• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 Special Editions: Anthology and Archives

Aleck

Biohazard
My head is spinning...so KennedyKiller, how do you recommend I go about buying these? As I talked about in my thread - I want the RE game collection.

So for PS3 - I can get Resident Evil 2, 3 Nemesis, Code Veronica, Both Chronicles, RE4 in HD with all bonus content including Separate Ways, RE 5 Gold Edition, RE Operation Raccoon City, and RE6? (Are the Outbreak Files on the PSN?)

3DS - I have Mercenaries 3D and Revelations. Those are the only games for that handheld right?

Should I buy the GameCube again for REmake and Resident Evil Zero?

Then again I haven't gotten around to playing Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword for the Wii. I know, shame on me. :oops: I have a lot of college work and then actual job that limits my time. In fact, I probably shouldn't be browsing on here as much, but I digress. So that with the previous GameCube exclusives might be a good reason to finally get the Wii?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
My head is spinning...so KennedyKiller, how do you recommend I go about buying these? As I talked about in my thread - I want the RE game collection.What

So for PS3 - I can get Resident Evil 2, 3 Nemesis, Code Veronica, Both Chronicles, RE4 in HD with all bonus content including Separate Ways, RE 5 Gold Edition, RE Operation Raccoon City, and RE6? (Are the Outbreak Files on the PSN?)

3DS - I have Mercenaries 3D and Revelations. Those are the only games for that handheld right?

Should I buy the GameCube again for REmake and Resident Evil Zero?

Then again I haven't gotten around to playing Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword for the Wii. I know, shame on me. :oops: I have a lot of college work and then actual job that limits my time. In fact, I probably shouldn't be browsing on here as much, but I digress. So that with the previous GameCube exclusives might be a good reason to finally get the Wii?
Actually, I think as far as RE goes, the Wii is the best bet..You can get REmake and RE0 for Wii, as far as the Wii Edition of RE4...Usually called by most the best RE4 port...As well as Darkside Chronicles and Umbrella Chronicles...Which are both cannon installments and must haves...

3DS is rumored to have even MORE RE exclusives on the way, and if you're a true RE fan...At least of the main cannon, I'd recommend it because RE: Revelations is part of the MAIN cannon, though I wouldn't make it a PRIORITY...

I don't recommend downloading any RE games, but that's just because I'm an RE collector...So I feel the hard copy is the only TRUE way to go...That's just my personal preference, and if you'd feel more comfortable downloading then that's the route you should go...So, at the end of the day if you prefer

Hard Copy-Wii
Download-PlayStation3

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'm a big fan of RE, but I'm not a collector so I don't mind having them on digital media.
I never had a PS1 and I only had RE4 for PS2 but I borrowed it so many times that I don't have a clue where it is.
I have played the PS1 games in emulators, and I also played Remake. The only main story games I haven't played yet are RE0 and Revelations.
I'm going to buy Anthology, since I want to play the old games again, and I will also buy the Chronicles HD Collection, since it can be played with the dualshock (I can't spend money on the PSMove, gotta save for other games, I also want to buy Uncharted 3 after all the RE's... and I'll have to wait 1-2 years until AC3 and MGR:R prices decrease so I can buy them...)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm a big fan of RE, but I'm not a collector so I don't mind having them on digital media.
I never had a PS1 and I only had RE4 for PS2 but I borrowed it so many times that I don't have a clue where it is.
I have played the PS1 games in emulators, and I also played Remake. The only main story games I haven't played yet are RE0 and Revelations.
I'm going to buy Anthology, since I want to play the old games again, and I will also buy the Chronicles HD Collection, since it can be played with the dualshock (I can't spend money on the PSMove, gotta save for other games, I also want to buy Uncharted 3 after all the RE's... and I'll have to wait 1-2 years until AC3 and MGR:R prices decrease so I can buy them...)
I hadn't played Zero either until about a year ago...And difficulty wise, it's the second hardest next to Code: Veronica...You're in for a treat with that game...Have you PLAYED the Chronicles game though? Just don't own them?

bruno

Chief Researcher
I hadn't played Zero either until about a year ago...And difficulty wise, it's the second hardest next to Code: Veronica...You're in for a treat with that game...Have you PLAYED the Chronicles game though? Just don't own them?
I want to buy Chronicles and then play it. It looks fun, at least. Do you think they are bad games?
I've seen almost the entirety of the gameplay online so I'm just thinking of buying them to play the games by myself. However, if they're terrible games, I could save my money for other non-RE games.

RE0 does look like a fun game to play. However, storywise, it has some stupid mistake. It also messes with the geography of the Raccoon City/Arklay complex with that "magic elevator" that takes you back into the MTF. I'm most curious about the Treatment Plant, since it's part of the underground complex. I also have to play RE2 again to remember exactly how the complex was.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I want to buy Chronicles and then play it. It looks fun, at least. Do you think they are bad games?
I've seen almost the entirety of the gameplay online so I'm just thinking of buying them for the gameplay. However, if they're terrible games, I could save my money for other non-RE games.
Actually no...I think they are among the best RE games ever made...In fact, I put UC and DC ahead of ALL the main games save RE4 and REmake...That's why I was asking if you've already played them...RE has always had amazing replay value, but these games DEFINITELY take the cake in the department...Plus, reliving old nightmares PLUS new ones that are cannon to the series...There was a reason Umbrella Chronicles got a 9/10 in...I belive GameInformer...Maybe GamePro...Either way...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Actually no...I think they are among the best RE games ever made...In fact, I put UC and DC ahead of ALL the main games save RE4 and REmake...That's why I was asking if you've already played them...RE has always had amazing replay value, but these games DEFINITELY take the cake in the department...Plus, reliving old nightmares PLUS new ones that are cannon to the series...There was a reason Umbrella Chronicles got a 9/10 in...I belive GameInformer...Maybe GamePro...Either way...

Sorry, I was editing the post when you were replying.
I would like to play the Games with Move, but after buying Anthology and the Chronicles Games, I can't spend much more money on gaming. I'll have to buy the Move later and play the games with dualshock (I hope playing them this way won't be as horrible as I'm imagining it xP)

Judging by my connection speed, I will have to wait 6 months until I have successfully downloaded all the games.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Sorry, I was editing the post when you were replying.
I would like to play the Games with Move, but after buying Anthology and the Chronicles Games, I can't spend much more money on gaming. I'll have to buy the Move later and play the games with dualshock (I hope playing them this way won't be as horrible as I'm imagining it xP)

Judging by my connection speed, I will have to wait 6 months until I have successfully downloaded all the games.
So you'll be able to play the games with a normal controller? I won't lie...That SEEMS as if it would take a LOT of the fun out of it...The Wii controller was what made that gameplay so fun...However, I haven't tried it with a regular controller, so I won't knock it...
Thanks KeneddyKiller
Anytime my friend...

I'm rather bittersweet on this. Bitter because I already have these except part 3 (Not counting RE1DC sicne I have the first published RE1) and it does me no good inless I have a space issue during travel and I can only take my PS3 for some reason. Plus I don't care for having digital copies. Sweet because this is a great idea for new RE fans to experience and understand the RE series the way it first came around, and not through the contradicting cutscenes and storylines of the chronicle games. They won't have to go through a scavenger hunt if they don't mind digital copies. And the price is very acceptable considering that RE1, 2, and 3 alone will still run you about $20 a piece.

I must say this is a much better deal that the one million dollar Leon t-shirt or whatever they were thinking about offering before. :p

bruno

Chief Researcher
So you'll be able to play the games with a normal controller? I won't lie...That SEEMS as if it would take a LOT of the fun out of it...The Wii controller was what made that gameplay so fun...However, I haven't tried it with a regular controller, so I won't knock it...

It will be possible... I most certainly will end up buying Mve out of dsperation, but there's still a chance the game works well with Dualshock (I want to believe that)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It will be possible... I most certainly will end up buying Mve out of dsperation, but there's still a chance the game works well with Dualshock (I want to believe that)
All I can say is don't judge the game before you have a move my friend...Not that you would, just sayin...

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
Damm... I'd wish REmake and 0 could be ported to the PSN... Then I'd have no excuse to go all Sony...
Those two are supposed to be Nintendo exclusives, right?

kgould01

U CANT SEE ME
i hope they release a better collectors edition like they did with resident evil 5. i already have those games so its really useless to me.

RedAndWhite

Just a few questions I have about Anthology.
1. Will it be available in Europe?
2. Will the codes come separate? I already own 5 GE, I'd rather give or resell the code and stay with the other 4 plus RE6.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'm not sure but I think they will be available worldwide... At least they didn't mention it would be specific for some regions.

RedAndWhite

Hmm. Amazon uk doesn't list it, US does though. But what about the codes? Separate or all in one? Not talking about sheet, the actual code.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Hmm. Amazon uk doesn't list it, US does though. But what about the codes? Separate or all in one? Not talking about sheet, the actual code.

There's much info about it yet, maybe it will be in Amazon in the next months. I don't think anyone knows if the codes are separate or not so far...

Top Bottom