• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Remake of "Remake"...

weskerondope

good points, but that stuff rarely happens to me, im carefull with my discs so its very rare for them to break
i dont know how your disc could just break like that, i know that burned discs tend to get worse over time but originals lasts for way longer, was it exposed to sunlight or did you just have super bad luck
"they take up storage space" well toilet paper takes up storage space too, yet most people choose to use it anyway. physical copies are supposed to take place, i want them in my shelf cause it looks groovy
also i can loan the games to my friends or borrow their games, i can sell the games easily
also im a collector of lots of stuff like games, vinyls, dvds and such things, whats the point of collecting something invisible? i could buy a digital game as long as it doesnt cost more than 5 usd, which was rental price back in the day when i used to rent gamecube games

black 93

people need to calm down about this a bit, i prefer discs myself but the game isnt even comin till next year same with revelations 2 and people are already sayin its gunna be crap. Who knows whats gunna happen! People have beem sayin they want capcom to focus on survival horror, bring claire back, and make it scary. They try to do that and t people kick off before its even here! Just give em a chance people

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
im carefull with my discs so its very rare for them to break

Yeah, well, I'm careful with my things too, probably one of the most careful people you will meet, and that game in particular doesn't have any right to be broken as I only played through it once and then put it back in its box forever. But be that as it may, the point is that I paid for that game and now I can't play it anymore. That wouldn't have happened with Steam.

"they take up storage space" well toilet paper takes up storage space too, yet most people choose to use it

This comparison doesn't make sense, because even if there was such a thing as digital toilet paper, you wouldn't be able to clean your butt with it, so physical toilet paper is the only toilet paper you can use. When it comes to games, you may have a choice between a copy that does take up physical space and one that doesn't, but the result is the same, you can play the game just fine (unless you can't, like me with my mysteriously broken CD). I understand the collector aspect, but in the end your collection is still there, and it's not invisible either, just not physical. I don't know what it's like with consoles, but Steam lists all the games you have, so you can still show them off if you need to.

weskerondope

yeah there are good things about digital download i agree
but digital copies cant be considered a collection though if you ask me
but the playing experience is pretty much the same, but i just wont pay money for it unless its small price
the most fun thing to collect however i think is music CDs and vinyls, with those i can allways do digital copies anyway
so if they break i can still listen to them

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Capcom has released a list of trophies and achievements for the REmake HD port.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...y-list-for-resident-evil-remastered-released/

One that caught my attention is the "What a great guy" trophy/achievement, whose requirement is to "Save Jill using Barry". Does that mean we get to control Barry? Sure, it could also refer to the cutscene of him saving her from Plant 42 with the flamethrower, but then they wouldn't phrase it like this, would they? (As you're not actually doing anything in that scene.) There's also a trophy/achievement for saving Chris while playing as Rebecca, so...

It seems like we get a new difficulty as well: "Very Easy Mode".

ArabPikachu

Judging by the "OMG, Capcom shouldn't touch RE1 REmake" comments in the first page, it would have been better if this thread were titled as "REmake HD rerelease"

Anyway, I thought Capcom's decision to exclude over-the-shoulder camera (they didn't even make it optional) was lazy but I'm still buying this HD rerelease of REmake.

Top Bottom