• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Raccoon City's location . . .

teal27

Since this is a question in regards to a fanfic I want to work on, I wasn't quite sure where to post this; here, or the fanfic place. Oh well, I trust if I'm in error, I'll be alerted.

Anyhoo, I was wondering: Is it ever said exactly where Raccoon City is located? Or is it always 'a mid-west' town? I figure from watching Degeneration, that whereever Harvardville is, it's not far from RC either. I can't find any specifics anywhere, and was wondering if there is a "fanon" on the subject.

My best guess is Colorado, considering all the mountains and trees n' such.

Another thing I was wondering is where is the BSAA, er, I dunno, main office? :confused: New York? Texas? Or maybe they have a number of locations. Did it say it in a game file on RE5 and I missed it? *makes mental note to check*

On that note, does it ever clarify where the characters themselves hail from? I mean, I know a bunch of them worked/relocated to Raccoon City to work there, but that's not where they lived.

I know I keep asking dumb questions like this all the time, but any suggestions or observations would be really helpful; I want to get to work on my fanfic soon. :)

wpstudart

I bet nobody knows where is Raccoon City, it's not very clear. About BSAA Headquarters, is something curious, never saw it on Resident Evil 5. Sorry if I didn't help :p

Zombie Enclave

Colorado?

Cartman: GOD DANGIT screw these zombies, I'm going home.

Just kidding but really, it does seem like it is in Colorado, or maybe some other place with mountains and forests, a very grassy and lush area possibly.

Tenebrae

Strange...

I was originally going to say Pennsylvania because I actually thought there was a Raccoon City, PA...could have sworn there was. Typically, most horror is based in Pennsylvania due to it's lush, yet dark, forests...it simply has a very dark feel to it. The city Silent Hill was based upon is about a half hour or so from my home town of Williamsport. I forget the actual name of the town, but the coal fire still rages on to this day.

Anyway, in regards to Raccoon City:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raccoon_City

Best I can do.

Tenebrae

aintnoscrub;51019 said:
Wasn't it obvious before you even had to look that it didn't exist

No, it wasn't.
As I said above, the city Silent Hill was based off is in PA. I had thought I heard of Raccoon City being one as well.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I think there is at least one place with "Raccoon" in its name somewhere in the US, but it was perhaps not "Raccoon City". I think I have seen it on a map actually. I don't know what state it was in.
It happens that fictional game cities are based on real cities.

Tenebrae

aintnoscrub;51032 said:
Just me then...i thought it was pretty clear

Many things that seem clear can often lead to misconceptions. I assumed that the Silent Hill city wasn't based upon anything real either...then I learned that the place was about a half hour from my home town. :p

Romero;51040 said:
I think there is at least one place with "Raccoon" in its name somewhere in the US, but it was perhaps not "Raccoon City". I think I have seen it on a map actually. I don't know what state it was in.
It happens that fictional game cities are based on real cities.

Well, I've found that there is a Raccoon Pa, but apparently no Raccoon City Pa... Though, if there's a city in Raccoon Pa...one could call it Raccoon City, which I assume there is. :p

Not to say it's where they got their city name from in RE...I thought it was Raccoon City Pa, and I was wrong.

ResidentZelda

This are all the "Raccoons" that I found lol

Raccoon, Putnam, IN 46172
Raccoon, Humeston, Wayne, IA 50123
Raccoon Rd, Corydon, Wayne, IA 50060
Raccoon, Pike, KY
Raccoon, Parke, IN
Raccoon, Beaver, PA
Raccoon, Gallia, OH
Raccoon, Hurricane, Putnam, WV 25526
Raccoon, Plano, Wayne, IA 52581

teal27

Hmm. Interesting. In regard to posts I'm seeing, I realize Raccoon City is not a REAL place, I was just wondering if Capcom ever placed this fictitious city in a real state.

Thanks for the list, Resident Zelda. Indiana sounds pretty cool. :D

What about the characters? Any word on where they live/ hail from?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
ProtoTypeRaavyn;70572 said:
IOY! Raccoon City is Suspossed to be Detroit.
Where do you have that info from? It's the first time I hear it.

Top Bottom