• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Random Facts.

L

Lurker
Just post up some random facts.

And yes LFF I did a search of the keyword facts.

Random Fact: Thanks to the number zero, every year in the 2000's last digits will be how old I am. GO 1999!

tequila

Bottle Lover
Did you know that the female's body can produce to up to 25 children in her lifetime, compared to the male producing as infinite amount of children in his lifetime?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
My old mouse is blinking red.
I think it needs to be fed.
It needs recharge if it flashes its LED.
I too needs to get fed.
And then I'll head for the bed.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
While most animal activists will never admit it (for perfectly good reason); ironically Nazi Germany, the archetypal image of evil, pioneered the protection of animal rights. While much of the strict legislation was dissolved after the fall of the Third Reich, it's main principals of animal welfare are generally well accepted today and integrated into much western legislation on the matter.

But you didn't hear it from me. :p

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
tequila;69911 said:
Did you know that the female's body can produce to up to 25 children in her lifetime, compared to the male producing as infinite amount of children in his lifetime?
Why only 25? She can have twins, and even three, four or more kids in one go.

Not that it's likely to happen, but when you say 25 you are talking theoretically anyhow.

Hoady

La Femme Fatale;69918 said:
While most animal activists will never admit it (for perfectly good reason); ironically Nazi Germany, the archetypal image of evil, pioneered the protection of animal rights. While much of the strict legislation was dissolved after the fall of the Third Reich, it's main principals of animal welfare are generally well accepted today and integrated into much western legislation on the matter.

But you didn't hear it from me. :p

Wow thats pretty cool but i'm not surprised even the most sadistic bastard could have a love for dogs.I myself like animals more then human beings all you have to do is give them a home,some food and there loyal forever.. people though are assholes and can turn on you.

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
There is A R2D2 and C3PO Hyrogliphic in Raiders of the lost Ark. (Talk about nerdy homage to past films) (Nerd fact of the year.) (I am A hugh nerd)(I couldn't believe it when I saw it, so I took a picture!)
C3PO-1.jpg

L

Lurker
ProtoTypeRaavyn;69981 said:
There is A R2D2 and C3PO Hyrogliphic in Raiders of the lost Ark. (Talk about nerdy homage to past films) (Nerd fact of the year.) (I am A hugh nerd)(I couldn't believe it when I saw it, so I took a picture!)
C3PO-1.jpg

Oh my god. Thats insane.

Random Fact: I did yard work for 3 hours.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
One or two days ago when I moved things around in my apartment, I found an item that I had been missing for some time. But now I have forgot where I found it, and I have also forgot where I put it after I found it.

I have also forgot what kind of item it was.

Hoady

Romero;70034 said:
One or two days ago when I moved things around in my apartment, I found an item that I had been missing for some time. But now I have forgot where I found it, and I have also forgot where I put it after I found it.

I have also forgot what kind of item it was.

Man i'm the worst at that i'm flipping out trying to find something for 30 minutes then when i find it,a minute later i just throw it somewhere and forget where i put it.I've done this so many times and will do it with the same thing more then once.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
But do you also forget what item it was? I don't even remember if it was something small or big. :lol:

bruno

Chief Researcher
The flatulence from ruminants, like cows, contains high levels of methane because their guts convert cellulose to starches and sugars. Methane is a powerful greenhouse gas, 21 times as bad for the environment as carbon dioxide. There is about 1 cow for family, which sounds bad. (SAVE THE WORLD - KILL THE COWS)

I'm sorry if i am insulting anyone's religious beliefs, but that was not my intention.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Can news be random facts?

A railroad accident took place in Oslo yesterday. A set of 16 empty cargo cars was parked at a cargo terminal on the high lands North of Oslo. The brakes somehow failed and the train (that was not attached to a locomotive) began to roll.

The cars was empty and they are basically just a chassis frame with wheels. Each car weighs 32-35 metric tons and the total weight of the 16 car train was 512 - 560 tons (1,128,766 - 1,234,588 pounds lmao).

The runaway train picked up speed in the steep slopes and screeched through our capital suburbs towards downtown Central Station :blink: and harbor area.

Several attempts was made to shift the train into side tracks and make it crash safely into safety barriers. They also manually fastened solid iron plates with bolts to the track at three places to make the train derail if they could not lead it to one of the side tracks. All these measures failed because of the train's high speed. The heavy iron plates that are designed to derail also loaded trains broke in pieces and was thrown 90 meters away.

The distance between that cargo terminal and the harbor is 8.2 kilometers (5 US miles), and the difference in elevation is 100 meters (328 feet).

Luckily the train did not head into the Oslo Central Station where it could have destroyed the main station building and a shopping center. The accident happened early on the afternoon when things are busy.

The speed is calculated to have been 100-130 KMH (62-80 MPH) when it was near the harbor. Just before the tracks ends at the harbor, some cars derailed and the last couple of cars got airborne. The derailed train barely missed a depot for airplane fuel and a tanker truck loaded with fuel. Some rail cars hit normal road cars and some trucks and ploughed through a warehouse and other structures, which collapsed. Some of the train cars stopped on the bottom of the sea.

Three people was killed and four was injured. Three fatalities is three too many, but it is almost unbelievable that not many more people was killed and injured.

How much energy is 500 tons x 100 kmh? :wacko:

There are some sharp bends downtown and despite the high speed the train did not derail there because the cars was empty and the center of gravity is very very low for empty cars.

Often the trains are loaded with aviation petrol and other sorts of explosive things... A heavy train would have derailed before the harbor and caused a destruction no one wants to think about.

It has now leaked out that a similar accident almost happened in 2006. A locomotive parked a train and the train's brakes failed moments after the locomotive left the parked train behind. But the locomotive had to stop and wait because of a red light and the runaway train bumped into the waiting locomotive and slightly injured the locomotove operator.

Hoady

How did only 3 people die and 4 get injured?Thats the most insane i've ever heard like cars flipping,550 tons of metal flying at 100kmh eventually landing in water after dodging everything.

There was once an accident pretty bad near here theres a highway nearby drive away and trucks come through alot.Well it was 1993 and some guy was coming down hill on this highway in his truck and his brakes didn't work.This guy was flying down the hill at hell knows how fast and couldn't control it, he eventually got down on a normal slope heading towards a town and past traffic lights and crashed.The driver survived but a few people got killed, the poor guy must've gone through a lot of trauma.They built a thing called a "truck arrester bed" so if it happens again trucks can go in and somehow they can stop inside, dunno how it works maybe like a big foam block at the end.

200px-Great_Eastern_Highway_Truck_Arrester_Bed.JPG

Thats the one!!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hoady;70329 said:
How did only 3 people die and 4 get injured?Thats the most insane i've ever heard like cars flipping,550 tons of metal flying at 100kmh eventually landing in water after dodging everything.
No one really understands the low number of victims. At least two of the fatalities happened when the warehouse fell down.

Overview of part of the accident area:
1116r.jpg

This boat was lucky!
1113boat.jpg

1269436809073_462.jpg

1114m.jpg

This is the most dented car I've seen that is not completely crushed lol.
1112o.jpg

Scuba divers could not search for victims before the rail cars in the water was secured. They was unstable. Note the truck wheel that has been ripped clean off.
1110mm.jpg

1269436479089_759.jpg

There was once an accident pretty bad near here theres a highway nearby drive away and trucks come through alot.Well it was 1993 and some guy was coming down hill on this highway in his truck and his brakes didn't work.This guy was flying down the hill at hell knows how fast and couldn't control it, he eventually got down on a normal slope heading towards a town and past traffic lights and crashed.The driver survived but a few people got killed, the poor guy must've gone through a lot of trauma.They built a thing called a "truck arrester bed" so if it happens again trucks can go in and somehow they can stop inside, dunno how it works maybe like a big foam block at the end.

200px-Great_Eastern_Highway_Truck_Arrester_Bed.JPG

Thats the one!!
Truck "arrester bed" lmao.

tequila

Bottle Lover
FACT: Woman don't like to be called fat.

FACT: Everyone needs fat to survive, it conducts and stores body heat.

FAIL: I hate shopping for prom dresses. :mad:

Top Bottom