• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 December Update

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Also, Slayers is now when you die, you spawn as an enemy, and have to kill a human player to become human again. Last human player/team standing wins.
That's Survivors you mean. Slayers is to kill the most enemies to score the highest. Matter of fact is Slayers even in RE6?

That's something I think might be tedious. If you spawn as an enemy and it's like how it was in AH, then it will be very hard to kill an enemy, especially if you have to be the zombie landing the final blow. All the infected have way to much delay on their attacks to be able to use any of them effectively. This leads me to believe that the infected mechanic was a device to keep people occupied, rather than to give them another chance in the round.
This makes it all the more reason to be good at it. To me RE5 Survivors took hardly any skill. You just needed the right controls.

Darkness

Infected
This makes it all the more reason to be good at it. To me RE5 Survivors took hardly any skill. You just needed the right controls.
As in to be good at surviving, and avoid becoming a zombie in the first place, right? Not being good at being a zombie.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
That's Survivors you mean. Slayers is to kill the most enemies to score the highest. Matter of fact is Slayers even in RE6?

Yeah, my mistake! I meant Survivors haha, good catch. I barely played the RE5 online modes aha.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
The new modes look mostly stupid to me, and I'm so disappointed, having to say that. I liked Survivors in RE5 a lot and even made Slayers into PVP most of the time, but I wanted something a little less PVP-oriented. Also, I noticed, in the video, that quick shots cause players to knock back, and that seems potentially annoying... Predator looks all right since it's somewhat co-op. And, Onslaught just doesn't interest me because it's 1-on-1. The problem with Mercs right now is that I get tired of choosing between friends. Plus, if it's true that they're timed-exclusives, it doesn't matter anyway... Now, what I want is that mode where players compete for the highest score... 6 of them. I guess that would be Onslaught+Survivors-PVP?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I agree with Sonnentreppe i was hoping for something like Onslaught but 3 vs 3 or 2 vs 2.
Team survivors posibly? Its gunna be crappy if theres NO other zombies running around as when someone dies they'll just be such an easy kill.
I was hoping for the Siege mode where it was 3v 3 with one team defending an NPC and the other attacking him.
The Predator mode imo looks crap, the Ustanak is going to get battered everytime, the 5 players can just dodge his rockets and stay out of his melee range, it will be a walk over

Jay

K.I.N.G.
As in to be good at surviving, and avoid becoming a zombie in the first place, right? Not being good at being a zombie.
Right. This will keep you on your toes more. Though hopefully it won't be ridiculously hard to get a kill as a zombie or J'avo.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Hi have you guys seen this on youtube.? The agent's loadout looks pretty good. Survival Knife/ Nine oh Nine/ Semi Auto Sniper + 4 pills

TomVinPrice

Mercenary
Hi have you guys seen this on youtube.? The agent's loadout looks pretty good. Survival Knife/ Nine oh Nine/ Semi Auto Sniper + 4 pills

Eh, not a big fan of the knife or semi auto sniper, can't seem to find them very useful. I usually go for the head shot then melee take down so I may still use him because he has the Nine oh Nine. Plus he looks bad-ass, so there's that too.

Darkness

Infected
Eh, not a big fan of the knife or semi auto sniper, can't seem to find them very useful. I usually go for the head shot then melee take down so I may still use him because he has the Nine oh Nine. Plus he looks bad-ass, so there's that too.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I find that knives are just a waste of a weapon slot if you have a pistol, because a pistol can do everything a knife can but at close or medium range. A head-slash with a knife opens up for the same melee attack as a head-shot with a pistol, and a quickshot from a knife also opens up the same melee as a pistol's quickshot. The knife just forces you to be close to do either, which increases your chances of harm. The only argument I could thing of for a knife would be that pistols run out of ammo, but I don't think that's ever actually happened to me on a mercs map.

Snipers in mercs mode in my opinion are like a weaker version of a magnum, but with an unnecessary added scope. Snipers and magnums both revolve around a single, powerful, precise shot. Snipers have the advantage of range, but in mercs mode, everything is running at you anyway, so you're going to pretty much always be in medium to close quarters. Magnums, grenade launchers, and shotguns just fill the role of a "power weapon" so much better than a sniper does. Whenever i'm a character with a sniper as a power weapon, I always go "...well ****," when the napads come on Steel Beast, and I have nothing to shoot them with. The sniper doesn't even chip their shell. A magnum will break their armor in one shot, a shotgun doesn't take more than a shot or two as well; but a sniper... UGH.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I find the knife very useful with Chris and Jake costume (my favourites). I can sometimes go whole rounds with it only switching for a couple of strong enemies. I find the knife easier to set up for the melee stun , i can also do a quick one slice to the head then slide for a +7. it also counters way easier, you can slash a guy twice then counter him when he attacks. It can also attack without using up stamina, if you dont use the quick shot thing, so you are melee'ing while charging up stamina which is very useful. It also allows you to build up loads of ammo i really like the knife. It kills dogs with one slash, kills bloodshots with two slashes + a 7 and it can also kill the guys with the stretchy arm in one slash if u hit him in the arm. So i think it can do way more than a pistol. In fact when i use someone without a knife, i really notice it missing.
The sniper is useful for Steel beast/ high seas/ requiem of war but i agree its less useful than some other weapons. its handy for keeping the combo going and killing the bombs or chicken javos at range. Also those maps have snipers/rocket lauchers also useful for killing them

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i thought the combat knife is very nice, least what i thought when i did Chris's campain (being Chris), in chapter 3? where chris and piers infiltrate Neo-Umbrella's ship (went full stealth commando with the combat knife). was sometimes used on that mission to rescue Sherry and Jake in the Underwater Facility. But yesss, it is a very versitile and deadly weapon. i Like it :)

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Its this Monday mate, the 17th December! The update comes out a day before the multiplayer modes. The update includes Adas co op partner. Cheers
-thanks ;).. I hope they let you switch to the agent in single player campaign If you want too, not just co-op. I ve been maxing out all the infinite weapons hoping to be able to use him in a single player run through in Adas campaign. Still hoping its HUNK and Ive been saving up every res.net point I have to unlock any costumes for him in multiplayer

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Question: Is Ada's coop partner available as a mercs character like in that video?

i'm assuming he will be available after finishing the Ada campain (being him or being your partner), or he can be unlocked immediately via Residentevil.net (using RE points)

Top Bottom