis comes out! Deja Vu from GTA4! ahahahahahah needless to say Chris got smashed and all Sheva did was shoot at my back....

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
LOLOLOLOL
needless to say Chris got smashed and all Sheva did was shoot at my back....
Good Ol' computer AI
Thats all chris does, shoots my friggin back with the inf M3 shotgun I give him, haha everytime its like a cloud of blood every second
makes me think...
"Wut the F--k is that shooting me, Oh it's chirs f-ing bloody computer f-ing dumb b*stardz shootin' me agen!!"

seriously though there meant to cover your bck not f-ing shooot it haha

Morphosis

eheheheh If Chris had survived the crash i wud def turn to Sheva and push her off the bridge myself!!! LOL I really thought Soap RPGs was found only on GTA4... Until this incident.... :lol:

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I've not even started to play around with the rockets in this game, I dont even think Ive used the RPG haha! fun times ahead I tell ya...

Do you ever get to use the RPG in mercs mode? Ahaha that woudl be a treet.
Weskers odl stars outfit is kinda cool as well, saw that the other day.... he gets the hydra right? haha badass.

Morphosis

Well i guess so, heard some talk about it... I only been able to Unlock Chris (Stars) and Wesker (Midnight), cool cause he uses handcannon, not that hard if you know what to do. Most head shots with regular handgun then finsh harder mid bosses with canon.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
In Resident Evil 4 Wesker had a Silenced handgun, Same gun as Leons default just silenced, OMG I swear it was more powerful, everytime you shot someones head, I swear there head came off, Plus it sounded awesome with the silencer! wish you coudl get it in the main game = /

When Ive got some mates over I'll make em' play mercs hahaha!!

Morphosis

Good for you mate! But u gonna need double the points if you go split screen! I rather do it alone on Mercs, then go split screen on Story! You'll get your points faster.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Lol I was like "Huuuuh" while I read that post haha Im not to fussed about getting points from mercs you only get like 500 ago dont you? Id let someone use my profile though, if they was playing mercs haha.

But your right though split screen story gets you points quick like. NAY DOOT!!! lol

Feng-Hi

Without coop play I'm only averaging a "B" rating although that just allows the next level to open up. I find using Chris with the shotgun helps get over 25,000 which seems to get you a "B" although I am VERY STUCK at finishing the prison level. Again my aim is to fly through then take time going for the "S".

Ryan

Morphosis;29426 said:
Oh man... The best i cud ever reach was 48200.... :( So close for a S.... I always run out of time, not being able to find enemies to keep my combos...

Its fine, Im sure you well get there soon. I was lucky to adapt to the controls very easy when it came to the game (Might have been me playing the demo nearly every day before release :lol:). I have unlocked all the characters in the game now and enjoy playing it. Im gonna keep on trying to break my record of 69,000.

Elitevaz

I've gotten 126,000 on live. I had to get all the time bonuses and kill all the enemies. It seems to be possible to get 300,000+.

MoB Joo

Any tips on how to get more points easily on co op. Me and my friend get 60,000 to 70,000 points each time but only get a B we havent gotten 1 A yet so we cant unlock charactrs, every level we played exept the ruins we got a B so far.What can i do to get an A?

ATL Jones Bro

Hey guys. New to the forum but im a huge fan of Mercs. My best score solo is 308k and my best in duo is 716k. As you probally know there are 150 enemies on each stage and when you kill them all whatever time you have left, each second count for 1k points. So this wouldmean the key would be to try and kill all 150 enemies ASAP.

So the trick is just Melle. Each Melle gives you +5 seconds and can keep your clock still or get it higher. The easiest way to do this is you select Midnight Wesker and you shoot the Manji in the head once with the pistol, prefrom the cobra strike, and you get the plus 5. As you do it more and more you will get much better in time and get faster kills which mean more time.

Also with anyone who has a machine gun, shoot them in the legs a couple times and they should either vrouch down or fall. If they crouch drun behind them fast and preform the back melle (Chris=Neck Break, Sheva=Throat Slit, Jill=Head GRab). If they fall run up to them and do your ground melle and you should get plus 5. I hope i helped everyone rankup the leaderboards

Tallahassee

why do ppl think midknight wesker is better than stars wesker? they have the same moves and stars has a better handgun and a shotgun....
my best duo is in the 400,000on public assembly.

wpstudart

I don't think Midnight Wesker is a beast, I think Wesker is a beast. One day, I was playing online, and I got an SS. It's nice, you gain 5000 points :D

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Here is few tips right here:

Killing a majini with a melee attack gives you 5 extra seconds.

Killing chickens give you 2000 points and a golden egg.

It is best to go for time bonuses first.

It is faster to reload weapons by going into your inventory and combin or move your ammo to your guns.

This tip is only for public assembly. When the executioner comes go inside the wrecked bus and take him down in there because he can't go into the bus and he will start romaing around the map.

Save your most powerful weapons for the bosses.

Use flashes to instantly kill parasites and bui kichwas.

And here is the ranking system

Solo:
D - 0-9,999
C - 10,000-19,999
B - 20,000-39,999
A - 40,000-59,999
S - 60,000-89,999
SS - 90,000

Duo:
D - 0-19,999
C - 20,000-39,999
B - 40,000-79,999