• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Quick gameplay questions

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Does knife attacks that ends up in the thin air count as a miss (hit ratio)?

I'm trying hard to get the hit ratio/accuracy score to 100% on chapter 2-3. I fear that knife attacks counts as a "shot", and that missed knife attacks counts as a missed shot.

This is getting really difficult... I reload everytime the knife misses a target. I have tried to pass the Left (Ganado) Route for about ~20 hours! All this effort for 100%. :pinch:

Edit:
In case anyone would suggest the Right Path... I've cleared it already. El Gigante is dead. I didn't miss a shot there (he's so big, impossible to miss :p ).

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
No replies? No one knows the answer, or maybe a too stupid question? I'm crazy enough to see it as a big deal.. =]

Rathit if you read this, you thought you got a hit ratio of 99% because of a missed kick, do you think you would have got a even lower percentage if missed knife attacks counted as well?

Sometimes when I expected a hit ratio of 100% on a chapter I got only about 90-95%. I couldn't explain how it happened, I was sure every shot counted. But then I didn't think that swinging the knife counted as a shot. Now lately I've wondered if it could be missed knife attacks that caused the low hit percentage.

Or maybe it's another explaination for it. The shotgun perhaps? Many times, I aim the shotgun in between people, so that the lazer is not hitting something. But the pellets does hit the targets still. Maybe this is counting as a miss because the lazer was off the target?

Is it likely that missing with the knife or "missing" with the shotgun lazer is lowering the percentage?
Any thoughts out there?

_U3_

Well, if you want to find out yourself, start a new mission and try it, finish the chapter and check your hit ratio.
OR
You can shoot the first Ganado you see at the beginning of every chapter and section, then switch to the infinite launcher (if you have it) and it's RPG's don't count as a fired bullet, therefore resulting in 100% accuracy at the end of each chapter/section

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
_U3_;33229 said:
Well, if you want to find out yourself, start a new mission and try it, finish the chapter and check your hit ratio.
OR
You can shoot the first Ganado you see at the beginning of every chapter and section, then switch to the infinite launcher (if you have it) and it's RPG's don't count as a fired bullet, therefore resulting in 100% accuracy at the end of each chapter/section
Thanks for the launcher tip. But this is my first play through so it'll have to wait...

I've been thinking about doing a test and find out, but it seemed as alot of work, and I thought I could do it perfect so it didn't matter what counted or did not count as a fired bullet. But doing it perfect proves easier said than done. If I had done a test early on, I would have saved myself a ton of work, but every time I thought I was SO close to play this chapter perfect.
And when I posted, I hoped someone already knew the answer so that I didn't have to do more work myself. ;)

I could maybe save for every three killed enemy, but I think I'm already saving enough often as it is, which is in between every wave on this tricky chapter (the Bella Sisters ++). I won't save more often because I want the 100% to prove skill, not cowardice and cheating. =]

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Shotguns

Shotgun vs Riot Shotgun

The game says that the Riot Shotgun offers "superior handling".

I've tried it a little, and I could not notice any improved handling over the old Shotgun. In what way should I notice better handling? What is handling really? I aim with the gamepad and the game points the weapon in the direction I want. All guns do that.

I think I'll keep the old Shotgun, I have upgraded it alot before I arrived at the Castle, and getting the Riot Gun would be a real downgrade when it comes to firepower, reload time and magazine capacity. It'll take ages before I can get the Riot gun up at the same level. And the "superior handling" is something I didn't immediately notice.

Your input please.

Hoady

I'm pretty sure it just works better at longer distances, when upgraded its also more powerful then the older one.Personally riot is my favourite i think it looks cooler and has a better fire effect.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hoady;34817 said:
I'm pretty sure it just works better at longer distances, when upgraded its also more powerful then the older one.Personally riot is my favourite i think it looks cooler and has a better fire effect.
So "handling" translates to long range effect? I didn't test the Riot Gun on long ranges.

Anyway the old Shotgun will be a super good long range weapon (if I hit the target, that is) after the "special upgrade".
But the question is, when will the special upgrade become available for the Shotgun, maybe when I'm about to finish the game and have gotten the Striker?

I will have the Striker, so I thought it's best to skip the gun in between. Because upgrading two weapons is expensive enough, upgrading three would maybe be a waste.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
once you fully upgrade your gun you can save up for a special upgrade, this is all very technical what your saying haha you make it sound complicated, just choose your favorite gun an kick some ass man thats what i do :p
striker is the best shotgun I never used the riot gun some people like that gun though, an they use it in every re game. ive seen people playing re5 online an thats all they use for the hole game haha its just that type of gun. powerful but slow.

handling means how fast you can look around while aiming. it does not really make a difference, im not sure if you can change the aiming speed in re4.
id keep the old shotgun an get the striker later, if youve upgraded the old one then keep it man. its jst a game id go with what youd enjoy using the most :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Yes I'll keep the old gun for now. I've invested so much in it.
I wondered if there was a difference that I had not noticed. But there is no difference, really. Nothing significant. That's a second reason to not buy the Riot.

I don't know what Capcom was thinking about when they put two similar guns in the game. One of them should have been sawn-off!

Thanks for input.

Edit:
Originally I was thinking that handling meant how fast I could turn around while aiming. But I found no difference when I tried the guns.
But now I counted seconds when turning 360 degrees. It takes about 6.5 seconds with the Shotgun, and almost 5.5 seconds with the Riot Gun. That is practically equal "handling"!

I've also suspected that the handling stat also has something to do with how steady I can aim at long distances, but so far this test is inconclusive.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Ive never thought of things the way you do thats why i said it haha, i could never be botherd to try gettign 100% the chapters are too long not to miss a single shot lol.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
RE5.;30691 said:
At the end of the game you do get a overall score of your accuracy an times died.. etc..
Does the game count how many times I retry from a continue point? Retrying can be abused haha, and maybe I'll get some score deducted.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
RE5.;35717 said:
i dunno posibly if you died an retryd lol
No, I retry before I die.
By the way, I found out that if you play for 30 minutes and retry, those 30 minutes are added to the "play time" stat.

But as I have never seen the "game complete" screen, I don't know if cheating will bite my ass in the end.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Trinity;30334 said:
who the heck is that pillow headed dude with a chainsaw? and is the babe with the chainsaw his wife ? :)
I apologize for misunderstanding! I thought you were an expert and didn't take your question seriously at first time.

The chainsaw man, or I should say men because they are not just one, are called "Dr. Salvador".
Dr. Salvador.
List of RE4 enemies.

The chainsaw women are the Bella Sisters, and I don't think they are married to the Salvadors.
Bella Sisters.

:)

L

Lurker
One time the bella sisters were fighting over what part of ashley they wanted. To bad she was a knight in rusty armor.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'm in the middle of chapter 3, wondering if I should spend another 57,000 to upgrade the TMP, or just sell it.
It is already half-way maxed out, but the first levels was less expensive.

I heard someone say that the TMP is (almost) needed when you fight two El Gigantes at one time?

Is the TMP less useful late in the game, or is it vice versa? I consider to trade it for a Mine Thrower. Hmmmm...

I'm maybe not as lost as it sounds like, I just like to discuss. :)

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think you shouldn't buy the minethrower, it's very useless (at least, i don't like it). Instead, spend the money upgrading your magnum and/or rifle.
You don't actually need the TPM for the two El Gigantes because one of them can be instantly killed using the scenario interactivity (but you won't earn your reward. If you really want the money, you can kill him ), you just need to kill the other one. The problem is that he wears an armour, so he'll be harder than the previous gigantes, which will make you spend much more ammo. I like the TPM and Rifle for the El Gigantes. But, if you really think you can defeat him without the TPM, you can sell it (again, i don't reccomend you to).
Why don't you buy the minethrower just to try it, and then, if you don't like it, restart or reload from a point before you bought it?
Also, if you're early on that chapter, let me tell you you'll get a free broken butterfly in the castle, so don't waste money on it.

L

Lurker
Bruno`s spoilers are right. remember on the balcony the place where you couldnt get in. backtrack with ashley to it.

Top Bottom