• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Quick gameplay questions

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
No spoilers please.

1) I am at the village for the second time. Before I continue to the church, I can go to the farm and collect gold eggs and make a nice profit. 3 hens can fill up my suitcase in no time.
But when the night comes, the hens will be gone. But will they return later? Or will I meet other hens other places later in the game? Is this the last time I can collect unlimited eggs?
(I know there will be snakes later, but they are not unlimited because I have to kill them in order to get the egg.)

2) I know that after I cross the lake, much of the areas I already travelled through will be sealed off. From the beginning of The Valley, I have not opened any of the many barrels/crates. Because I got plenty of ammo and cash from slaying enemies. On chapter 1.2 (The Valley > Chief's House) my hit ratio was 97%, meaning I'm not wasting much ammo. So I left all the wooden boxes for later, when I might be in need of supplies.

But when this area along with other areas are sealed off, the supplies I left un-opened will do me no good. Unless I'll be able to return to there a bit later? Are those blocked areas to be opened again soon?

I need to decide if I should collect the supplies now in spite of having little space in my suitcase.

----
I intend to use this thread for later questions, if I feel the question is too "quick" to justify a new thread. Unless of course if you have a rule that demands one thread per question.
I don't mind if also other members use this thread. :)

L

Lurker
1. No, the hens arent avaible anymore.

2. You wont be able to enter much other places, only the night farmthe church and the village.

As unspoilery as i can get.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
4-star rating?

What is a 4-star rating? Are 4 stars better than 3? How/why get a star?
I've not seen any stars except on the treasure map....

Is it possible to explain the star rating system without spoiling something?

Thanks

Trinity

who the heck is that pillow headed dude with a chainsaw? and is the babe with the chainsaw his wife ? :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Trinity;30334 said:
who the heck is that pillow headed dude with a chainsaw? and is the babe with the chainsaw his wife ? :)
lol, your post count indicates that you're not new to this game. I am new, when you're done joking feel free to answer my questions. :)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
the stars on the map indicate those blue coin things you have to shoot, you shoot so many and the traveler will give you a customized hand gun.
don't bother with the hens for collecting cash..you can get a decent amount and get your weapons tuned in no time just from opening barrels, and you dont have to shoot barrels, use your knife..ta da ammo saved.

if your all about saving ammo, use your knife more, slash them in the face once, then you get an option to kick them..or maybe another option depending how you stun them, then once on the floor just slash away.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
iHadeSsS;30588 said:
the stars on the map indicate those blue coin things you have to shoot, you shoot so many and the traveler will give you a customized hand gun.
don't bother with the hens for collecting cash..you can get a decent amount and get your weapons tuned in no time just from opening barrels, and you dont have to shoot barrels, use your knife..ta da ammo saved.

if your all about saving ammo, use your knife more, slash them in the face once, then you get an option to kick them..or maybe another option depending how you stun them, then once on the floor just slash away.
Thanks..
But I knew all that because I've read about it, online guides. And some things I found out on my own.

What I try to ask about is some rating, 4-star rating, 5-star rating etc. Is the rating a kind of rank that can be achieved by going through the storyline? Or is it about extra stuff that can be unlocked after finishing the game?

I read about the star rating in one of the guides (not on this site). It was briefly mentioned without them explaining what they talked about.

aintnoscrub

Premium
if your talking about the rating you get from finishing the game, i cant even remember getting stars at the end, (not saying im bad or nothing, done it in under 5 hours :)...) anyways, im guessing its the same sorta system as the others, i.e you get rank S-D/E in RE0-3 and others maybe, and you just have to finish the game in a good time, try not to use First Aid Spray as they knock your rank down a tad, and take as little damage as possible, and keep the hit percentage up high, dont let it get sloppy, apart from that i cant think of anything else.
is that what you was looking to hear?

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
At the end of the game you do get a overall score of your accuracy an times died.. etc..

If your trying to get a good score, then go for it, I'm not sure if you get rewarded extra for yor efferts though... ...But I like your enthusiasm, I cant remmember if Ive got over 90% accuracy before.

If you wonna make your shots count I'd pull off headshots an then do those kicks Leon does haha they rock.

aintnoscrub

Premium
yeah difinitely ^ ^ stick to what we said about headshot, and if your weapons not powerful enough, then go for the kick, or tune your rifle fully up, and you wont have a problem getting headshots, if your a good shot.
then you can easily reach over 90% by the end in terms of accuracy

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
An the rifle with a few power upgrades wont let you down during boss fights xD but you do need to be a good shot, but it sounds like your a super sharp shooter anyway.

The S, the U, the P the E the R,
The S, the H, the A the R the P,
The S, the H, the O, the O, the T, the E, the R.

Super sharp shots!!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
iHadeSsS;30657 said:
if your talking about the rating you get from finishing the game, i cant even remember getting stars at the end, (not saying im bad or nothing, done it in under 5 hours :)...) anyways, im guessing its the same sorta system as the others, i.e you get rank S-D/E in RE0-3 and others maybe, and you just have to finish the game in a good time, try not to use First Aid Spray as they knock your rank down a tad, and take as little damage as possible, and keep the hit percentage up high, dont let it get sloppy, apart from that i cant think of anything else.
is that what you was looking to hear?
This could explain what they were taling about. I should try to find where I read it, I think it's one of the linked guides on neoseeker.com. I have forgot the context.

Using First Aid Spray reduce the score? Who would think that on their first game!? Thanks for telling. Luckily I sold the spray because my suitcase was full. Using herbs and eggs does not hurt the final score?
I don't use much healing items anyway, if I get beaten up alot I rather start over again.

RE5.;30691 said:
At the end of the game you do get a overall score of your accuracy an times died.. etc..

If your trying to get a good score, then go for it, I'm not sure if you get rewarded extra for yor efferts though... ...But I like your enthusiasm, I cant remmember if Ive got over 90% accuracy before.

If you wonna make your shots count I'd pull off headshots an then do those kicks Leon does haha they rock.
Headshots are the best, but also difficult if you try to maintain a high accuracy. Easy to miss a head. I usually aim for the body or a leg. Takes more bullets but it is good for accuracy percentage.

How does the shotgun affect the accuracy? One shot contains a number of pellets and if one pellet hit somebody, it counts as one hit even if most pellets hits nothing?
In Grand Theft Auto, one shotgun shot may count as 16 hits if all the 16 pellets hits a valid target. Very good weapon for improving the hit accuracy! I don't know if it works this way in RE, because the stats is not easily accessible.

iHadeSsS;30700 said:
yeah difinitely ^ ^ stick to what we said about headshot, and if your weapons not powerful enough, then go for the kick, or tune your rifle fully up, and you wont have a problem getting headshots, if your a good shot.
then you can easily reach over 90% by the end in terms of accuracy
Regarding the Rifle, it seems as the bullet can fully penetrate a body and hit a second person? Or maybe it's just the first person pushing the other person as he falls.
yeah, sniping skulls is fun. But if a body shot can hit two people just like the Punisher, then a Rifle bodyshot could be effective.

Edit:
The chainsaw man at 1.3 Chief's House had a solid head. By killing him many times with a combo of Rifle and Handgun, I measured his head to 32 health points.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Regarding the star rating we talked about

I managed to locate a source for the "star rating" phrase:

A guide hosted by neoseeker

HANDCANNON (SPECIAL)

Unlocked by getting a five star rating with every player in every level of the Mercenaries game.

This should make it clear for everybody what I was asking about. Sorry for not making the context clear earlier - I was not knowing what I talked about myself... all I remembered was the phrase "star rating".

Edit: When can I do the Mercenaries mini game? After I finish the main storyline?

(Optional) question to Trinity:

How can one dine with Del Lago, before taking a boat trip? :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
About some barrels...

Stupid Ashley. You know that second El Gigante, in the canyon in chapter 2-3 (right path). Ashley just stops and point at the big boulder above. "What about moving your ass instead of freezing there, facing danger on two sides?"

Well, I do get past this point, killing the troll isn't so hard if I can time it so the boulder hits him just before he's trying to grab Ashley. I don't need help with this, I just have to mention it. *pulling hair*

What I wanna ask about is, all those barrels on elevated platforms, is it some way I can reach them, or make the platforms fall down?
(The shiny special item sitting on top of one barrel isn't a problem.)

loathsbane

yeah she has a grappling hook which allows you to reach those higher places. but there are no treasures you should be missing with leon, he gets all the complete sets and such.

aintnoscrub

Premium
That first battle with el gigante doesnt need fighting u can turn around and run, shoot the locks and keep running sves time

loathsbane

in my opinion you should just take the route with the chainsaw twins. that route always seems easy. and more treasure maybe?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
rathit;32443 said:
No you have to wait until you beat the game as ada on sperate ways.
Thanks.

iHadeSsS;32468 said:
That first battle with el gigante doesnt need fighting u can turn around and run, shoot the locks and keep running sves time
Tried to run once. He catched up with me when I picked up all the goodies. I found out it's easier to engage him. And I want the 15000 worth of gold! It cost me only 1.5 clips of TMP ammo and 1 flashbang. :)

I have also found out that dropping the huge boulder on his head is worthless. It does ZERO damage to him. It only slows him down, which is all I need actually. Better to drop it in front of him and not risk a miss.
I know because I tested it. When the boulder is not hitting him, it took exactly 50 TMP bullets to get him on his knees. When the boulder landed on his head, it also took exactly 50 TMP bullets to bring him down. (TMP FP upgraded to 0.6)

loathsbane;32469 said:
in my opinion you should just take the route with the chainsaw twins. that route always seems easy. and more treasure maybe?
I can't help but take both routes! RPG gamers knows it as Bloodlust. :ermm:

aintnoscrub

Premium
if your gonna run, then you don't stop to pick up goodies =P
shoot the boulder so it slows him down, turn around and keep running,, then he shouldnt be able to catch you, he's never caught up with me, with that method.

Top Bottom