• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE Villains

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Resident Evil has villains over the years, some we think are awesome, others not so much. Who are your favorites, or least favorite in the entire series?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
These are my top favorites from the series:

Albert Wesker is always gonna be a personal favorite of mine, like a true psychopath, there’s a charm to him that fools us all. Even though they went full comic book with him in RE5, I really hope we get a remake of CVX that brings a fresh spin on the greedy power/money hungry man with a god complex.

The Ashford twins are next on my list. Their wealth and research brought them far in the way of bioterrorism. A brother and sister with an incest-y bond on par with the Lannister’s in GoT, they are so evil and twisted that they even experimented on their own dad.

Alex Wesker is high on my favorite villains list, I may even like her a bit more than the Ashford Twins depending on when you ask me. As far as all new villains go, Capcom did a great job creating a new and memorable villain and it’s not just because of her Wesker name that makes her stand out. What she has done is truly evil. She’s possibly even worse than Albert as what she seeks goes beyond money and power. She seeks that fountain of youth, someone who is desperate to live through her sickness that she is eager to sacrifice so many others for her own life. What’s more is that she succeeded in her plans by the end of her debut game.

William Birkin is unlike any of the other villains on this list. He wasn’t out for power and world domination. He was a workaholic who’s main passion in life was his work. His own family/child was even an afterthought in comparison. REmake 2 did a great job fleshing him out as a villain and did it in such a way that you actually pity him. I find it tragic, during the first fight against him, when he begs Claire to kill him in order to stop him from uncontrollably killing his daughter. To me, it showed that perhaps there was some regret in what he had done.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't know that I have much to say that bSTAR_182 didn't already say.

Birkin is my favorite because I feel like they never had a better enemy design than his Four Arm version. Iconic, scary, and cool all wrapped up in to one gross burrito.

Krauser also deserves a special shout out for having a great buildup through the game including the iconic knife fight and then a great boss battle.

Mr.R

I think the series has memorable villains, but handles most of them pretty bad.

Wesker was a good villain. Smart, cunning and then turned into bad-Neo. To me, his best performace is Umbrella Chronicles, where we can kinda see inside his mind. That being said, I dislike Wesker in RE5. His plan is silly, his attitude relating to Chris is stupid and by the end he was whispering about "Complete Global Saturation."

Alex Wesker also had a good start. I loved her as the "Overseer", the way we can only hear her taunts and all. It's a shame she was relegated to turned into a monster like every RE villain. And her monstrous form wasn't that much interesting.

Krauser was cool, because he was like an evil version of your character. Highly trained and capable, but his morals were completely twisted. He doesn't have much deep, but hearing his thoughts on the last chapter of Operation Javier was cool

William Birkin was pure chaos. There wasn't much into it. He barely had a purpose, but he was strong and dangerous and knowing how he got there was cool and I agree with @bSTAR_182 on everything she said about him.

I honestly thought Simmons and the Family to be a wasted opportunity. A powerful man, inside the US government could cause problems to all characters in the series, and stir a lot of paranoia into our heroes. Shame he also was relegated to monster of the week. At least a T-Rex is a cool monster.

The one I dislike the most is Alexia. I can't synch into CV. Everything seem silly and over the top (not the action, but the plot...). I always called them Disney villains. I hope a future CV remake can change that. I gotta say though, Alfred in Darkside Chronicles is not so bad. I prefer the sadistic psychopath he is in DC better than the original.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I couldn't agree more about the changing of Wesker in to bad Neo. In CV, he does the Neo moves when fighting Alexia and it is ridiculously out of place. But it was great having a character that didn't die immediately and had so many roles through out the series.

But I do love both Alexia and Alfred. Their creepiness takes the game to a whole new level. Alfred with his warped mind and failure to cope with the sister he lost - man, does he get in to some Normal Bates territory. So creepy. But it added depth to the story! And Alexia is just a very cool antagonist. Her forms were creepy and she had some crazy motivation that at least fits in RE territory. haha. And poor Alexander.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
The only Villains that I like is Wesker(obviously lol) and the Ashford Twins...everyone else I thought were wasted potential, annoying, or bland enough that I don't really care about

I think Spencer is a biggest example of wasted potential out of all of them, he is one of the head honchos of Umbrella and has been looming in the shadows for years and it rather lead to a disappointing conclusion, I just felt Capcom dropped the ball on this one. Honorable mentions goes to James Marcus, Nicolai Ginovaef, Jack's proclamation of Umbrella's return, The Family, and Alex Wesker.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Wesker, for obvious reasons, will always be the best villain in the series for me.

Alex Wesker was someone I found intriguing. She developed and tested a virus on the population of a whole island purely for her own immortality and vanity. The virus she created exploited people's fear, and she even took over the body of a nine-year-old girl. If that isn't twisted, I don't know what is.

1995umk3

The hunters only because they got me really good. I had to use save/load states on RE1 using the psx emu to get used to them.

It was still hard with that too.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Chief Irons is an honorable mention even though we don’t get to fight him. REmake 2 did an excellent job with exposing how conniving he was in such a position with a lot of power.

I agree with @Mr.R that they missed the opportunity to use Simmons in a similar fashion to screw Leon over by suspending him, etc. That entire game was a missed opportunity lol.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have to say that Neil is the longest boss fight in ****ing RE history. It takes like 25 minutes to take him down. It's the worst. And his design was kind of basic. Wish they would've done more with his character and his boss form too.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
very annoying indeed, but its mostly his character that is a waste, his boss fight is just hecking frustrating

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The worst part about his boss fight is that immediately after this LONG fight, you are faced with the choice to have Claire kill the monster for good. If you're a quick shot like me, you do this with no problem. However, that is how you get the BAD ending of the game and miss out on the final end boss. Apparently, you have to take your time and let Moira kill him (facing her fear of guns). But how would anyone know THAT!?

I still have to play through REV 2 again to get the better ending. Yikes.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
The worst part about his boss fight is that immediately after this LONG fight, you are faced with the choice to have Claire kill the monster for good. If you're a quick shot like me, you do this with no problem. However, that is how you get the BAD ending of the game and miss out on the final end boss. Apparently, you have to take your time and let Moira kill him (facing her fear of guns). But how would anyone know THAT!?

Thank you!!

~Excella~

Premium
Wesker is pretty much everyone’s favorite lol it’s hard not to like someone as cool as him.

Excella is second on my list, I liked her a lot. She was born the same year I was, always a plus:evil:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
She sure should - We get a lot of talk about Irving and of course, Wesker. Excella doesn't feel as fully fleshed out as these other characters. But I do like her design and personality for sure.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Ricardo is pretty insignificant, if he were to be cut out, nothing would be missed. All that time could be given to Excella instead and flushing her out a bit more.

Top Bottom