• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 December Update

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
as for the title update, not the dlcs......i think i will not download the title update thing, since i like how the camera view is currently, and Ada's partner is "optional" so i won't be missing anything (storywise) and the "No Hope Left" difficulty? Mercenaries is the game-mode i will be playing for the most (when i am playing Resident Evil 6) :cool:

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
I dont think you have a choice in downloading title updates, you have to or it'll disable your xbox live until the game is up to date. I read the free update is the same day as the new dlc modes, im looking forward to it all.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
I dont think you have a choice in downloading title updates, you have to or it'll disable your xbox live until the game is up to date. I read the free update is the same day as the new dlc modes, im looking forward to it all.

oh damn, i guess i have no choice than to do the update, but i hope it gives you the option to choose between the two camera view options though :oops:

cause to be honest i like the camera view as of current, and the improved camera view; is not to my liking :confused:

TheVacantThrone

oh damn, i guess i have no choice than to do the update, but i hope it gives you the option to choose between the two camera view options though :oops:

cause to be honest i like the camera view as of current, and the improved camera view; is not to my liking :confused:
You can choose between them :) it will be an option in the menu where you change your laser colour etc :)

TheVacantThrone

i hope they disable 'quickshot' for versus because its just auto aim and is going to be stupid

I find quickshot one of the most unreliable things in the game. You have to be stupidly close, and there's a stamina bar so i can't see it being too much of a problem. Slayers is 6 players in this game aswell.

Darkness

Infected
Imagine how cool it would be to do survivors on UC and then hide in one of the shops to the sides or inside one of the busses, and then snipe people running around outside. So epic. :rolleyes:

i hope they disable 'quickshot' for versus because its just auto aim and is going to be stupid
In my mind i imagine it might actually break some of the previous cheap features in RE5's versus. Whenever I versed in RE5, pistols, snipers, and machine guns would all be completely useless. People would just zig-zag until they were right in front of you, and then casually point blank you with a magnum or hydra, which would stun you after 1 shot and kill you after 2. If you were Jill for example, you just didn't have anything that could keep up with the damage output. Winning the game was based completely on which character you were instead of how good you were. Now perhaps when someone starts unloading their hydra on me, perhaps I can quick-shot them and give me a little to put some distance between us. Especially if i'm a character that relies on a sniper for a power weapon.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Survivors is my main thing. I wonder how similar it'll be to RE5. Will there be special weapons that spawn in chest we can pick up? If we die do we lose a random weapon? Will random mini bosses spawn to screw us up? Will there be a Team Survivors mode as well? And will there be unlockable stages by scoring high. Can't wait to find out.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Imagine how cool it would be to do survivors on UC and then hide in one of the shops to the sides or inside one of the busses, and then snipe people running around outside. So epic. :rolleyes:

In my mind i imagine it might actually break some of the previous cheap features in RE5's versus. Whenever I versed in RE5, pistols, snipers, and machine guns would all be completely useless. People would just zig-zag until they were right in front of you, and then casually point blank you with a magnum or hydra, which would stun you after 1 shot and kill you after 2. If you were Jill for example, you just didn't have anything that could keep up with the damage output. Winning the game was based completely on which character you were instead of how good you were. Now perhaps when someone starts unloading their hydra on me, perhaps I can quick-shot them and give me a little to put some distance between us. Especially if i'm a character that relies on a sniper for a power weapon.
yeah i would agree the versus on 5 was kind of stupid. I only played it a couple of times and the other people were working together. Well you wouldnt have that main problem now everyone can move and shoot at the same time, and take cover. there might be some slightly better battles. i dont think they will spawn characters with the magnum but we'll see.
I guess quick shot at least it takes a while to recover after so if people spam that they will got shot down when their stood still recoverin. I just think auto aim, in competitive games is a big no no. They already have 'sticky aim' and some degree of aim assist adding quick shot is just a really cheap mechanic. i didnt like it in the actual single player either, i prefered quick shotting myself manually, without costing stamina like in Re5. which was also more accurate as it went where ur camera was looking, instead of the random-noob way how it is now.

TheVacantThrone

Survivors is my main thing. I wonder how similar it'll be to RE5. Will there be special weapons that spawn in chest we can pick up? If we die do we lose a random weapon? Will random mini bosses spawn to screw us up? Will there be a Team Survivors mode as well? And will there be unlockable stages by scoring high. Can't wait to find out.
From what I've read Slayers is 6 player, 1 vs 1 vs 1 etc, or 2 vs 2 vs 2 :)

TheVacantThrone

Also, Slayers is now when you die, you spawn as an enemy, and have to kill a human player to become human again. Last human player/team standing wins.

Darkness

Infected
yeah i would agree the versus on 5 was kind of stupid. I only played it a couple of times and the other people were working together. Well you wouldnt have that main problem now everyone can move and shoot at the same time, and take cover. there might be some slightly better battles. i dont think they will spawn characters with the magnum but we'll see.
I guess quick shot at least it takes a while to recover after so if people spam that they will got shot down when their stood still recoverin. I just think auto aim, in competitive games is a big no no. They already have 'sticky aim' and some degree of aim assist adding quick shot is just a really cheap mechanic. i didnt like it in the actual single player either, i prefered quick shotting myself manually, without costing stamina like in Re5. which was also more accurate as it went where ur camera was looking, instead of the random-noob way how it is now.
An instance where I think that quickshotting will be completely necessary is if your character is one that uses a sniper as a power weapon, like Jill's battle suit costume in RE5, which in my opinion, was completely useless in the versus modes, because you were extremely unlikely to ever catch a player in the cross hairs of that PSG.

Also, Slayers is now when you die, you spawn as an enemy, and have to kill a human player to become human again. Last human player/team standing wins.
That's something I think might be tedious. If you spawn as an enemy and it's like how it was in AH, then it will be very hard to kill an enemy, especially if you have to be the zombie landing the final blow. All the infected have way to much delay on their attacks to be able to use any of them effectively. This leads me to believe that the infected mechanic was a device to keep people occupied, rather than to give them another chance in the round.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
All three modes look awesome! I can't wait to play them, I wonder when they will get as PS3 release. From the look of these videos I think I am most looking forward to playing survivors. It should be even better than 5 because you can play with 6 players.

The onslaught mode reminds me of a multiplayer minigame in New Super Mario Bros on the DS where you send different coloured bob-ombs to the other players screen where they will blow up unless they send them back. Haha :D

Frenchman

I've finally defeated the Haos (yeah, very late, 10 days later :eek: ).
I had the chance to find explosive grenades for the launcher, and I used it on the Haos cocoon. Nothing happens with one shot .... why ? After 3 shots it finally explodes ... then what I discovered just today (!!) is that in order for Piers to make the cocoon explode, Chris must be behind it. The cocoon must be bewteen the two characters. I did not know that before, and I was always waiting next to Piers for him to shoot and provoke the explosion, which rarely happened. That's just ridiculous. :confused:

Now the Jake and Sherry story is wating for me. :cool:

Top Bottom