• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE Villains

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
My favourite is Alex Wesker, scary and bat**** insane, yet calm and collected enough to go through with her plans and make any sacrifice necessary for them to succeed. While I'm still not entirely sure how the fear experiments fit in with her search for immortality (there is an explanation, but it's rather far-fetched), I like what she did there, and that the villain actually won for once. Her original body might have been destroyed (and as someone else said, I'm not a fan of what she eventually turned into), but a copy of her mind is still very much alive in Natalia, and I can't wait to see more of that.

I also like the Ashford twins for being such unique villains. Granted, at first glance they're just crazy blondes involved with bioterrorism, like almost every other villain in the series, but Alfred impersonating his sister without even realising what he's doing, and Alexia being a child in the body of an adult woman makes them a lot more interesting. And the story of how they figured out who or what they really were, what they did to their father afterwards, their house on the hill that is filled with dolls... Everything about them is so beautifully creepy! I don't enjoy Code Veronica as a game, but also don't regret playing through it anyway just to see more of its villains.

As for Albert Wesker, I'm kind of into his style, the blond hair, shades and black clothes, but... that's pretty much all the good I can say about him. As a character, I find him rather boring, and what they did with him in RE5 is so terrible that it ought to be punishable by imprisonment.

Regardless, I think the worst villain in the series is Simmons. Not the idea behind his character, that's actually pretty neat, but his personality and his design are extremely bland, the never-ending boss fight against his 200 different forms, one more ridiculous than the next, completely ruins the last two chapters of Leon's campaign, and we don't even get to know all that much about the shady organisation he works for, which is the one thing that makes him somewhat interesting in the first place. Yeah, and his obsession with Ada, but that could have been handled better as well.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I second every single thing that Hel just said.

It's true that Wesker is the most iconic RE enemy (maybe tied globally now with Mr. X and Nemesis due to the meme potential) - but Capcom wasted the potential of the character. With the eventual RE5 REmake in 2026 or whatever (lol), maybe they can make up for the mistakes they made. His best version is the REmake version honestly. Even if you know that he is the traitor, he still plays his part beautifully.

And man, they could've had so much with Simmons. He could've been the next Wesker. But he was a one and done kind of villain with the worst forms of any enemy ever. Please. Pick one animal to emulate. He shouldn't go from Dog to T-Rex to Giant Fly. And we can be more creative than that anyway.

mert20004

Top 10 list

Alexia, alfred, wesker, carla, simmons, alex, william, annette, hunk and krauser.

Honorable mention: Nicholai

Least favourites

Worst: Eveline

Dishonorable mentions: Morpheus, norman, lansdale, downing and baker family. ( Excluding jack. )

mert20004

I think lansdale is a wasted villain; he gets arrested at the end of rerev and his status is unknown. It's possible he might have died at jail in an anti-climactic way off screen. Neil tries to revive fbc but he fails too; at least his boss battle is decent with 2 possible ways to finish him off. Meanwhile rerev is too busy being a dull entry. I dont think simmons is wasted villain; if he didnt die, he would have got arrested since leon / helena got the evidence to prove his crimes and his status would have been same as lansdale's / davis' situation. Not to mention fos hacked com between him and his men. That evidence might prove ada's innocent as well though unfortunately according to hunnigan; the government wont disclose this info to public due to the family still being active and them selecting a new leader after simmons' death. Regardless ı'm just glad that carla managed to turn him into a zoo simulator. Simmons deserves all that punishment.

I think wesker's death in re5 is a wasted potential. He should have died to 4 or even 5 rockets instead of 2. Ex-stars team ( Include barry and rebecca in main story. ) and sheva get to fire the rockets and the chopper contains 5 rpgs instead of 2.

Krauser in re4 should had been bruce from dead aim and he should had appeared in darkside chronicles as well.

Arias should had been a survivor of neo umbrella who wants revenge from bsaa and dso for them ruining carla's plans instead of los illuminados, that way the movie could be connected better connected to re6. Damnation was already a re4 rehash; there wasnt any need for another re4 rehash. Oh and his men along with maria should had been connected to neo umbrella too.

Svetlana is another missed potential, her status is unknown just like lansdale. I guess we can speculate that she died in jail or something just like lansdale.

Morpheus should had been a female instead of a male obsessed with beauty. The gender changing stuff isnt used well other than devs wanting a female tyrant just for the sake of it.

Umbrella corps should had never gave a hint about wesker, he died capcom. Let the old man rest in his death bed please. Reviving him would be stupid; doesnt matter how much explanation people might have for it.

mert20004

Also ı forgot to say this but ı think umbrella's destruction in umbrella chronicles is another wasted potential. Many characters are missing. ( Hunk, nicholai, carlos, leon etc. ) Talos and sergei's boss battles arent that intimidating either.

Not to mention it should had been in a main numbered entry. It's really stupid that re2, re3 and recv all hint at a badass destruction for the company at the end only for re4 to destroy umbrella in an anti-climactic way.

Top Bottom