• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Remake of "Remake"...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I haven't played the game personaly, but from what I've seen, I honestly don't think it NEEDS to be remade. I think they should definitely port it to Xbox 360/1 and PS3/4 though.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Sounds dumb. Not the idea of remaking the first game again, that could actually work, but this particularly kind of news.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Oh pleeease, no! I don't think this is true, but still: We've already seen so many versions of RE1 that no one knows what's canon anymore. Let it go! I don't want any more reinterpretations or remakes or anything of RE1 or 4. Port it all you want, Capcom, actually I would greatly appreciate a working PC port of REmake, but if you desperately need to remake something again, listen to your fans already and do it with RE2 and 3. Geez, it's not so hard, is it?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Resident Evil 1 has already been remade… I'd much rather see that money go towards a game that needs it. *coughDinoCrisiscough*

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I think it's just a port with slightly updated visuals for Next Gen and PC.

All I can say is.......Capcom for f**ks sake.....it sure took you long enough!!!

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Well, nobody expected that first RE game for PS4 and Xbox One will be Resident Evil 1, lol :D Cacpom- company full of surprises :D

TJay

Premium
I think this is just the same "fake news" discussed yesterday in the RE7 or spin off thread. Which is from an alleged fraud.

I really hope they don't touch either REmake or RE0.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I think this is just the same "fake news" discussed yesterday in the RE7 or spin off thread. Which is from an alleged fraud.

Look at the video my father posted. It doesn't say much, but I think we can classify it as a confirmation, and it's also on the official Facebook page.

Anyway, I'm glad it turned out like this. The links in the first post made it seem like they were completely redoing the first RE... again. But as I said it before, I appreciate the GameCube remake being ported to modern platforms. The game is perfect as it is and doesn't need to be remade, only polished and ported.
By the way, is it just me not understanding the logic of Japanese language or do these guys talk a lot more than the subtitles translate?

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I'm actually quite happy for this, myself! It'll hold me off nicely until the next new game and I get to have it on my PS4!
= NOONES SAID IF WERE GETTING A RETAIL RELEASE THOUGH FOR OUR PS4 ??? I dont like buying digital only games ..... Miss my RE4 ... cant play on ps4 now :( ....

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Look at the video my father posted. It doesn't say much, but I think we can classify it as a confirmation, and it's also on the official Facebook page.

Anyway, I'm glad it turned out like this. The links in the first post made it seem like they were completely redoing the first RE... again. But as I said it before, I appreciate the GameCube remake being ported to modern platforms. The game is perfect as it is and doesn't need to be remade, only polished and ported.
By the way, is it just me not understanding the logic of Japanese language or do these guys talk a lot more than the subtitles translate?
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08...nounced-for-ps4-ps3-xbox-one-xbox-360-and-pc/

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I read on Polish RE Forum that retail version will be only in Japan, US and Europe will get digital version on PS Store etc, but don't consider this as an absolutely sure info...

TJay

Premium
Ah, yeah I saw the "official" announcement on their facebook afterwards (my internet isn't working properly and it's taking ages to do anything - so took me a while to find it). So apologies but people who seemed to know were saying it was fake yesterday.

While I don't think it needed touching in terms of graphics etc I am pleased it's a "touched up" version of REmake rather than re-REmake. More people will get to enjoy it now, which is good.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So, is it an actual REmake, or is it like an HD port?

EDIT:
So I just watched the Capcom video, and I gotta say, I'm pretty stoked.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
A game exclusive to a Nintendo console gets a remastered on every other console aside Ninty.

Excuse me?

Hell it was relatively successful for am exclusive

Top Bottom