• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 Special Editions: Anthology and Archives

bruno

Chief Researcher
[UPDATE]

Capcom is going to release two collections with RE6, each exclusive to one console to be released October 2, along with the stand alone version of RE6.:

RE6 Anthology 89.99$, exclusive for PS3, includes:

RE Director's Cut
RE 2
RE 3:Nemesis
RE 4 HD
RE 5 GE
RE 6

RE6 Archives 89.99$, exclusive for XBox360, includes:

RE:CVX HD
RE 4 HD
RE 5 GE
RE Degeneration
RE6
Besides RE6, all the other content is from the PSN/XBL (no physical copies).

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...nt_evil_6_collections_coming_to_xbox_360,_ps3

Jwells

Already have them on my PS3 (PSN) and GameCube

Would have bought it if they were physical copies !!!.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't think they're expensive, so I'm planning to buy Anthology. I'm not sure yet, but there's a chance RE5 GE is also included in Anthology.

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
I would love to have RE 1-2-3-4 in my PS3 so that I get rid of all those in the GC format and Wii... Then I could just get The 2 Chronicles for PS3 and have it all...
BUT RE0 can be only at the Wii... And RE1 (normal or Director's cut) are really crappy compared to the GC version...

So far I have
PS3: RE5-ORC
WII: GameCube format: 0-1-2-3 Wii: Umbrella Chronicles-4

I only have to download CV and buy Darkside Chronicles to have them all...

What to do, what to do -.-

bruno

Chief Researcher
The Chronicles will be released for PS3 (Chronicles Selection HD), as RE4 and RECVX were (Revival Selection HD).
Unfortunately, the chances of REmake and RE0 being released for PS3 are very weak.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The Chronicles will be released for PS3 (Chronicles Selection HD), as RE4 and RECVX were (Revival Selection HD).
Unfortunately, the chances of REmake and RE0 being released for PS3 are very weak.
Why are 0 and REmake so weak? Because of them being REmade for Wii already...But that can't be it, because Chronicles were Wii Exclusives...

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think Capcom has had many opportunities to port Remake and 0 to PS3. If they havnen't done so, there must be a reason for that (for example, not being profitable because of the work they'd have). besides that, Remake and 0 were released under the exclusivity contract. They broke it with RE4, maybe they don't want to break it again now. I don't think they had any exclusivity Contract for Chronicles.
Since there aren't many on-rails shooters for Move, the Chronicles are more favorable to be ported... And they tell the whole story (although poorly), so they're an alternative to playing all the classic games.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Ehh....already have the hard copy of all those games and the Degeneration DVD so there'd be no need for me to buy the Archives or the Anthology. If they really wanted to make it a deal, port RE0, REmake and the chronicles and put those in a special edition, I'd have a blast.

Jwells

I would love to have RE 1-2-3-4 in my PS3 so that I get rid of all those in the GC format and Wii... Then I could just get The 2 Chronicles for PS3 and have it all...
BUT RE0 can be only at the Wii... And RE1 (normal or Director's cut) are really crappy compared to the GC version...

So far I have
PS3: RE5-ORC
WII: GameCube format: 0-1-2-3 Wii: Umbrella Chronicles-4

I only have to download CV and buy Darkside Chronicles to have them all...

What to do, what to do -.-

I have all the Resident Evils on the GameCube

I will probably never get rid of them. Some of them are pretty hard to find nowadays, especially Resi 2.

Jgraeme1979

Seems like no one outside the States is interested in buying it according to Capcom as both these editions are limited to North America

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Whats the GE?
If all the other games arnt phsycal copies how am I buying them?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Whats the GE?
If all the other games arnt phsycal copies how am I buying them?

GE - Gold Edition. It includes all the extra costumes, Mercenaries Reunion (different Mercs mode) and, most importantly, the episodes Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape.

When you buy the game, you are given special codes that allow you to download the games from PSN (I don't know if it works like that for XBox or not).

ToCool74

Veteran Member
If you ask me sony got the best deal here lol.

They got 3 great Resident Evil classics while Xbox only got 1.

Code veronica is actually my favorite game of the series but stacked up to either getting that or the first 3 classics in the series I think the 3 is the better deal.

Also PS3 getting RE4 HD while Xbox gets RE5 is also in favor of PS3 IMO since I think RE4 was a much better game than RE5.

bruno

Chief Researcher
If you ask me sony got the best deal here lol.

They got 3 great Resident Evil classics while Xbox only got 1.

Code veronica is actually my favorite game of the series but stacked up to either getting that or the first 3 classics in the series I think the 3 is the better deal.

Also PS3 getting RE4 HD while Xbox gets RE5 is also in favor of PS3 IMO since I think RE4 was a much better game than RE5.

I don't think Capcom wanted to port the 3 classics for Xbox, So they replaced them with Degeneration and Resi 5.
Then they separated Resi 4 and CVX because they were part of the same relaunch...
I think Resi 4 and Resi 5 are about as good as each other. In my opinion, they balance out, both have bad things, both have good things. However, this is Resi 5 Gold, so it contains LIN and DE (which I never played) and also Mercs Reunion (i don't care much for it but wouldn't mind trying).

ToCool74

Veteran Member
However, this is Resi 5 Gold, so it contains LIN and DE (which I never played) and also Mercs Reunion (i don't care much for it but wouldn't mind trying).

Well as someone who has played the DLC for RE5 I must say that it does not do enough to make it better than RE4 IMO and RE4 still outshines it in every aspect except for Graphics obviously.

Top Bottom