• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Resident Evil 3 Remake?

Would you like to see a Resident Evil 3 remake?

• Total voters

KKAAIIG

Hey Guys,
My first thread :O
I just wanted to know, how would you feel if Capcom did a Resident Evil 3 remake with up to date graphics, over the shoulder camera angles and the same controls as Resident Evil 5?

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I'd probably be stoked. I think many fans have yearned for a remake of both RE3 and RE2 for years now. Not to mention Outbreak File 3.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I would very much like to see a remake of RE3, as well as the other originals that haven't been updated. RE3 was my least favorite in the linear series, however I feel with graphics updates and maybe a little tweaking to the game's structure (I'm not sure how I feel about the over the shoulder aiming. I'm partial to the earlier cinematic feel, but I remember when I first played RE4 and in really got my adrenaline pumping when I actually had to concentrate on aiming instead of pointing straight, up, or down.), I would enjoy the game a little more. The story was fine, but for whatever reason the game just didn't work for me. I'll just say, if Capcom told us it was releasing such an updated RE3 to PSN like RE4 and CVX, I would more than likely buy it.

KKAAIIG

I think it would be great! I only disagree at the part where you commented about RE5 controls... I think they should make it like the first remake...
Ive never played the first remake,so I don't know what the controls are like.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
NO! If Capcom does do remakes of the classic RE games the controls need to be more like the first REmake. For everyone that wants the ots camera they could have an alternate control scheme for that, or even a hybrid one, such as Classic exploration with OTS shooting, but REmakes need to retain the classic controls & camera.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
NO! If Capcom does do remakes of the classic RE games the controls need to be more like the first REmake. For everyone that wants the ots camera they could have an alternate control scheme for that, or even a hybrid one, such as Classic exploration with OTS shooting, but REmakes need to retain the classic controls & camera.

Agreed. Following remakes need to retain the classic angles of the games. Perhaps camera angles were one of the most important parts of the original games.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
To me they were. The camera angles added to the tension and fear felt by the players.
For example: When I first played RE: DC in one area I noticed the camera was focused on me, but I couldn't see down the hall in front of me. The sounds of some monstrosity reverberated down the hall, and I knew something was coming just not what. That situation filled me with a fear that nothing in RE4 or RE5 can touch.

I also think the lack of ammo and inventory space greatly increased the horror elements in the classics. Seeing a creature for the first time and that sinking feeling that you don't have enough ammo, or a powerful enough weapon to kill it.....God I miss the classics.:( (runs of to play RE: DC and cry to himself.)

Willian

It's much easier when you don't think about it.
To me they were. The camera angles added to the tension and fear felt by the players.
For example: When I first played RE: DC in one area I noticed the camera was focused on me, but I couldn't see down the hall in front of me. The sounds of some monstrosity reverberated down the hall, and I knew something was coming just not what. That situation filled me with a fear that nothing in RE4 or RE5 can touch.

I also think the lack of ammo and inventory space greatly increased the horror elements in the classics. Seeing a creature for the first time and that sinking feeling that you don't have enough ammo, or a powerful enough weapon to kill it.....God I miss the classics.:( (runs of to play RE: DC and cry to himself.)

Yes! Yes! That is my definition for Resident Evil. They should have never changed its genres... I also think that Resident Evil 3 is the best 'cause of Jill's dodging abilities. I think it makes the game more realistic.

KKAAIIG

Maybe it would be cool if they added something for everyone, like you could have a choice of what camera angle and controls you'd like. That way no one can complain.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Would love to see a remake of Resi 3, as it's my fav installment in the series! But has to be like REmake for Gamecube, not RE4 style.

However it's very unlikely Capcom's going to do this, I remember someone asking them on Twitter and they said "wouldn't you prefer to see new games?". The closest we're getting is Umbrella Chronicles...

SpawnShooter

This party's getting crazy!
I don't know about anyone else, but I was very disappointed with Nemesis in UC, they focused too much on RE0 IMO but I never played it so that might be the reason why. I was very happy with William and Mr.X in Darkside though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I say no to the RE5 controls, however, it would be nice to have a laser sight on your weapon, because aiming was kind of a bitch in the older games lol...I also think if they do REmake3 they should give Nemmey some different moves, that way the veterans can stay on their toes...change stuff up like in REmake...

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
As long as they don't add anything like Lisa Trevor. I hated her inclusion from a story perspective, because they really didn't do much with her. Granted she was the first success with the Parasite which led to the Nemesis, but really what else is there to say.

Cyberote

I think it'd be cool. I'd want Capcom to make it like Lost In Nightmares, that you can play it over-the-shoulder style or classic static cameras. That should satisfy everyone for once. RE fans are some of the most insatiable fans ever lol. We loves us some RE goodness

KKAAIIG

I think it'd be cool. I'd want Capcom to make it like Lost In Nightmares, that you can play it over-the-shoulder style or classic static cameras. That should satisfy everyone for once. RE fans are some of the most insatiable fans ever lol. We loves us some RE goodness

I agree, I think 2 types of camera angles will work perfect. That way everyone gets what they want and they can stop moaning. -_-

Top Bottom