• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Raccoon City's location . . .

Brosephus

Romero;70653 said:

Where do you have that info from? It's the first time I hear it.

Near the beginning of the suckfest Resident Evil 3 movie, where Alice is narrating and explaining where the virus originated, the camera zooms in on an image of the planet. The closer the camera zooms you can see it is heading for the southeastern coast of Michigan. Eventually the camera zooms close enough to where you can see Belle Isle, the island park in the Detroit River. The buildings depicted in this sequence are not in Detroit, but the satellite/radar image is pretty clearly Detroit. So for whatever that's worth . . .

No mountains in Michigan though. Just hills and sand dunes.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
About the characters, I don't know where they live, but one thing I do know is (it's pretty unexceptable) that most of them are Caucasians XD! I thought that they were all American. I was suprised hearing that even Leon is a pure Caucasian XD! Chris is part Caucasian/American, Steve is pure Caucasian, Billy is also pure Caucasian and even Wesker is part Caucasian, part American 0_x! So, none of them are pure American :O!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
JaguarsSoul;78015 said:
About the characters, I don't know where they live, but one thing I do know is (it's pretty unexceptable) that most of them are Caucasians XD! I thought that they were all American. I was suprised hearing that even Leon is a pure Caucasian XD!

Caucasian is a race/ethnicity referring to white people. American is a nationality. Most of the characters ARE American, unless they've got duel citizenship or are not from America. I'm confused by what you mean when you say Leon is 'pure Caucasian'. Obviously Leon is Caucasian because of his light skin, but why do you think he's not American? I mean, RE 4 made it pretty damn clear he was an American agent working under the President of the United States...

I suppose perhaps you are referring to Caucasians as people with European descent? All Caucasian North Americans have European ancestry, on account of colonialization. But it doesn't change the fact that they are American. Like I said, one is an ethnic/racial group, the other is a nationality.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Except a few select characters which are British/European, African/European and Ada which is half-Chinese, the rest are all American.

About Raccoon City, well, It looks like a US mid-eastern city.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
They don't say exactly where Raccoon is, all we know is that it's a small mid-western mountain town, as clearly stated in the first game.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Magnolia Grandiflora;78026 said:
They don't say exactly where Raccoon is, all we know is that it's a small mid-western mountain town, as clearly stated in the first game.

You're right, actually, It's in the mid-west.

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
Because Of the City Structure. I dunno it Reminds me Of Detroit.

Not A good fact but in the First RE movie it Shows Raccoon City being Detroit, That is where the infection spreads from.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
ProtoTypeRaavyn;78038 said:
Not A good fact but in the First RE movie it Shows Raccoon City being Detroit, That is where the infection spreads from.

Exactly, not a good fact at all, on the contrary, It's not some fact you should base your judgment in this topic and in the question It represents It as the movies are not canon to the Resident Evil game storyline.

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
Albert Valentine;78039 said:
Exactly, not a good fact at all, on the contrary, It's not some fact you should base your judgment in this topic and in the question It represents It as the movies are not canon to the Resident Evil game storyline.

Down Boy Down. I wasn't Attacking, And I knew it Was crap Facts that is Why I mentioned that is Was crap. But I dunno I always Imagined The City to be Detriot. I know I am wrong I was just Voicing the Opinion.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
I was merely stating why It was not a good fact. There was nothing in what you said that could make me attack you, or I would simply invent something to attack you which would result in a flaming.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
A map of Raccoon City. Thought you might find interesting :3

Raccoon_Map_by_JosePY.jpg

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Albert Valentine;78127 said:
Yes, this is actually the map of Raccoon City. Quite huge, in fact.

That's true. I first thought it was a small town, when they said in RE4 intro: ... and hit the peacefull little town, with a ...

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
JaguarsSoul;78129 said:
That's true. I first thought it was a small town, when they said in RE4 intro: ... and hit the peacefull little town, with a ...

Yeah, that's Leon telling the events in the intro. Kind of a contradictory term as It is Raccoon City and not a little town.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Albert Valentine;78130 said:
Yeah, that's Leon telling the events in the intro. Kind of a contradictory term as It is Raccoon City and not a little town.
Think about how much of Raccoon is open space, though and how much is actual building and structure. Remember, there's the mountains and the forest, which take up a considerable amount of room, and there's a very long stretch of highway leading into the actual city as seen in RE2. Raccoon is small when you consider how much of it is...civilized, for lack of a better term.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Magnolia Grandiflora;78194 said:
Think about how much of Raccoon is open space, though and how much is actual building and structure. Remember, there's the mountains and the forest, which take up a considerable amount of room, and there's a very long stretch of highway leading into the actual city as seen in RE2. Raccoon is small when you consider how much of it is...civilized, for lack of a better term.

Even taking under consideration what you just said, the city is too large to be considered a small town.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
La Femme Fatale;78020 said:

Caucasian is a race/ethnicity referring to white people. American is a nationality. Most of the characters ARE American, unless they've got duel citizenship or are not from America. I'm confused by what you mean when you say Leon is 'pure Caucasian'. Obviously Leon is Caucasian because of his light skin, but why do you think he's not American? I mean, RE 4 made it pretty damn clear he was an American agent working under the President of the United States...

I suppose perhaps you are referring to Caucasians as people with European descent? All Caucasian North Americans have European ancestry, on account of colonialization. But it doesn't change the fact that they are American. Like I said, one is an ethnic/racial group, the other is a nationality.

Ow... *epic fail DUN DUN DUN*

I first thought that there's a place, somewhere at Russia, called Caucasia (lolwhut). Therefor, I automaticly saw all those characters as Russians D: Damn I so fail at these things 0_x...

Mr Sunshine

JaguarsSoul;78201 said:
I first thought that there's a place, somewhere at Russia, called Caucasia

Actually, there's a mountain in south west Russia which is called Caucasus. Most European races have descended to Europe from that area and that's why the are called Caucasians I think.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Albert Valentine;78200 said:
Even taking under consideration what you just said, the city is too large to be considered a small town.
I beg to differ. I believe that the game-makers enlarged the city as time went on but, as you can tell from the original shots of the city from the first games, it's not very large at all.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Magnolia Grandiflora;78205 said:
I beg to differ. I believe that the game-makers enlarged the city as time went on but, as you can tell from the original shots of the city from the first games, it's not very large at all.

I beg to differ. A small town with a +100.000 population? A small city, yes, not a small town.

Railways, subway system, transit system and highways totally exclude It from the small town status.

Originally a small hamlet in the middle of a vast forest, Raccoon City became a heavily industrialized city in the twentieth century.

Top Bottom