• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Resident Evil 3 Remake?

Would you like to see a Resident Evil 3 remake?

• Total voters

Cheer

Kamen Rider
RE3 remake yes please. And maybe add an unlockable where you can play the game as the Nemesis. Just like what they did with Ada in RE4.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I sort of agree Black Dragon, but along with Nemesis, they should let us play more as Carlos. I want to find out more about HIS back story. He says he's been using a gun since he was a kid because there was a civil war in his country. Why? We need more info on Carlos!

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Well, not his OWN. But I think getting him and Leon together could be hilarious. They're the two biggest jokers in RE. They'd either love each other or hate each other. Or another Carlos Jill get together would be bitchin...

Leon should go on a vocation for a while. Carlos and Barry should get together.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Leon should go on a vocation for a while. Carlos and Barry should get together.
Meh...Barry in a game as the main character wouldn't be the greatest idea if it takes place in the modern day setting the games have been taking place in. But how about Rebecca to give her some Closure. A loudmouth joker, and a quiet shy girl.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Meh...Barry in a game as the main character wouldn't be the greatest idea if it takes place in the modern day setting the games have been taking place in. But how about Rebecca to give her some Closure. A loudmouth joker, and a quiet shy girl.

Oh no barry will be like Luis in RE4. as for Rebecca

dreamy%20away%20from%20it%20all.gif

ArabPikachu

I voted yes to a REmake 3

I'd prefer giving us an option between 2 types of cameras

1. OTS (precisely that of RE6)

2. OTS camera (precisely that of RE4)

I left out old camera because trying to please everyone with one game is too much.

Give us the option between tank controls and analog controls

Also, Capcom should make sure that laser sight is included within the context of OTS because cross-hairs are not as accurate (don't want this to end up like REvelations HD)

Last edited:

weskerondope

pleasing the old fans is the most important thing
then again you probably dont work at capcom so thats good
but on the other hand the people who do work on capcom these days are horrible so whatever

DarkJackal

I'd love a RE3 remake.(Though I would want a RE2 remake first lol). Definitely use the cameras and controls from later RE games. And being able to move slowly while aiming.

Should stay as the original. These remakes should be just that, remaking the original with today's graphics and features. There's no need to add things to the story -.-. But perhaps showing more of it, like maybe more scenes of Nemesis at different times? But don't add new forms the zombies take on after mutating? Or a new immortal boss following you around, etc.

I'd like to not see random crates or boxes you can destroy all over the game.

I like the idea of an unlockable campaign where you play as Nemesis. Or maybe even Carlos/Nicholai.

One thing I would love to bring back in RE games is RE4's inventory >_>. I mean that alone was kinda fun, organizing and making room for the things you want. :x.

I always found that dead tyrant and troops in the room with the rail cannon interesting, perhaps some explanation or something to show how that all went down, maybe some found footage or something, or part of an unlockable campaign.

I wanna say RE4 weapon customizing feature is always welcome, but then we'd need to find items/gold and stuff? That was a big + for me from RE4 and 5 I suppose, but that might kinda takes away from the seriousness/scariness?

Can we keep storage boxes too?

ArabPikachu

Capcom Japan initially intended to incorporate the "switch between weapons in real-time" gameplay mechanic in the original Resident Evil and I figured that this idea could be recycled for a REmake 3. That way we don't have to constantly pause the game for the sake of switching weapons.

I wanna say RE4 weapon customizing feature is always welcome, but then we'd need to find items/gold and stuff? That was a big + for me from RE4 and 5 I suppose, but that might kinda takes away from the seriousness/scariness?

In RE3, I recall that you were rewarded money by beating the main game or playing through the Operation Mad Jackal minigame and permitted to purchase stuff at the shop (which was located at the Operation Mad Jackal menu); If you ask me, this is marginally different from killing enemies for Pesetas and purchasing stuff at the gunshop in RE4/RE5.

RE3 allowed you to upgrade the Samurai Edge, regular Shotgun, and Mine Thrower (these were albeit the only upgrade-able weapons in the game) with Enhanced Bullets.

On another note, Jill Valentine starts off with a customized Assault Rifle in Easy mode although the one used by UBCS soldiers happens to be unmodified.

One thing I would love to bring back in RE games is RE4's inventory >_>. I mean that alone was kinda fun, organizing and making room for the things you want.
Have to admit the RE4 inventory system had an appealing side; It felt like Tetris; I was preferring to bring back the real-time inventory system from RE6 for REmake 3 but won't throw a temper tantrum over your suggestion.

Last edited:

weskerondope

yeah i have to agree, i have been very patient with this series
when re5 came out i just hoped the next one would be better
then revelations and 6 came out and now we are getting some garbage revelations 2 (probably garbage at least)

the only true resident evil comming out in the near future is the evil within
will be very fun to see a completly new game out-resident-evil the new resident evil
im allready hoping for many sequells to the evil within, as long as mikami stays with it

ArabPikachu

So basically Resident Evil Revelations's SHOOTER and CLASSIC cameras?
You are partially correct about what I had in mind

I was thinking of giving the option between the RE6 camera (which allows the player to look around freely) and the classic camera of REvelations (the camera that was "cut and pasted" from RE4)

rockstarbd82

If they remake RE2, I would see no reason why they shouldn't remake 3 either.

And Operation Raccoon City doesn't count for me. Sorry.

ArabPikachu

And Operation Raccoon City doesn't count for me. Sorry

I'd have to agree with your comment here; I'm not saying ORC was a bad game but any person that has studied RE should know ORC doesn't satisfy the basic criteria for a REmake 2/REmake 3.

On another note, I can imagine the "Capcom has already revisited Raccoon City too many times" crowd having a naysayer attitude towards the possibility of a REmake 3 :unimpressed:

If they remake RE2, I would see no reason why they shouldn't remake 3 either.
^This :happy:

Capcom would be intellectually dense to disregard giving RE3 the REmake treatment (more-so if they gave RE2 the REmake treatment)

Last edited:
Top Bottom