• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 critical updates - New release date, the Merc and the blond girl

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Today, in the new Captivate trailer, we learned that RE6 will release on October 2nd instead of November 20th. Also, the merc is Jake Muller, Wesker's son, and the blond girl is Sherry Birkin, as was revealed during a developer interview. The campaign will have 3 storylines, one for each protagonist - Leon, Chris and Jake. The pairs will be: Leon/Helena, Jake/Sherry, Chris/Piers. Each storyline will be a tad shorter than the whole of RE5, making RE6 resonably lengthy.

In Multiplayer, Mercenaries mode will return and will be unlocked from the get-go, and co-op will become "drop-in/drop-out", removing restrictions and making it simpler to play in co-op.

Are you excited about these news?

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Wow. Wesker's son, Sherry, Leon and Chris actually meeting each other? And Ada...? Looks like a pretty good move.
Starting to like Chris more now. From this he seems much more likeable (was he ever not likeable?) and much more human than past games where he seemed to be merely a soldier with a vengeance.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
They moved the release date up, why the rush? I hope they've done everything they needed to then, and its not buggy. Because they pushed ORC back a whole three months, and you see how that turned out.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know, eh... and I'm too nice of a person to start rubbing it in people's faces .:D

Only half-right though, I thought it was Alex. But I had ruled Steve out from the get-go. My feminine intuitions were not that far off afterall. :D
I'd call you 75% right because while it's not ALEX Wesker...It still technically is a Wesker...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Starting to like Chris more now. From this he seems much more likeable (was he ever not likeable?) and much more human than past games where he seemed to be merely a steroid junky with a vengeance.

Imma ignore that last bit and focus on the question at hand. Yes. Yes he was always likeable... and lickable.
tumblr_m29skl0vNu1rnicuio1_500.jpg

I look forward to toggling that analog stick this October.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You know...I won't lie...I'm not a fan of Chris' makeover...I mean, it's slight, but it gave him a more square look that I'm not a fan of...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'd call you 75% right because while it's not ALEX Wesker...It still technically is a Wesker...
Yayyyyyy.... see, sometimes La Femme does know what she's talking about! :D :D :D
Interesting, I share your view on the revival of the economy too.
Yes yes, I have profound views on the economy and global warming. :D

I'm so excited for this game and the Leon/Chris fight! The only thing that'd make this better is if they'd take their clothes off!

CrashOkami

The Survivor
I think Capcom gave Chris a long sleeved jacket to hide his mutated, overly huge muscles. I liked RE5 and all, but these arms, and him punching a boulder, had me rolling my eyes each time I played.

Top Bottom